10/28/11 Private Investigator Returns, Baby Lisas Family Leaves

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BBM
I don't think a book is necessary - maybe just good old-fashioned common sense is in order.

How about this: Just answer ALL questions of LE, including the uncomfortable ones; tell the whole truth; and ask the public for any help in finding your missing child.

That oughta do it for starters. MOO.
Maybe they have. Perhaps the other questions LE has asked them are, 'Where did you hide the body? Which one of you actually killed her? Where is Lisa?' and if they are innocent, then they truly don't know. But if LE doesn't believe them, then to LE, the parents aren't cooperating fully. I have utmost respect for LE, but in my experience, they'll obfuscate the truth in the media to put pressure on the person they think is guilty. So when LE says the parents aren't helping them with the investigation, maybe the subtext is: the parents aren't telling us where the body is, etc.

That said, I'd do whatever LE wanted, because if someone snatched my baby that would be my worst nightmare. Everything after that, including LE accusing me, would just be unpleasant. Then again, they have two other children to think about and can't afford to take the same path I would.

IMO

That's my question too. I been reading this thread for pages trying to catch up but looks like everything under the sun is being discuss. Maybe we are on the wrong thread.

Still trying to catch up here too, Cher.

My first response to this thread title? "Well, I don't blame them!" :p

I really think holding hands in their front yard is holding them to a very very rare standard of parental supervision. I mean, to read your post it sounds like you didn't allow your children to ride bikes, or have "races" with other kids in the park, or play soccer, which doesn't sound like it's probably right -

It's different if you are talking about navigating a very narrow busy alleyway - these kids are in their front yard, looks safe to me.

in your quote of me in your post, I never say I hand hold in my front yard, I specify in the street. also, I am in england, what you think of as a "front yard" mostly does not exist here. or in most of EU that I have seen.

eta for that matter, there is no "soccer" here :crazy:

Please know....I still reach for my 16 year old in busy areas. lol My neighborhood is not very busy. We have visited DC several times.... hold both my kids' hands much to their dismay. lol

thank you for telling me that, after the other replies to my admission of being a handholder, I was beginning to fear that I was stranger than I first suspected :floorlaugh: but it really is different here compared to suburbia america. that along with my (admittedly) paranoid nature is what led me to ask in the first place :hug:

Because of the cousin ML? Do you mean just until Monday (tomorrow)? Becuz otherwise, they would be yanking the boys out of school, or getting time off from school. Maybe they're going to have the boys stay out of the area.

I agree that it's none of our business, but I hope that LE knows where they are...IMO.

Speculation only: I've been thinking that *maybe* they plan to resume talking in person to LE, and wanted a family getaway before school resumes on Monday. But you would think they would have left Thursday nite, in order to have all day Friday away, too. Maybe something happened on Friday, tho, to encourage them to cooperate. I even daydreamed a bit that they might be conferencing with JT via phone and discussing confessions. But I don't think that LE has told them "all that they have on them", and I'm not sure if all the lab results are complete yet (from the SW). So this would probably be premature. I believe it's going to take more for that to happen. I've also thought that maybe they're trying to hide from GJ subpoenas. Or perhaps they wanted to regroup about a replacement for Cyndy Short. JMO.

Based on previous announcements of what/why they're doing, my guess is that it's anything but what was said to the media about it. ;) JMO.

Or maybe stash the kids with family or friends, come back. If kids cannot be found, the cannot be interviewed. MOO

BBM

Maybe they have. Perhaps the other questions LE has asked them are, 'Where did you hide the body? Which one of you actually killed her? Where is Lisa?' and if they are innocent, then they truly don't know. But if LE doesn't believe them, then to LE, the parents aren't cooperating fully. I have utmost respect for LE, but in my experience, they'll obfuscate the truth in the media to put pressure on the person they think is guilty. So when LE says the parents aren't helping them with the investigation, maybe the subtext is: the parents aren't telling us where the body is, etc.

That said, I'd do whatever LE wanted, because if someone snatched my baby that would be my worst nightmare. Everything after that, including LE accusing me, would just be unpleasant. Then again, they have two other children to think about and can't afford to take the same path I would.

IMO

According to DB, that is exactly how she was interrogated. I don't blame her for not wanting to answer anymore questions and I'm glad they have an attorney. If what she says is true, they wanted her to confess and she would not. We've seen some cases where false confessions were made so it does happen.

According to DB, that is exactly how she was interrogated. I don't blame her for not wanting to answer anymore questions and I'm glad they have an attorney. If what she says is true, they wanted her to confess and she would not. We've seen some cases where false confessions were made so it does happen.

While the mother's own admissions have made me suspicious of her, I can't blame her in the least for wanting an attorney. False confessions can and do happen.

That said, we've already seen inconsistent statements from DB and an eleventh hour admission that she was in fact very drunk the night Lisa was "kidnapped".

What truly concerns me is DB's and JI's seeming reluctance to meet with LE at all for 3 weeks. If my child was missing, I'd be at the police station with my attorney every morning trying to cooperate as much as possible. Every minute is precious in the search for a missing child.

cadaver dog hit.
Thanks. I was hoping you had inside info (which should stay with LE), or dream/psychic info (which I know we're not supposed to discuss here, so forget this part of my comment). ;)

Thanks. I was hoping you had inside info (which should stay with LE), or dream/psychic info (which I know we're not supposed to discuss here, so forget this part of my comment). ;)

If I had insider info, believe me, I'd be sharing it with authorities! :innocent: The cadaver dog hit next to mom's bed, coupled with the apparent lack of urgency among the parents to actually search, tells me Lisa is no longer alive, and the parents know it.

While the mother's own admissions have made me suspicious of her, I can't blame her in the least for wanting an attorney. False confessions can and do happen.

That said, we've already seen inconsistent statements from DB and an eleventh hour admission that she was in fact very drunk the night Lisa was "kidnapped".

What truly concerns me is DB's and JI's seeming reluctance to meet with LE at all for 3 weeks. If my child was missing, I'd be at the police station with my attorney every morning trying to cooperate as much as possible. Every minute is precious in the search for a missing child.

They may be cooperating through their attorney. We just don't know. Not everything is released to the media. CS was "fired". We can speculate until we're blue in the face as to why she was fired but we don't know what is going on behind the scenes.

It's funny because when the news broke it was said she was the one who wanted the boys reinterviewed. A couple of minutes later, the media reported she was fired because she did not want the boys reinterviewed. Then later, it was reported that JT was the one who fired her because he wanted the boys reinterviewed.

Bottom line. We don't know.

If I had insider info, believe me, I'd be sharing it with authorities! :innocent: The cadaver dog hit next to mom's bed, coupled with the apparent lack of urgency among the parents to actually search, tells me Lisa is no longer alive, and the parents know it.
Me too. But don't forget it's JI's bed, too. And nothing has been released to the media from LE, about his whereabouts for the entire Monday nite. Well, we don't have confirmed whereabouts for either of them on Sunday, either (except by assuming, via the birthday photos). And I'm still suspicious that something may have happened to Lisa between the birthday party on Sunday (which we have alleged photos) and before 5:30pm Monday. We don't have any witnesses that say they saw her after that party, except DB and JI. We, that is...maybe LE does.

We've also been told conflicting opinions as to what may have caused the cadaver dog hit.

Some experts said blood would cause a hit.

Some experts said feces would cause a hit.

Until we have definite proof that the scent was from Lisa's remains, we will have battle of the experts even before this case ever goes to trial. Actually, if it does go to trial, we'll still have a battle of the experts. lol

thank you for telling me that, after the other replies to my admission of being a handholder, I was beginning to fear that I was stranger than I first suspected :floorlaugh: but it really is different here compared to suburbia america. that along with my (admittedly) paranoid nature is what led me to ask in the first place :hug:

Yes it really it is different there compared to suburban America and I fully understand coming from where you are and being where you came from if that makes sense. You see it's not just the width of the streets (I was initially daunted by the VASTNESS and number of lanes on 'ordinary' American streets) I also had to take into account, when crossing one of these vast streets, that traffic was coming at me from the opposite direction to what I had had ingrained in me since childhood. Even after 5 years of living here my head still sometimes turns to look the wrong way so I'm hyper-aware when my two sons (28 and 23) are visiting from the UK that they are also programmed automatically to look the wrong way and I instinctively reach for their hands to steer them across the crosswalks.

Guys, my husband is 40 years old. The last time we were at his mother's, he walked with her to the store up the street. I stayed behind with our 4 year old and watched them walking along. My husband was walking a little ahead of his mother. A car was passing, she reached for his hand and pulled him away. He wasn't even near the side of the road.

I truly think it's instinct to protect your babies - be they 4 or 40.

IMO

It may even come down to learned behavior. My mom used to put her whole arm in front of me when coming to a sudden stop or sudden braking while driving. Even with seatbelts on which we always used. It was slightly annoying after I grew up (if I ever grew up, that is. ;) ).

I've done that to kids, adult friends and family, too...and I never had kids. :) Not so much anymore becuz I won't get out of "park" until all passengers have their seat belts on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meekdoggydogg
Back