2009.02.19 Nancy Grace, Thurs.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I felt she was saying this in a sarcastic way.."whoever took her put her in FRESH CLEAN CLOTHES"....
I definitely took it as sarcasm too, or just plain unbelief that the perp would take the time to re-dress Haleigh before getting her out of the house. It doesn't make sense, imo.

Question: I live in Texas and not all that familiar with Florida weather, is it warm enough there to live in a tent, especially during the night, our nights here in west Texas are 35 to 45 degrees, could not stay in a tent.

well recently it has been 50's or 60's @ CocoaBeach. The night in question 2/9 was a full moon extremely clear and bright and still temps in the 40's Thing about this time of year is it can be 30 degrees on Tuesday night and be 82 on Thursday afternoon. very sudden changes that seem to change often. If a tent was all I had, I could easily do it. It would not be like in a house, though. I think daddy originally just wanted to be by himself but it seems that the family has created a *camp* with all kinds of activity. Not all those family members are gonna roll over and accept whatever daddy says though> IMO.

I definitely took it as sarcasm too, or just plain unbelief that the perp would take the time to re-dress Haleigh before getting her out of the house. It doesn't make sense, imo.

It kind of goes towards MC not being there and having no clue what Haleigh was wearing.

. .. .AND PASS THE AMMUNITION lol

Hi Not_my_kids. I read the police took Mistyv over to the trailer on Monday to take a look-see, and she found it then. xox

That is what I remember also. Must have been when all of the activity was going on over at the house the other afternoon. The shirt was in a 'dirty clothes pile' near the back door.

That makes sense. I am only half hearing the show. I have a very sugared up kid right now. Of course I'm not sugared up, because Mommy's never eat too much sugar...never. :crazy:

Just noted your sig and wanted to wish your son a very :birthday_party:

Well at this time, they are victims, so I am sure the victims funds can help a little... This money comes from anyone who gets in trouble with the law... they pay a small amount to a victims assistance fund, which is used for things like this... That's how it is where I live anyway.

Thanks Lolype, I'm imagining how traumatic that would be for these kids, that with everything else going on with Haleigh being taken, they have to worry about money. I hope they don't have to worry, even for buying essentials.

I have a problem with his angry outburst, that tells me he is prone to violence and using the b*tch work against his girlfriend tells me he has a lack of respect towards women, to him we are perhaps second class citizens, very much the macho attitude, didn't his ex wife or her mom refer to him as controlling???

I wouldn't judge Ron by his anger during the 911 call. I'm sure he was frantic over Haleigh missing and didn't see the necessity of all of the questions the dispatcher was asking him. He just wanted someone to get out there and help find his daughter. I might have even said that if I caught up with the person who took my child I would kill them and go to prison for it.

As far as Ron swearing at Misty or about her I think he was probably just lashing out because she was the one who was supposed to be responsible for his daughter and someone took her out of the house. The guy was scared to death and knew what an abduction can lead to. I wouldn't judge Ron's behavior every day on his behavior when he discovered Haleigh was missing.
Anger is a cover for fear a lot of the time and that guy was frantic and worried to death.

Did anyone notice RC's wording (Haleigh's case) when he made his plea to bring Haleigh back? He said something to the affect:She is not property, she is not yours. I know he said he didn't have a fight over a gun?? but it sounded like he was talking to someone that had maybe tried to take something from him previously. MHO/ Does anyone believe he suspects the person who took his gun, if that happened, as also taking Haleigh?

My only "judgement" of Ron during his 911 call was his complete lack of respect for Misty.

Calling her names? REALLY immature.

Regardless of his high emotions at the time, his treatment of Misty during that short period of time was completely uncalled for and inappropriate verbal abuse.

I really feel for him, believe me. But I don't give him a bye for this one.

Did anyone notice RC's wording (Haleigh's case) when he made his plea to bring Haleigh back? He said something to the affect:She is not property, she is not yours. I know he said he didn't have a fight over a gun?? but it sounded like he was talking to someone that had maybe tried to take something from him previously. MHO/ Does anyone believe he suspects the person who took his gun, if that happened, as also taking Haleigh?

Didn't RC say @ the presser today "no fight, no gun, no cousin" or something like that?

That is what I remember also. Must have been when all of the activity was going on over at the house the other afternoon. The shirt was in a 'dirty clothes pile' near the back door.
I'm just wondering if it's possible Misty normally had to change Haleigh's clothes during the night? giving her the benefit of the doubt that she just forgot what Haleigh had on, remembering only the pink shirt from earlier that night? :waitasec: MOO

I wouldn't judge Ron by his anger during the 911 call. I'm sure he was frantic over Haleigh missing and didn't see the necessity of all of the questions the dispatcher was asking him. He just wanted someone to get out there and help find his daughter. I might have even said that if I caught up with the person who took my child I would kill them and go to prison for it.

As far as Ron swearing at Misty or about her I think he was probably just lashing out because she was the one who was supposed to be responsible for his daughter and someone took her out of the house. The guy was scared to death and knew what an abduction can lead to. I wouldn't judge Ron's behavior every day on his behavior when he discovered Haleigh was missing.
Anger is a cover for fear a lot of the time and that guy was frantic and worried to death.

I think he was just beside himself with worry. I also think (MHO)this kind of language may be second nature for him everyday. Remember he has previous history with drug charges,and probably has in the past had this language before.

well recently it has been 50's or 60's @ CocoaBeach. The night in question 2/9 was a full moon extremely clear and bright and still temps in the 40's Thing about this time of year is it can be 30 degrees on Tuesday night and be 82 on Thursday afternoon. very sudden changes that seem to change often. If a tent was all I had, I could easily do it. It would not be like in a house, though. I think daddy originally just wanted to be by himself but it seems that the family has created a *camp* with all kinds of activity. Not all those family members are gonna roll over and accept whatever daddy says though> IMO.

At the press conference today they showed those propane heaters that someone had donated, they even had a flat screen tv in there to keep up on the news.

I think he was just beside himself with worry. I also think (MHO)this kind of language may be second nature for him everyday. Remember he has previous history with drug charges,and probably has in the past had this language before.
I tend to agree with you on this. At first I was appalled that he'd be talking to the 911 operator that way but the more I learn , it could just be the way he talks all the time. The one part of the call I can understand is his anger toward Misty since she was the one who was supposed to be looking after the children. MOO

I'm just wondering if it's possible Misty normally had to change Haleigh's clothes during the night? giving her the benefit of the doubt that she just forgot what Haleigh had on, remembering only the pink shirt from earlier that night? :waitasec: MOO

IIRC Misty said Haleigh wet the bed...not sure if this was a nightly occurrence but (again IIRC) bio-mom said Haleigh didn't wet the bed at her house. I should probably try to find a link to this...sorry!

Well,Mom's not the one to be talking about drugs,saw her dried pot plants hanging up.

I agree. You can see all this on her myspace. I think MC was stoned on pot. That is why she can't get it together about that night. I am starting to think she didn't leave at all. Just put kids to bed. Smoked some pot and passed out. JMO

I agree. You can see all this on her myspace. I think MC was stoned on pot. That is why she can't get it together about that night. I am starting to think she didn't leave at all. Just put kids to bed. Smoked some pot and passed out. JMO

That's a possibility. I wonder if LE had her drug tested.

I agree Bobbi's angel. Swearing isn't part of my daily but let's say I left my kids with my sister and then one turned up missing - you can bet your last dollar I would be the same way!!!

That's a possibility. I wonder if LE had her drug tested.

I'm not certain. I was on the phone with the FBI this week on the Dominick A case. I had asked about drug testing the mother on the scene and she didn't think that was routine - off the bat -- at this point who knows though. Then again this was an agent taking phone calls. (reason asked: suspicious mother was on drugs)

The more I have looked at myspace pictures. I really believe MC smokes pot. Just as CS does (well you would think she does by all the pot pics in on her MS) And I am becoming more and more convinced of this. Pot makes people tired. It can also cloud one's memory and judgement. She seemed a little slow on the transcripts of the 911 call. My guess this was the problem with her story. I know if I drink a bottle of wine with my girlfriends, I can't remember all that was talked about in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor