100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 17th day on the stand #78

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's obvious the jurors will have jsut about had it with JA after this. This may have been harmful in the respect that they will be less hesitant to condemn her since her lies/plans/premeditation has been thoroughly,repeatedly,convincingly and emphatically shown.

I think Matt's testimony could incriminate himself with obstruction or witness tampering or something along those lines.

I'm pretty familiar with the circumstances in which a person can and cannot plead the 5th ;)

:rocker: Ohh I figured you were but wasn't sure if any others were familiar since so many questions of Why concerning the Gus situation..
I am secretly wishing Matt knows something more whether incriminating or not :laugh::jail:
Thanks, much enjoy your insights!

I wonder if Nurmi is having a little chat with the Goddess tonight?

I think the jury would understand why he did it. They probably wish they had something to throw.

Maybe they should all be equipped with a Toblerone next Wednesday when they come to Court :floorlaugh:.

I wonder if Nurmi is having a little chat with the Goddess tonight?

I wondered about the hours. Here in Calif. You can be over at the Jail til 10pm if you want talking to your client (investigator or attorney)

In AZ, i thought one of the newscasters said they can't really talk to her except weekends and maybe an hour before court, they said they can't talk to her afterwards.

I wonder if an AZ Attorney can verify?

I agree in that I think JA will claim (if asked) that she bought $20 worth of junk food or IDK knock off cinnabons or something.. BUT I do find the math to be quite damning that the amount spent vs the price of gas that night would have been 5.09 gallons.. .09 gallons = 1.44 cups... Not very much extra, IMO! I honestly have no experience with gas cans, so I don't personally know much about extra wiggle room in filling.
Per some tractor website talking about 5 gallon gas cans, you can fit extra in them and one person reference leaving them out in the sun/warming them up makes them bow out to fit more. I am sure with the heat of Arizona in June, the car could have gotten hot enough to make the cans bow out? IDK, just some ideas. Another person mentioned that any slight misreadings at the pump when filling up could be due to calibration issues on the pump. Just things to think about!
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/oil-fuel-lubricants/242363-five-gallon-can-huh-2.html
:waitasec:

If she had done so, she would have said so. She didn't buy food.

my mom asked me if anyone thought it was strange jodi said the desert was so hot, yet she carried gas cans in a hot car that could explode. since i live in fl i had to admit we have had gas cans in our van in case of emergency and its very hot at times. same as i leave a gas can outside by lawn mower in heat.. yes i guess i never considered it being too hot, mom watched trial and cnn and nancy grace and shes out state from me. shes an expert on the cases . i like talking of the cases to her on phone, i call and say can you believe what she just said? then we talk about cases - mom has no computer or she would be here too-lol.

I live in the Mid-West and have been lectured by my father (I'm middle-aged now, lol) and B-I-L not to leave lawn mower gas cans in the shed or in the car too long. Didn't Jodi's clothes reek of gas if stored in the trunk along with the cans? If the rental car place charged extra for cigarette smoke smell, how about the car stinking of gas fumes and blood?

As someone else points out, there is likely more than one cause (or combination of causes) that can create this situation. For the families I work with, it comes from what we call "complex trauma" - a mix of attachment disorder, often mental illness, possible fetal alcohol, environment, etc. So few kids have just one event going on. I personally refer to it as the trauma tornado. And, I agree with you, there are some children who seem to be more aggressive even though we can't point to anything that happened. Sometimes they have problems with impulse control, empathy, emotional regulation, etc. There is no doubt that two kids can experience the same events and it impacts one different than another. So, there are alot of factors.

One of the things that is hard for the families I work with is that the significant damage was often done early on, before they were involved. These early trauma experiences can literally alter or stunt brain development. So, we are not just trying to change emotions, but turn around brain chemistry. It is like learning to walk. We don't remember doing it but it would be very difficult for us to "forget." With my kids and families, we are trying to get the child to unwalk, or unlearn these early survival traits they learned that are now counterproductive.

I think a big issue that is often unseen on the outside is fetal alcohol. Bruce Perry spoke at a conference I attended and talked about a 4th grade boy who murdered his teacher. When they did a brain scan, they found that, due to fetal alcohol, the area of his brain which controlled impulsive thoughts was significantly damaged, if not, nonexistent. So, we all occasionally have thoughts like, "I am so mad, I could kill so and so." Of course, our impulse control center stops us from acting on these random thoughts. In this kid, fetal alcohol had wiped out his center for impulse control. With that knowledge, it is a wonder he made it to 4th grade.

Not at all saying that's what JA has. Just saying you are right to note that there can be many, many factors which contribute to the trauma tornado that leaves a person without conscience and without empathy and these people, if left untreated, can be very, very dangerous.

Thank you so much for this. It makes a lot of sense. I wish all kids could have a fun, innocent, HAPPY childhood, but sadly......that doesn't always happen.

People are required to have a license to own a PET, yet any old schlepp can have a baby. I remember a woman, back when I was 19 (and sneaking into a local bar with a fake ID), who was about 7 or 8mos pregnant, drinking her Budweisers at the bar, and I heard she would go outside and do "coke" with people too (I guess she was selling it). When her son was born I asked the father flat out, "Is he okay?" He said he was, but I thought to myself, "Yeah, come back to me when he's 5 and let me know."

He could have been that little boy you talked about. People are SO irresponsible!

I'm not convinced. She may not be the most clever criminal ever, but I find it difficult to believe she would lie about something so easily disproven with documentary evidence. She knew they had her bank records.

I'm not ruling it out either. I hope Juan has some follow up to make this point crystal clear.

c'mon minor4th, think about it. She's no stranger to lying about stuff that's easily disproven. Gauging what is provable is not her talent.

Hi I must have missed this part. What was the secret gun? Do you mean his gun was supposed to be a secret between them? Thx

yes, Nurmi said "did travis tell you the gun was a secret and nobody is to know he has it?"

she said "yes"

OMG bologna...

I wonder if sticky substance got in the hard drive and corrupted it

Wouldn't she have had to smash it to pieces and scratch up the hard disc to actually make it unreadable?

As long as it has nothing to do with sex in any way shape or form (:please:), I would like an explanation for that. They never did say how it was damaged.

Brought this over from the last thread
Is this true????

Quote:
Originally Posted by forb8182
Where did she get all this money to deposit in her acct? I remember a long while ago that HLN-Beth said she could have stolen money from Travis' house after the murder but no proof and we will never know. OMG! My heart is beating so fast over JM..This was awesome! What are we going to do until Wednesday?
Thats right. Something about an $800.00 discrepancy in his accounts. Beth Karas talked about that.
COULD SHE WAS STOLEN MONEY FROM TRAVIS SHE DID HAVE HIS. PIN NUMBER

pants_on_fire.jpg

No mas pantalones!

As someone else points out, there is likely more than one cause (or combination of causes) that can create this situation. For the families I work with, it comes from what we call "complex trauma" - a mix of attachment disorder, often mental illness, possible fetal alcohol, environment, etc. So few kids have just one event going on. I personally refer to it as the trauma tornado. And, I agree with you, there are some children who seem to be more aggressive even though we can't point to anything that happened. Sometimes they have problems with impulse control, empathy, emotional regulation, etc. There is no doubt that two kids can experience the same events and it impacts one different than another. So, there are alot of factors.

One of the things that is hard for the families I work with is that the significant damage was often done early on, before they were involved. These early trauma experiences can literally alter or stunt brain development. So, we are not just trying to change emotions, but turn around brain chemistry. It is like learning to walk. We don't remember doing it but it would be very difficult for us to "forget." With my kids and families, we are trying to get the child to unwalk, or unlearn these early survival traits they learned that are now counterproductive.

I think a big issue that is often unseen on the outside is fetal alcohol. Bruce Perry spoke at a conference I attended and talked about a 4th grade boy who murdered his teacher. When they did a brain scan, they found that, due to fetal alcohol, the area of his brain which controlled impulsive thoughts was significantly damaged, if not, nonexistent. So, we all occasionally have thoughts like, "I am so mad, I could kill so and so." Of course, our impulse control center stops us from acting on these random thoughts. In this kid, fetal alcohol had wiped out his center for impulse control. With that knowledge, it is a wonder he made it to 4th grade.

Not at all saying that's what JA has. Just saying you are right to note that there can be many, many factors which contribute to the trauma tornado that leaves a person without conscience and without empathy and these people, if left untreated, can be very, very dangerous.
Here is another way for people to understand RAD. One study in Nazi Germany showed that when an infant was raised in complete darkness that this infant would be permanently blind. Light is necessary in the early growth stages of an infant's brain to stimulate the photoreceptors (rods and cones). Without functioning photoreceptors, blindness ensues and is permanent.

RAD is like the above experiment. Without someone with whom to bond in early infancy, a child's brain becomes unable to attach/bond to another person. Many times, this is permanent regardless of intensive bonding therapy.

Besides neglect and abuse, untreated pain in infancy is also thought to cause RAD. Infants can't discern the source or reason for their reflux, colic, cancer treatment, surgery incisions, and etc.... They cannot attach/bond to another when suffering with pain. If their brains are unable to attach in infancy, they won't be able to attach/care for/love/feel empathy to others later in life without MASSIVE amounts of therapy. In many cases of RAD, therapy only lessons the "symptoms" and the individual will never recover and bond with others.

Pensfan
verified psychiatric mental health nurse
mom to an orphanage adopted child who does NOT have RAD due to attachment/bonding therapy and many prayers

Although that might mean kero. she admits it was a red 5 gallon gas can?

Yeah, she didn't dispute that it was a gas can when JM called it a gas can. No colors were mentioned but looking at images of kero cans, the poster who said they are blue is correct. I couldn't find any kero cans currently on Walmart's website and only a few gas cans.

Here is another way for people to understand RAD. One study in Nazi Germany showed that when an infant was raised in complete darkness that this infant would be permanently blind. Light is necessary in the early growth stages of an infant's brain to stimulate the photoreceptors (rods and cones). Without functioning photoreceptors, blindness ensues and is permanent.

RAD is like the above experiment. Without someone with whom to bond in early infancy, a child's brain becomes unable to attach/bond to another person. Many times, this is permanent regardless of intensive bonding therapy.

Besides neglect and abuse, untreated pain in infancy is also thought to cause RAD. Infants can't discern the source or reason for their reflux, colic, cancer treatment, surgery incisions, and etc.... They cannot attach/bond to another when suffering with pain. If their brains are unable to attach in infancy, they won't be able to attach/care for/love/feel empathy to others later in life without MASSIVE amounts of therapy. In many cases of RAD, therapy only lessons the "symptoms" and the individual will never recover and bond with others.

Pensfan
verified psychiatric mental health nurse
mom to an adopted child from an orphanage who does NOT have RAD due to attachment/bonding therapy and many prayers

I appreciate the way you explained it!! I can tell you have experience in this area. Permission to borrow, please! I'd love to share this with my families as a way to explain to their friends and families. Thank you for posting this!

Ok, everyone humor me and look for this... My all time new favorite trial moment. Mr Martinez says to her "you have two accounts at Washington Mutual?" OK go to that point on YouTube once up and go back about 5 seconds. Then watch.

Keep your eye on Ms Willmott and don't take your eye off her... please!

Awe wished you had a link
Believe it or not I'm suffering with a bad migraine
Ughhhhh
Today's been a very intense day! Jaunt did in five minutes what it took nurmi 5 longggggggg slow hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flimflam