2008.06.16 James T. says he saw Caylee alive around Noon #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And since he's done an interview with WESH we can hardly say that he's withheld his information because he didn't want public/media scrutiny now, can we?

Well now the cat is out of the doc dump bag so to speak and I'll bet he's been inundated. The thing about media interest is that sometimes it is better to talk to them and not have them report "mistruths" and "half-truths" they might have from poor research.

And, let me just say, from living about ten summers in FL that just about everybody dresses the way KC does in summer. I've seen 50-year-old women with scary alligator skin tans in bikini tops and sarongs in the grocery store. They had to make ordinances down there for heaven's sake so that people wearing thong swimsuits couldn't sit on park benches (hygiene ick factor) or sell hot dogs on the side of the road (crash factor). It is totally the Land of Inappropriate Clothes in summer.

I have a feeling he noticed her clothing more because of her behavior wearing it. Maybe he felt creepy later because he had a nice time while she flirted - especially when he figured out who she was. It's really hard to analyze a guys whole life based on a page or two of testimony. His background seems to be okay - he's not skulking in doorways drooling over young girls. I'm just inclined to give people a break or two unless they've actually used them up like the Anthony family did.

If we are going to hold witnesses to such high standards of behavior, then I guess we should spend more time getting Congress replaced because they actually do things that we are just imagining this guy may have simply thought.

*snipped* No comments from JT about Casey or Caylee carrying anything outta Walmart. :( Surveillance video, receipts, etc. would be extremely valuable. If Casey did buy anything with cash and they couldn't find a receipt or a sureillance video...at least the timeframe for candidate 4a visit is so short that LE could've done an inventory of all sales @ the Casselberry Walmart for that brief few mins., eliminated the ones that could be attributed to other individuals, and then looked for any OTC purchases that might've fit the bill. That wouldn't hold up in court...I know...I'm just daydreamin' :bang:

Suppose she was shoplifting the stuff?

*snipped*

See the link in the 2nd quoted post in #657 above, steadychick.

I gave each of the unaccounted timeslots a name (e.g. Candidate 4a-4d) and suggested how much time each of them would allow for a trip to Walmart when the travel time was accounted for...as well as one option, 4b, that would permit a trip back to G&C's (unlikely, IMHO). Take your pick for any of these providing time/opportunity to apply duct tape if you wanna go w/ peri-mortem application. I kinda noodled w/ 4b trip home being a duct-tape application trip...which would require 4a to be the JT sighting. Although it seems Casey would've more likely driven over to Gentiva and waited it out for Cindy vs. driving all the way back to G&C's. Woulda put duct taping really, really close to when Cindy could've been arriving home too...so...pretty risky IYKWIM.

I've always kinda wanted to think Caylee had the benefit of some OTC's to 'soften' her ordeal. After seeing how much stuff was still in the car & recovered @ the disposal site...it seems there would've been a decent chance of finding an empty OTC container. IIRC, there were a few items from the disposal sight that could've been used or associated w/ giving an OTC...but no 'smoking gun'. No comments from JT about Casey or Caylee carrying anything outta Walmart. :( Surveillance video, receipts, etc. would be extremely valuable. If Casey did buy anything with cash and they couldn't find a receipt or a sureillance video...at least the timeframe for candidate 4a visit is so short that LE could've done an inventory of all sales @ the Casselberry Walmart for that brief few mins., eliminated the ones that could be attributed to other individuals, and then looked for any OTC purchases that might've fit the bill. That wouldn't hold up in court...I know...I'm just daydreamin' :bang:

I tend to think that KC wouldn't have to purchase OTC when there was probably a pharmacy at home. She could have already been "packing" when she went to WalMart and simply bought a Gatorade. We still haven't heard a peep about the bottle have we?

I do the same thing that you describe above. KC is of the younger set though and from what I know about her and what I observe with my son, they would not be caught without their phone, either inside the house or outside the house.

I don't know your age, but my guess would be - I don't want to guess - but anybody younger that 25 years may be prone to this phone appendage thing that the older set can't relate too exactly.

I would bet a lobster dinner in Maine that KC never left home without her phone - ever.

I'm only 4 years older than Casey, and even 4, 5 years ago at her age, I still left my phone home at times whether I forgot it or left it on purpose.

Well now the cat is out of the doc dump bag so to speak and I'll bet he's been inundated. The thing about media interest is that sometimes it is better to talk to them and not have them report "mistruths" and "half-truths" they might have from poor research.

And, let me just say, from living about ten summers in FL that just about everybody dresses the way KC does in summer. I've seen 50-year-old women with scary alligator skin tans in bikini tops and sarongs in the grocery store. They had to make ordinances down there for heaven's sake so that people wearing thong swimsuits couldn't sit on park benches (hygiene ick factor) or sell hot dogs on the side of the road (crash factor). It is totally the Land of Inappropriate Clothes in summer.

I have a feeling he noticed her clothing more because of her behavior wearing it. Maybe he felt creepy later because he had a nice time while she flirted - especially when he figured out who she was. It's really hard to analyze a guys whole life based on a page or two of testimony. His background seems to be okay - he's not skulking in doorways drooling over young girls. I'm just inclined to give people a break or two unless they've actually used them up like the Anthony family did.

If we are going to hold witnesses to such high standards of behavior, then I guess we should spend more time getting Congress replaced because they actually do things that we are just imagining this guy may have simply thought.

Agreed, wearing clothes in Florida in not always necessary - ha!

Future witnesses of America, please testify in a timely fashion. That's all we ask of you. Thank you in advance for your HELPFULNESS.

:banghead:

I'm only 4 years older than Casey, and even 4, 5 years ago at her age, I still left my phone home at times whether I forgot it or left it on purpose.

Thanks, I guess I should be careful about basing an entire group of peoples' behavior on what I see in my immediate surroundings.

That said, based on KC's number of texts, her phone usage records and the huge bills she encountered, I stand by my opinion that she would not leave home without her phone - she had to be talking at all times and did talk constantly according to several of her friends. Will's testimony comes to mind.

KC was not one who cherished alone time imo. She wanted to do what she wanted to do but not alone imo.

Here's another scenario -- KC was planning to leave Caylee in the trunk while she spent time with Tony, so she took the duct tape with her when she left the A's and took it back another day. Or, as mentioned in another thread, maybe the tape was bought in a package of more than one, so there was still a roll left for George to hang posters. The stop in Walmart could have been for medication to make her sleep. Bond -- wasn't there a time period prior to KC's arrival at Tony's that is unaccounted for, where there were no pings and it was speculated she may have bound Caylee during this time?

Since we're maybe-ing, maybe the cash and the pants from the car weren't the only things appropriated by the A's; maybe one of them grabbed a roll of duct tape from the back seat, recognizing that distinctive tape as belonging to GA.

Did he say around noon or around lunchtime? If he was closing the store at 9pm, his "lunchtime" may have been much later. Was he specific about the time? I don't recall.

There is somethhing I thought of regarding the lunch vs late afternoon time mentioned. I don't know if it applies at all with a business owner but will throw it out there. My ex was a shift worker and always would refer to lunch, breakfast etc... with the specific order of 'his' day; so for him breakfast could very well be noon time and lunch at dinner or even midnight KWIM? I don't know the hours of operation of JT's business or if he had other employee's covering certain times of the day. Just a thought.

As you can see from an earlier post in this thread, ITA. In college I worked at a store that closed at 9, like the computer store and when I had a closing shift, I had "lunch" much later than noon.

Since we're maybe-ing, maybe the cash and the pants from the car weren't the only things appropriated by the A's; maybe one of them grabbed a roll of duct tape from the back seat, recognizing that distinctive tape as belonging to GA.

I thought the cash was in KC's bag that LA retrieved from TL. The pants smelled like the car so CA washed them. Wouldn't the tape smell as well? The roll itself is made of paper so I'm assuming it would absorb an order that strong. I'm more inclined to believe that the tape was never removed from the home or there was more than one roll. Or maybe GA saw the tape in KC's trunk when she got the gas cans out and he retrieved it then.

OT, but I just realized that the aerial photographer for the Equusearch operation lives like 5 minutes from me.

Haven't read all the replies to this thread yet but my first impression of this account of seeing Caylee is bogus, but not sure why.

As you can see from an earlier post in this thread, ITA. In college I worked at a store that closed at 9, like the computer store and when I had a closing shift, I had "lunch" much later than noon.

Good point! When I work a 11pm to 7am shift we alwys refer to going to break as going to "lunch" and it could be 3 am!! Also, even if JT were closing at 9pm-it may not have been the end of his day. He may have been scheduled to teach a class that night after the store closed-hence referring to that time as lunch, since dinner may not be till after class!!:waitasec:

BondJamesBond, are you saying that in the half hour or so between leaving Walmart where Caylee was seen alive and then the Blockbuster video that Casey must have drugged/duct taped Caylee on the way to TonE's? Why the flurry of phone calls earlier?

I guess I'm trying to imagine what she was thinking...probably,
"oh, I gotta get to my new bf's to go watch movies".

This new witness/angle to determine a timeline is really making me think the crime was totally cold-blooded and completely for selfish reasons on Casey's part. The fight with Cindy and the need to be with TonE and she decides to throw her daughter in a trunk to maybe/or for sure die? No wonder she's facing the DP.

"I tried to go several times...It was at least six months before I went the first time because I didn't think what little I saw mattered," Thompson said.

http://www.wesh.com/news/21219043/detail.html

Every time it is reported we get a new piece of information. Seems from this report JT went to LE 6 months after the incident and it wasn't his first attempt to report it.

"I tried to go several times...It was at least six months before I went the first time because I didn't think what little I saw mattered," Thompson said.

http://www.wesh.com/news/21219043/detail.html

Every time it is reported we get a new piece of information. Seems from this report JT went to LE 6 months after the incident and it wasn't his first attempt to report it.

THIS IS HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The SA must have corroborating evidence to add him to the witness list. There is NO WAY the SA will ever offer a plea if there is corroboration that Thompson is legit! This proves how calculating and cold Casey really is. She had a very short timeline in which to actually kill Caylee.

OMG THAT IS SO FUNNY! Thank you! Now this winter I can remind myself that at least I'm not being subjected to THAT! Hee hee, the Land of Inappropriate Clothing...so funny!

I hope this duffus who waited OVER A FRIGGIN YEAR to report what he saw gets all the media attention he deserves. Bogus is what bogus does. Dumb and dumber...I'll set myself aside to watch this FEEASSSCOOO.

MOO

THIS IS HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The SA must have corroborating evidence to add him to the witness list. There is NO WAY the SA will ever offer a plea if there is corroboration that Thompson is legit! This proves how calculating and cold Casey really is. She had a very short timeline in which to actually kill Caylee.

The potentially shorter timeline, Caylee possibly being alive even after Casey arrived up in the Tony's-apartment area of town, and the fact that the duct tape was apparently left at the house for George and Cindy's later poster-hanging use are inclining me more toward the idea that Casey left Caylee in the car alive--perhaps with no active intent to kill Caylee but with an absolute lack of concern over whether she lived or died--then went to the house the next day and applied the duct tape (3 very long, overlapping strips) because she saw insect activity and freaked out.

But how to apply the duct tape if there was a little decomp setting in already? Perhaps wipe off that area with the paper towels from the Tony trash bag that later showed evidence of probably human fatty acid ratios and maggots?

I feel sick now....sorry. :frown:

:laugh:

Agreed, wearing clothes in Florida in not always necessary - ha!

Future witnesses of America, please testify in a timely fashion. That's all we ask of you. Thank you in advance for your HELPFULNESS.

:banghead:

This woman is such a lazy-arsed frick that I don't/can't believe for a second that this CRIME didn't occur in "comfy" little nest of a home. People here think that she was smart enough, to take her child and kill her outside of the "cocoon"? No way. Don't believe it myself.

MOO

The potentially shorter timeline, Caylee possibly being alive even after Casey arrived up in the Tony's-apartment area of town, and the fact that the duct tape was apparently left at the house for George and Cindy's later poster-hanging use are inclining me more toward the idea that Casey left Caylee in the car alive--perhaps with no active intent to kill Caylee but with an absolute lack of concern over whether she lived or died--then went to the house the next day and applied the duct tape (3 very long, overlapping strips) because she saw insect activity and freaked out.

But how to apply the duct tape if there was a little decomp setting in already? Perhaps wipe off that area with the paper towels from the Tony trash bag that later showed evidence of probably human fatty acid ratios and maggots?

I feel sick now....sorry. :frown:

I thought the ME's report said that the duct tape was applied before decomp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper