100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 16th day on the stand #73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
100 juror questions + JM questions = migraine for Arias

I am really dumb about this stuff. I downloaded u stream on my phone this morning, but I can't get it to go to the AZfamily site to watch the trial.

When ustream is open there is a search option at the bottom. Put in azfamily.com and it should come up.

I just downloaded it this morning too.

Just curious if there are poster here who actually believe that Jodi used Travis' gun from the closet shelf to shoot him, and the gun stolen from her house a week before is just an unfortunate coincidence?

I keep hearing on TV and here about "it just takes 1 and she walks". If only 1 is in her favor - it's a hung jury and she can be tried again.

The jury I was on reached a verdict, but it was well hung. If ya know what I mean. :floorlaugh:

They stop at 4:30 Arizona (MT?) time.

Sorry I got all my time zones mixed up again. I'm in Central.... forget about the eastern time zone. :blushing:

That would be start @ 3pm Mountain and quit @ 4:30pm Mountain, IF they follow the usual court schedule times for quitting time.

EDIT~~ So they should start at any time now, it's 1:57 Central time, 2:57 Mountain time right now.

No, the fact there are 100 questions are a good thing. They are trying to understand her defense and it doesn't make any sense.

If my numbers are right then:

There are 18 jurors who just listened to 15 days of Jodimony.

If there were at least one question per juror each day then there would be minimum 270 questions. So, 100 questions really isn't that much seeing I myself had about 20 unanswered/unclear questions every day!

I'm stupidly excited about this .. I cannot wait to read the overall tone and attitude of the questions .. Loving that they've asked her about the boob job, I'm assuming they've asked how she has paid for Nurmi. We are going to be able to get a pretty good read from this and Jodi does not look happy which is a great sign.

Except the boob job one was thrown out as far as I know sadly.

I have to keep in mind, he was sitting down, she was directing him in a fake photo shoot, and she killed him.

He never chased her, he never got up

I agree it was premeditated no doubt but not because she took the gun out of a holster-
Shooting someone unarmed then using a knife is
Like you say the time it took to get either the gun or knife to use as a second weapon is premeditated but not the act of taking the gun out of the holster

For me some of the most compelling evidence against self defense are the wounds to the back. You are not in danger if you've already disabled your "assailant" sufficiently that you can manage nine stab wounds to his back.

Katie is definitely not a graduate of the Jodi Arias School of Over-Preparedness. You should always have at least two of anything on your person at one time!:floorlaugh:

Especially Tootsie Pops!!!:great:

I so wish one of the questions from the jury was, "When you had a chance to stab Travis in the back, why didn't you just leave instead?"

That would have been my question had I been on that jury.

She would answer she doesn't know, doesn't remember whatever. This stabbing issue is a big source of confusion for her it appears.

Kelly

Today, 08:11 AM
ToothPickle Sticks

Gonna ask this for the 3rd time this morning!!

Did the ME say JA was stabbed first? If so, wth does all the gun testimony matter????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jodi wants the jury to believe she shot Travis first for these reasons:

1. If she shot first and he didn't die, then it helps explain why she had to repeatedly stab him. Because, in theory, he was still threatening her life and just wouldn't stop. So since the gun wound didn't stop him, she had a "right or need" to get the knife, to try a different tactic to self-protect.

2. Conversely, if she stabbed him first and he died from the knife, what was the point of adding a gun shot? This would double-over-kill. It looks extra cruel to shoot a man you already stabbed to near-death. Therefore, she doesn't want the jury to think she shot him LAST (i.e., for nothing). If the jury believes she caused unusual cruelty, pain and suffering, the law says her sentencing will be MUCH tougher.

In some states / cases, self-defense laws say you're only allowed to use equal force to stop an attack. Doesn't sound like Travis had a gun or knife on Jodi, so right there she's in trouble re: self-defense.

What's more, it appears that she double-killed him, out of spite. So her best bet is to say she shot him -- but that didn't stop him. So she had to switch gears to the knife to self-defend (and lost her mind going over-board out of terror that he'd still get up again and get her).

If my numbers are right then:

There are 18 jurors who just listened to 15 days of Jodimony.

If there were at least one question per juror each day then there would be minimum 270 questions. So, 100 questions really isn't that much seeing I myself had about 20 unanswered/unclear questions every day!

You forgot to calculate pie in there. everyone likes pie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SleuthyMcSnoop