2008.09.08 Anthony L. Interview ***REVISITED***

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Re-listening to the conversation......

TonE says: "Or like, like when I talked to her when I was in New York she was outside of Amy’s house. So I was never able to like hear anybody in the background of, of the phone. I’ve never heard anybody in the background of our phone conversations."

Does anyone else find this weird?? Even the night of the 15th when they talked all evening and into the night (pillow talk as he calls it), he never heard anyone in the background?

I just am not up to another one of these confusing, interrupted interviews at the moment, but shall go listen to it later. Meanwhile though, why is the top/dress, or whatever it may be, hooked over a 2x4?? Looks like someone had deliberately hung it up on a board, which subsequently fell down. Surely an odd way to hang anything up, and if it were moved from it's original place of being 'hung up' like that, surely it would fall off the board, or the person moving it would take it off the board and move it to where they wanted it before placing it back on the board and hanging it up again. So I am inclined to think this item belonged to some homeless person camping out in the park, and they had made a make shift place to store their clothes.. a board wedged between two trees or something to that effect.

If this was found in the park

I just am not up to another one of these confusing, interrupted interviews at the moment, but shall go listen to it later. Meanwhile though, why is the top/dress, or whatever it may be, hooked over a 2x4?? Looks like someone had deliberately hung it up on a board, which subsequently fell down. Surely an odd way to hang anything up, and if it were moved from it's original place of being 'hung up' like that, surely it would fall off the board, or the person moving it would take it off the board and move it to where they wanted it before placing it back on the board and hanging it up again. So I am inclined to think this item belonged to some homeless person camping out in the park, and they had made a make shift place to store their clothes.. a board wedged between two trees or something to that effect.

If this was found in the park

To me, it looks like the person that found it is using the board to stretch out the shirt to take the photo. I don't think it was found hanging up.

I think there are different times throughout the interview where they turn off the recording device. I tend to think LE may have been using their hands as signals for him to STFU and then continued the conversation after the recording device was shut off.

These interviews have to be released to the public, have to be handed over to the defense. If there are no specifics, no recording of the discussion- they don't have to worry about "handing over" the interviews and giving JoseB the heads up as to the exact nature of the evidence they have on Casey any sooner then they absolutely have to. seems logical to me.

In my experience, the turning off and on of a recording device during an official police interview is a no-no. They leave the tape on continuously to show no interruption of tape/interview. Hence, no coaching/coercion by law enforcement. Thats why sometimes you hear the Detectives talking about other things. The integrity of the interview/tape must be maintained. Otherwise a good defense atty can say hey, the tape was stopped and started...they cut and pasted my clients words...thats not what he said. The tape has been altered.

May very well be true, IB, but I searched the board hi 'n lo for discussion of Tony's comments regarding the dress and there isn't any. That's why I started the thread. Some may have read it and just assumed a thread had been started.

He mentions skipping school in an earlier interview. This one goes into more detail.

Glad you did, JWG! Seems to me, tho, I remember hearing the interveiw and did not find the PDF's until you pointed them out.

I think I blew past it for the same reason is that I thought there was already a discussion on it.

Kudos to you for bringing it to the forefront.

Yes, these officers seem in need of interview practice. Either that or, as others have suggested, they don't want certain topics on tape.

In my experience, the turning off and on of a recording device during an official police interview is a no-no. They leave the tape on continuously to show no interruption of tape/interview. Hence, no coaching/coercion by law enforcement. Thats why sometimes you hear the Detectives talking about other things. The integrity of the interview/tape must be maintained. Otherwise a good defense atty can say hey, the tape was stopped and started...they cut and pasted my clients words...thats not what he said. The tape has been altered.

It depends on what the recording in fact is.

If it is an official sworn statement from the witness, then yes stopping and starting is absolutely allowed and is not an issue. The witness can stop start pause collect his thoughts, pause to ask questions off the record, etc. This is his or her official statement, the same thing that is traditionally written out, just in their own words, which adds a greater depth to it. Any insinuations about coaching or coercion by LE are grossly inappropriate without some strong evidence to back them up. LE are officers of the state and the court.

Now if the tape is a record of exactly what occured in an interogation room, ie a security video or similar, then it is a diferent matter. But that gets into some areas of privacy and whether or not such media would legally be available to the defense.

Ok.. still reading the PDF. There is more information in the PDF than even the audio that I heard the first of April...

On July 20th, Tony opens a tab at Fusion but has to close it at the end of the night with money he makes. He made the mistake of telling Casey to get a couple of drinks. She charged 60 dollars and he was pissed. He started to say he scolded her. She was drunk that night.
"... like really drunk converstations she would speak how she's going to be a singer. How she could be a singer. Or the,(inaudible) , but she said she was going to, she's like, "You don't even know I can sing. I can sign so good." And I'm like, "What are you talking about?" It was more of just like me trying to get her to go to sleep and shut her up.....and her just babbling."

YM: This is after you guys left?
TL: Yeah, well after...
YM: Alright
TL: I brough her back to the uhm, we came back to my place and she was drunk.

Basically, Tony tells them it was just random drunk talk. LE was trying to probe to see if she normally got drunk and how much...

YM: ..how drunk would she get? Is it like...
TL: That was the night, that was the only night that she got, she got drunk really.
YM: That's the only...
TL: Other than that she was, she was , but I mean she had a couple beers...

It depends on what the recording in fact is.

I. Any insinuations about coaching or coercion by LE are grossly inappropriate without some strong evidence to back them up. LE are officers of the state and the court.

I hope you are not implying that I am insinuating any coersion by LE. I stated that is what a defense atty can insinuate. And yes a tape can be stopped and started, but the time off and time on is always noted to account for lapses in the intervieew process and to show the taped was not altered.

Re-listening to the conversation......

TonE says: "Or like, like when I talked to her when I was in New York she was outside of Amy’s house. So I was never able to like hear anybody in the background of, of the phone. I’ve never heard anybody in the background of our phone conversations."

Does anyone else find this weird?? Even the night of the 15th when they talked all evening and into the night (pillow talk as he calls it), he never heard anyone in the background?
I found it weird too, you would think that he would have heard Caylee's voice @ some point...before June 16th. Maybe he was thinking more of the past month they were together. I was not real impressed w/ his memory, in all of the long phone calls, especially on the night of June 15th, he doesn't remember a thing that was said. I am hoping he remembers more and it is in a separate interview.

Ok.. still reading the PDF. There is more information in the PDF than even the audio that I heard the first of April...

On July 20th, Tony opens a tab at Fusion but has to close it at the end of the night with money he makes. He made the mistake of telling Casey to get a couple of drinks. She charged 60 dollars and he was pissed. He started to say he scolded her. She was drunk that night.
"... like really drunk converstations she would speak how she's going to be a singer. How she could be a singer. Or the,(inaudible) , but she said she was going to, she's like, "You don't even know I can sing. I can sign so good." And I'm like, "What are you talking about?" It was more of just like me trying to get her to go to sleep and shut her up.....and her just babbling."

YM: This is after you guys left?
TL: Yeah, well after...
YM: Alright
TL: I brough her back to the uhm, we came back to my place and she was drunk.

Basically, Tony tells them it was just random drunk talk. LE was trying to probe to see if she normally got drunk and how much...

YM: ..how drunk would she get? Is it like...
TL: That was the night, that was the only night that she got, she got drunk really.
YM: That's the only...
TL: Other than that she was, she was , but I mean she had a couple beers...

That sequence was pretty interesting. He mentions that she ran up $60 on the bar tab that he had to pay and it pissed him off - he scolded her about it. Also, some of the drunk talk centered around her desire to be a singer. :rolleyes:

Thank you JWG! Wow! Here is another "tidbit" that I do not ever recall having read:

YM:
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Alright. [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial]
[/FONT]EE:

[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]That is in fact, surveillance video from the JC Penny on the 27th where… [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial]
[/FONT]TL:

[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Right. [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial]
[/FONT]EE:

[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Where grandma’s card was used. [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial]
[/FONT]TL: [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Okay.[/FONT][/FONT]

Page 12 of 76 @ this link: http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Lazaro Tony.090808.pdf

They had surveliance video of her in Penny's using her mom's card...so they KNOW what she bought that day...

Reading on...
[FONT=Arial,Arial]
[/FONT]

Does it sound like, during the interview, that they have them both on surveillance because they ask him to identify himself and her and for him to sign? And this was all on the 27th sometime after he picked her up? Same link - end of page 12 and then top of page 13.
Also, this surveillance video has not been released that I know of - and why not? Perhaps they know exactly what she bought?

That sequence was pretty interesting. He mentions that she ran up $60 on the bar tab that he had to pay and it pissed him off - he scolded her about it. Also, some of the drunk talk centered around her desire to be a singer. :rolleyes:

after the memorial I guess one could say like daughter like mother....:waitasec::crazy:

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Lazaro Tony.090808.pdf
sniped
"TL: It was just, it was just, it was a three bedroom house just for me and two other guys. I never planned on, I mean (inaudible) the fact that she put in her statement that she was looking at a house with me.
YM: Yeah (affirmative).
TL: We never had any, there was no her…"

snipped page 27
"EE: Why would she have this posted on her photo bucket?
TL: Because she wanted to be a part of the uh….
EE: Just sign it.
TL: Yeah (affirmative). She wanted to think that she was a part of uh, DBC and helping out. And….
EE: Like a promoter?
TL: Yeah (affirmative). But she, so she tried pro….well she would as a, I guess as my girlfriend, would help me promote for what I did."

IMO She truly is a pathetic soul.
She wanted be whatever her man of the moment was.
He's looking for an apartment with 2 other guys, she turns that into she and he are looking for an apartment together, all the while still stringing along the story that she was getting her parents home and she and Amy were moving in together.

She clings to TL's life and DBC, she wanted to be part of that company.
IMO This girl had nothing to claim as her own (aside from her daughter, who at this point was no longer alive),
Like most young people who get jobs, or attend University they are striving for a life for themselves, She cheated herself out of a decent life and definitely cheated Caylee out of having any sort of life.IMHO

Also, many people have said that the car was parked perfectly between the lines at Amscot, so it couldn't have been pushed into the spot. But Tony says it was parked "cockeyed," "like somebody pushed it in."

Or she parked it like that to further her, car broke down and 2 guys helped me push it here story.

IMO, this is why she was circling around that area so much right before she parked it at Amscot (according to NG and pings). She was trying to use up the gas she had put into it 4 days ago to have an excuse to leave it somewhere.

FWIW...the rate of fuel consumption for an engine slightly larger than the one in the Pontiac @ idle is ~0.2 gallons/hour.

Consider that, per pings, Casey arrived in the area of Amscot NO SOONER than 11:40AM on her way back to Tony's from G&C's, and 7 minutes later placed the distress call to Tony to come pick her up. 7 minutes....that's 420 seconds. By 12:25PM Tony had picked her up and she was pinging back near his apt.

IOW...if Casey "circled"...it must've been WALKING :run: in a circle in the Amscot parking lot while she waited for Tony to arrive :bang:...pings don't support any 'circling'.

Casey wanted to 'circle' from Tony's apt.=>G&C's=>Tony's apt. But didn't quite get far enough. See detailed post a couple pages back regarding Casey really running outta gas as the laws of physics dictated she should.

I know NG & LP are pushing the "circling" thing. I'm just trying to minimize peeps from being victimized again by that mis-information. There is no basis in fact for the 'circling' claim...to the contrary...the facts indicate anything other than pedestrian-type 'circling' to be highly improbable, IMHO. Besides...there's plenty of other mis-information to be victimized by anyway :rolleyes:

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Lazaro Tony.090808.pdf
sniped
"TL: It was just, it was just, it was a three bedroom house just for me and two other guys. I never planned on, I mean (inaudible) the fact that she put in her statement that she was looking at a house with me.
YM: Yeah (affirmative).
TL: We never had any, there was no her…"

snipped page 27
"EE: Why would she have this posted on her photo bucket?
TL: Because she wanted to be a part of the uh….
EE: Just sign it.
TL: Yeah (affirmative). She wanted to think that she was a part of uh, DBC and helping out. And….
EE: Like a promoter?
TL: Yeah (affirmative). But she, so she tried pro….well she would as a, I guess as my girlfriend, would help me promote for what I did."

IMO She truly is a pathetic soul.
She wanted be whatever her man of the moment was.
He's looking for an apartment with 2 other guys, she turns into she and he are looking for an apartment together, all the while still stringing along the story that she was getting her parents home and she and Amy were moving in together.

She clings to TL and DBC, she wanted to be part of that company, why? IMO because she had NOTHING,

BBM

Maybe nothing material, but she had the greatest gift in the world....a beautiful little girl. Too bad she didn't put as much effort into Caylee as she did with all of her men. She may have been surprised at the outcome if she had...IMO.

Does it sound like, during the interview, that they have them both on surveillance because they ask him to identify himself and her and for him to sign? And this was all on the 27th sometime after he picked her up? Same link - end of page 12 and then top of page 13.
Also, this surveillance video has not been released that I know of - and why not? Perhaps they know exactly what she bought?

I read the interview and if I remember correctly Tony states that she bought a pair of high heeled shoes to wear to Fusion that night. I'll go look for it again, but I'm pretty sure that's what she bought on the 27th. Kind of funny, isn't it? We were all thinking about crosses and duffle bags and pooh blankets, and it appears that it was dancing shoes!!:rolleyes:

ETA - Ok, here's the snippet of the interview where TL describes the purchase of the shoes:

"EE: That is in fact, surveillance video from the JC Penny on the 27th where…
TL: Right.
EE: Where grandma’s card was used.
TL: Okay.
EE: You had said you thought she used…
TL: I do remember, I….
EE: …grandmas card about…
TL: I….
EE: ….nine times or whatever.
TL: I do remember her just buying something for, to wear to Fusion that night.
EE: Okay. What, do you remember what she bought?
TL: I think she bought shoes.
EE: Shoes?
TL: Like heels."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member