04/22/2013 - waiting for rebuttal to continue

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
See, I just don't get it. If she's battered, then wouldn't any reaction she had be in response to BWS? I don't understand how Heat of Passion would factor into it. Maybe I'm just dense.

Someone suggested the classic Heat of Passion crime was coming home and finding your spouse in bed with someone else. So in this case, are they suggesting Jodi had a boyfriend who battered her but when she found him in bed with someone else she killed him? I mean, they're not really saying that, but . . . . on the one hand you'd think she wants to get away from him, and on the other hand, she's so distraught at losing him she kills him?

I'm not explaining this very well. Can't get my head to function properly. I need some of that fog spray that Nurse was talking about.

Now it this were allowed wouldn't she have to get back up on the stand and say she lied????

'Morning kaRN! :seeya: These pics are funny, nothing like a bit of humour to start the day.

BIhLnYGCYAAGyH-.jpg:medium

Still :floorlaugh::floorlaugh: over jumbo gas cans taking up the entire back seat. Atleast she did not have to worry about being lonely on her trip. She had her Gas Cans/Passengers to keep her company.

I'm curious as to what they were saying for Judge Stephens to be laughing like that? I mean, I've seen Juan smiling before, but not JS.

Wasn't that right after JS said they would start promptly at 9:30?

I think you have to have an account with photobucket or flickr (they're free), upload your PC pics to that account, and then use the image url created on upload here as you would with any online image.

But, I am admittedly nowhere near an Einstein. :(

Thanks. I knew these things at one time but since watching this trial I've become PC stupid cause I haven't been doing anything but reading and writing.

So where is the rebuttal witness list and the new gunshot photo ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See, I just don't get it. If she's battered, then wouldn't any reaction she had be in response to BWS? I don't understand how Heat of Passion would factor into it. Maybe I'm just dense.

Someone suggested the classic Heat of Passion crime was coming home and finding your spouse in bed with someone else. So in this case, are they suggesting Jodi had a boyfriend who battered her but when she found him in bed with someone else she killed him? I mean, they're not really saying that, but . . . . on the one hand you'd think she wants to get away from him, and on the other hand, she's so distraught at losing him she kills him?

I'm not explaining this very well. Can't get my head to function properly. I need some of that fog spray that Nurse was talking about.

No you're explaining it fine. The DT premise doesn't make any sense. Just imagine the jury instructions for this mess. :banghead:

:gasp: I just saw the pic of Travis' face straight on with a sheet pulled up covering the throat gash and showing the bullet wound. I didn't know this one existed and found it more disturbing than the throat one.

I TRULY PRAY THIS JURY DOES THE RIGHT THING!!!!!!

I believe they will my fellow Sleuther :seeya: .......... :rocker:

:gasp: I just saw the pic of Travis' face straight on with a sheet pulled up covering the throat gash and showing the bullet wound. I didn't know this one existed and found it more disturbing than the throat one.

I TRULY PRAY THIS JURY DOES THE RIGHT THING!!!!!!

BBM: I agree !

I was absolutely HORRIFIED when I saw that photo ! OMG, Jodi needs to "fry" !

:drumroll: I think Mr. Juan needs to make a big blow-up of that photo for the Jury for his closing statement to show that this was NOT self-defense -- oh wait -- NOT a "heat of the moment" whatever !

:moo:

Kind of amazes me that she was given this case, as high profile as it is, seems like a seasoned DP judge would have been a better choice. I just really wish she would consider the jurors for once, I feel so incredibly sorry for these people having to deal with this poorly run trial.

I think this trial would have went a complete different direction with a different judge IMO
She seems to have no back bone and very little regard for this poor jury.

Thanks. I knew these things at one time but since watching this trial I've become PC stupid cause I haven't been doing anything but reading and writing.
No worries, I understand. Once upon a time, before trial, I actually fed my family regularly and occasionally cleaned my house. ;)

Her team filed a motion to now make this a "heat of passion" killing.
In addition, they want the Jury to be allowed to find her guilty of Second Degree Murder in addition to 1st.

My guess is it will go No and No...
(um, if you now want Heat of Passion, you must be saying it was not self defense then...)

The jury asked Jodi if she was mad at Travis when she was stabbing him and she said she had no fear, then changed to no she's wasn't angry. So WTF is it now? that Jodi lied on the stand so they wouldn't think bad of her?

So I read the article. Flabbergasting. Sickening really. Sorry... I'm just one of those people who speak my mind.

There is a section on this forum that highlights bullying. Online bullying - in particular. We've all read the recent accounts. They're heartbreaking. Rational adults speak against it. No one considers the slander, horrific and even threatening comments by online bullies as "free speech". I'm lost as to why that could even be a question???

Regardless of what someone things of Jodi Arias - Alyce LaViollette is a hero. She's a woman who's dedicated her life to highlighting domestic abuse. Changing the way society thinks about it. Creating programs that address the problem.

I'm a woman who was never abused. Independent, headstrong (but funny) and very self-aware.

My sister is not.

Today I live with her after a terrible incident that ended 10 years of domestic violence and abuse. The kind that would make most people's hair stand on end. She was battered, raped, degraded and broken in every way you can break a human being. She escaped one night with her kids when her husband tried to kill them all. I came - the big sister. Moved in - helped and stayed and am still helping.

We went through the court process while her (now ex) was charged, tried, convicted and sentenced. The sentence never undid the harm. It never will.

The day Alyce LaViolette took the stand I listened. 5 minutes in - I ran to get my sister. She had to hear what this woman was saying. We stayed glued to the trial during her testimony. We have her book on order at our local book store (currently sold out).

What my sister learned from that testimony was more than she learned from 4 years of reading, therapy, talking, discussing, trying to work things out in her own head and heart.

The trial part - the Jodi Arias issues - they all faded into the background.

I know there are many others out there - abused and abuser alike who heard all that and maybe, just maybe are beginning to understand abuse a bit better.

I don't know Ms Arias. I wasn't present in that bathroom. I don't know what happened. The Prosecutor doesn't either. Nor does Ms Wilmot, nor Kurt Nurmie, nor the doctors who testified, nor the friends, family, police officers. They're all just doing their best to give their insight in the course of justice.

But I do know this. Alyce is an amazing woman. SHE'S not on trial. SHE didn't kill anyone. She gave her professional opinion, in a court of law - and she is certainly entitled to do so - without expecting harm to come to her. I hope she can put the bullies behind her and I wish her all the strength.

A very large proportion of those 'bullies' are women like your sister, abused and battered women. They certainly don't share your opinion of AL. We live in an insane asylum, this culture is insane. Well it's not just this culture, domestic violence occurs all across the globe.

I am 53, grew up poor, raised by a single Mom raising six children ages 12-2. Four females, and of the four of us, one was abused. We are all headstrong women, my sisters and I, but only one of us got into an abusive situation. Looking back my sister says she should have filed for divorce the morning after the wedding. But she didn't. She had dozens of instances where she should have left, all along the way, but she didn't. Even before children were born, but she didn't. Hearing her reasons why, I can't come away with anything other than, 'that's stupid'. I just find it impossible to understand why anyone, man or woman, could use any rationale to steadfastly remain in a situation where they know they are being hurt. How can love and beatings/abuse/hurt occupy the same place in the human mind?

To me it's like willingly walking into a lion's den to be mauled over and over and then decry it with "Why is this animal continuing to maul me over and over?" It doesn't matter that it all began with the lion growling at you, then roaring at you, then batting at you with his paws, and so on and so on. The general direction is clear, and that is in the direction of more serious battering.

I know these observations aren't politically correct, but you can't say I haven't 'walked in their shoes' as I walked very closely and intimately next to a battered woman. No one deserves to be abused or battered, but when you don't leave NO MATTER the reason, you are tacitly giving your abuser permission to mistreat you. And at some point the abused person runs to the government and demands that they 'fix' the situation, the situation that they have refused to alleviate of their own free will. The govt: We will press charges. The battered person: Oh no, don't do that. Wash, rinse, repeat. It completely defies logic or rational thinking.

So feel free to pile on and call me heartless and without compassion towards victims of domestic violence. I'm just at a loss as to why it continues, and in fact, seems much more prevalent today than at the dawn of feminism. There have always been brutal and bullying men, but where are the strong women that feminism promised? Why did my sister behave in a way that her three sisters would NEVER have behaved? We had identical parentage, identical environments, we got the same messages from our Mother, it is just baffling to me.

And I know it's a complex issue, and one battered woman is very different from the next battered woman. Getting back to AL, she has worked her whole life to offer someone to listen, a hand to hold, a resource for aid to battered women. But in terms of this trial, all she offers are fanciful excuses and an imagined boogie man to attempt to get a cold-blooded killer released from the murder charge the defendant so rightfully deserves.

All of the above: MOO

BBM: I agree !

I was absolutely HORRIFIED when I saw that photo ! OMG, Jodi needs to "fry" !

:drumroll: I think Mr. Juan needs to make a big blow-up of that photo for the Jury for his closing statement to show that this was NOT self-defense -- oh wait -- NOT a "heat of the moment" whatever !

:moo:

Someone posted a link to those photos yesterday in here. That one you describe will haunt me forever.

Watched this several months ago but finally decided to post it on Websleuths because of the number of recent comments about Jodi's handwriting in her journals. It's fascinating even if you don't buy into graphology/handwriting analysis. Keep in mind the graphologist recorded her analysis on January 28--long before we heard Dr. DeMarte state that Jodi has BPD. The video only includes the pyschologist's/forensic handwriting analyst's comments about signs of BDP in Jodi's handwriting, but that written description that accompanies the video indicates the expert also found indicators such as Narcissism, Sociopathic and Anti-Social.

Jodi Arias Murder Suspect - Handwriting Analysis - YouTube

Her team filed a motion to now make this a "heat of passion" killing.
In addition, they want the Jury to be allowed to find her guilty of Second Degree Murder in addition to 1st.

My guess is it will go No and No...
(um, if you now want Heat of Passion, you must be saying it was not self defense then...)

!!!
I didn't know this. I wish the judge would allow it, then they'd be telling the jury two things that contradict each other.

I wanted to add to this: self defense or crime of passion, both go out of the window after JM proved this was premeditated: grandpa's gun being stolen, gas cans bought, cellphone being turned off in arizona, hair bleached so that neighbours wouldn't recognize her, the renting of a white car, etc.

Can someone post a link to that photo please? I have not seen it.

If this is not allowed then I apologise.

This most recent filing says everything about what the DT is thinking. They know for sure Jodi is going to get convicted, there isn't a way out of that, so they are going to try to get the least amount of time possible for her by introducing this new option for the jury to consider.

They are doing what they are supposed to do for her, and Lord knows they are getting paid well enough to do their jobs - I just wonder if they are aware of how ridiculous it looks to everyone else, or maybe they don't care? I think it's all about winning in the end for lawyers, I don't think they give a care about Jodi, they just don't want to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne