04/22/2013 - waiting for rebuttal to continue

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I read the article. Flabbergasting. Sickening really. Sorry... I'm just one of those people who speak my mind.

There is a section on this forum that highlights bullying. Online bullying - in particular. We've all read the recent accounts. They're heartbreaking. Rational adults speak against it. No one considers the slander, horrific and even threatening comments by online bullies as "free speech". I'm lost as to why that could even be a question???

Regardless of what someone things of Jodi Arias - Alyce LaViollette is a hero. She's a woman who's dedicated her life to highlighting domestic abuse. Changing the way society thinks about it. Creating programs that address the problem.

I'm a woman who was never abused. Independent, headstrong (but funny) and very self-aware.

My sister is not.

Today I live with her after a terrible incident that ended 10 years of domestic violence and abuse. The kind that would make most people's hair stand on end. She was battered, raped, degraded and broken in every way you can break a human being. She escaped one night with her kids when her husband tried to kill them all. I came - the big sister. Moved in - helped and stayed and am still helping.

We went through the court process while her (now ex) was charged, tried, convicted and sentenced. The sentence never undid the harm. It never will.

The day Alyce LaViolette took the stand I listened. 5 minutes in - I ran to get my sister. She had to hear what this woman was saying. We stayed glued to the trial during her testimony. We have her book on order at our local book store (currently sold out).

What my sister learned from that testimony was more than she learned from 4 years of reading, therapy, talking, discussing, trying to work things out in her own head and heart.

The trial part - the Jodi Arias issues - they all faded into the background.

I know there are many others out there - abused and abuser alike who heard all that and maybe, just maybe are beginning to understand abuse a bit better.

I don't know Ms Arias. I wasn't present in that bathroom. I don't know what happened. The Prosecutor doesn't either. Nor does Ms Wilmot, nor Kurt Nurmie, nor the doctors who testified, nor the friends, family, police officers. They're all just doing their best to give their insight in the course of justice.

But I do know this. Alyce is an amazing woman. SHE'S not on trial. SHE didn't kill anyone. She gave her professional opinion, in a court of law - and she is certainly entitled to do so - without expecting harm to come to her. I hope she can put the bullies behind her and I wish her all the strength.

Calling Laviolette a hero is absurd. Professionals are expected to adhere to the standards of their profession, and she did not do that. Doing something wrong for 30 years does not make you a legitimate expert. And we do know that Jodi murdered Travis, she admitted to it.

what(shis)face . . .
I think I've been reading way too long. This is exactly how I read it and of course - :floorlaugh:
:seeya:

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Except for a person with PTSD actually avoids discussion and remembering the incident What did JA do? She went to memorial service, asked the roommate to take her by the crime scene, wrote a letter to the grandmother and sent flowers, created a memorial to TA on her facebook or myspace page, asked to see the autopsy photos, gave media interviews, etc.....

What did she do to avoid the traumatic incident?

I'm not really sure because after she did all the things you listed, she bought another gun and knife and rented another car.
She's also received no treatment for her alleged PTSD. What's up with that?

once you remove it, it feels yucky to go back to normal. i dunno, i never think of it as a pedo thing, i've got a few guys to try it with hair removal cream and they all loved it and kept doing it.

it just feels so normal to me now. like waxing my legs.

I must say that I think this is a generational thing. :snooty:

I just wanted to throw out there that the "Brazillian" that Jodi had is what all the girls in Playboy have--and I don't think their readership is pedophiles. JMOO

Hmmm. Are we being tested?
I love me some standardized testing - that's how you pass without doing any work all year!

Depends if youre filling out your own bubble-answer sheets though--doesnt count if your tester has a legal pad of their own
:giggle:

What is really ironic (or not believable) is that Jodi is writing about not being able to "put her finger on it" with a broken finger (so she claims). And she is so good at writing she is able to write just as well with the broken finger as she did prior to it being broken. Truly amazing.

I broke my ring finger. I was not able to write. My writting was totally different when I tried.

ALV may have done some good things in her time, but no longer. Jodi Arias is NOT a victim of domestic violence, Travis was!!! And Alyce was rude and inappropriate on the stand. She refused to consider that a male could be the victim of domestic violence. Jodi lied in her journals. Alyce also wouldn't give a straight yes/no answer and was inappropriate in telling the prosecutor that he was angry at her and needed a time-out!!!
Alyce did a great disservice to real victims of domestic violence with her testimony in this case. :twocents::moo:
Also, what professional witness needs a cheering section? She is also not educated enough. Dr. DeMarte has a Ph.D. and is fully qualified to give unbiased psych evals. ALV only has a Master's and is not qualified and clearly biased. She is also unprofessional by apologizing to the defendant and sending her magazines and books, when she was hired only to evaluate her, and speaking to the victim's family. I'm not advocating violence against ALV, but she was on the witness stand, so yeah in a way she's on trial, and her testimony stunk!!!

P.S. The Prosecutor in this case does know what happened. He has all the evidence.

And I believe laViollette perjured herself on the stand and was caught re-handed.

Calling Laviolette a hero is absurd. Professionals are expected to adhere to the standards of their profession, and she did not do that. Doing something wrong for 30 years does not make you a legitimate expert. And we do know that Jodi murdered Travis, she admitted to it.

ITA with you 100%.

Answering "No" to the question of whether JA was the greater perpetrator of DV w/ respect to TA's wounds pretty much negates the "hero" label. As does days of colluding with a DT that painted the victim as a partner beating pedophile without a shred of proof.

I don't condone threats of physical violence, but I feel not a drop of sympathy for her. None. You reap what you sew. Whatever fallout comes from her decision to back a murdering psychotic with a disgusting peanut butter mouth swish is totally deserved.

What is really ironic (or not believable) is that Jodi is writing about not being able to "put her finger on it" with a broken finger (so she claims). And she is so good at writing she is able to write just as well with the broken finger as she did prior to it being broken. Truly amazing.

Also amazing that she went to work and no one noticed her finger all bound up with popsicle sticks. Waaahhh the pain of it all! I wonder if that hurt more than a nick with a razor???

You know, when the whole KC debacle was going on, I initially thought she was a fairly attractive person but then the more I saw photos or watched videos, the more I found her to be kinda bizarre looking. I couldn't pinpoint what it was though -she just looked weird. I get the same from Jodi. Oh, and that little hole in Jodi's lips when her mouth is closed drives me batty! I keep waiting for a snake tongue to flicker out of it! Has anyone else noticed that?

Agree, that little hole between her lips drives me crazy too. Maybe she got it from all her Starbucks drinks she had. Insert straw here!

I'm relieved on who the defense rebuttal witness is. There's little chance the motion will be granted and even if it is, there's enough dirt on this guy to destroy him on cross.

What did I miss? Who is it? Sorry, been on youtube looking at earlier trial videos

Yes, boyish good looks. Impish. In his photos (without Jodi), he always looked as if he was about to suddenly laugh and his eyes twinkled. That looks like I described Santa, lol. But you get what I mean. :p

This is one of my favorite pics of Travis. That "oh gosh" look on his face, and how he seems to just be in awe of life.

travisalexander.jpg

If she is missing pages in her journal, then perhaps she ripped them out because her hand writting was different. That might of been during the time she broke her finger. A different hand writting would have been detected.

Awww. It's my fault for being snarky, so I would like to publicly apologize. Apparently, one of Nancy's little ones wanted her to wear the barrette. I'm sorry for being stupid about it. :(

I totally understand. I actually don't feel you were being snarky, just goofy like the rest of us tend to do :)

I'm one of those who appreciates NG, burette or not. She is one of those, whether people like her or not, who is PRO victim. I feel sorry for her really. Although the vclip was funny/silly, it was pretty snarky to NG (the video) and I hope she took no offense to it.

Sorry am very much behind so please forgive me if this is long since hashed and rehashed..

IMO the above excerpt from Det. Flores investigation report regarding Mimi Hall's statements is quite possibly the piece to the puzzle that I've been searching..

IMO this likely is the exact catalyst that many of us have been searching for as to what was the event that led to Travis' anger seen in his texts and emails that have served as the defense entire basis of characterizing him as abusive..

IMO it is likely the event that Mimi refers to in this above excerpt from the report.. Travis had caught Jopdi hacking into his accounts and confronted her about it the week prior to his death.. This is what Mimi tells us in this report.. The week prior is the time frame that the entire email and text msg exchange occurred with Travis very angry.. We also know per Mimi in the 911 call that Travis had told his stalker ex girlfriend the week prior that he never wanted to ever see her again..

It is exactly these events that Mimi speaks of that occurred the week prior to his murder.. And IMO it is these exact events which are the catalyst that led to Travis confronting Jodi, once and for all calling her out and stating exactly who and what she is..and its exactly the event that led to the anger seen in those emails and texts for which the defense has built Travis' entire abusive character around..

IMO its this event of Travis having caught Jodi once again hacking into his accounts that led to the confrontational messages which IMO led to Jodi at that point in time definitively drawing the line in the sand, so to speak, wrt her deciding for certain that Travis was going to die.. The messages exchanged on 5/26/08 that IMO stemmed directly from Travis catching Jodi hacking into his accounts is IMO the catalyst for which I've been searching... Those messages exchanged on 5/26 directly led to Jodi staging the break in two days later on 5/28 for which she secured one of the two murder weapons, the 25 semi auto handgun..that gun used one week later by Jodi in her carrying out the murder of Travis..

IMO his catching her once again hacking his ACCTS is what led to his calling her out in those electronic messages on 5/26.. Which he never had any idea would be the issue that was the deciding factor that would lead to her choosing to take his life...

Jmo, tho.

Exactly! I re-listened to Mimi's direct, cross, and re-direct today and here is where the hacked emails come into play (I think). Mimi testified that Travis asked her to go to Cancun with him in the beginning of May. Juan asked her if she could remember specifically- she couldn't- she just knew it was in the first week or so.

She was immediately going to turn him down, but thought better of it when he told her that she would be staying with a family (they both knew) and that everything would be paid for- meals, activities, flights etc. She had already had the talk with Travis about only being friends and he had been good about it and wanted very much for them to work toward being good friends- she liked him and thought he was fun, and had fun when she was with him- she just wasn't interested in anything more.

So, she tells Travis she will think about it. She testified that 2-3 days later she told him yes, she would go. Juan asks her how she and Travis communicated during this time- she states by phone, text, and email.

About a week later she tells Travis (I could easily see there being some part of this communication in writing) that he really should take someone else with him- and he tells her (or writes?) THAT THERE IS NO ONE ELSE HE WANTS TO TAKE- so she agrees to go.

Boom! This is what she found out through the emails- I am certain. I have thought for a long time that the Cancun trip was NOT the catalyst- I have now changed my mind.

Jodi must have freaked when she saw the fantastic shape Travis was in physically- he looked good. He never tried to lose weight or get in shape for her. She knows what a horn dog he is and how sexual he can be AND she knew he wanted to marry Mimi. Cancun could potentially go along way to making that happen in Jodi's mind.

After all- Travis is to her- irresistible, why wouldn't he be to Mimi? He was going to woo Mimi in a very romantic, beautiful place (in Jodi's mind) and all of his PPL friends would love her too (the fine, born in to the church Mormon girl, graduated from BYU, great job at JP Morgan- all the things Jodi wasn't and would NEVER be).

Add to that- IF Jodi was originally on the ticket and HE CHANGED THE COMPANION FROM JODI TO MIMI- well, the plot was conjured and then set into motion. I have no problem believing Mimi was next. None, whatsoever!

So I read the article. Flabbergasting. Sickening really. Sorry... I'm just one of those people who speak my mind.

There is a section on this forum that highlights bullying. Online bullying - in particular. We've all read the recent accounts. They're heartbreaking. Rational adults speak against it. No one considers the slander, horrific and even threatening comments by online bullies as "free speech". I'm lost as to why that could even be a question???

Regardless of what someone things of Jodi Arias - Alyce LaViollette is a hero. She's a woman who's dedicated her life to highlighting domestic abuse. Changing the way society thinks about it. Creating programs that address the problem.

I'm a woman who was never abused. Independent, headstrong (but funny) and very self-aware.

My sister is not.

Today I live with her after a terrible incident that ended 10 years of domestic violence and abuse. The kind that would make most people's hair stand on end. She was battered, raped, degraded and broken in every way you can break a human being. She escaped one night with her kids when her husband tried to kill them all. I came - the big sister. Moved in - helped and stayed and am still helping.

We went through the court process while her (now ex) was charged, tried, convicted and sentenced. The sentence never undid the harm. It never will.

The day Alyce LaViolette took the stand I listened. 5 minutes in - I ran to get my sister. She had to hear what this woman was saying. We stayed glued to the trial during her testimony. We have her book on order at our local book store (currently sold out).

What my sister learned from that testimony was more than she learned from 4 years of reading, therapy, talking, discussing, trying to work things out in her own head and heart.

The trial part - the Jodi Arias issues - they all faded into the background.

I know there are many others out there - abused and abuser alike who heard all that and maybe, just maybe are beginning to understand abuse a bit better.

I don't know Ms Arias. I wasn't present in that bathroom. I don't know what happened. The Prosecutor doesn't either. Nor does Ms Wilmot, nor Kurt Nurmie, nor the doctors who testified, nor the friends, family, police officers. They're all just doing their best to give their insight in the course of justice.

But I do know this. Alyce is an amazing woman. SHE'S not on trial. SHE didn't kill anyone. She gave her professional opinion, in a court of law - and she is certainly entitled to do so - without expecting harm to come to her. I hope she can put the bullies behind her and I wish her all the strength.

I can tell you why I think Alyce Laviollette is a disgrace: she sold out. A woman claiming to devote her life to domestic violence education and therapy decides to champion a lying, manipulative, premeditated murderer. She decides to "diagnose" a dead man with pedophilia--based on JODI ARIAS' WORD. She "diagnoses" abuse by Travis Alexander--by JODI ARIAS' WORD.

She decides to take payment for pontificating that JODI ARIAS IS THE VICTIM and TRAVIS ALEXANDER IS THE PERPETRATOR after looking at the crime scene photos.

The only believable reason Alyce Laviolette would ever look at this case and determine it to be "self defense" by "battered women's syndrome" is because she needed the cash.

JMOO

copied from last thread

bbm
afternoon all,

slightly ot, i was in a store this weekend and a young lady in her early 20's came rushing up to the checkout stand very upset that she had lost her phone in the store. i have not seen anyone behave so irrational in a long time. this person was in a full on panic. i think she would have had everyone in the store searched if she could've. she kept shouting but you people don't understand. i thought really?

back ot, ja probably had lots of disturbing things on that phone. :moo:

OR every contact she has is in that phone and she doesn't have a back-up Sim card.... note to self GET A BACK UP SIM CARD NOW!

Nurse just swooping in here with a clear warning, and then making me :floorlaugh:. Love it. Bring on the gas cans! Is it Tuesday yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalo13