04/22/2013 - waiting for rebuttal to continue

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaving "down there" is definitely a request I make of my s.o., but my guy friends also say they shave down there routinely. It is a cultural norm now.
Agreed! Manscaping is definitely popular. I like my guy groomed too, but not hairless. I once dated a competitive swimmer who got rid of all his body hair (common among swimmers). Body builder-types also tend to take it all off so-to-speak. ;)

Does anybody have the complete opening statement by JM? Please share a link if you do, thanks!

I don't even know if they make it any more. BeachGirl's from Pennsylvania, so maybe she's heard of it, but I'd be amazed if many people on this board have even laid eyes on it.

I sure have heard of it. In fact, I had some Hughes' Scrapple just this week! I love it and I'm pretty darned persnickety about which kinds I like :) I know it skeeves a lot of folks but I don't think about it, just eat it :)

According to the defendant, he did not care for body hair.
It is my understanding that it's de rigueur among young folk. :eek:

BBM.....so that leads me to believe the opposite

Shaving "down there" is definitely a request I make of my s.o., but my guy friends also say they shave down there routinely. It is a cultural norm now.

:blushing: Really? Do they say why?

Did the jury ever find out why JA drove 100 miles to rent a car to drive to TA's to kill him, like why didn't she use her own car?

I sure have heard of it. In fact, I had some Hughes' Scrapple just this week! I love it and I'm pretty darned persnickety about which kinds I like :) I know it skeeves a lot of folks but I don't think about it, just eat it :)

Well, I love sausage, another food item it's better just not to think about what's in it.

I read somewhere, maybe here that because JW didn't understand the questions she was asking Dr. D, she couldn't re-word them when asked to by the witness. Maybe she'll get some coaching from Dr G before she puts him on the stand.

You know they really blew this whole defense IMO when DrS stated JA had PTSD stemming from the killing and not from what amounts to weeks of alleged abuse. The symptoms of PTSD and BPD are similar enough to leave room for debate per Dr Drew tonight. I don't understand what relevance PTSD triggered by slaughtering another human being has as a defense? The fact she has PTSD makes her appear slightly more human than the monster who doesn't maybe but the jurors still see her there everyday acting cocky or like a lunatic but never like a person with remorse. :banghead:

Except for a person with PTSD actually avoids discussion and remembering the incident What did JA do? She went to memorial service, asked the roommate to take her by the crime scene, wrote a letter to the grandmother and sent flowers, created a memorial to TA on her facebook or myspace page, asked to see the autopsy photos, gave media interviews, etc.....

What did she do to avoid the traumatic incident?

BBM ~ Yes, Travis' eyes make me melt everytime I see them. Even the pictures of him when he was younger.

When I saw Travis doing the chicken dance he won my heart (a grandmother's heart).....how many young men in their late 20's would be so confident in themselves to do the chicken dance...SOBER!!

Folks, me and my headache (it's high pollen season here) are going to hit the hay -- wait, that's allergen producing too. Well, go to bed anyway.

Really looking forward to tomorrow.

I was thinking about Dan's Sporting Goods in Yreka being listed as a State witness. I wonder if Jodi talked to the clerk who sold her the 9mm & told him that she had experience with a .25 Auto?

She stated to Det. Flores that she had "never even shot a real gun."

Has anybody explained what the difference is between a claim of Self-Defense and a claim of Heat of the Moment? I asked on the legal thread but haven't gotten an answer yet. Maybe someone has already explained?

Very generally It's the difference between someone attacking you and you reasonably feeling like you need to defend yourself with (in this case) deadly force, which can be self defense v. being inspired to great fury that you can't control in the moment, which is heat of passion. The classic example of heat of passion is catching your spouse in bed with another person and losing it on them. jmo

Trying again....
I have learned so much about the judicial process by watching this trial I feel like a lawyer! There are a couple of things I'm unclear on and I'm hoping someone can help me out!

1. When the text/im/emails are presented and they are in evidence, why can't the witness read them out loud?:banghead:

2. The text/im/emails have been talked about in pieces and out of context. Is the entire copy entered into evidence or just the portion they are talking about? If the entire messages are entered into evidence, does the jury get to read the entire conversations when deliberating?:please:

Thanks in advance to you awesome sleutherssss!

p.s. I made my profile name before Jodi used the word on the stand :floorlaugh:

Lol I'm like your mom I love fried thick boloney sandwiches with mustard and mayo.:scared:

LOL...On Wonder bread!!! (plain old bad for you white bread for our non-American friends...)

Did the jury ever find out why JA drove 100 miles to rent a car to drive to TA's to kill him, like why didn't she use her own car?

She stated that since she rented the car or actually found a rental online, she chose the cheapest place--and it "happened" to be at the REdding Airport.

She didn't drive her own car due to some issue--she said it on the stand, but I don't remember the exact excuse.

If I was on this jury, my question would be: would this defendant kill again. Yes.
Would this defendant, with her anger problems, aggression. etc. be able to stop herself from being a repeat offender.

No.

Absolutely agree. Anyone who crosses her path is in danger. And this, it appears, has been since childhood when she attacked her brother with a baseball bat.

MOO

When I saw Travis doing the chicken dance he won my heart (a grandmother's heart).....how many young men in their late 20's would be so confident in themselves to do the chicken dance...SOBER!!

I'd forgotten about that! He looked so completely guileless and sweet. And he was funny. A good sport.

And Jodi darting around like a mosquito taking photos only of him. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member