2008.08.01 Cindy Anthony's Interview Audio #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think YM did an excellent job. It was a classic case of playing good cop bad cop. CA kept insisting on what Casey was telling her. They were trying to build a time line of the days that she saw Caylee during those months. She kept going on and on with the lies she's being told by her daughter. He was trying to wake her up. When a child is missing, they need information that's accurate, fast and not all these lies that KC has told. It was so frustrating to me that they let her go on as long as they did. I'm so glad YM stepped in. Just look at the interview after the bond hearing with CA. She was consistently bashing LE and has been for quite some time. CA talks in circles.

The net has been cast further and wider than any of us could possibly know. It just keeps coming back to Casey and her pattern of devious lies.... If Casey would only tell us where Caylee really is, all this pain would end. Jmho.

The patronizing way YM spoke to her, the way he was scolding her about her having spoken to the media, taking her to task for mistakenly saying they'd left the car sitting there for 2 days when in fact it was less time than that, etc. Basically, it was like he was blaming her and almost like he wanted her to apologize to him!! Her, the grandmother who is living this nightmare, with her little granddaughter missing out there. She was much more tolerant than I would have been. If it had been me I think I would have asked him if he could please move back a few feet and refrain from grasping my arms like that, CA didn't complain though, even as exhausted as she was. I know obviously how much YM had on his plate and still does, but to speak to a suffering family member that way, someone who is in fear for their granddaughter's life and who WANTS to get to the truth, and I felt SO bad for CA and what she was going through there at the end of that 2nd segment of the interview. Having to listen to him and try to placate him when she just wanted to get on with trying to figure out who might know something that could lead them to CMA.

Obviously, she DIDN'T want to get to the truth which is the whole gist of what Melich was trying to get to. To get her to open her eyes and remove herself from the minutia of "facts" fed to her from Casey and look at what "Cindy" knows or true facts. And get her to accept some simple truths.
And it IS true she's been going down all kinds of crazy routes with the media and spinning the quest to find Caylee and the truth off track. Which she was successful at which muddied the waters from the get-go and turned this into a circus.

He did everything right in that interview IMO. Trying desperately to get through to a woman who is so clearly resistant to reason.

Since most missing children are found to be abducted by those whom they know, if I was an innocent member of the Anthony family, I would find it odd if I escaped scrutiny. And if a member of my family owned a car that had evidence of human decomposition in it--regardless of whether or not I thought that decomposition was Caylee's--I would find it illogical if that weren't pursued. Even if I thought the smell documented by members of my family was produced by rotting food, I would understand the interest in verifying its source. Common sense.

I respect Cindy's grief, but I don't think it licenses her to lead LE on a merry chase for 2 hours sifting through the stories produced by a well documented liar. Whether or not you believe Caylee is alive, can anybody think it makes any sense, when the clock is ticking on a missing child, to waste valuable time pursuing the leads of a woman incapable of uttering the truth??

I was glad to see YM bringing Cindy back to reality. Casey's not a sphinx. She's not talking in riddles or code, in my opinion. She's lying. Not a drop of information she has given yielded to anything useful, thus far. Every lead LE has they had to blast for.

I appreciate Cindy's circumstances as much as someone who has not lost a grand child can, but I can see why LE is tired and anxious to help her face facts. Also, she wasn't listening to him. And to me, her demeanor suggested that of a child putting her hands over her ears and singing to keep from hearing something she didn't want to hear. YM struck as good a balance between being soothing and insistant, IMHO.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who got that impression. I think Yuri was trying to gently bring her around to facing reality and Cindy was doing her best to ignore the evidence.

You know, when I was watching the video, especially near the end of the 2nd part of the video, I felt so bad for CA. As per the officer's request, she was filling in the details for the dates around June 25, relating the story Casey had told about these dates, the whole tale about being at Hard Rock and then Tampa on business with JL, with Z and later also R babysitting for them there. CA was explaining that she later found out from AH that she, AH, actually had totaled her car during that time frame, so she CA then began wondering if Z was a code name KC had been using for AH. (She also mentioned that the number KC provided as JL's phone number apparently turned out to actually be JP's number. I thought that was interesting, I hadn't heard that piece of info before, and I know I wasn't the only person here wondering at the beginning of this case if JL was a code name for someone else.) CA knew the tale was false now but was concerned to get to the bottom of it and see who really might have been with KC during those dates, and what really happened on those dates, possibly with any of these people? If JL was code for JP, and Z was possibly code for AH, then I begin to wonder, is "R", Z's roommate, code for RM? CA said that later when she'd spoken to AH, AH was also the one who had first mentioned to her about squirrels getting hit by KC's car?

Anyway, as CA and the one officer are filling in the timeline with all of the above, although noting that she now knows it was probably just code names, etc, and you know she's basically saying who knows where the truth lies in it but there could be some bit of useful information in there, YM suddenly interrupts. I like YM in general but I was so disappointed to see how he then got in CA's face, kept holding onto her arms and hands, etc. Kept telling her she wouldn't listen, when in fact he was the one who didn't want to listen, etc. The other officer had asked her for any and all information for the timelines calendar, she was providing all that she had.

The patronizing way YM spoke to her, the way he was scolding her about her having spoken to the media, taking her to task for mistakenly saying they'd left the car sitting there for 2 days when in fact it was less time than that, etc. Basically, it was like he was blaming her and almost like he wanted her to apologize to him!! Her, the grandmother who is living this nightmare, with her little granddaughter missing out there. She was much more tolerant than I would have been. If it had been me I think I would have asked him if he could please move back a few feet and refrain from grasping my arms like that, CA didn't complain though, even as exhausted as she was. I know obviously how much YM had on his plate and still does, but to speak to a suffering family member that way, someone who is in fear for their granddaughter's life and who WANTS to get to the truth, and I felt SO bad for CA and what she was going through there at the end of that 2nd segment of the interview. Having to listen to him and try to placate him when she just wanted to get on with trying to figure out who might know something that could lead them to CMA.

I humbly disagree with this post. As stated by Yuri, so many people have been pulled off other cases and dedicate their entire worktime (and probably offtime) to finding Caylee. Wouldn't you be upset if you were giving everything you could and someone like Cindy comes out with lies to the media? It went from a dead body to pizza. She said the car was left for two days and it was less than 24 hours. She told the media she knew who did it but was waiting for confirmation ... she, in fact, didn't now who did it at all. She's hurting their case, and she's taking away from Caylee.

Instead of apologizing for lying, she gets defensive and starts to try to justify her lies like Casey. I feel bad that Cindy's in this situation, but there's no reason to lie about or to law enforcement, and I think Yuri had every right to be a little upset.

From the 17th of June to the 30th of June LE had interviewed 22 people that I am aware of and that is not including Clint or Annie and I'll bet they are in there some where. Cindy telling them or insinuating that they were not doing enough had to want to make them so mad. And who knows what else was going on that we and the Anthony's are unaware of,she is so afraid they will be one up on the situation and with her having control of most everything she can't stand it.

From the 17th of June to the 30th of June LE had interviewed 22 people that I am aware of and that is not including Clint or Annie and I'll bet they are in there some where. Cindy telling them or insinuating that they were not doing enough had to want to make them so mad. And who knows what else was going on that we and the Anthony's are unaware of,she is so afraid they will be one up on the situation and with her having control of most everything she can't stand it.

Wasn't it also interesting that she had had a "get together"/meeting with all of KC's friends to share information and talk and that she hadn't told LE about it??? Also, that one of those friends gave her a bag full of Caylee's things that KC had left at their place and that she didn't mention that/hand it over to LE and couldn't remember exactly who had given it to her?

What a piece of work!:eek:

IIRC Cindy wanted to say it was the 26th July that they had the friends over and the person that she thought that returned in items,"orange bathing suit, Dora wet suit, and swimmies was Chris.

She said she thought it was someone by the name of Chris but that she wasn't sure. So, your daughter's in prison, your grand-daughter is missing and about 10 days after everything blows up, someone shows up at your house with a bag full of your grand-daughters items (clothes, bathing suit, hairbrush). YOU DON'T CALL LE? You don't tell them until you have an interview with them? She talks so much without thinking that she probably didn't even mean to blurp it out when she did. Yuri was beside himself!

You know, when I was watching the video, especially near the end of the 2nd part of the video, I felt so bad for CA. As per the officer's request, she was filling in the details for the dates around June 25, relating the story Casey had told about these dates, the whole tale about being at Hard Rock and then Tampa on business with JL, with Z and later also R babysitting for them there. CA was explaining that she later found out from AH that she, AH, actually had totaled her car during that time frame, so she CA then began wondering if Z was a code name KC had been using for AH. (She also mentioned that the number KC provided as JL's phone number apparently turned out to actually be JP's number. I thought that was interesting, I hadn't heard that piece of info before, and I know I wasn't the only person here wondering at the beginning of this case if JL was a code name for someone else.) CA knew the tale was false now but was concerned to get to the bottom of it and see who really might have been with KC during those dates, and what really happened on those dates, possibly with any of these people? If JL was code for JP, and Z was possibly code for AH, then I begin to wonder, is "R", Z's roommate, code for RM? CA said that later when she'd spoken to AH, AH was also the one who had first mentioned to her about squirrels getting hit by KC's car?

Anyway, as CA and the one officer are filling in the timeline with all of the above, although noting that she now knows it was probably just code names, etc, and you know she's basically saying who knows where the truth lies in it but there could be some bit of useful information in there, YM suddenly interrupts. I like YM in general but I was so disappointed to see how he then got in CA's face, kept holding onto her arms and hands, etc. Kept telling her she wouldn't listen, when in fact he was the one who didn't want to listen, etc. The other officer had asked her for any and all information for the timelines calendar, she was providing all that she had.

for mistakingly saying the car wasn't looked at for 2 days? Yuri was very gentle with Cindy, he was touching her to let her know he cares, to get her to chill out, to stop lying! Have you ever seen a police interogation before? Because this is not one in any sense! He could have been in her face yelling, calling her a liar, telling her he'd arrest her if she kept lying.

Nothing Cindy has said on the news or in public about this case is a mistake and Yuri knows that. He very gently let her know he was aware of that.

I think YM did an excellent job. It was a classic case of playing good cop bad cop. CA kept insisting on what Casey was telling her. They were trying to build a time line of the days that she saw Caylee during those months. She kept going on and on with the lies she's being told by her daughter. He was trying to wake her up. When a child is missing, they need information that's accurate, fast and not all these lies that KC has told. It was so frustrating to me that they let her go on as long as they did. I'm so glad YM stepped in. Just look at the interview after the bond hearing with CA. She was consistently bashing LE and has been for quite some time. CA talks in circles.

See, I don't even see where people are refering to "good cop bad cop." Yuri and the rest of them in that video were very gentle with Cindy! When I have been involved with Good cop bad cop, things were uugggly!

See, I don't even see where people are refering to "good cop bad cop." Yuri and the rest of them in that video were very gentle with Cindy! When I have been involved with Good cop bad cop, things were uugggly!

:yes:

I don't see good/bad cop either. More like nice/nicer....

jmho:)

IIRC Cindy wanted to say it was the 26th July that they had the friends over and the person that she thought that returned in items,"orange bathing suit, Dora wet suit, and swimmies was Chris.

What happened to the *investigation* the Anthony's said they were conducting ????........*someone* returns key evidence pertaining to Caylee, & CA *forgets* to get their name ?? :(

She said she thought it was someone by the name of Chris but that she wasn't sure. So, your daughter's in prison, your grand-daughter is missing and about 10 days after everything blows up, someone shows up at your house with a bag full of your grand-daughters items (clothes, bathing suit, hairbrush). YOU DON'T CALL LE? You don't tell them until you have an interview with them? She talks so much without thinking that she probably didn't even mean to blurp it out when she did. Yuri was beside himself!

Hey !! I thought the *A-Team* was conducting their own investigation ???

Looks like Names/Dates & Places aren't too important to them??

I guess they staked out/watched some *unknowns* & thats why we haven't had any updates from them.

Originally Posted by seagull65

Obviously, she DIDN'T want to get to the truth which is the whole gist of what Melich was trying to get to. To get her to open her eyes and remove herself from the minutia of "facts" fed to her from Casey and look at what "Cindy" knows or true facts. And get her to accept some simple truths.
And it IS true she's been going down all kinds of crazy routes with the media and spinning the quest to find Caylee and the truth off track. Which she was successful at which muddied the waters from the get-go and turned this into a circus.

He did everything right in that interview IMO. Trying desperately to get through to a woman who is so clearly resistant to reason.

Agreed, 100%, Meagain, and I don't understand why Seagul65 has such a hard time seeing it that way too???? :waitasec:

for mistakingly saying the car wasn't looked at for 2 days? Yuri was very gentle with Cindy, he was touching her to let her know he cares, to get her to chill out, to stop lying! Have you ever seen a police interogation before? Because this is not one in any sense! He could have been in her face yelling, calling her a liar, telling her he'd arrest her if she kept lying.

Nothing Cindy has said on the news or in public about this case is a mistake and Yuri knows that. He very gently let her know he was aware of that.

I agree. He did everything right and was trying to reassure her by holding her hand but she still didn't seem all there to me. She seems in another world like when she talked sometimes it was drawned out. Even when he would look her straight in the eye and say please tell me she would not look at him and say I don't know. I still doubt her still much more than I did GA. I think GA is a good guy trying to understand everything and CA is still up in the air with me. Very questionable.

With all due respect seagull65, Cindy was just repeating Casey's lies. There comes a point when LE has to put a stop to all of it. LE has proof that Casey was not in Tampa with her imaginary friends.

Cindy believes that Amy was the nanny, JP was really Juliet and Ricardo was Raquel. So, how was Casey getting Caylee to and from the nanny when she (Amy) was working on a cruise ship for 6 months? :waitasec: Casey went to school with a Juliet and a Raquel. I believe that is where the names came from.

Come on now seriously, Yuri was nothing but professional and gentle when he spoke to Cindy about her inconsistant statements she has been making. LE is doing their job and will follow the evidence. Cindy does not seem to be able to understand that. That was very apparent the day of the bond hearing. When she said Casey has not committed a crime.

Baez questioning Cindy

Q: Do you think Casey should be released?
A: Absolutely
Q: Why
A: Because she hasn't committed a crime
Q: Well she is accused of lying to police and child neglect. Um, why do you think she should be released?
A: Because she hasn't committed a crime. She needs to be home with her family.

<snipped>

Q: Do you have anything else you want to tell Judge Strickland, as to why he should release Casey today?
A: Casey hasn't done anything...there's no evidence that Casey has done anything. Casey is a good mom.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/MyFox/pages/sidebar_video.jsp?contentId=7039126&version=1&locale=EN-US

im wondering how anyone knows that cindy really believed that she wasnt pregnant?.. imho cindy knew she just denied it to everyone . just because she said she believed her doesnt mean she did . i think cindy knows exactly what casey is all about . and blames herself for it . that is why she is helping her now .. at the expense of caylee :(and i beleive in cindy is incredibly torn about that .. she equally loves her daughter and caylee ..

ITA!!!!!!!!!! Just because Cindy told relatives Casey was not pregnant doesn't mean she believed it as well as a nurse. And as a common sense human being - let alone a nurse - she would have been TERRIFIED if her daughter was growing a tumor in her belly. That is not your typical ''female problems''.

I think one of Cindy's personality traits is her need to control how others and family see HER and HER family. In such degree, that even great-grandmother said Cindy was refusing to go into much detail about her relationship with Casey and what Casey was doing and she would grow irritated if she was pushed on the issue. APPEARANCES are important to controlling people. Really important.

After watching the video of CA talking to YM I have to come to the conclusion that CA is bonkers. Seriously, she rattled on and on and on just like KC. And this story about the car accident, did she really believe this story when it was told to her. I mean come on, did she believe that KC had a job all this time? Also, I think it is very interesting that when she is brought to task and questioned about thinks she says to the media, she goes off on another tangent, and start blaming LE.

I mean I understand that she is a grandmother going thru pain right now, but just like another poster said that does not mean that you lie. She told the media that it LE 2 days to pick up the car as a way to justify that the car was not evidence. I have seen her tell the media that maybe someone put a body in the car at the tow yard and that the press needs to talk to the tow yard about its security. WTF...

Ok, I have been torn between CA is in denial or if she is covering for KC. I actually think that she is just bonkers. Parents out there tell me if a daughter lived with you and you took care of their kid that you would think for 2 years that she had a job that she didn't have? I mean what is going on in this house?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back