12 Top Reasons to Stop Smoking Now New Evidence May Be the Most Convincing Yet

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Smokers smell so bad that... (MULTIPLE CHOICE POLL)

• Total voters
All of you who just quit smoking should go and buy yourselves some new perfume or cologne and take pride in the fact that people will actually be able to smell it on you now!

Good suggestions concentric!

It will get better everyone. Quitting is a process. You might have quit actively smoking on a specific date but if you are really honest with yourself you have realized that smoking is an addiction.

I havent' smoked in over a year. I'm still addicted to cigarettes and I will be for the rest of my life. I'll be addicted whether I smoke one or not. I choose not to smoke one. Every day. Each day. One day at a time.

But it does get easier and I was a very heavy smoker for over 2 decades and now every once in a while I will have a thought that I want to smoke. Not an urge, not a crave, but just a thought. I dismiss it and carry on.

I remember the first few days, week and months. It will just keep getting easier but it does take time. Time from that last cigarette to get some recovery.

:hug: to all that have quit.

pghbrandi,You can do it....Just think..you can have a nice clean house, your closes won't stink like ciggies, (I don't even keep my clothes in my bedroom because of the cig smell) Hubby made me a walk in but before that I put clothes in every closet of the house.

Oh, and not to forget :bling::bling: you will save!

Today was the first day since I quit that I didn't think of smoking after I drank coffee! I can't believe I have lasted this long and the changes I see already. People have noticed my perfume more, I can breathe so much better, no coughing, the money is adding up and the kids are super happy about it!
It was definitely hard as heck and sometimes I still crave one but I honestly don't think I will cave now.
I'm so proud of everyone here! Thanks for the support and quitting tips!!

Tomorrow is my only child's birthday!

I have tried quitting countless times.

Wellbutrin.
Patch.
Gum.
Smokeless cig.
Chantix.

None of these have worked for me in the long run!

This is the first time National Smoke out day and my son's birthday have coincided. He will be 11 tomorrow. All he asked is that I would quit smoking!

Not only for him, but for myself. I want to be there to see my grandkidlets! I WILL stop smoking tomorrow.

Tomorrow is my only child's birthday!

I have tried quitting countless times.

Wellbutrin.
Patch.
Gum.
Smokeless cig.
Chantix.

None of these have worked for me in the long run!

This is the first time National Smoke out day and my son's birthday have coincided. He will be 11 tomorrow. All he asked is that I would quit smoking!

Not only for him, but for myself. I want to be there to see my grandkidlets! I WILL stop smoking tomorrow.

:clap: GO! GO! GO! GO! :clap:

Good Morning...My name is Patti and I am somewhat new to the forum..Have been lurking since the day after Jon Benet was murder but never felt the need to post, always enjoyed reading :)...I quick smoking 6 months ago today and just wanted to send some support to the people who recently quit..you can do it and it does get easier... congrats to all of you...

Good Morning...My name is Patti and I am somewhat new to the forum..Have been lurking since the day after Jon Benet was murder but never felt the need to post, always enjoyed reading :)...I quick smoking 6 months ago today and just wanted to send some support to the people who recently quit..you can do it and it does get easier... congrats to all of you...

Congrats on being 6 months smoke free..

and welcome to the forum

:welcome:

Happy Great American Smokeout Day everyone!

My mantra: I am not a smoker; I am not a smoker; I am not a smoker; I am not a smoker - - it does work - - almost 6 mos and counting :)

Congrats to all the former smokers here. To those who are trying to be former smokers: Keep on keeping on with your efforts. A relative of mine quit smoking after 60 (count them) years. It can be done. She just had to make up her mind to do it. Another relative smoked for nearly that long and did manage to quit also.

Giving%2BUp%2BCigarette.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-SJXvNtbzx...AIQ/gY9BEYkhihE/s1600/Giving+Up+Cigarette.jpg

How goes it folks?

Still smokeless.

:)

all of you who are quitting, i am so proud of yall. if you feel like backsliding, just remember how hard this was, and yall dont ever wanna go through it again, do ya?

my problem is my hands, i think. today was very stressful, and my cousin (who made it so stressful GRRRR) chain smoked in my face all day. i didnt want to smoke, but i wished i had a ciggie to hold and put in my mouth LOL. i sucked on hard candy and that helped some, but i am so glad things are now calm and i have a new kitchen floor! no more bare plywood! <big grin>

Im not sure what day Im on now. I think maybe 17. Still smokefree. I did have a drag, but honestly it turned my stomach so wretched that I wouldnt have smoked if you paid me. Im sorry I ever took that drag but I got the answer I was hoping for. I even was in a social setting where lots of people were smoking and drinking, and I didnt feel the urge. I guess this time its gonna stick

Im not sure what day Im on now. I think maybe 17. Still smokefree. I did have a drag, but honestly it turned my stomach so wretched that I wouldnt have smoked if you paid me. Im sorry I ever took that drag but I got the answer I was hoping for. I even was in a social setting where lots of people were smoking and drinking, and I didnt feel the urge. I guess this time its gonna stick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=fvwp&v=2RVZvUJDTUE

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08
Back