04/22/2013 - waiting for rebuttal to continue

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sooo jealous of your weather!! We can't seem to shake winter here. Yesterday was sunny and 60 but today we're back to cold (48 degrees), cloudy and rainy. Makes me want to dunk my head in a bucket of emu meat.

LOL Dont tell Steely :floorlaugh: Well we are having a mixed bag of weather too. One day it's spring. Back to winter. Or rain :banghead: Many teaser days. Needs to level out. I hope u get some warmth soon :seeya: I luv trial distractions when weather is hinky.

How come Tobin only received only 30 years? Doesn't Scotland have Life without parole? Seems awfully lienient for killing so many???

unfortunately not,life here is at the discretion of the judge.
that man is the epitamy of evil

back on topic,i am more than ready for today,im getting impatient already. maybe just maybe for once we will be on time :please:

yeah right who am i kidding :facepalm:

I wasn't concerned about the verdict until yesterday. Now the defense wants a sur rebuttal, which is ridiculous considering they knew what DD was going to testify to and now they want manslaughter listed in juror instructions. Are you serious? So basically it's saying, "Hey, if you don't believe self defense, at least believe it wasn't planned. Oh, if it's too brutal for self defense, let's call it a crime of passion." It's crazy.

I also only started watching during the defense's case, so I missed that DH testified about the bullet passing through the brain, but it wasn't in the report and that Flores had some super tough juror questions. Am I worried about nothing here? Is there anything I missed that is good for Jodi?

:welcome5:

I prefer not to think before speaking. I like being just as surprised as everyone else at what comes out of my mouth. In here, however, I need to put myself on a shorter leash and try to behave.

Just noticed where you are. I have family in Fort Wayne.

Ditto that. Prison is supposed to be punishment. Isn't it? And certainly we should not have to pay for that.

IMO I think if a criminal is sentenced to a term shorter than life... Every effort should be made toward rehabilitation. Who wants or needs some criminal released back into society that's more angry and more criminally savvy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never got back here yesterday. Left because the neighbors were doing something making all this horrid squeaky noises. Turned out to be spreading manure. I stayed gone since the smell of that took over. So instead...I actually did other things and then later entertained myself watching River Monsters. Kind of like watching Juan reel in that big liar.

so, basically spreading manure creates a squeaky noise? wow, learn something new every day.

Sadly, over here 18 years is nearly exorbitant. I've read of sentences for 8 months time for raping a 3 year old girl and murder sentences 7-10 years aren't all that uncommon either. And then there's Brian Blackwell, who brutally slaughtered his elderly parents who were threatening to stop being his personal piggy bank. He had a murder charge reduced to manslaughter on the basis of narcissistic personality disorder. He was sentenced to life in prison - which very rarely ever actually means life in prison, with the exception of a whole life tariff, which offenders under 21 can't be sentenced to.

In 2008 a new prison was built in Scotland with private in-cell showers, flatscreen tv's in cells, electronic kiosks to check daily menus, library, computer room, fitness suite, and gym. Granted, not all prisons are like that but it goes some way to express a big cultural difference.

Wow! Sorry to butt in but I just read your posts and well, I thought our Canadian system was lax (and it is IMO) but that jail you wrote about sounds like a 5 star hotel!! Far from being a deterrent that's for sure!

I haven't caught up on posts from late yesterday and overnight, and I'm sure that someone has already posted this. When I was telling DH about new developments in the case last night, he said, "Well, you know who's driving the "manslaughter" option. "It's Jodi." I wasn't sure what he meant until he reminded me of an interview that Bryan Carr did with JVM or NG when he said that the manslaughter verdict is what Jodi expected and that she would walk for time served. I did a cursory search on the HLN site but can't be sure which interview it might be. Has someone already posted this? If not, I'll try to find it.

IMO I think if a criminal is sentenced to a term shorter than life... Every effort should be made toward rehabilitation. Who wants or needs some criminal released back into society that's more angry and more criminally savvy?

I agree but they shouldn't have more than public schools.

Sadly, over here 18 years is nearly exorbitant. I've read of sentences for 8 months time for raping a 3 year old girl and murder sentences 7-10 years aren't all that uncommon either. And then there's Brian Blackwell, who brutally slaughtered his elderly parents who were threatening to stop being his personal piggy bank. He had a murder charge reduced to manslaughter on the basis of narcissistic personality disorder. He was sentenced to life in prison - which very rarely ever actually means life in prison, with the exception of a whole life tariff, which offenders under 21 can't be sentenced to.

In 2008 a new prison was built in Scotland with private in-cell showers, flatscreen tv's in cells, electronic kiosks to check daily menus, library, computer room, fitness suite, and gym. Granted, not all prisons are like that but it goes some way to express a big cultural difference.

BBM Don't tell JA. She'll demand all this for herselfdom. :furious:

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/02/06/man-who-gave-jodi-money-visit-travis-speaks-out

The day before she left, she was pretty frantic that she had to go back and see Travis," Paul Stern said, not knowing what fateful event was about to occur in Arizona. “She talked about how [Travis] was seeing other people and she asked to borrow money and I gave her money.”

In the video accompanying this statement he says she paid him back. I wonder how much she borrowed? Where did she get the money to pay him back? I BELIEVE she stole every penny Travis had the day she killed him. I would love to find out if any money was found in Travis' wallet. And why this guy was not called as a witness? So many unanswered ????'s in this case

Wow! Sorry to butt in but I just read your posts and well, I thought our Canadian system was lax (and it is IMO) but that jail you wrote about sounds like a 5 star hotel!! Far from being a deterrent that's for sure!

Note to self . "Break a law in Canada so I can get a free spa treatment." :floorlaugh:

Lets see:

Dr. Samuels - interviewed her and didn't care that she was untruthful, it made no difference to him or to his outcome after calculating it 3 times.

Ms. ALV - interviewed her, apologized to her, and swallowed the lies hook line and sinker.

Dr. DeMarte - interviewed her and did not buy the lies.

New Dr. - hmmmm - anything would just be a guess but he rather sounds like a clone of Park Dietz. Hired gun - proven.

So sad, the story remains the same.... 'what data were you given' and did you get Travis Alexander side of the story? If he finds something different than Dr. D, one can assume another Psychologist could also find different/same results. JS please stop this from going in circles, for the jury, but mostly for us WSers. aaaahhhh

I feel bad for the true professionals of Psychology who help so many!

We have definitely had our fair share of nuts over here but we don't have the same access to trials as you guys do.

I don't even remember if trials are televised as they are over here. I've been living over here for nearly the same amount of time JA has been waiting for trial:hills:
Think I will go and make the dogs some treats before court starts. Although we know that they will not start on time:banghead:

I think she had $146 in her account or something like that. I'm getting that from previous discussion on here so I can't vouch for that or anything.

I wish JA's disastrous financial situation on June 4 had been explained more fully, because there's no innocent reason for her spending that much money on an unnecessary trip. None.

I agree. Also, we should have some perspective about who is in prison. Our prisons are not bursting at the seams with Jodi Ariases. The vast majority of state prison inmates are low level drug offenders.

I haven't caught up on posts from late yesterday and overnight, and I'm sure that someone has already posted this. When I was telling DH about new developments in the case last night, he said, "Well, you know who's driving the "manslaughter" option. "It's Jodi." I wasn't sure what he meant until he reminded me of an interview that Bryan Carr did with JVM or NG when he said that the manslaughter verdict is what Jodi expected and that she would walk for time served. I did a cursory search on the HLN site but can't be sure which interview it might be. Has someone already posted this? If not, I'll try to find it.

JA will consider it a huge victory if she gets anything less than first-degree...second degree, manslaughter, hung jury...She will smirk and smile and act as though she won the lottery.

The only thing that will wipe that smirk off her nasty face is being convicted of murder in the first degree. I trust JM will convince the jury to vote for nothing less than that.

I prefer not to think before speaking. I like being just as surprised as everyone else at what comes out of my mouth. In here, however, I need to put myself on a shorter leash and try to behave.

I am the same way. :worms:

so, basically spreading manure creates a squeaky noise? wow, learn something new every day.

Well it doesn't but whatever they were using to cart it around the yard was. But speaking of weird questions regarding manure...just so happened Hubby bought four bags yesterday and I found myself wondering why "STEER" manure was so blatant on the bags. Is there any other kind? That's sold commercially that is. This trial has morphed me back to the WHY WHY WHY age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denny