2008.01.08 Court Hearings Discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe instead of worrying about KC's situation, the G-parents should have been filing for rights to Caylee, alive or not. Does anybody know if there is a "Next-of-Kin" law in Florida? I seem to remember here in California there is a law that bars release of a body to someone who is suspected of causing their death...(I'm not 100% sure of this but I'm researching it...)

A guy me and my brother knew from the hood had went to his estranged wife's family's house when they were having a family get together (she was the mother of his 2 yr old son) walked up the side of the house to the back where they all were and shot and killed her in front of her whole family. He took off running but the cops got him later the next day. I remember it being on the news that he wouldn't release his wife's body to her parents so they could bury her and the parents were just devastated!! This was like 15 years ago but hearing the possibility of Baez having rights to Caylee's remains reminded me of this incident.

My opinion of why the A's weren't there??

Plain and simple: Her parents are in the exact same position they were when KC supposedly wasn't staying at their house. They are feeding of the little bit of information they get "from" KC's direction and they were probably told not to be there or blah blah blah. CA was clueless to where KC even was until AH took her to what's his faces apartment EVEN THO' SHE SUPPOSEDLY WAS GETTING TEXTS DAILY from KC...am I right?

Maybe it's finally hit them that Caylee's gone and KC might be responsible and they might be going down with her for covering for her.

Me and my mom both agree that KC will throw all of her family under the bus if she had too. I will be surprised if she takes the rap without taking one or all of them with her...

I'm just plain awful today huh?? hahaha oh boy!

When he could not give the names in court, my ears perked up because it sounded to me some are not still on board and he did not want to exclude them by naming names until he got replacements.

Aah, I see. I could watch but no sound. I missed that little nugget. Thank you!

Casey had to have authorized it. Jose stated in court he was made responsible for Caylee's remains. Heard it with my own ears.

Which means he will be paying for the funeral? SUREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I too heard him say he had 'received responsibility' for Caylee's remains or something along those lines. I wondered what he meant. Isn't that sort of a conflict of interests? Since he's defending the person accused of murdering Caylee?

That is strange. I sure does seem like a conflict, but evidently it isn't or it would have been brought to the notice of the court.

Head Line News was doing follow interviews. The reporter asked a question to his lawyer guest. He asked IF the A's are given full immunity, could Cindy get on the stand and say she killed Caylee by accident. The lawyer said YES and they could NOT charge her since she had been given immunity.
That blows.

STOP and put this child first.

The SA would never grant that type of immunity to start with, and even if they did no one would take Cindy seriously if she said she's the one who killed Caylee. Casey would still be prosecuted.

She will be forced to turn the remains over to GA & CA. She has no way to pay for a funeral.

I wouldn't be so sure. Selling exclusive media rights would pay for the funeral with plenty of money left over for pop tarts and beef sticks.

If that isn't the coldest...not even giving custody of Caylee's remains to her own grandparents. Unbelievable!!!
To me, this is quintessential Casey.
And I crack up everytime I see your avatar!

If Baez is truly in charge of the remains (which seems very odd to me) and is then charged with carrying out the funeral arrangements, etc., seems to me he could sell video and photo rights to the highest bidder. Thus, recouping some of the money he isn't making from his client Casey. I am getting the feeling that the parents are being cut out of this for some odd reason.

Argh!!! I taped the court hearing today from when Casey arrived until the end and then tried to upload it to YouTube and was going to post the link here for those that missed it. YouTube removed it, due to it violating their TOS. I wasn't even aware I was violating anything. :(

I am beginning to think there is a major division in the A camp. Baez having custody of her remains re-enforces that feeling. Wonder who will be the first under the bus?
ITA! Not sure who will be first, but they had better scoot over and make room for the other.

If Baez is truly in charge of the remains (which seems very odd to me) and is then charged with carrying out the funeral arrangements, etc., seems to me he could sell video and photo rights to the highest bidder. Thus, recouping some of the money he isn't making from his client Casey. I am getting the feeling that the parents are being cut out of this for some odd reason.

George stated that he does not like Baez. It's becoming more and more clear, IMO, why he feels that way.

Speaking in terms of "typical protocol" if there had been a second autopsy performed , would KC have to sign over the remains to Baez or could they be processed without signing over the body? Are there any other reasons that Baez would have been granted this access? Just not wanting to jump to conclusions only to be let down. I would like to see there be a genuine rift as much as anyone else, but, don't want to be let down. :waitasec:

I would have to agree. I think Casey is, as she put it, "Being a Spiteful ", even now that Casey is ready to be buried. Casey is probably starting to feel betrayed by her parents, and wants to make them suffer even more.

Wasnt that Linda Baden speaking in the courtroom today at the hearing- think she had a black suit on or am I seeing things?

OK- we all know that there were rumors that Casey was so furious with her parents after GA's testimony at the Grand Jury- and we have speculated that they have not visited Casey because she refuses to see them. Even the knowledge of Caylee's body being found did not result in a visit from her parents. Something really is not right- I know the visits are recorded but I would not let that stop me from trying to comfort- or confront- my child in such a situation.

Now she signed Caylee's remains over to the possession of JB? I wonder if this is another thumb of the nose to her parents- a getting back at them for GA's grand jury testimony.

However it's also been speculated that lab results from the second autopsy are not yet back and the defense might not want to release the remains for burial until they know for sure that further testing is not needed.

Is there any transcripts anywhere on this internet to read about the hearings that are just regular text documents, not docs, or pdf's? Or am i asking something out of the question? I used to be able to read the transcipts from Gretas show and Fox shows- havent tried them lately tho.

I obviously misread this comment when I heard it. When JB said he had "responsibility" for Caylee's remains, I took that figuratively...not that he had literal responsibility over the remains...more of a moral and ethical responsibility to be sure that nothing happened to them or that the got into the wrong hands.

I'm not saying I'm right, I'm just saying that this is how I took his comment when I heard it live.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico
Back