2008.06.16 James T. says he saw Caylee alive around Noon #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I finally read JT's statement. I suppose I was reluctant to do so earlier because I really couldn't be fair. A guy coming forward after a whole year goes by? I have some serious doubts. My goodness...every Tom, Dick, and Harry was calling in and saying they knew Casey and Caylee. Not important? Was he not around when the case first broke? The As were claiming Caylee was taken June 9th...right? Even the police reports stated the 9th. He remembers seeing them on the 16th? We wouldn't have needed the nursing home video then to prove otherwise. I know not much time transpired before the correct date was established...but Casey made such a big impression on him...so much so he could vividly recall details of their meeting a year later? Why then wouldn't he think it was important to come forward earlier, when their encounter was just the previous month? Wouldn't he have still been reeling from such a "vavoom" experience? Surely he must have mentioned this meeting in passing to friends (someone?) once he realized Casey was one and the same girl. I wonder if LE tracked down any of his friends to see if JT had discussed the meeting with them. Without knowing if there is more to this story, I doubt LE will put him on the stand...in the end.

The comments on his site are verrry interesting and he answers those who send in their comments too!
Someone even copied one of cecy's comments and asked it over there! Seems like we're all connecting for Caylee!!
puterhi.gif

Okay, I read some of his blog and it IS very interesting.
I just hope that the witness isn't compromising himself and putting any of his potentially important testimony in jeopardy by being questioned by a non LE.

The comments on his site are verrry interesting and he answers those who send in their comments too!
Someone even copied one of cecy's comments and asked it over there! Seems like we're all connecting for Caylee!!
puterhi.gif

Well, I have posted over there in the past. 'Hope whomever it was that copied my comment didn't get anyone upset, lol! Seriously though, he is very diplomatic and will deal with any logically constructed argument. It's been months but I'll have to check it out again; it seems he is getting more involved in his own local brand of sleuthing.

I have read in media reports and this forum that JT has been added to the State's witness list, but cannot seem to find any documentation.

Do we know for a FACT that he has been added to the witness list for the CRIMINAL case or the CHECK FRAUD case?

Just wondering if maybe the state may be planning on using his statement in the FRAUD case since she supposively asked if she could write a check there to purchase a monitor, or if she could cash a check?

Could we just be assuming that the state intends to use his statement in the CRIMINAL trial? Wasn't this statement released separate from the large doc dump?

Some awesome sluethers here seem to already be raising some valid questions about discrepancies in his statement (lack of ping, doors at Walmart, etc) so wonder if LE has something to substantiate statement they HAVEN'T released, and if not, why would they put a witness on who LBK/JoseBGood could punch holes in?

(Am reposting this here as I originally posted it on the "walmart" thread but think it is more appropriate to this forum. Sorry....)

I am having an issue with JT's statement in regards to KC wanting to write and/or cash a check in his store when she supposively visited that store on June 9th.

From reviewing previous statements and documents, it appears that KC did not come into possession of Amy's checkbook until sometime around the second week of July (wrote checks to Target and Winn Dixie on July 8 and 10), and this was around the time that Amy went to PR.

So if JT's statement is true, whose checkbook did KC have access to? It doesn't appear to me that she had access to Amy's (the only one we are aware of that she stole) during the first week of JUNE? He certainly seems to be going into great detail recently about her wanting to cash a check and his suspicion that "someone her age would have a checkbook". (My daughter is 17, and yes, has a checkbook and debit card.)

Or is it possible that after a year, JT is mistaken on his time frame and KC did visit his store, but in July (obviously without Caylee)? Have we checked the ping records for July?

This part of his statement is just not making sense to me.....(in reality, his whole statement is flawed to me....not saying he is being untruthful, just saying that too many precise details of information that was already public knowledge a year after case began).

I am still wondering if perhaps he is honestly trying to help, and when finally coming forward with a statement, he subconciously included details he had learned from the media (like us) to substantiate his story as realistic.

As a side note, I own a business that is frequently visited by regular clientele. I am also constantly teased about my "photogenic memory" as for some reason, I can recall situations from the past like a movie running through my head. HOWEVER, I can pretty much guarantee that if any one of you asked me to relay, in precise detail, a significant day from last year (Oct 2008) involving a visit by one of my clients, I doubt that I could give such precise details as to what they were wearing, etc....but that is just me. What about you?

(Am reposting this here as I originally posted it on the "walmart" thread but think it is more appropriate to this forum. Sorry....)

I am having an issue with JT's statement in regards to KC wanting to write and/or cash a check in his store when she supposively visited that store on June 9th.

From reviewing previous statements and documents, it appears that KC did not come into possession of Amy's checkbook until sometime around the second week of July (wrote checks to Target and Winn Dixie on July 8 and 10), and this was around the time that Amy went to PR.

So if JT's statement is true, whose checkbook did KC have access to? It doesn't appear to me that she had access to Amy's (the only one we are aware of that she stole) during the first week of JUNE? He certainly seems to be going into great detail recently about her wanting to cash a check and his suspicion that "someone her age would have a checkbook". (My daughter is 17, and yes, has a checkbook and debit card.)

Or is it possible that after a year, JT is mistaken on his time frame and KC did visit his store, but in July (obviously without Caylee)? Have we checked the ping records for July?

This part of his statement is just not making sense to me.....(in reality, his whole statement is flawed to me....not saying he is being untruthful, just saying that too many precise details of information that was already public knowledge a year after case began).

I am still wondering if perhaps he is honestly trying to help, and when finally coming forward with a statement, he subconciously included details he had learned from the media (like us) to substantiate his story as realistic.

As a side note, I own a business that is frequently visited by regular clientele. I am also constantly teased about my "photogenic memory" as for some reason, I can recall situations from the past like a movie running through my head. HOWEVER, I can pretty much guarantee that if any one of you asked me to relay, in precise detail, a significant day from last year (Oct 2008) involving a visit by one of my clients, I doubt that I could give such precise details as to what they were wearing, etc....but that is just me. What about you?

Honey, I couldn't tell you what anybody, including me, wore yesterday.

Unless the guys was REALLY impressed by what KC was wearing.. KWIM?

I believe the "discrepancy" in time of day when JT allegedly saw KC is due to him stating her saw her around his lunch. I WILL go back and review the statement, but it has been suggested, that because his store was open until 9PM that when he referred to his lunchtime, he could have based that upon the time he usually considered to be lunch. I will go look right now so I can support my statements, but this topic has been hashed quite a bit and that is the general explanation that WSers have conceded to regarding his timeframe. That theory has also been supported by the June 16 ping threads. BRB off to get the threads.

This is an excellent and very valid point. In the world of Retail, an employees "food break" no matter what time of day that may be, including 24 hour stores, is always called "LUNCH". So, good point....

James Thompson Responds:
http://marinadedave.wordpress.com/2009/10/10/james-thompson-responds/
<snipped>
I don’t have a tv because I don’t like to watch all the bad news. Low and behold the one story I click on the internet to read about in November 2008 is about some girl who looks familiar to me for some reason and when i read the story to find out why it is hearbreaking. I didn’t wait a year to tell my story. I called the numbers we were supposed to call several times, left my information several times and no one called me back. I finally had to go to the local police department to make a statement just to get the pressure off my chest

After reading JT's statement on maranade dave's site, I feel this fellow just tried to do the right thing, and what possible reason could he have to make any of this up? He will only be dragged over the coals and scrutinized mercilessly , like Kronk for coming forward. It's the details about Caylee looking disheveled,hot & tired, compared to a cool, inattentive mother which rings so true. The die had been cast for Caylee at this point. God this is like a bad horror flick

After reading JT's statement on maranade dave's site, I feel this fellow just tried to do the right thing, and what possible reason could he have to make any of this up? He will only be dragged over the coals and scrutinized mercilessly , like Kronk for coming forward. It's the details about Caylee looking disheveled,hot & tired, compared to a cool, inattentive mother which rings so true. The die had been cast for Caylee at this point. God this is like a bad horror flick

ITA!! This part made me sick too!
<snipped>
When Casey came out, I noticed she purchased something small in the bag she had in her hands … a small box or bottle, but of course couldn’t tell what it was … but she held it close to her chest in her hands like you do when you don’t want anyone to see what you purchased :furious:

I'm glad he took the time to write to Dave. It has helped me a lot concerning his statement.

I don't know if anyone local has chimed in on this one but I went to the Casselberry Walmart today and THERE IS A SIDE DOOR to the right of the two automatic doors. The side door leads towards the Sally's Beauty salon side of the building (or the Radio Shack). Not many people use the manual side door but it CERTAINLY exists.

I believe that Caylee died before 5 pm June 16th. I have no idea what this witness saw or when he saw it but there is little evidence that she was still alive at the time he states he saw her at Walmart.

MOO

Thanks celticthyme. I didn't know JT had responded until I read your post. Here's the link in case anyone else wants to read it:

http://marinadedave.wordpress.com/2009/10/10/james-thompson-responds/#comments

I believe that Caylee died before 5 pm June 16th. I have no idea what this witness saw or when he saw it but there is little evidence that she was still alive at the time he states he saw her at Walmart.

MOO

He states at the link posted earlier in the thread that he saw Casey with Caylee on two separate occasions. June 9th...when Casey brought Caylee to his store to look at computer monitors. He claims to have given Caylee a beanie baby. He says on June 16th (day after Father's Day) he went to a Rotary meeting at 2pm on the 16th. He estimates that he arrived at the Walmart at about 4:00 pm. He would typically shop during late afternoons and keep his store open at night. He said the sun was starting to go down but was still up. He said that he saw KC leave the store with Caylee looking flustered and sweaty walking about 10-20 feet behind to the point Caylee opened a door for herself. He said that KC had made a purchase and was holding that purchase close to her chest. He was very descriptive about them in both sightings.

He said he made several calls. None were returned and that eventually he went down to the local police station to tell his story.

He seems pretty credible to me. Former JAG military guy. I don't think that the SA's office would list him as a witness for trial if he had not been vetted. It is also quite plausible that if it was KC/Caylee at the Walmart that day and KC did make a purchase that LE could have obtained surveillance video (and if it had already been recorded over) or tracked her purchase somehow.

JT described it as a small box or bottle in the bag.

I had at first thought Caylee was killed in the early morning/late evening hours of the 15th...but it is looking more and more likely that she killed/drugged her in the car pushed back the seats to get access to the trunk and threw her in the trunk to have her toes curled by Tony.

JMO.

I just can't get my head around this. That she was killed between 6:50 or so and the video from Blockbuster's. Doesn't make sense to me at all.

MOO

ETA - Does anyone know exactly what time she was filmed at the video place with TonE?

I just can't get my head around this. That she was killed between 6:50 or so and the video from Blockbuster's. Doesn't make sense to me at all.

MOO

ETA - Does anyone know exactly what time she was filmed at the video place with TonE?

IIRC it was 8:00 but I bet that some other fabulous sleuther will be able to tell you with absolute certainty.

KC could have drugged her and thrown her in the trunk around 4:30/5:00 pm. But you never know. One thing the Walmart sighting does, if proven true, limits the possibilities of SODDI for the Defense. It also dramatically narrows the timeline...and quite clearly shows the person responsible for where Caylee is now. KC. JMO.

ITA!! This part made me sick too!
<snipped>
When Casey came out, I noticed she purchased something small in the bag she had in her hands … a small box or bottle, but of course couldn’t tell what it was … but she held it close to her chest in her hands like you do when you don’t want anyone to see what you purchased :furious:

I don't remember reading about the purchase in his witness statement, I hope LE is aware of this. Maybe they still can try to
see what is was she bought and was trying to conceal.

MOO

Where are you getting 6:50? He's stating he saw them at WalMart around 4 p.m.

Where are you getting 6:50? He's stating he saw them at WalMart around 4 p.m.
Bond..James...Help me out here??? Am I having memory problems? Wasn't it you that stated that was the only time the pings could have collaborated with this witness' account???

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members