100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 16th day on the stand #73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard a few lawyers in other cases on tv say that the time it takes you to grab a weapon and go back into another room to use it is premeditated if the victim does not have a weapon themselves. Premeditation does not have to take hours or days or weeks of planning. It can take seconds to premeditate a murder. Again, this is my understanding of what I've heard in other cases where premeditation was prominent. Oh and Nancy Grace says something similar almost daily.

I agree it was premeditated no doubt but not because she took the gun out of a holster-
Shooting someone unarmed then using a knife is
Like you say the time it took to get either the gun or knife to use as a second weapon is premeditated but not the act of taking the gun out of the holster

Vinnie Politan ‏@VinniePolitan
#JuryQuestions for #JodiArias hear them all on @HLNTV @HLNMakingIt 3pm eastern... This should be extremely revealing!

I have been at school all day, did I miss the Jury questions?!

Nope ... they are starting in appx. 10 minutes ...

:waitasec: more like 15-20-25-30 minutes because this court has NEVER been on time ...

:seeya:

I hope not. But it takes one. Just one to set this maniac free. I was thinking about it last night watching the coverage. What she did was brutal and ugly. She stabbed him and slit his throat not because He was a threat but because she wanted him dead.
She is dangerous and should never see the light of day again.

But I do worry about that one crazy person who can not see truth.

But that isnt an aquittal. One juror cant set her free.

There will be no hung jury in this case, imo.

Sorry Hopeful, I wasn't very clear. I meant the tape Dr Drew showed on his show of the sweet living, breathing Travis.

Oh duh!! I should have known that. I referred to him as DD in an earlier post. :blushing:

March 6, 2013

Jury questions for Jodi Arias

Lots of empty seats in the gallery

Both sides stating their objections, questions are not read but referred to by number. We'll hear the questions later.

#60, Nurmi objects, sustained
#75, Nurmi objects, sustained, not an applicable question
#90, Nurmi objects, sustained
No further objections
Nurmi, #50, as to the relevance, Martinez believes the question to be relevant, has to do with financial issues and a surgical procedure. sustained on relevance
Nurmi #55, sounds like there is two parts, re: part 2...Nurmi asks to approach. Sidebar. Overruled. Court will ask both questions.
Nurmi #61, foundation, question isn't specific enough. Overruled. Judge: You can inquire about more foundation when you do followup. It's clear to me that the reference is to the 2008 trip. Approach. Sidebar. Overruled.
Nurmi #89, <my feed stalled, didn't catch Nurmi's comments> Martinez, feels it is appropriate given the evidence that was introduced. Sustained for relevance.
Nurmi #62, answer delves into attorney/client priveledged information, approach. Sidebar.
Nurmi #69, four questions, approach, sidebar. Fourth question, overruled.
Nurmi #97, sidebar, objection is overruled.
Nurmi #74, objectional part is part 2 of the question. Long sidebar. Overruled. Lawyers remain at the bench...more discussion.
Lawyers remain at the bench and the only audio is when the judge decides if the question will be heard or not.
Nurmi #111, overruled
Nurmi #109, second question, sustained
Missed what the question number was as the audio was cutting in and out as they remained at a sidebar.
Nurmi #62...judge will meet with counsel.
Done.
Judge says she will meet with defence counsel in chambers.

thank you! sooooo much for your fine work transcribing for us. you are greatly appriecated :great:

I keep wondering how it is that Ms. Arias can claim self defense because Travis is chasing her, but yet she points a gun at him and he apparently has no right to defend himself against a crazy woman with a gun. Curious to me.

I also think it's "interesting" how she seems perturbed that he's screaming and cursing at her after she "allegedly" shot him in the face.
I don't believe a word out of her mouth and her story is completely fabricated, not to mention if she shot him like she claims he would have been incapacitated but I'm pretty sure if someone is shot through their head they have every right to yell and cuss at their shooter that they're going to kill you!!! She's acting like it's an abusive and degrading reaction to being shot in the face.
Oh well, her story telling skills are what will hang her.

But that isnt an aquittal. One juror cant set her free.

There will be no hung jury in this case, imo.

I hope not. I really do. But it can take one juror to hang the jury. And then we do this all over again.. Ugh

I keep wondering how it is that Ms. Arias can claim self defense because Travis is chasing her, but yet she points a gun at him and he apparently has no right to defend himself against a crazy woman with a gun. Curious to me.

The jury instructions will also probably say that verbal threats are not enough for the person to reasonably believe they are going to die. So did Jodi reasonably believe she was going to die? I mean he body slams her and then lets her slink away and SHE is the one who runs for the gun.

By the same token, I think I would be forced to throw out much of her testimony given that she has lied and lied on the stand. She is an in-credible witness.

I hope not. But it takes one. Just one to set this maniac free. I was thinking about it last night watching the coverage. What she did was brutal and ugly. She stabbed him and slit his throat not because He was a threat but because she wanted him dead.
She is dangerous and should never see the light of day again.

But I do worry about that one crazy person who can not see truth.

But that one could just as easily be a survivor of domestic violence or sexual abuse. They would soon set everyone else straight on the real issues here.

I know it is hard to keep up with the pace of this thread but reading more posting less if you have questions helps to keep the answers easy to find.....questions have been answered over and over and over again.

We're going to open #74 soon. So be ready to go to new thread in 10 minutes.

fran
:seeya:

I'm still so jaded by the Pinellas 12 I can't stop worrying about this jury. The questions will be telling. IMO

I also think it's "interesting" how she seems perturbed that he's screaming and cursing at her after she "allegedly" shot him in the face.
I don't believe a word out of her mouth and her story is completely fabricated, not to mention if she shot him like she claims he would have been incapacitated but I'm pretty sure if someone is shot through their head they have every right to yell and cuss at their shooter that they're going to kill you!!! She's acting like it's an abusive and degrading reaction to being shot in the face.
Oh well, her story telling skills are what will hang her.

Again, if he's not screaming / cursing coming after her, its no longer self defense. Gives her a reason to go for a knife and enter the land of the fog.

I'm stupidly excited about this .. I cannot wait to read the overall tone and attitude of the questions .. Loving that they've asked her about the boob job, I'm assuming they've asked how she has paid for Nurmi. We are going to be able to get a pretty good read from this and Jodi does not look happy which is a great sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darla4