17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if there is anyway they could match his voice through the conversation he was having with his girlfriend?

There is no recording of that conversation. Only the testimony of Martin's girlfriend and cell phone company records proving that Martin was on the phone with her at that time.

Really? Some strange man is following you and that wouldn't freak you out?

Really. I think he was totally freaked out when he passed GZ and his car -- cause there are no homes over there. That's why I think he felt a little safer once he ran behind the homes where he could hear people -- and perhaps slowed up or even stopped to ask what was up with GZ following him.

that is why the prosecutor wants the press to stop interviewing witnesses because every story they tell could be use against them when and if they testified and that story changes....and the defense will use ever story the witness told....if they wrote out one story that night to the police, changed it when talking on tv, and then its different on the stand, even a little bit the defense will play on it to discredit witnesses....JMO

Yep. Some of these people could ruin themselves as witnesses if there ever is a trial.
Assuming Zimmerman gets a good lawyer it will be easy to discredit them on the stand if they tell contradictory stories.

I think Zimmerman was tired of the crime around there and wanted it to stop. He just went about it in the wrong way.

Shooting an unarmed teenager on a candy run is a crime. Are you sure George didn't want to escalate the crime in the neighborhood?

Well it's late maybe something new will break tomorrow. I'm sure the Sanford Police wants this to be solved one way or another. OK everyone have a good night. I want to listen to the show because I'm sure there will be some good questions and answers.

Shooting an unarmed teenager on a candy run is a crime. Are you sure George didn't want to escalate the crime in the neighborhood?

There had been 15 burglaries in that neighborhood over the last year. One neighbor said it was a group of black teens doing it. So I guess Zimmerman thought by carrying a gun and scarring them with it might make them stop. Only it backfired on him and a kid is now dead. Actually I'm sure with all the police and detectives around it's probably pretty safe now. I wouldn't stop by the Zimmerman home though.

It is truly ironic that now, even if Zimmerman is not charged, he will always have to be wary of people "suspecting" him and possibly doing harm to him, even just walking down a sidewalk minding his own business.

I wonder if he will ever come to empathize with his victim or if he will remain in "justification" mode forever.

There had been 15 burglaries in that neighborhood over the last year. One neighbor said it was a group of black teens doing it. So I guess Zimmerman thought by carrying a gun and scarring them with it might make them stop. Only it backfired on him and a kid is now dead. Actually I'm sure with all the police and detectives around it's probably pretty safe now. I wouldn't stop by the Zimmerman home though.

According to George Zimmerman, it was his WIFE who gave a description of the "black teen suspects" who had been doing the burglaries? Would be nice to know if she was an actual eyewitness to these burglaries and get her 911 calls as she was witnessing them?

ETA: Or was it just easier to point the finger at the "black teens" in the neighborhood and not their neighbor's drug addicted son?

Yep. Some of these people could ruin themselves as witnesses if there ever is a trial.
Assuming Zimmerman gets a good lawyer it will be easy to discredit them on the stand if they tell contradictory stories.

LOL.. it's even worse when the defendant tells contradictory stories!

Vested interest. Family trying to save the life of family. Can't blame them for trying. Not believable though. I also find it somewhat unbelievable that R. Zimmerman, Jr knows what his own screams of "help....help....help.....no, no" sound like. I couldn't say what I would sound like screaming that in those circumstances.

BEM: I wouldn't expect TM's mother could say the same about Trayvon.

I don't think we have the capacity to understand and make judgements on this very specific technology. This is why I've decided to wait and see what the knowledgable, experienced, trusted experts say. It's been amusing watching people with no experience whatsoever refute the reporting experts so far. Bias, a bit much?

I agree. That 48% is kind of meaningless for a non expert.
Maybe around 48% range is normal for a human voice pattern that does not match another recorded human voice. May be it only goes below that 48% range if the recorded sound is like a dog bark or other animal sound. Who really knows unless you are an expert in this field or the article would have been more enlightening.

LOL.. it's even worse when the defendant tells contradictory stories!

is he telling the contradictory stories or are other people doing that....I am sure whatever he told the police in interorgation is video taped.....and according to the link doesn't sound like they released any rendition of the events...and I haven't seen one interview media wise of GZ, so are the contradictory stories his or the medias or other peoples????
http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/docs/Zimmerman_Martin_shooting.pdf

Any media reenactments of the shooting incident are purely speculation. To date the
Sanford Police Department has not released any rendition of the events of the
evening to anyone other than the Office of the State Attorney. The renditions we
have seen are not consistent with the evidence in this case.

According to George Zimmerman, it was his WIFE who gave a description of the "black teen suspects" who had been doing the burglaries? Would be nice to know if she was an actual eyewitness to these burglaries and get her 911 calls as she was witnessing them?

ETA: Or was it just easier to point the finger at the "black teens" in the neighborhood and not their neighbor's drug addicted son?

BEM: Did GZ give an interview? Link?

BEM: Drug addicted neighbor? Link?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/vide...male-that-matches-robbery-suspect#pl-62773735

This is the call to LE George made where he tells dispatch his wife gave detectives the description of the black teen suspect.

Weirdly, although he is inside his home, he doesn't want to give out his address this time either?

Remember when people were saying that Zimmerman didn't want to give his address to dispatch because he didn't know where Trayvon was? Yeah, well, he had a habit of not wanting to give dispatch his address??

What does that mean?

That it's late? What I mean is, I don't think Trayvon's mother has ever heard TM scream in a situation close to the one he was in that night. It was a comment to a poster who stated GZ's father wouldn't know what GZ sounded like screaming in the same situation.

Both said they knew their son's screams.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/vide...male-that-matches-robbery-suspect#pl-62773735

This is the call to LE George made where he tells dispatch his wife gave detectives the description of the black teen suspect.

Weirdly, although he is inside his home, he doesn't want to give out his address this time either?

Remember when people were saying that Zimmerman didn't want to give his address to dispatch because he didn't know where Trayvon was? Yeah, well, he had a habit of not wanting to give dispatch his address??

Listened to it. That was odd he didn't want to give his address to the dispatcher when he was at home.

BEM: I wouldn't expect TM's mother could say the same about Trayvon.

I wouldn't know what I myself would sound like, but I sure as heck would know if it was one of my children. Oh yeah.

That it's late? What I mean is, I don't think Trayvon's mother has ever heard TM scream in a situation close to the one he was in that night. It was a comment to a poster who stated GZ's father wouldn't know what GZ sounded like screaming in the same situation.

Both said they knew their son's screams.

Okay. That would GZ's brother, not father. A parent would know.

I agree. That 48% is kind of meaningless for a non expert.
Maybe around 48% range is normal for a human voice pattern that does not match another recorded human voice. May be it only goes below that 48% range if the recorded sound is like a dog bark or other animal sound. Who really knows unless you are an expert in this field or the article would have been more enlightening.

I really doubt we are any more stupid than your average jury which will not consist of experts. So why is it beyond our understanding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howellsy