1100 presser 11/11/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE rarely names suspects or POI's anymore. However, what is telling to me is LE's focus on the parents and the fact that they have followed 959+ leads and none have taken them elsewhere. And I cannot forget the cadaver dog hit. I think they have a suspect and have all along.

IMO

People can listen and decide for themselves what they hear. To me he admitted, which really should not surprise anyone, that yes LE is looking at them as suspects.

So in other words LE is bold face lying to the media when they say they have no suspects?

Ok.

Attorney: Baby Lisa’s Parents Are Now Suspects in Her Disappearance

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/11/1...arents-are-now-supsects-in-her-disappearance/

The most notable remark in Friday’s presser by lawyer John Piscerno came when he responded to a reporter who asked him if his clients were considered suspects by police. Piscerno answered, saying, “They’ve told them as much, sure … Debby in particular.”

presser video also at link............

BBM: Thank You for this link.

MOO ... IMO, DB and JI have been "suspects" since the onset of the parents' "claim" that Baby Lisa was taken by an "intruder" ...

IMO ... there was "something" that sent "red flags" immediately to LE who first responded at the home that DB and JI were NOT telling the truth :waitasec: And what that "something" is I wish I knew !

IMO ... DB and JI have "always" come across as though they are "hiding something" ... IF they were NOT hiding anything, than they would be "camped out" on LE's doorstep !

IMO ... LE seems to be "hesitant" to actually NAME a person as a "suspect" for fear of a lawsuit ...

MOO ...

What else is LE lying about to the media?

LE is not the bad guy here, really. They wouldn't have to say/not say anything if the perps would just tell the truth but we know they don't. Let's keep the blame where it lies. Not with the good guys.

Not only that, but the warrants would be fast and furious if they were focusing on the parents as suspects.

You followed the Cooper case teh, tell me, how obvious was it that the investigation was focused on Brad Cooper before they named him a suspect? Not the same police force but there are clues when LE is turning attention on someone, even if they don't say as much to the media. I haven't seen that happen here.

LE is not the bad guy here, really. They wouldn't have to say/not say anything if the perps would just tell the truth but we know they don't. Let's keep the blame where it lies. Not with the good guys.

What if LE comes out with a statement today that says again, there are no suspects? Do we not just buy that anymore?

Different LE handle things differently......sometimes it's obvious, sometimes it's not. I don't have a problem saying I think LE is messing up in a case if I think they are. I've said some wonderful things about Putnam County LE... :floorlaugh: But honestly. I just don't see LE doing anything wrong here.

Thank you. I have seen a lot of trashing of the LE in a lot of threads on this forum. We don't even know what they know, and I'm not taking the parents' or their attorneys word as golden for what LE is doing and saying. LE is keeping this investigation close to the chest and until we know what they know, we should stop passing such harsh judgment on them. We can't judge this case by any other case either. I haven't heard of a bad track record with this particular LE, and so far, they seem to be doing a good job here, unless we believe every single thing coming out of the DB, JI, or their attorney's mouths.

Feel sympathy for the parents, but that doesn't mean that LE are evil and out to get them either. There has to be a reason that LE can't clear these parents. And from what I've seen, these parents haven't exactly cleared themselves either, just the opposite. I really get tired of LE getting the short end of the stick in this case. They have not done anything egregiously wrong that we know of for a FACT.

What if LE comes out with a statement today that says again, there are no suspects? Do we not just buy that anymore?

The rules get changed when LE publicly names a suspect........we know how this works.

ITA. LE usually doesn't even want to name anyone as suspects unless they are sure of something or have good reason to. I've followed several cases, including Kyron's, where the police are carefully NOT to name anyone, even the obvious people, as suspects. Grant it, LE did not name them publicly here, but if what Picerno is saying is true, then they at least told the parents they were suspects, and now everyone knows it thanks to Picerno.

Of course, there could be a statement from LE later that they aren't suspects. I wouldn't be surprised.

I truly hope so. I really REALLY don't want these parents to be guilty of harming their baby. I mean - I don't want anyone to have done it, but I hate to think that these parents, who seemed to be good parents, who seemed to love and care for their children, could be evil. And evil it would be.

I hope that this new lawyer just mis-spoke or expected that the reporters would know what he "meant" or something, and that the family are not officially suspects. If so, I imagine that JT will be looking for prestigious local lawyer 3 real soon.

Did anyone just hear what MK was saying on FoxNews?I only caught part of it,phone call to MW was at 11 something,at one point someone tried to get into DB's voicemail and at 3:17am into internet thru the phone.Not sure if the voicemail or internet was successful,but why would someone try to get into DB's voicemail?

Maybe look at the link right above..........I don't think I was wrong.

One can be a de facto suspect because the police are investigating. One does not become a suspect until there is probable cause for arrest. The Supreme Court has reversed many de facto arrest cases where police conduct an involuntary transport to a police station for interrogation where there is no warrant, arrest or probable cause. The information obtained was thrown out by the courts.
Picerno should have been more artful in his choice of words. Reporters don't understand this stuff.

No, I missed the new phone info......but here's what I think is going on. The wheels are coming off the bus. Damage control is being attempted, and hey, that's why those guys get paid the big bucks! I think we are fixing to see a lot of movement........I hope so anyway.

I truly hope so. I really REALLY don't want these parents to be guilty of harming their baby. I mean - I don't want anyone to have done it, but I hate to think that these parents, who seemed to be good parents, who seemed to love and care for their children, could be evil. And evil it would be.

I hope that this new lawyer just mis-spoke or expected that the reporters would know what he "meant" or something, and that the family are not officially suspects. If so, I imagine that JT will be looking for prestigious local lawyer 3 real soon.

I agree with you. I find myself not wanting to believe it either. I truly hope that they are innocent. It's just not looking very good for them. It's not good that their lawyers keep making missteps either. They should all stay out of the media and let LE do their job.

One can be a de facto suspect because the police are investigating. One does not become a suspect until there is probable cause for arrest. The Supreme Court has reversed many de facto arrest cases where conduct an involuntary transport to a police station for interrogation where there is no warrant, arrest or probable cause. The information obtained was thrown out by the courts.

The lawyer never used the words "de facto".

No, I missed the new phone info......but here's what I think is going on. The wheels are coming off the bus. Damage control is being attempted, and hey, that's why those guys get paid the big bucks! I think we are fixing to see a lot of movement........I hope so anyway.

It will come out soon in the media,sorry I only caught part of it,never expected the new info.

They are going to get criticized no matter what they do. They can waltz into the station today and do 10 more hours of interviews and people will find some other fault.

When you think someone is guilty, you will always find a way to mold an event, even it's a good thing, into a negative.

And the opposite is also often true if you believe someone to be innocent. My point remains that what we believe, think, state, or opine should not factor into the parents doing what is in the best interest of their children.

The circuitous argument I see is that it is reasonable for the parents to not be appealing because they will be castigated by the public so they don't and then they are criticized. Who really cares if they're criticized? What does it matter in the larger scheme if a large proportion of the population believe them complicit in their daughter's disappearance if their daughter is returned?

Did anyone just hear what MK was saying on FoxNews?I only caught part of it,phone call to MW was at 11 something,at one point someone tried to get into DB's voicemail and at 3:17am into internet thru the phone.Not sure if the voicemail or internet was successful,but why would someone try to get into DB's voicemail?

To delete vm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members