04/22/2013 - waiting for rebuttal to continue

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:highfive: I'm here for ya :seeya: together we will all get through this :justice:. Thanks for voicing your support. I desperately needed that right now. :hug: to you ... and everyone else who is feeling the pain

And a poster has them w/o side bars so time is cut from 5 hrs. To 5 min.

So what do we have on Geffner so far?

1. He edited a book by ALV <---biased

2. A trial court sanctioned Geffner in another case and an Appeal Court upheld the sanction, writing that he was nothing but a hired gun another case <---history repeating itself :floorlaugh:

Anyone find anything else?

JM's legal staff just needs to read websleuths. :floorlaugh:

Maybe it's the Xanax talking, but none of this strikes me as worrisome. The lesser included charges were talked about at length in the legal question thread. Nothing new.

The DT is tanking- let them add the charges. Nobody with a brain is going to file 29 stab wounds, a near decapitation and a shot to the head under heat of passion.

Heat of a passion is like...Guy A hits on Guy B's girl in a bar. Guy B gets mad, calls Guy A some bad names. Guy A swings at Guy B, who ducks and picks up a bottle of Jack. Guy B conks Guy A in the head, accidentally kills him.

This isn't manslaughter. The change of weapons and nine cluster stabs to the back PLUS a 6 1/2 inch deep cut to the throat? Are you kidding me? No way.

As far as a new expert goes, it will serve to bore the jurors to tears and not much else.

Well, it took about 3 seconds for me to find some questionable dealings by Robert Geffner...
Seems the defense can not hire a decent witness.

The trial court ultimately found that Dr. Geffner was simply a "hired gun" and that his testimony was completely without merit.

Me too. And it was my favorite Christmas carol.

Please folks. Do not despair. Do yourselves a favor and recapture your favorite song!

4206842085_99d8413152_b-965x543.jpg

Really? As if the defence didn't have access to her report? Seriously?

As if the defence didn't open all sorts of doors?

They deposed her for pete's sake!! How can they now claim they didn't know about her diagnosis! She actually wrote a report!!! Unlike ALV and JM only had her notes and a recording of the deposition to go on cuz she didn't write one. And look what he accomplished with those bits and pieces...FOR SHAME defense team....FOR SHAME!

I can't remember the details except that in her interview with Flores... she claimed she had no idea Mimi was going with Travis to Cancun until the day of the memorial service. I believe .. and CMIIW but I seem to recall her letting it slip on the stand ? that she did know prior to June 4. Anybody else recall this?

I was just watching Martinez cross her about Cancun. Her demeanor changes whenever she is asked about it. Flores, Juan..whoever. Begins at 15:30

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=EuDwXwt9UHs&desktop_uri=/watch?v=EuDwXwt9UHs

She testifies she was never asked to go. (Let's see if someone testifies this week that her name was on a ticket but later changed?)

She says she knew two people were going. Juan gets her to say she knew this on June 2 and on May 28

He then says that "back on May 10, he was still talking to you about sex, right?"
And even though he was talking to you about sex, he was taking someone else to Cancun, right?"
He asks her if this upset her and she answers "no"

Can a computer expert testify about the hacking of accounts? Wouldn't it show that Travis could not have logged in at that time, by the IP address? One cannot be in 2 states at one time, right? Just for the time frame around the 26th.

i'm starting to wish i hadn't given up alcohol :scared:

This is not a good time to give up drinking,smoking,swearing at your TV or talking about anal sex! Also, not a good time to decide to be a better housekeeper and cook.

The defence views the judge as a pushover, IMO. I certainly do. I keep hoping she'll prove me wrong.

Every one I have chatted with agrees with that statement. I often felt HHJS was actually afraid to say NO to the DT! If she lets in the Dr., she is going to lose a lot of respect in her professional circle as well!

Love it:
BBM
The trial court ultimately found that Dr. Geffner was simply a "hired gun" and that his testimony was completely without merit. In light of the deference that the appellate court is required to give to the credibility determinations of the trial court, it appears unlikely to us that any additional testimony that Dr. Geffner might have been allowed to give would have had any effect on the ultimate outcome of this case.

Don't for this. :furious::furious::furious::furious:

RE: Geffner

During almost a full day of testimony, the witness was able to fully express his criticisms of the purported defects in the evaluations performed by the other psychiatrists and psychologists in this case, and his opinions of the relative fitness of the parties for parental responsibilities, even though he never met Father.

http://www.leagle.com/xmlResult.asp...2801.xml&docbase=CsLwAr3-2007-Curr&SizeDisp=7

ETA: Didn't RS submit findings against a FATHER without ever meeting him? Yes, he did! The Three Stooges is my prediction.

Where are you reading the motion? TIA:seeya:

HLN reporting what the motion said not the actual motion. :blushing: I got it here....
'The defense team wants to call psychologist Robert Geffner to the stand to refute DeMarte's testimony. The attorneys claim Martinez failed to present any evidence that Arias has a personality disorder in its case-in-chief, and therefore they should be allowed to rebut the new evidence introduced during his rebuttal case.

"If a court allows new evidence to be introduced in State's rebuttal, a defendant should be allowed to introduce contradictory evidence in surrebuttal," wrote defense attorney Jennifer Willmott in Monday's filing.' http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/04/22/jodi-arias-defense-wants-present-more-evidence

Maybe it's the Xanax talking, but none of this strikes me as worrisome. The lesser included charges were talked about at length in the legal question thread. Nothing new.

The DT is tanking- let them add the charges. Nobody with a brain is going to file 29 stab wounds, a near decapitation and a shot to the head under heat of passion.

Heat of a passion is like...Guy A hits on Guy B's girl in a bar. Guy B gets mad, calls Guy A some bad names. Guy A swings at Guy B, who ducks and picks up a bottle of Jack. Guy B conks Guy A in the head, accidentally kills him.

This isn't manslaughter. The change of weapons and nine cluster stabs to the back PLUS a 6 1/2 inch deep cut to the throat? Are you kidding me? No way.

As far as a new expert goes, it will serve to bore the jurors to tears and not much else.

I agree. I think it all rankles because right now it feels like the outcome is uncertain but it isn't. She WILL be convicted of 1st degree and she WILL be put down. In deliberations the jury will return to the hard evidence and all the hard evidence points in one direction.

Jumping off this ..

Time Out Exercise - Anger Paradigm. By Alyce LaViolette

• Does your stomach churn or get in a knot, do your shoulders tighten, does your heart beat faster, do you feel hot, does your face burn, does your jaw clench?
  • When you recognize your signal (fuse), you can leave the situation physically and/or mentally.
  • If the energy is big, leave and do a non-aggressive physical cool down (e.g. active walking, jogging, lifting weights, isometrics, dancing, shooting baskets, riding a bike).
  • As you cool down physically, begin a cognitive cool down. Practice thinking differently. Practice positive self talk. You might say, "I don't want to hurt or scare anybody. I want to solve a problem." Or "I want to cool off." I don't want to feel bad about when I do - I don't want to feel guilty. I want to handle things better."
  • Go back to your perception (how you see it) and look at alternate ways of seeing the situation. This is a good time to empathize and not to blame.
  • Work on problem solving - doesn't have to mean confrontation. Remember, anything you want to get good at, you have to work on improving. Practice, practice and practice. You will develop a new way of thinking.
  • Go back to person (if you still feel you need to) and work on solution.

http://www.alycelaviolette.com/Time-Out-Exercise-Anger-Paradigm.htm

For some reason when I read through this I hear Tantric Bells and Whalesong...

There's no room under the bus for the poor whales. Let's just leave it at the bells, shall we? :scared:

This feels like this is something he wants to do to rehab his friends reputation. Good luck, buddy, and hope that you don't get dragged down into the sewer along with the other defense experts.

If he is allowed, however, I really feel like he will probably help neglect Dr. DeMarte's testimony because he's older, as well, and there ARE some older people on the jury and they will relate to him more than Dr. DeMarte. I hope it ends up not mattering because, again, none of that can erase the obvious signs of premeditation.

Nevertheless, this trial is stressing me out!

I love your siggie!!! It has me ROFLMAO! :floorlaugh:

This is not a good time to give up drinking,smoking,swearing at your TV or talking about anal sex! Also, not a good time to decide to be a better housekeeper and cook.

i gave up drinking nearly 2years ago but i have a fridge full of spirits and alchopops,i have been tempted more than once.

ive been living off takeaway practically since this started,unfortunately i have to cook for the kids :sigh: :scared::floorlaugh:

I can't get over the defense wanting a chance to question another psychologist concerning Dr. DeMarte's diagnosis of BPD. It was in her report, I assume, and the defense knew of the diagnosis before the trial ever started.

Dr. Samuels tested Jodi himself. He was so hot about her having PTSD, he was questioned for so too many days about that. He was never even asked about a personality disorder by the defense.

It wasn't until a member of the jury asked if had found any other diagnosis for Jodi that he quickly mentioned that she had a personality disorder, not otherwise specified.

When Dr. DeMarte gave the MMPI, she looked at the results and Jodi's behavior patters and dropped the NOS and gave the specific diagnosis of BPD.

The defense has already had a chance to deal with her diagnosis through Dr. Samuels and in cross examination.

I hope the judge doesn't give the defense a do-over. IMHO, the domestic violence went over like a thud, and the PTSD is extremely iffy at this point. I hope we find out tomorrow if the sur-rebuttal will happen.

Me too. And I am ready for this trial to move on. Tired of it. BTW==what is a Rock squirrel? I have tons of squirrels here that the dogs chase and I wonder what kind they are. They are grey/silver. Sounds like you have lots of things to keep you busy. :) ty

OT: They have the same coloration as Jack rabbits, kind of an gray agouti (banded colors on one hair) coloration and they live in burrows, tails as long as their bodies.rock-squirrel-xxx09g114.jpg They actually make great pets if you can snag them when they're young!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV