2008.08.01 Cindy Anthony's Interview Audio #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow the interview with Cindy tells a lot.
Cindy’s memory depends on what is being discussed.
Using just the part when she is telling them about the week that Casey is in Tampa working and the car accident and Zanny and all the others and the head injury and yada, yada you can see how Cindy’s mind works and reacts.
Cindy goes into great detail about what Casey has told her and despite the best efforts of Detective Yuri he cannot get Cindy to give up on believing Casey. If you listen really closely you can hear the changes in Cindy’s voice when she switches back and forth about which version of Casey she is talking about.
Cindy has two version of Casey. She switches back and forth from Casey as a liar, untrustworthy, selfish, a run a around and a horrible daughter to Casey is a good mother and a caring concerned person who did so much for others, worked hard but always found time to talk to her mother, was a popular, valued friend and loved her little girl. There is a private Casey and a public Casey.
Those two versions of Casey are in effect both true. Casey was to others whatever she thought that they wanted her to be. With her family Casey played a different part than she did with her friends but with Cindy, especially with Cindy Casey was almost two different people.
As far as Cindy is concerned Cindy is the only one allowed to put down Casey or say that Casey is a liar or a bad mother. No one else is allowed. As long as Cindy can keep the private Casey hidden and only show or talk about the public Casey Cindy can keep those two separate versions of Casey apart.

When Cindy goes into all of the details about the week that Casey is suppose to be with Caylee and the Nanny and then the car accident and all of the other lies Cindy is clear headed, strong voiced, helpful, confident in what she is saying, standing up and in authoritive manor. Cindy is in ‘see how much I know about my daughter’ mode Cindy is telling all about the public Casey.
Then right after Cindy gets done telling EE this whole long story and Yuri says to her but you do realize that none off that was real, it never happen, all of those people they don’t exist. Cindy slumps down in the chair, her hands come up around her face, her voice become week. This happens because a little bit of the private Casey is shown. That is not allowed. Yuri is not allowed to speak of the private Casey.
Then Cindy moves right into defensive mode. Casey cannot be portrayed that way. That is my private Casey. So to shield her self from having the private Casey displayed for all to see, Cindy becomes desperate and begins trying to find something, anything one little tiny piece of what Casey told her that is true. Yuri pushes again by showing her documents that prove that these people do not exist.
Cindy has to face a reality that she does not want to face.
So Cindy shoves reality back by becoming aggressive to Yuri, changes the subject, points’ fingers at him, the department about what they did or did not do. Reminds him of how much good stuff she has said about him. She is not only trying to convince LE that their version of Casey is wrong but she needs LE to tell her that what Casey has told her is true because then everything will be alright. She can go back to hiding the private Casey and only allowing the officers to see the public Casey.
If Cindy can deflect the overpowering feeling of helplessness and loss of control that having these two separate versions of Casey collide into one version for all of the world to see then Cindy can continue to believe that Caylee is just missing. Caylee is somewhere safe and Caylee will be found and everyone will live happily ever after.

Yuri almost got through to Cindy, almost. The voice cracked, the head went down. The wavering voice, almost a whisper; “Are you looking for a dead Caylee or an alive Caylee.” Cindy’s mind would just not allow her to go there.
Yuri had it right. Get Cindy comfortable and let her go on and on about all of Casey’s stories and let Cindy keep blaming others so this way Cindy will keep skidding into the huge pile of lies on her own. Eventually Cindy will have no choice but to face reality. Yuri can help by letting Cindy ‘discover’ the lies on her own. Have her help him in understanding about this email or that text message but to outright tell her by stacking them all up and ‘throwing’ them at her will not help him in getting through to her. Doing it that way brings up Cindy’s need to hide the private Casey. Cindy needs to back herself in the corner so to speak. Having someone push her there won’t work.
I think I now understand why Cindy thrives on the negativity. The media and the protestors are helping keep Cindy in the false reality. It explains why she keeps going outside with hammers and keeps clashing with the protester and gets into word wars with the media. George and Lee acting the same way is because Cindy will not have it any other way. It gives her a means to shove reality back so she does not have to allow the private Casey to be merged with the public Casey. That is Cindy’s comfort zone. That is what Cindy is familiar with. Cindy wants Caylee found without having to leave that comfort zone.
Cindy does not yet realize the public version of Casey that she has so long promoted and maintained no longer exists and everyone is well aware of the private Casey that Cindy has worked so hard to hide.
The window of Cindy ever coming to terms about Casey may very well have passed. It has been over 90 days since Cindy has seen Caylee. I my opinion I think that even if Cindy has had nothing to do with Caylee’s disappearance or anything to do with covering up what happen unless Cindy’s is shown Caylee’s body nothing is going to make Cindy face reality.

You are so close, Shadow, to understanding Cindy.

She and George have worked so hard, all of their lives, to get beyond the stereotypical Italian ghetto of the "blue collar steel mill" enclaves of the upper mid-west.

To get beyond that, a couple had to move into a suburb, have a perfectly kept house and yard, and have a couple of perfectly upwardly mobile children. Lee did ok, but then came Casey, who didn't get the message. What to do?

Try to keep up appearances, and hope for the best. Cover for her as best they could, with Cindy being the "whip", and poor George just hanging on as best he could.

Was the big fight, that supposely occured the night of June 15 between Cindy and Casey, ever brought up in the interviews?? I've listened to most of the audios but I didn't hear anything about it. Does anyone know if it was discussed??

My head is spinning here. Way too much info released so fast and I just can't keep it all straight! It's all so crazy!

What's so sad to me, is knowing that Casey and Cindy both would have raised Caylee to learn that lying and manipulating is the way to get what you want. They both would have eventually twisted and warped that innocent child's mind and spirit.

Was the big fight, that supposely occured the night of June 15 between Cindy and Casey, ever brought up in the interviews?? I've listened to most of the audios but I didn't hear anything about it. Does anyone know if it was discussed??

My head is spinning here. Way too much info released so fast and I just can't keep it all straight! It's all so crazy!

Nope. Not yet.

Another thing I've been thinking about is CA's vacation and how it relates to KC's vacation. KC and Amy sent a lot of text messages back and forth about going to Puerto Rico. It seems that initially, she thought that she would be able to go as well. Obviously, unless she took Caylee, she must have been relying on someone to take care of her while she was away. I wonder if she had asked her mother to work her vacation around the Puerto Rico dates and if so, did CA perhaps refuse? Could that have also been a source of tension between the two?

I had read in one of Casey's friend's/victim's interviews that Casey used the need for fake saving from the fake job to move into the fake place on her self-obsessed own.....:takeabow::dervish: as a way of getting out of the trip. Cuz that's waaaaaaay simpler than declining because of one's financial picture.

Anyway, I am not convinced Cindy would say--You can't afford it and the idea would be quashed.
I can really see George funding Casey's trip to free up Caylee for him and Granma Cindy to have time with their precious grandchild. Plus it would get Grandma.:thewhip: out of Grandpa's hair.
Or I can see Cindy secretly paying Casey's way to get her out of there without actually having to throw her out as anyone would need a break from that kind of intensely obnixious being and it's a way to be Casey-free while keep up suburbia Norman Rockwell appearances and having albeit temporary hold of Caylee......

I think maybe Casey just could not rip herself away from her love du jour:loser: she could separate from Caylee, yes, no problem, but not from this week's flave.:rolleyes:

jmho doing some thinking:)...

OMG - I am just now listening to CA interview tapes - when she is telling the whole story about the week when Casey was in Tampa with Zani - and about the whole car wreck thing and how Raquel had a broken arm, Zani had a concusion, her lung was punctured, etc...........I firmly believe she was talking about Caylee. I actually have chills. Casey weaves a little truth into these crazy lies she tells. I think she was talking about Caylee's injuries.

What's so sad to me, is knowing that Casey and Cindy both would have raised Caylee to learn that lying and manipulating is the way to get what you want. They both would have eventually twisted and warped that innocent child's mind and spirit.

I know- that's what I keep saying too. Cindy would have had her second chance (at raising a decent daughter)) but it wouldn't have turned out any better because with Cindy's help, her first chance was raising her second.. and it's obvious Cindy hasn't changed her mind on her parenting choices.

That poor baby never had a chance..

What (if anything) do we know about CA's life before June of this year? Has anyone really looked through her personal life, friends, anything .... I am trying to find out where she is from, went to school etc. Maybe some local newspaper archives or something?

What (if anything) do we know about CA's life before June of this year? Has anyone really looked through her personal life, friends, anything .... I am trying to find out where she is from, went to school etc. Maybe some local newspaper archives or something?

Not too much. She's from Ohio. She has three brothers. She was a registered nurse but there was some discussion here as to whether or not she had kept her license active in Florida. There are a few threads discussing her. You might want to try the search function.

Thanks Pink .... I'll give it another whirl.

Not too much. She's from Ohio. She has three brothers. She was a registered nurse but there was some discussion here as to whether or not she had kept her license active in Florida. There are a few threads discussing her. You might want to try the search function.

I have dsl, but the video is constantly buffering, and it's very frustrating, so I'm trying to read through cindy #1, and it's difficult. It's so full of opinionated name calling. I just want the facts maam, and what fits and what doesn't. I'm sorry for the complaint, but I'm only a few pages into cindy #1, and it's already closed now here's this one. I do hope someone tries to curtail all the "gossip" and moves it into an healthier reading. jmo
If this has already been addressed then please forgive this post. I'm only a few pages into cindy #1, like I said.
okay, I'm headed sigh, back to cindy 1. ugh.
Thanks for listening to my rant. I'm sorry.

Using just the part when she is telling them about the week that Casey is in Tampa working and the car accident and Zanny and all the others and the head injury and yada, yada you can see how Cindy’s mind works and reacts.
Cindy goes into great detail about what Casey has told her and despite the best efforts of Detective Yuri he cannot get Cindy to give up on believing Casey. If you listen really closely you can hear the changes in Cindy’s voice when she switches back and forth about which version of Casey she is talking about.
Cindy has two version of Casey. She switches back and forth from Casey as a liar, untrustworthy, selfish, a run a around and a horrible daughter to Casey is a good mother and a caring concerned person who did so much for others, worked hard but always found time to talk to her mother, was a popular, valued friend and loved her little girl. There is a private Casey and a public Casey.
Those two versions of Casey are in effect both true. Casey was to others whatever she thought that they wanted her to be. With her family Casey played a different part than she did with her friends but with Cindy, especially with Cindy Casey was almost two different people.
As far as Cindy is concerned Cindy is the only one allowed to put down Casey or say that Casey is a liar or a bad mother. No one else is allowed. As long as Cindy can keep the private Casey hidden and only show or talk about the public Casey Cindy can keep those two separate versions of Casey apart.

When Cindy goes into all of the details about the week that Casey is suppose to be with Caylee and the Nanny and then the car accident and all of the other lies Cindy is clear headed, strong voiced, helpful, confident in what she is saying, standing up and in authoritive manor. Cindy is in ‘see how much I know about my daughter’ mode Cindy is telling all about the public Casey.
Then right after Cindy gets done telling EE this whole long story and Yuri says to her but you do realize that none off that was real, it never happen, all of those people they don’t exist. Cindy slumps down in the chair, her hands come up around her face, her voice become week. This happens because a little bit of the private Casey is shown. That is not allowed. Yuri is not allowed to speak of the private Casey.
Then Cindy moves right into defensive mode. Casey cannot be portrayed that way. That is my private Casey. So to shield her self from having the private Casey displayed for all to see, Cindy becomes desperate and begins trying to find something, anything one little tiny piece of what Casey told her that is true. Yuri pushes again by showing her documents that prove that these people do not exist.
So Cindy shoves reality back by becoming aggressive to Yuri, changes the subject, points’ fingers at him, the department about what they did or did not do. Reminds him of how much good stuff she has said about him. She is not only trying to convince LE that their version of Casey is wrong but she needs LE to tell her that what Casey has told her is true because then everything will be alright. She can go back to hiding the private Casey and only allowing the officers to see the public Casey.
If Cindy can deflect the overpowering feeling of helplessness and loss of control that having these two separate versions of Casey collide into one version for all of the world to see then Cindy can continue to believe that Caylee is just missing. Caylee is somewhere safe and Caylee will be found and everyone will live happily ever after.

Yuri almost got through to Cindy, almost. The voice cracked, the head went down. The wavering voice, almost a whisper; “Are you looking for a dead Caylee or an alive Caylee.” Cindy’s mind would just not allow her to go there.
Yuri had it right. Get Cindy comfortable and let her go on and on about all of Casey’s stories and let Cindy keep blaming others so this way Cindy will keep skidding into the huge pile of lies on her own. Eventually Cindy will have no choice but to face reality. Yuri can help by letting Cindy ‘discover’ the lies on her own. Have her help him in understanding about this email or that text message but to outright tell her by stacking them all up and ‘throwing’ them at her will not help him in getting through to her. Doing it that way brings up Cindy’s need to hide the private Casey. Cindy needs to back herself in the corner so to speak. Having someone push her there won’t work.
I think I now understand why Cindy thrives on the negativity. The media and the protestors are helping keep Cindy in the false reality. It explains why she keeps going outside with hammers and keeps clashing with the protester and gets into word wars with the media. George and Lee acting the same way is because Cindy will not have it any other way. It gives her a means to shove reality back so she does not have to allow the private Casey to be merged with the public Casey. That is Cindy’s comfort zone. That is what Cindy is familiar with. Cindy wants Caylee found without having to leave that comfort zone.
Cindy does not yet realize the public version of Casey that she has so long promoted and maintained no longer exists and everyone is well aware of the private Casey that Cindy has worked so hard to hide.
The window of Cindy ever coming to terms about Casey may very well have passed. It has been over 90 days since Cindy has seen Caylee. I my opinion I think that even if Cindy has had nothing to do with Caylee’s disappearance or anything to do with covering up what happen unless Cindy’s is shown Caylee’s body nothing is going to make Cindy face reality.

Shadow, this is the truest statement about Cindy I have ever read. You have nailed it!

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Excellent post, shadow. Yuri did an excellent job. I noticed that when he was telling Cindy something she did not want to hear, she began talking, blah, blah over him, almost like if she drowned him out, it would negate what he said, kinda like when u stick your fingers in your ears and sing to drown someone out. Oh my god this whole mess is so pathetic.

Excellent Post!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Please take the time to read Shadows post if you haven't done so already!

You know, when I was watching the video, especially near the end of the 2nd part of the video, I felt so bad for CA. As per the officer's request, she was filling in the details for the dates around June 25, relating the story Casey had told about these dates, the whole tale about being at Hard Rock and then Tampa on business with JL, with Z and later also R babysitting for them there. CA was explaining that she later found out from AH that she, AH, actually had totaled her car during that time frame, so she CA then began wondering if Z was a code name KC had been using for AH. (She also mentioned that the number KC provided as JL's phone number apparently turned out to actually be JP's number. I thought that was interesting, I hadn't heard that piece of info before, and I know I wasn't the only person here wondering at the beginning of this case if JL was a code name for someone else.) CA knew the tale was false now but was concerned to get to the bottom of it and see who really might have been with KC during those dates, and what really happened on those dates, possibly with any of these people? If JL was code for JP, and Z was possibly code for AH, then I begin to wonder, is "R", Z's roommate, code for RM? CA said that later when she'd spoken to AH, AH was also the one who had first mentioned to her about squirrels getting hit by KC's car?

Anyway, as CA and the one officer are filling in the timeline with all of the above, although noting that she now knows it was probably just code names, etc, and you know she's basically saying who knows where the truth lies in it but there could be some bit of useful information in there, YM suddenly interrupts. I like YM in general but I was so disappointed to see how he then got in CA's face, kept holding onto her arms and hands, etc. Kept telling her she wouldn't listen, when in fact he was the one who didn't want to listen, etc. The other officer had asked her for any and all information for the timelines calendar, she was providing all that she had.

The patronizing way YM spoke to her, the way he was scolding her about her having spoken to the media, taking her to task for mistakenly saying they'd left the car sitting there for 2 days when in fact it was less time than that, etc. Basically, it was like he was blaming her and almost like he wanted her to apologize to him!! Her, the grandmother who is living this nightmare, with her little granddaughter missing out there. She was much more tolerant than I would have been. If it had been me I think I would have asked him if he could please move back a few feet and refrain from grasping my arms like that, CA didn't complain though, even as exhausted as she was. I know obviously how much YM had on his plate and still does, but to speak to a suffering family member that way, someone who is in fear for their granddaughter's life and who WANTS to get to the truth, and I felt SO bad for CA and what she was going through there at the end of that 2nd segment of the interview. Having to listen to him and try to placate him when she just wanted to get on with trying to figure out who might know something that could lead them to CMA.

Regarding those dates she was discussing, were the roommates actually in PR or local during those dates? When was it that AH totaled a car? I remember the talk where AH was talking about insurance papers, but I never realized it was about a car that had been totaled.

Like CA I would definitely want to know the LE were very actively investigating every single party who had been around CMA, although all are obviously presumed innocent and everything, but just as a completely normal part of any investigation. I would be extremely upset if any of the LE admitted to me from the get go that they believed CMA was deceased and that therefore everything else was a lie, and whether CMA is alive or deceased, for some reason not to talk any more about any other theories or look into anyone other than KC. I mean, they are totally entitled to their opinion, I know it's based on their experience in the field, but I can't imagine CA's frustration, coupled with a terrible fear of what may already have happened or could be happening to CMA. And the bottom line is, I think she knows that KC won't or can't tell what really happened, that the net needs to be cast further to find all the information. Of course this is my opinion only.

I was glad to see YM bringing Cindy back to reality. Casey's not a sphinx. She's not talking in riddles or code, in my opinion. She's lying. Not a drop of information she has given yielded to anything useful, thus far. Every lead LE has they had to blast for.

I appreciate Cindy's circumstances as much as someone who has not lost a grand child can, but I can see why LE is tired and anxious to help her face facts. Also, she wasn't listening to him. And to me, her demeanor suggested that of a child putting her hands over her ears and singing to keep from hearing something she didn't want to hear. YM struck as good a balance between being soothing and insistant, IMHO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NazmiaWojo
Back