2008.07.22 Shirley P. Interview (Cindy's Mother)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No, I've never heard or read anything about these phone calls she received, which in itself, seems strange. She didn't say it just sounded like background noise, she said it was a child jabbering. She said it only happened these two times, within a few days of each other and she wondered if the same call Casey claims to have gotten was the same as this. She must have thought they might look into it, saying she supposes someone could dig it up because she still has the same tape. That would have been their opportunity to respond if they were going to look at the tape, but they just said ok, then changed the subject to her husband. Of course, if they had their mind made up at that point....just like having the wooded area cleared by August. It all seems strange to me. Sure, I've gotten prank calls, kids playing around, but if it is a random call, it never happens twice.

I hope they (LE) leave SP alone. She's 81 and she doesn't need that kind of stress in her life. :(

No, I've never heard or read anything about these phone calls she received, which in itself, seems strange. She didn't say it just sounded like background noise, she said it was a child jabbering. She said it only happened these two times, within a few days of each other and she wondered if the same call Casey claims to have gotten was the same as this. She must have thought they might look into it, saying she supposes someone could dig it up because she still has the same tape. That would have been their opportunity to respond if they were going to look at the tape, but they just said ok, then changed the subject to her husband. Of course, if they had their mind made up at that point....just like having the wooded area cleared by August. It all seems strange to me. Sure, I've gotten prank calls, kids playing around, but if it is a random call, it never happens twice.
Don't forget about how our spirits can use electronic stuff like phones and tv to reach us to say hi. I don't think Shirley had the same problem that CA and KC have with telling lies so I doubt if she made that up. The police should have looked at her phone records, or maybe they did. They should have listened to the tape, or maybe they did and found nothing.

It was addressed early on. You might want to search through old threads. LE did not ignore them.

I find it odd if LE did not check out these 2 calls. When I first read her statement and listened to it, I thought the jabbering child might be Caylee, but it was after the time that IMO Caylee was already dead. Just like Casey tried to make Jesse think on June 24th that she was talking to Caylee while she was on the phone with him. I figured that she may have made this phone call to the GGM to mess with the timeline, from the recording off her camera so that she had a witness that Caylee was alive after June 16th. Just IMO. Hope they checked her phone records.

Regarding the theft of money that Shirley believe Casey obtained the banking info from the birthday card they had sent her....She states the bank reimbursed them for the money stolen. I do not understand why there were not charges pressed against Casey by the bank. When I lived in Florida(so the laws are obviously the same) my ex-boyfriend took my bank card, made several purchases, and withdrew money from my account. In order to get my money back from the bank, I had to say the charges were fraudulent. The bank filed charges against the ex-boyfriend. Why would this not be done to Casey?

No, I've never heard or read anything about these phone calls she received, which in itself, seems strange. She didn't say it just sounded like background noise, she said it was a child jabbering. She said it only happened these two times, within a few days of each other and she wondered if the same call Casey claims to have gotten was the same as this. .

Casey never got such a call. Her phone was checked thoroughly by LE, the girl has a wild imagination. (to put it mildly)

Why didn't the grandmother mention the fact that Casey had stolen money?

Casey is causing the stress in this poor woman's life, not LE.

MOO

That is very true BUT still why bring all this crap on an 81 year old woman and her husband who does not have anything to do with this except for the fact that they are the grandmother and grandfather to KC??
I have lost all 4 of my grandparents and I have sympathy for KC's grandparents because they are innocent bystanders in this case.
Cindy and George are another story but please leave the other grandparents out of it. That's just my opinion but I strongly believe that. We have enough elderly abuse in this country ... why make these two suffer??

They were really nice as pie to her. Respectful and kind.

Of course they're going to interview the last people to see Caylee alive, and SP was one of those people, sadly. If they had ANY reason to doubt CA's version of events, or even just to verify them, then SP would be an obvious choice as a close living relative.

I'm sure Mrs. Plesea understood. She was a concerned grandmother talking to LE, not a feeble, confused woman being bullied by them.

That is very true BUT still why bring all this crap on an 81 year old woman and her husband who does not have anything to do with this except for the fact that they are the grandmother and grandfather to KC??
I have lost all 4 of my grandparents and I have sympathy for KC's grandparents because they are innocent bystanders in this case.
Cindy and George are another story but please leave the other grandparents out of it. That's just my opinion but I strongly believe that. We have enough elderly abuse in this country ... why make these two suffer??

I don't for a second believe that LE will bother either great-grandparent unless it's absolutely necessary to ensure justice for Caylee. If the great-grandparents suffer from that, it is Casey's responsibility for murdering her baby, and then lying about it.

If I'm going to lay additional blame, it will be at the feet of Cindy, George, and Lee for their lying and hiding information. Not at the feet of LE for doing their job in the pursuit of justice for Caylee.

What is your evidence of elderly abuse committed by LE? That's a serious and shocking allegation, of which I've seen absolutely no indication from anyone, anywhere.

I completely understand how you feel.
However, because Caylee's disappearance was the following day, or possibly the same day, it did have to be done. Honestly, I think the discord between Rick and Cindy was causing much of her problems. That and her concern for her daughter. I'm sorry to say that she is another victim of Casey though. LE did what they had to do, I doubt they wanted to bother her, and the interview was short, and to my knowledge they never returned or pursued the stolen check, as she has only been charged with what she stolen from Amy. She understood the need for it.
However, there was a time when they may have been using Cindy's concern for her parents to push her to be more cooperative, and that wasn't right, but then it wasn't right for Cindy to be uncooperative either. In the end it didn't save her granddaughter, and it won't save her daughter either. This is all jmo
The elderly derserve the utmost respect from everyone always, and Cindy's parents need to be remembered in our prayers. :)

"I love her still, but I am apprehensive."

I did a quick read over, could anyone figure out what that is in reference to? (I know it is about Casey, but exactly WHAT, is it about)

She sounds like one smart old woman. It sounds to me like she thought there was something fishy with Casey going on from the beginning. Even as obnoxious as CA has been I feel so bad after hearing about her waiting and waiting for Caylee on her vacation. I can't even imagine. Casey shoulf FRY! What an evil WITCH

Have they been rude to her or something? All I saw was LE investigating a crime and respectfully questioning the great grandparents of the victim of that crime. Interviewing people close to the perp and the victim is part of an investigation. I seriously doubt anyone wants to abuse these people, least of all LE, who have been very respectful of even Cindy and George through all of this.

Have they been rude to her or something? All I saw was LE investigating a crime and respectfully questioning the great grandparents of the victim of that crime. Interviewing people close to the perp and the victim is part of an investigation. I seriously doubt anyone wants to abuse these people, least of all LE, who have been very respectful of even Cindy and George through all of this.

Everything I've seen, they've been very respectful. Shirley even wrote a note to the detectives that had a thank you for all you are doing to find Caylee on it, so I don't think there are any hard feelings. Yuri was unbelievably patient with even Cindy at the beginning, more patience than I could possibly manage.

Remember when LE interviewed SP? This was back in July. I'm speaking of CA's mother. Here's something somewhat interesting. At about 9 minutes in, she starts talking about Caylee in all past tense. In fact, she makes several comments in past tense. Then at 10 minutes in, she starts using present tense again.

Is it age? Confusion? Or just the way she speaks?

I'm not trying to make negative suggestions about her, in fact she seems like a doll, a very kind woman. However, should her comments be overlooked?

I also find it weird that noone has mentioned SP's interview, where she tells them it sounded like a recording of Caylee on her answering machine. Casey is manipulative enough to do that I think, and i'm surprised noone mentions that.

I also find it weird that noone has mentioned SP's interview, where she tells them it sounded like a recording of Caylee on her answering machine. Casey is manipulative enough to do that I think, and i'm surprised noone mentions that.

I agree.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back