17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone was insinuating that they should have left the courtroom. I know I wasn't. I was saying that a court of law is not a social visit. It is a court of law, and is a place where both sides present their story. Family members should be prepared to hear things they may find upsetting. As the saying goes: If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. IMO, the idea that GZ's testimony should take family members' feelings into account is absurd as well as condescending toward the family members.

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

It was not testimony and was irrelevant to court proceedings.

I don't think anyone was insinuating that they should have left the courtroom. I know I wasn't. I was saying that a court of law is not a social visit. It is a court of law, and is a place where both sides present their story. Family members should be prepared to hear things they may find upsetting. As the saying goes: If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. IMO, the idea that GZ's testimony should take family members' feelings into account is absurd as well as condescending toward the family members.

His apology was self-serving. It was his way of saying "Look -- I'm sorry your kid is dead, but I had every right to kill him because I assumed he had a gun and was older." :banghead:

If Trayvon would have had a gun... then WHY was he reaching for George's gun as he claims? It just makes no sense.

It was not testimony and was irrelevant to court proceedings.

Exactly! It was not evidence, it was not testimony, and it was specifically directed at and meant for the parents. He even said that it was meant for the parents.

Zero, zilch, nada to do with either testimony or evidence.

And since it has nothing to do with evidence or court proceedings, he most certainly should have taken the parents feelings into account, especially considering they had just rejected his attempt to meet with them for the same reason.

JMHO

I flat out stated they should have stood up and turned their backs to him or left the courtroom...

Has anyone found the link to the full hearing?

I would love to find it as well. My cable was acting sketchy today AND my speakers on my laptop would not un-mute.

Thank you to all of you wonderful members that kept updating the thread during the hearing! :blowkiss:

"I didn't know if he had a gun." :banghead: That still makes me mad! If he had a flippin' gun he wouldn't have been "reaching" for yours like you claim! Let's not forget, it was you George, you that was "reaching" to get your "phone" when Trayvon seen the gun? If Trayvon had a gun of his own, don't you think that would have been the time to pull it out? This was before any physical altercation??

MOO

Testimony is one thing. Using the platform to ambush the parents for his own self serving purposes is quite another. I could understand if this type of statement was made during a sentencing hearing. A bond hearing was not the time or place. Totally inappropriate! IMO, of course.

It was a bond hearing :rolleyes: <--those are for NG, not you.

She sure loves the drama.

But even at a bond hearing, the LEAD INVESTIGATOR, the one who signed the charging document, which sets out the probable cause statement, should be able to answer basic questions like the ones he was asked.

It made them look weak and it made people doubt their ability to back up these charges. And like NG said, if this same investigator tries to introduce the evidence in the trial, then he will be asked why he said there was none at the first hearing.

Wonder how there could be all that blood if it was supposed to be raining so hard that Trayvon had to put up his hoodie? JMO

When they have that whole SYG hearing, does the prosecution get to show what they have to disprove George's events of what happened and how they do not make sense? And that he has lied?

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member