1100 presser 11/11/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Picerno: "We're not going to let our clients be subjected to interrogation techniques."

by Brian Foster - KMBC.com 11:09 AM

Picerno: Parents have been interviewed by police for a total of 30 hours

by Brian Foster - KMBC.com edited by Brian Foster - KMBC.com 11:09 AM

You know, because well, we dont want to find Lisa so we arent going to be interrogated anymore.. wah wah.. Seriously. Does anyone in that family care about this baby. IMO the ONLY reason those boys were interviewed last night was because word spread that DB and JI were very soon not going to have a choice in the matter. So now, lets have cake and make like nothing happened and go on with our day as usual.. Shall GMA be here to watch us blow out the candle..?? God they make me sick to my stomach.

Um. 19 and 11 add up to 30. He's talking about total hours interrogated, between both of them.

But I think 11 and 19 and 40 were supposed to be the total hours as well, between the both of them.

I think that's an agregiously long time, actually. At that point, there are no questions that have gone unanswered.

At that point, you're using "interrogation techniques" to confuse the muddle them, and get them to admit to guilt.

From where I sit that's not going to be helpful in finding that baby.

Now if they rounded up MW's roommates and interrogated them for a few hours, we might get somewhere.

I guess I see it differently and I'm not convinced of the parent's guilt. Lisa has been missing roughly 936 hours (give or take, I suck at math) and they've interviewed for 30? Seems minuscule to me. I'm not in their shoes, never been in their shoes, but I can't imagine not submitting to torture methods if it meant finding my child.

Maybe I just don't understand how things work, and I'd probably be arrested b/c I'd be begging, bribing, threatening the LE to find my baby.

BBM - Is that supposed to be a long time? I just don't see how 30 hours of interviews between 2 people is that much time over a period of almost 6 weeks.

Its no time at all. How many hours have LE put in for Lisa. And just like the timeline, the hours they were questioned get changed each time too.

Just the part when he was speaking...JMO.

I'm just trying to get this straight.

So you don't believe the boys have been reinterviewed, that they have PIs on the case, that LE doesn't want the lawyers involved, that the family would like privacy from the media?

But I think 11 and 19 and 40 were supposed to be the total hours as well, between the both of them.

No. Jeremy was 11 hours, as per his statements after LE called him uncooperative for asking for a break.

I am so over this sideshow. Where is the desperation of parents seeking their missing infant? I mean, the heartbroken, incoherent sense of desperation that would be beyond imagining for one who has not endured it? Just not seeing a single sign of that here. JMO

I for one have no problem with LE interrogating SUSPECTS, that's their job.

peeps... spread out to discuss on the relevant thread whether you think the parents are cooperating. everyone is entitled to their opinion... everyone is also entitled to believe the dt statements or not believe them. thank you.

I am so over this sideshow. Where is the depseration of parents seeking their missing infant? I mean, the heartbroken, incoherent sense of desperation that would be beyond imagining for one who has not endured it? Just not seeing a single sign of that here. JMO
They did that in the beginning and got torn to pieces over it. They either didn't cry enough or too much by the same people. Nobody was happy when they did, so why would they go through that again?

On the positive side(imo) from the presser :

On advice of attorney ...not questioning the boys about their interviews. Just take them out for fun food and play with some toys, etc. I personally advocate & applaud that approach and was relieved to hear thats how it was handled by the family/attorney.

Asking for media to be respectful of the family on this day of all days, while they gather together for Baby Lisa's 1st birthday.

Acknowledging that the tenor of LE's approach to the parents has been one of de facto suspects.

Making sure that they boys interviews be videotaped, the pre-interview/interview.

*those are just a few off the top of my head.

ETA: ...and letting the public know they do have investigators of their own working on finding Lisa or what happened to her.

I'm just trying to get this straight.

So you don't believe the boys have been re-interviewed, that they have PIs on the case, that LE doesn't want the lawyers involved, that the family would like privacy from the media?

The boys have been re-interviewed, we know that. PI's on the case, yeah probably BS, LE not wanting the lawyers involved is asinine, why would they even say something like that. I dont believe that for a second, of course the lawyers will be involved LE knows the drill. For anyone to come out and say LE doesnt want lawyers involved is just, well.. never mind.. and the family wanting privacy from the media, yeah I guess I can see that, unless its a family function and they invite GMA over to join them. They want privacy when its convenient for them, then they want the media there.

Just do the right thing DB and JI. At least JI. Stop letting DB be the boss of the house and go and get yourself a lawyer and tell what you know, this is your daughter too..

In the statement issued by Joe Tacopina and Cynthia Short’s law firms, the attorneys denied that the couple had anything to do with their daughter’s disappearance, and they alleged that police “have starved these parents by withholding information about the investigation.”

In response to claims by police that the parents are not cooperating fully, the statement provided a long list of things they have allowed authorities to do. These included:

* Signing consent forms to search their home, vehicles, shed and computer
* Agreeing to let their sons be taken for interviews
* Providing hair samples and buccal swabs
* Letting police collect “smell swabs” for use with search dogs
* Giving police access to Lisa’s medical records
* Consenting to police interviews on six dates, totaling approximately 40 hours of answering questions
http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/category/missing-persons/page/2/

I don't understand how they get six dates either, since we now hear that October 8th was the last time they were interviewed.
October 4th would be one date, October 5th another. That was the day they stopped cooperating. October 6th they weren't cooperating. Not sure about 7th but October 8th the last interview that makes three or four dates, not six.

The boys have been re-interviewed, we know that. PI's on the case, yeah probably BS, LE not wanting the lawyers involved is asinine, why would they even say something like that. I dont believe that for a second, of course the lawyers will be involved LE knows the drill. For anyone to come out and say LE doesnt want lawyers involved is just, well.. never mind.. and the family wanting privacy from the media, yeah I guess I can see that, unless its a family function and they invite GMA over to join them. They want privacy when its convenient for them, then they want the media there.

Just do the right thing DB and JI. At least JI. Stop letting DB be the boss of the house and go and get yourself a lawyer and tell what you know, this is your daughter too..

I don't think LE is EVER happy to see their witnesses lawyer up. That goes without saying - it makes it harder for LE to have access.

To think that LE was welcoming, and happy to have the Irwins obtain counsel wouldn't make sense.

Most LE doesn't go this far as to ask the witnesses to please check their attorney at the door, though.

They did that in the beginning and got torn to pieces over it. They either didn't cry enough or too much by the same people. Nobody was happy when they did, so why would they go through that again?

Public perception of me would be so far down the list, it wouldn't even register for me, and that is just my feeling/opinion. This whole case has a feel (TO ME) of what is good for the parents, not what is good for the baby.

I think that's an agregiously long time, actually. At that point, there are no questions that have gone unanswered.

At that point, you're using "interrogation techniques" to confuse the muddle them, and get them to admit to guilt.

From where I sit that's not going to be helpful in finding that baby.

Now if they rounded up MW's roommates and interrogated them for a few hours, we might get somewhere.

BBM

Quite possibly already done. MW and Dane confirmed to have been interviewed. FBI was at the house, confirmed. We don't know that all of the roomies weren't interviewed just because LE hasn't publicly outed these people. They aren't the ones that put Megan and Dane out to the public either. Nor Shane. Nor Mr. Brando. They came out in the media weeks after LE started interviewing and investigating them. Imo, not safe to assume Megan's roomies weren't questioned. JMO...

I don't think LE is EVER happy to see their witnesses lawyer up. That goes without saying - it makes it harder for LE to have access.

To think that LE was welcoming, and happy to have the Irwins obtain counsel wouldn't make sense.

Most LE doesn't go this far as to ask the witnesses to please check their attorney at the door, though.

I dont want to take this forum OT but to answer this ( I posted the other one before I saw the warning not to post OT).

LE of course hates when people lawyer up but to insinuate that LE does not want them talking with their lawyer present is insane. Do we really think LE wants to blow this case. I dont think LE cares who the heck DB and JI bring with them as long as they show some kind of concern and answer some more questions that have come up since the beginning of this case and show that they care. Karma.... We must hope for Karma. They will get theirs.

[/B]

BBM

Quite possibly already done. MW and Dane confirmed to have been interviewed. FBI was at the house, confirmed. We don't know that all of the roomies weren't interviewed just because LE hasn't publicly outed these people. They aren't the ones that put Megan and Dane out to the public either. Nor Shane. Nor Mr. Brando. They came out in the media weeks after LE started interviewing and investigating them. Imo, not safe to assume Megan's roomies weren't questioned. JMO...

I'm talking about hauling them down there for 19 hours of "interrogation".

The fact is, SOMEONE answered that phone. Until I hear minimally, "It was probably me, but I was stoned and frankly I just don't remember it", I think that's still the best lead they have. The only lead, actually.

And meanwhile, they've PUBLICLY cleared the one person who is probably most likely to have made that phone call, a drifter, a common criminal.

[/B]

BBM

I was under the impression that Dane was missing? is there a link to them questioning him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810