100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 17th day on the stand #78

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that is what Nurmi said, really lead her on that. Disgusting and their lies are getting so desperate.

Brought this over from the last thread
Is this true????

Quote:
Originally Posted by forb8182
Where did she get all this money to deposit in her acct? I remember a long while ago that HLN-Beth said she could have stolen money from Travis' house after the murder but no proof and we will never know. OMG! My heart is beating so fast over JM..This was awesome! What are we going to do until Wednesday?
Thats right. Something about an $800.00 discrepancy in his accounts. Beth Karas talked about that.
COULD SHE WAS STOLEN MONEY FROM TRAVIS SHE DID HAVE HIS. PIN NUMBER
GRACE: Question, Taylor. Were you in close contact with Travis when he found out, for instance, that his bank account and his Facebook had been hacked into? His bank account was hacked into by Jodi Arias. I think that`s out there. That`s not even -- they haven`t even contended that that`s not true, contested it in court. I mean, that`s pretty damning.

SEARLE: Well, Travis is --

GRACE: I don`t know that I would even let her --

(CROSSTALK)

SEARLE: Well, Travis has -- he had open arms to everyone. Everyone was his friend. And he never assumed that someone would try to take advantage of him. And when he had found that she had stolen journals, slashed tires, broken into Facebook, bank accounts, all that, it was just like him to try to give more chances to be a good friend to him or to forgive and forget or -- and it just seems that she was the wrong person to be that way with.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1301/07/ng.01.html

I look forward to the jury's questions almost or as much as JM's questions. Bring 'em on!!

I want to take Travis' sister home and feed her a lot of fattening perogies. Anyone can visibly see her wasting away during the trial. She's losing more weight. Poor child. :(

Actually, KCL has said she is very healthy and has a terrific figure in person. Her face may seem slim on camera, but Katie has assured us Tanisha is quite healthy.

I wondered about the hours. Here in Calif. You can be over at the Jail til 10pm if you want talking to your client (investigator or attorney)

In AZ, i thought one of the newscasters said they can't really talk to her except weekends and maybe an hour before court, they said they can't talk to her afterwards.

I wonder if an AZ Attorney can verify?

I'm honestly, not a lawyer. ha ha ha...I had to say it. I'm not a chemist either...

I think she has to go when the prison/jail bus/car/van is going that direction. I really think in Maricopa it would be a bus load at one time for court. Whoever has court first, too bad those with 10:30 appointments. Sounds like they have enough time to talk to a lawyer who is there if they want to before or after court also. Just guessing.

Reviewing today's testimony...of course I am only interested in starting with JM. Every time I hear the words "He spun me around," "anal sex," "the sex," "Spidey" or "Spiderman" and "Mr. Nurmi, you may continue" my eye starts twitching.

The restaurant would not allow her to handle food or pour drinks with a wound that hasn't stopped bleeding, period! JA testified she cut it on a glass, or metal on a glass, not handling food. Since it's JA, a known LIAR, is stating this years later, the health department wouldn't be interested. To be very clear, the management would have filled out an injury report if she did get hurt at work. It's the law. They had 4-5 restaurants, maybe even 13 at the time, there is no way this is a small business.

Hope that helps. The restaurant doesn't need any more bad PR. :seeya:

----------
Food handlers are supposed to wear gloves at all times. Plastic or vinyl, rubber, etc. :seeya:

I have a feeling Jodi mentioned returning the gas can for no other reason than to show a nonchalance toward that day. She just wanted to run her mouth and try to deflect attention away from the whole gas-can issue.

I bet she is wishing she didn't add that petty lying detail now but......everyone will now see (if it's been missed earlier) exactly who Jodi is. She is a person who is so arrogant, snobby, self absorbed, self important, pretentious, conceited and insecure that it's lethal!!!!

Oh you just made me think that
Is it possible that matt can verify that she dyed her hair at that strip mall she mentioned in salinas! Oh my i think jm is gonna have many smoking guns! But now I'm wondering about matt! Verifying alot

I do not think anyone is going to call Matt to testify because he is going to plead the 5th, and also because he has put it in writing that he would lie for Jodi.

However, I think this is why Juan keeps hammering on the point that Matt is so loyal to Jodi and he's an ally and would never betray her -- I think Juan is pre-emptively trying to paint Matt as an unreliable witness because he's on the defense witness list.

I'm sure I read that the defence was not going to call him. And now that big mouth JA has told JM that MM has unregistered guns at his house he may view her as less then his friend.

Regarding the transaction on the bank statement for Tire Store---didn't she say something about not making it to the funeral because of tire trouble? Does anyone else remember this?

Good night everyone! Just wanted to say thanks to all those who have private messaged me and shared their stories. They are all so familiar (because we all have experienced such similar things) and I thank you for sharing. I hope I have replied to all the messages. I am knew to this so if I missed one, please send again!

What is your reasoning?

It would be risky to call him because he will probably not be a cooperative witness because he's an "ally" of Jodi and her friend. If he's essentially threatened with prosecution if he doesn't testify for the state, that would make his testimony suspicious if he gives any testimony favorable to the state.

He is also pretty impeachable just because he has said that he would lie under oath.

I just don't think the State needs him for anything related to the murder and proving their case, not enough that it would be worth the risk. Of course I don't know what he knows or what kind of testimony he could provide, so I could be wrong.

I'm not convinced. She may not be the most clever criminal ever, but I find it difficult to believe she would lie about something so easily disproven with documentary evidence. She knew they had her bank records.

I'm not ruling it out either. I hope Juan has some follow up to make this point crystal clear.

Maybe you don't know much about psychopaths. They tend to lie just for the sake of lying. It's a documented behaviour. People get caught up in their false veracity because they think a psychopath's actions and thinking are like ours. They're not. There is no logic or reason to what they do.

She got you there. You want Juan to prove something that he has already proven because she has the cojones to continue to lie in the face of facts. That's what psychopaths do.

I think someone asked about the date of TAs memorial service in Mesa, It was June 26th 2008 and Jodi did attend.

Regarding the transaction on the bank statement for Tire Store---didn't she say something about not making it to the funeral because of tire trouble? Does anyone else remember this?

Oh, she did. You're right.

Dang not even 10 seconds into JM's re-cross (or whatever it is called) Nurmi objects and says "Objection, argumentative, judge." Uhh...Nurmi it is YOUR HONOR. That just chaps my hide how disrespectful and casual he is in a courtroom.

BOMBSHELL TONITE!

I about fell out of my seat when Nurmi solicited the answer from JA that included her saying the Travis had told her he was getting signs from God that Mimi Hall was supposed to be his wife. There, IMO, is the motive! Not just that he was taking Mimi to Cancun, but that he was going to finally, truly move on...
My question is, did that seem to be a big moment in the courtroom? Was it just me?

Thank you, as always, for your observations!

Oh, and PASA, if you got in, please feel free to answer as well. Thank you both!
(Posted by My3Sons)
--------------

This was on the court observers thread. I didn't hear the part about Travis saying he was called by God to marry Mimi. Anyone know what exactly was said?

Oh, I agree. He wanted to be with Mimi (albeit she said on the stand she wasn't that into him). It truly outraged Jodi (IMHO) and was cause for motive to kill/slaughter him in the worst way.

From what I saw of Mimi, she seems like a lovely woman.

MOO

Mel

All she had was single-word answers, for once:

-- Yes. Yes. swallow. Yes. blink. Yes. Yes. swallow. Yes. Yes. blink. Yes. swallow. Yes.

One of my favorite moments
Martinez asking her if she remembered telling the jury etc etc! Busted

Brought this over from the last thread
Is this true????

Quote:
Originally Posted by forb8182
Where did she get all this money to deposit in her acct? I remember a long while ago that HLN-Beth said she could have stolen money from Travis' house after the murder but no proof and we will never know. OMG! My heart is beating so fast over JM..This was awesome! What are we going to do until Wednesday?
Thats right. Something about an $800.00 discrepancy in his accounts. Beth Karas talked about that.
COULD SHE WAS STOLEN MONEY FROM TRAVIS SHE DID HAVE HIS. PIN NUMBER

I am not sure but would not doubt it. I mentioned before that I really think the car debt she owed played a huge part in her motive. She did not want to have to keep paying on that car that was no longer running.

Once Travis made it clear he was breaking up then she felt like she should not have to keep paying on that stinkin car. Even though it was her fault she ruined it, the car was a real problem for her financially.

Any small amount of money she could make she surely did not want to have to send Travis some of her money. Especially on a car that she could not drive.

I think the money debt played a large part in her motive. Get rid of Travis and get rid of the debt. On top of that she gets to get rid of a guy who no longer wants her.

She brought up the debt during the trial and I watched her reaction as she talked about the debt. It was obvious to me that the debt was a huge sore spot for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meganreinert