DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:what:

go ahead, badme.

make my day.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

LOL! j/k.

MOM just might be smarter than your average criminaldefenderBear.

Quite honestly, Emma, I don't think its very smart starting a FB page in such a high profile case. I think it may backfire on him.

okay fine.

but in the morning there best be a new thread here called "Doc Dumps" and it best be all linked up by the link muffin. I mean bean. I mean queen. :D
Queen Bean is fine.
^^^^^^^

beanqueen.gif

Quite honestly, Emma, I don't think its very smart starting a FB page in such a high profile case. I think it may backfire on him.

Yep, tainting a possible jury pool among many other things.

~jmo~

Ah, okay, the witness who "saw red" (John Doe) may not have used the exact words "wrestling" or "grappling" as some of the other witnesses have. Yet I disagree that his words have ever implied GZ was lying on the ground, with TM on top of him, in such a way (as you suggested upthread) that he would not have been able to clearly observe the color of GZ's clothing.

"John" said the guy in red on the bottom was being "beaten up," and was yelling for him to help. JMO

--

But one man's testimony could be key for the police.

"The guy on the bottom who had a red sweater on was yelling to me: 'help, help…and I told him to stop and I was calling 911," he said.

Trayvon Martin was in a hoodie; Zimmerman was in red.

The witness only wanted to be identified as "John," and didn't not want to be shown on camera.

His statements to police were instrumental, because police backed up Zimmerman's claims, saying those screams on the 911 call are those of Zimmerman.

"When I got upstairs and looked down, the guy who was on top beating up the other guy, was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he was dead at that point," John said.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/witness-martin-attacked-zimmerman-03232012

/bbm

---

It has also suggested (I forgot by whom) that it would have been too dark out there for the witness "John" to detect the color red.

I respectfully and emphatically disagree. There are numerous outside lights there; it is likely that some/many were shining that night. Also, if "John" were outside his home, it is likely IMO that his own individual back patio light had been flipped on IMO.

At any rate, I doubt the area would be utterly dark, see photo.

s21.jpg

Those are flood lights the camera crew or police are using.

That "no one would help" appears to be a lie if "John's" story is true. The screaming continued until the shot and John says he, "Told him to stop."
GZ knew he had help on the way...because, he had called LE and "John" said he was calling 911 and apparently did...after the shot.
If GZ was in fact in mortal fear for his safety/life as he was being beaten, as he claims; and if he saw "John" nearby and screamed to him for help, as both he and John seem to indicate; and if John actually did NOT help, but instead left the fight to go call 911 from inside his home... I do not see how that sequence of events would give GZ any indication of hope whatsoever that he was going to be okay -- just the opposite. The one person he was pleading to help him just disappeared and he was still on the bottom, getting beaten up. JMO

Yes, GZ would assume LE was on the way because he had called the non-emergency line to report a suspicious person. But I disagree a person being beaten and in immediate fear for his life would imagine LE will certainly arrive just in the nick of time to save him. Rather, more naturally would he not despair that they will probably get there too late? JMO

/bbm

You're right, it's so weird badme. And I don't know what to make of it. Obviously it's a strategic defensive move. Maybe he was not satisfied with his last media rounds, and decided to go Palinesque in order to control his message. Maybe he's not smarter, just more creative than your average criminaldefenseBear.

For once, curious to hear some qualified talking heads comment on this as strategy. Since when did we start using FB for pre-trial media blitzing? And, if he writes it on FB, he can't take it back now, can he?

worth a noodle or two, I'd say. :cow:

Ah, okay, the witness who "saw red" (John Doe) may not have used the exact words "wrestling" or "grappling" as some of the other witnesses have. Yet I disagree that his words have ever implied GZ was lying on the ground, with TM on top of him, in such a way (as you suggested upthread) that he would not have been able to clearly observe the color of GZ's clothing.

"John" said the guy in red on the bottom was being "beaten up," and was yelling for him to help. JMO

--

But one man's testimony could be key for the police.

"The guy on the bottom who had a red sweater on was yelling to me: 'help, help…and I told him to stop and I was calling 911," he said.

Trayvon Martin was in a hoodie; Zimmerman was in red.

The witness only wanted to be identified as "John," and didn't not want to be shown on camera.

His statements to police were instrumental, because police backed up Zimmerman's claims, saying those screams on the 911 call are those of Zimmerman.

"When I got upstairs and looked down, the guy who was on top beating up the other guy, was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he was dead at that point," John said.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/witness-martin-attacked-zimmerman-03232012

/bbm

---

It has also suggested (I forgot by whom) that it would have been too dark out there for the witness "John" to detect the color red.

I respectfully and emphatically disagree. There are numerous outside lights there; it is likely that some/many were shining that night. Also, if "John" were outside his home, it is likely IMO that his own individual back patio light had been flipped on IMO.

At any rate, I doubt the area would be utterly dark, see photo.

s21.jpg

Yes, it's pretty easy to see the colors under the spotlights set up by LE to light the crime scene, but what color is the car you can see between the buildings? That would have been how the regular lighting in the area would appear IMO. I think it may have been hard to distinguish colors at a distance out there at the time of the incident.

I don't trust any LE officers who don't even use basic training skills (wearing gloves) to give me any information. If they won't even use gloves to search a suspect (who should have blood on his clothes) then they wouldn't even use gloves to collect the gun. I'm not sure if they can even count.

MOO

How do you know there was only one bullet missing from the gun?

There was on shot, no one in LE or the SP's office disputes this. What was heard was probably an echo or a door slamming. One casing was found. The charging document would certainly have said if there were two shots fired. Crump would be all over it.

JMO

Quote:
We understand there are some questions and concerns regarding the discovery deadline suggested by our Criminal Rules. While the rules do state that discovery is due 15 days from demand, that is a right which George Zimmerman enjoys, and it is up to his defense team to decide how to handle these matters.
We are concerned about the release of witness information to the general public, solely due to safety concerns. There has been a lot of animosity and emotions caused by incomplete and premature disclosure of information. Becasue those emotions still run so high, we want to do everything we can to protect the sanctity of the process and the safety of the witnesses.

No good purpose will be served by a media frenzy directed at witnesses. While the media and the public have an absolute right to know about this case, that right has to be balanced with the rights of these witnesses.
They are doing their civic duty in testifying in this case.
We doubt any of them enjoy the scrutiny they are under due to the coincidence of their involvement in such a high profile matter. We are delaying demanding the discovery until we can file motions to protect these witnesses. Once that is in place, discovery will flow to us, then the media and the public has access to it, under our rules.

Ms. Corey in not violating any rule or statute, as it is our decision, not hers, to wait until proper motions regarding the witnesses have been drafted and filed. tks for your understanding."

There is that word again...Coincidence

Which is exactly what Investigator Gilbreath said on the witness stand.

~jmo~
He did? He said GZ tweaks his story each time new witness statements come out? I missed that. I'd like to know what he said on that topic.

bbm

ETA:

LOL, should have kept reading.

Next post explains what OP meant.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7849844&postcount=461"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #35[/ame]

I'm confused....I know, I know.....who put up the FB page for GZ?

You're right, it's so weird badme. And I don't know what to make of it. Obviously it's a strategic defensive move. Maybe he was not satisfied with his last media rounds, and decided to go Palinesque in order to control his message. Maybe he's not smarter, just more creative than your average criminaldefenseBear.

For once, curious to hear some qualified talking heads comment on this as strategy. Since when did we start using FB for pre-trial media blitzing? And, if he writes it on FB, he can't take it back now, can he?

worth a noodle or two, I'd say. :cow:

I don't think he'll post anything about the case, but the discussions could lead to some theories for the defense. It may also provide the platform for answering some questions. I can't believe how many commentors are posting things contrary to the evidence thus far and I actually caught some comments that implied Justice for Trayvon supporters were NOT welcome.

Yes, it's pretty easy to see the colors under the spotlights set up by LE to light the crime scene, but what color is the car you can see between the buildings? That would have been how the regular lighting in the area would appear IMO. I think it may have been hard to distinguish colors at a distance out there at the time of the incident.

Red against grey would show up. There are outside lights on both sides of the courtyard, I don't think it would be pitch dark there. IMO

MOM's Law Firm.

Wasn't he complaining he didn't have enough time to go over everything and needed some extra time to look at the discovery docs before they were released? But all of a sudden he has time for FB???? What did he say 16 hours a day, 7 days a week he's spent so far???? jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214