1100 presser 11/11/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
pppffftttttttttttttttt. Well at least he admitted they are suspects.

You might want to look up the meaning of "de facto". Because what you are saying is wrong - they are NOT suspects.

He said they were being treated by LE as " de facto suspects" that is not the same as LE declaring them suspects.

And even if LE does come out and call them suspects, we can always debate the meaning of the word "suspect". ;)

You might want to look up the meaning of "de facto". Because what you are saying is wrong - they are NOT suspects.

Maybe look at the link right above..........I don't think I was wrong.

Hey, don't shoot the messenger, it was THEIR ATTORNEY wot said it not me.......lol.

Attorney: Baby Lisa’s Parents Are Now Suspects in Her Disappearance

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/11/1...arents-are-now-supsects-in-her-disappearance/

The most notable remark in Friday’s presser by lawyer John Piscerno came when he responded to a reporter who asked him if his clients were considered suspects by police. Piscerno answered, saying, “They’ve told them as much, sure … Debby in particular.”

presser video also at link............

Sho' must be a pizzer when you have to admit that your own clients (Debby in particular) have been told they are suspects.:crazy:

lol, I would be getting another attorney, this one is just making it worse....... :floorlaugh:

:seeya: This is a friendly and randomly-placed message from your local Grammar and Etymology Police...

Let's wait 'til someone posts vid of the presser, at which point we can slice, dice and analyze the precise wording to our hearts' contents.

Meantime, we have tweets from the presser, and a Fox report, to go on.

And the fact that we all want Baby Lisa home and safe on her birthday.

:tyou:

I'm sitting here searching for a link to it so I can post it. It was during the presser. I'm sure I'm not the only one who heard it.

He said something about yes they were suspects, more so Debra, and the follow up was what had LE said about that, and his answer was "Just that."

Someone else posted that they were "de facto" suspects. Either way - they are NOT suspects until LE identifies them as such. Suspect has a specific meaning in legal-ese.

:seeya: This is a friendly and randomly-placed message from your local Grammar and Etymology Police...

Let's wait 'til someone posts vid of the presser, at which point we can slice, dice and analyze the precise wording to our hearts' contents.

Meantime, we have tweets from the presser, and a Fox report, to go on.

And the fact that we all want Baby Lisa home and safe on her birthday.

:tyou:

There is a video with my link, they show the attorney saying this "de facto" was NEVER used................

I'm talking about hauling them down there for 19 hours of "interrogation".

The fact is, SOMEONE answered that phone. Until I hear minimally, "It was probably me, but I was stoned and frankly I just don't remember it", I think that's still the best lead they have. The only lead, actually.

And meanwhile, they've PUBLICLY cleared the one person who is probably most likely to have made that phone call, a drifter, a common criminal.

Again, we don't know what was done or not done.

I don't think you or I is qualified to say what was done by LE or not. JMO. We simply don't know whether Jersey passed a poly and is caught on surveillance or ID'd by witnesses as being elsewhere during the entire time frame of the possible removal of Lisa from the home. We don't know if the roomies were "hauled" in for interrogation. We know the parents were voluntarily interrogated for some hours before refusing to be interrogated further. They are not being "hauled" in for more interrogation against their will, though many of us believe that the gaps and inconsistencies in Debbi's time line could afford LE their best leads if she were to aid LE in filling them in. We all have our opinions; LE has facts that we do not, which helps them determine how they pursue various leads.

I have no idea why you feel Jersey is most likely to have made the call on one of those phones, but doesn't matter. I respect your opinion. But, I do respectfully disagree that any one of us has more insight or more information about the leads and validity of leads uncovered in LE's investigation than LE themselves. JMO...

They did that in the beginning and got torn to pieces over it. They either didn't cry enough or too much by the same people. Nobody was happy when they did, so why would they go through that again?

Respectfully who cares what I think? What Nancy Grace says? What Mark Fuhrman believes?

They need to do what is in the best interest of their daughter. If there is an abductor I believe humanizing Lisa would most certainly be in her best interest. I don't really care if they cry, scream, rant and rave, or stare comatose into a camera - just appeal directly to the abductor, over and over, for as long as it takes. Make Lisa the focus - make certain the abductor is forced to realize that this is a loved and wanted child. KWIM?

JMHO

There's no getting around the fact that common LE practice is to look at the family first. Statistics indicate those closest to a victim are the most likely to have a reason to do something to their loved one. So, yes I would have to say they were treated as suspects, even if LE has never stated they are, in fact, suspects.

Well, if the parents are actual named suspects, that does put things in a different light. That's a shame. I was really hoping that they were not officially suspects.

That still doesn't mean that they are guilty - but it means that LE has more evidence on them than we thought. That's a shame - I would so much rather that a baby not be harmed by their parents.

There's no getting around the fact that common LE practice is to look at the family first. Statistics indicate those closest to a victim are the most likely to have a reason to do something to their loved one. So, yes I would have to say they were treated as suspects, even if LE has never stated they are, in fact, suspects.

Well, there are two meanings to the word "suspect". The first one is just what we think - the cops are suspicious of that person. And of course, in this case, the cops would look at family first.

The second meaning is a legal term. It means that the person has been put into a specific category of being looked at. Usually it won't be used until LE is pretty darned sure they did something. If their lawyer actually said that they are suspects, and didn't qualify it - chances are that it doesn't look good for the parents.

It doesn't knock me off the fence - only actual EVIDENCE will do that, but it definitely influences my thoughts. What a shame.

So if it's so stressful for the boys to have cameras in their lives, then why tape them trick or treating? I guess the deal with ABC is off now? No more random videos of the boys? I was half expecting something in front of the cameras from the family today. I'm glad I was wrong.

And Picerno even asked the media to respect the family's privacy. Hey Joe, how about keeping the family OUT of the media altogether? You have a press conference, you go to the media to talk to them, and then ask the media to respect their privacy?

Stuff like that drives me CRAZY about this case. :banghead::furious:

Attorney: Baby Lisa’s Parents Are Now Suspects in Her Disappearance

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/11/1...arents-are-now-supsects-in-her-disappearance/

The most notable remark in Friday’s presser by lawyer John Piscerno came when he responded to a reporter who asked him if his clients were considered suspects by police. Piscerno answered, saying, “They’ve told them as much, sure … Debby in particular.”

presser video also at link............

Teh, he's saying it like it's an accusation, like 'they are accusing my client of being a suspect', not stating it as a fact.

LE has stated there are no suspects as recent as a few days ago.

That's the hardest part of these cases, thinking the parent/parents are involved.......because it's just not supposed to be that way.

Teh, he's saying it like it's an accusation, like 'they are accusing my client of being a suspect', not stating it as a fact.

LE has stated there are no suspects as recent as a few days ago.

People can listen and decide for themselves what they hear. To me he admitted, which really should not surprise anyone, that yes LE is looking at them as suspects.

Respectfully who cares what I think? What Nancy Grace says? What Mark Fuhrman believes?

They need to do what is in the best interest of their daughter. If there is an abductor I believe humanizing Lisa would most certainly be in her best interest. I don't really care if they cry, scream, rant and rave, or stare comatose into a camera - just appeal directly to the abductor, over and over, for as long as it takes. Make Lisa the focus - make certain the abductor is forced to realize that this is a loved and wanted child. KWIM?

JMHO

They are going to get criticized no matter what they do. They can waltz into the station today and do 10 more hours of interviews and people will find some other fault.

When you think someone is guilty, you will always find a way to mold an event, even it's a good thing, into a negative.

Well, there are two meanings to the word "suspect". The first one is just what we think - the cops are suspicious of that person. And of course, in this case, the cops would look at family first.

The second meaning is a legal term. It means that the person has been put into a specific category of being looked at. Usually it won't be used until LE is pretty darned sure they did something. If their lawyer actually said that they are suspects, and didn't qualify it - chances are that it doesn't look good for the parents.

It doesn't knock me off the fence - only actual EVIDENCE will do that, but it definitely influences my thoughts. What a shame.

ITA. LE usually doesn't even want to name anyone as suspects unless they are sure of something or have good reason to. I've followed several cases, including Kyron's, where the police are carefully NOT to name anyone, even the obvious people, as suspects. Grant it, LE did not name them publicly here, but if what Picerno is saying is true, then they at least told the parents they were suspects, and now everyone knows it thanks to Picerno.

Of course, there could be a statement from LE later that they aren't suspects. I wouldn't be surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member