2009.03.19 Nancy Grace

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just find it astounding that anyone would even question why a child abuse investigation should not be done in any missing child case. It seems to me that people are getting all upset one is being done. It should be mandatory in any case where a child is missing. :waitasec:

All I am seem to hear is that LE is wasting their time and resources on a child abuse investigation! I am 100% in favor of this investigation. No one can say that Haleigh was or wasn't abused until the investigation is completed. :eek:

NG has sunk to a new low, IMO.

I don't think it was NG that sunk to a new low, I think it was CS's attorney. If she would have gone about her business without airing it on national TV and every media outlet she could get to quote her, there wouldn't be such a ruckus.

Personally, I have no problem with the investigation if the true intent is to get additional info on what happened to Haleigh. At this point I am so frustrated and tired of LE saying they have NO clues! It is mind boggling. How can they have no clues? So for those reasons, I don't mind the investigation. BUT I do mind that this attorney is airing this on TV. It is BS, has already been looked into and dealt with by DCF and, as far as I am concerned, Jr is much better off with RC and his family at this point in time as evidenced by CS's extreme irresponsibility of putting that child on TV and indicating that the child could identify the perp! There is no excuse for that, none, nada, zip, zilch......:mad::mad:

Salem

ps - those mad faces are for CS, not for you :blowkiss:

Where is the second alleged incident? This is all related to the single incident at school. By the 12th, her condition appeared to have worsened because of the eyes looking blackened and Ronald wanted her checked out. This is when they decided the Doctor should do a CAT scan. There was no sign of internal injuries caused by the fall. I would have to assume by the 16th she was doing much better or she would not have been at Crystal's. The injury sustained at school is the same injury as depicted in the photos at a different stage in healing. The school has verified this. The attorney is barking up the wrong tree and trumping up a school incident to further her agenda. Wrong on so many, many levels!

lol, this is why I want to read the doctors report on 11-6. I've had some pretty major injuries, my kids as well, and I have to say the pics six days later, IMO, look worse than they should have been if you go by what the school reported. But then there is the affect of a compromised immune system on healing. So who knows at this point. However, I can say I feel a bit of relief that people who do know about these things will be looking into this.

I need to ask something though, aren't you the slightest bit worried that RJ is living with a stepmom who might also be a murderer? IMO, at least that should be taken into consideration. It has been in other cases. Brad Cooper's kids is one I can think of.

Here's my problem with CS. I don't care if she has a 10th grade education or a Master's from Harvard. As a mother, if she honestly thought that the bruising on Haleigh's face happened due to abuse by Ronald, there is no way she would have sent her back. Any mother worth be called a mother would not suspect that her children were being beaten and stand by for months on end and not do anything. And don't tell, well she did report it. Again, a good mother that honestly thought her children were in harms way, would beat down every door in town to get someone to listen immediately and not sit back and not let months go by. IMO, if these allegations were to turn out to be true, then she is just as guilty as Ron would be for standing by and letting it continue.

There were numerous photos on that link...but, yes, mostly of JR.

There are reasons why people don't report abuse...many times it's as simple as they feel no one will believe them. Unfortunately, many judges view these "tales" by the noncustodial parent as sour grapes. This is unfortunate IMO. If these allegations have merit, they will be pursued. I hope CS's attorney has proof to back them up...otherwise I'm afraid she's put CS in a very bad position.

As far as I am concerned, the ship sailed as it has already been determined this was a false claim on Crystal's part!!! Instead of this Attorney trying to capitalize on it...she should be trying to save Crystal's character now because it makes her look even worse than she did before! I can't wait until the judge hears about this carp going on national television and the way they have trashed the father publically with false accusations. I hope Crystal never sees Rj again without supervision and IF/WHEN Haleigh returns...she should not be subjected to her either! Playing mind games with her children and making false accusations against their father is abuse of the worst kind.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:​

From what I gathered here from people in the area there are those that are not related. Trying to keep an open mind.

:highfive:
:gold_star::star2::balloons::star2::gold_star:

Here's my problem with CS. I don't care if she has a 10th grade education or a Master's from Harvard. As a mother, if she honestly thought that the bruising on Haleigh's face happened due to abuse by Ronald, there is no way she would have sent her back. Any mother worth be called a mother would not suspect that her children were being beaten and stand by for months on end and not do anything. And don't tell, well she did report it. Again, a good mother that honestly thought her children were in harms way, would beat down every door in town to get someone to listen immediately and not sit back and not let months go by. IMO, if these allegations were to turn out to be true, then she is just as guilty as Ron would be for standing by and letting it continue.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3482236&postcount=336

and RR0004's replies too. (eta and others! :thumb:)

(I'm still on the fence about all this, but some of these bold judgments and other messages sent here are exactly why I had to find safe houses for women and their children who had waited until it was almost too late to reach out for help. It's disturbing to see it here. IMO :( )

Obviously that is why it was photographed and reported!! She's said Ron used to beat her, so I would guess she was probably afraid of him - so not taking the kids back probably wasn't an option (not to mention the legal ramifications). She did what she could legally do. Perhaps she didn't have the money to hire an attorney to try to regain custody - and there wasn't anyone willing then to do it for free?

And if she had been battered, too? Do you know what that does to the psyche? It takes years and a whole lot of therapy to recover from that. I know it may sound cliche, but if she was battered herself, she no doubt felt completely powerless. JMO

Even battered women protect their children. Battered or not, no mother worth being called mother, would send their child back to a person that they suspected was savagely beating their child.

My own mother was a battered woman but she never allowed the physical abuse to spill over on to her children. She may have been crazy to stay and take the abuse but she never let her children be abused.

She was not living with Ronald. She had no reason to fill powerless. She obviously had no problem calling DCFS.

Mama bears ALWAYS protect their cubs no matter what.

I'm not ready to shut this down in Ron's favor. CS's lawyer said that she had other people tell her that the children were being abused... am I right? She said this on Nancy Grace from Wednesday night, if I recall correctly. It's not just Crystal saying it...

I don't understand Nancy's nastiness... :( I don't understand why CS's lawyer is putting up with it. I'd shut Nancy down and walk away from it... CS's lawyer is letting Nancy play judge and it isn't helping her case. (just now seeing this in Hawaii... way behind yall... sorry)

I agree! Child services is investigating and if they don't find much to prove, then Crystal can still take it all to court in a custody hearing. I can't see how it's taking LE's focus off finding Haleigh at all. IMO, Crystal has enough already to win custody. A little girl was taken, there's many inconsistencies in the story, and Crystal seems to have lots of witnesses who have told her things. NG has definitely sunk low. There's still a little boy around right now who needs to be taken care of. The child's mother is lots better to be raising him than a teenager who can't get her story straight.
Though I can't put my finger on exactly why I feel this way, MC scares me.

Even battered women protect their children. Battered or not, no mother worth being called mother, would send their child back to a person that they suspected was savagely beating their child.

My own mother was a battered woman but she never allowed the physical abuse to spill over on to her children. She may have been crazy to stay and take the abuse but she never let her children be abused.

1. When Crystal left Ron (because of alleged abuse) she took her kids!!!!!!!
2. She let Ron have visitation, and he abducted them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3. For some reason he wasn't arrested?? I suspect he threatened Crystals life or something of the sort. Crystal probably assumed the judge would return the children. I think she tried to do it legally.
4. Crystal has stated that when she and Ron were living together he did not take care of the children, thus he didn't abuse them only her - so she didn't let him abuse her children.
5. Crystal's attorney did bring up the physical abuse in the custody hearing.
6. Ron lived with his mother until last summer, so I am taking a leap and theorizing that he never really had to care for or discipline them until that time, his mother and grandmother probably did that.
7. The allegations made by CS about abuse have been fairly recent, well since Ron & kids have been living on their own anyhow, but especially since NOV, which is right when Misty moved in.

I don't understand Nancy's nastiness... :( I don't understand why CS's lawyer is putting up with it. I'd shut Nancy down and walk away from it... CS's lawyer is letting Nancy play judge and it isn't helping her case. (just now seeing this in Hawaii... way behind yall... sorry)
Hawaii? You really know how to hurt a gal!! LOL

NG is always nasty LOL. I hope CS's lawyer does walk away and takes this issue back to DCF and LE where it belongs and gets it off the TV. I hope. I am currently leaning towards the opinion that this lawyer is helping CS because it might make her famous - and I think that is really sad. However, if this lawyer were to buck up and act like a real lawyer and get this out of the headlines, then I will just think that she unknowingly got caught in the crosswires.

Guess I'll have to wait and see what tomorrow brings, but I'm crossing my fingers :)

Salem

I think it's too late to help sweet little Haleigh.....moo

IMO, she did from day 1.
A 17 yr old cried abduction and LE plowed full speed ahead toward a perp, rather than start from within the home(like usual cases) and work out. I am sure they did both to an extent, but in my opinion it took them a while to realize that maybe Misty was not just some young scared girl. Had the 911 call come from an adult woman this much time would not have gone by for them to realize that she holds the key to Haleighs disappearance. I think that LE, as well as many people on this thread who still do, mistook Mistys adolescence to be the reason for her inconsistencies, when in fact she is a street smart girl that has proven to have lived a very fast life in a very short time.. and that she, in fact, could be capable of a crime or impeding an investigation of a crime intentionally.
JMOO as usual

You had me spellbound with that opening sentence Gypsyblue ~ give it a bit of time and we'll all be buying your first editions! ;}

I agree with everything except at this point I am not sure about premeditation. I've heard her being docile on TV and read her 'hard' side. I know she is still a child, but I also know she has been imprinted by her subculture and has drifted the way she wants to go. Blacks in Harlem escape the mire and lead successful lives. Anyone can if they have a dream.

She might have felt competition with Haleigh for Ron's affection. I don't think it would have risen to a murder.

I think Haleigh died by accident. The rub is I think there was a major reason the death had to be covered up. And Misty couldn't let the knowledge of that screw up what she wanted in life. The threat of that was too much for her to deal with. And I think they will have to prove scene by scene what happened. She will never confess IMO.

NG just challenged CS's attorney about the photo with the scrapes on Haleigh's nose, saying she had the school report and it happened at school. Attorney said but she had "more" injuries on the 16 (when CS got her) than is on the school report on the 6h. But NG wasn't havin' it.

I think the doctor on Nancy's show made a lot of sense when he said that the injuries from the fall from the monkey bars caused the cut on her nose and then followed the black eye. It is unlikely that the dad would have hit her in the same exact places on her face.

I wonder what was under the monkey bars...dirt, grass, gravel? At our beautiful park in town and the park at the library there is pea gravel under the play equipment. Monkey bars are usually fairly high when compared with the height of a 5 yr old child. If a child takes a plunge from the monkey bars I would say the could mess their face up pretty good along with getting a black eye.

Where is the second alleged incident? This is all related to the single incident at school. By the 12th, her condition appeared to have worsened because of the eyes looking blackened and Ronald wanted her checked out. This is when they decided the Doctor should do a CAT scan. There was no sign of internal injuries caused by the fall. I would have to assume by the 16th she was doing much better or she would not have been at Crystal's. The injury sustained at school is the same injury as depicted in the photos at a different stage in healing. The school has verified this. The attorney is barking up the wrong tree and trumping up a school incident to further her agenda. Wrong on so many, many levels!

My son fell off a teeter totter when he was three. He landed on his face and got a nasty cut on his nose and a wicked "road rash" from the small pebbles that were under the playground equipment. (way back before playgrounds starting using cedar or recycled tires etc.....). I took him straight away to the doctor, he checked him over, cleaned him up, butterflied the cut on the nose and declared him healed.

The next morning he woke up with two black eyes he didn't go to bed with. I remember freaking out and rushing him to back the doctor who walked in the room, took one look at my son, took one look at me and chuckled as he said, ""I guess I should have told you THIS could happen."

I could have throttled him.

He told me that it's perfectly normal for nose/face injuries to cause black eyes. He told me they would go away within 7-10 days, possibly longer because he was so fair skinned, and to expect every color of the rainbow before it is gone completely. He apologized for laughing before he left. I could tell he felt bad for laughing. He didn't charge me for visit. LOL!

Boy did I get the looks the next couple of weeks whenever I was out in public. I am sure strangers thought I beat my child.

The injuries to Haleigh happened on the playground. The eye bruised as a result. You can clearly tell in that picture it's almost healed by the color of the bruise. Ron did what any parent should do. He took her to the doctor.

Six days later when she starts throwing up and feeling sick, he takes her to the ER which I am sure notices the bruising/cuts when taking a history. They ask about them, Ron mentions she fell off the monkey bars at school. They cat scanned her just to rule out a possible missed head injury (which vomiting, lethargy can also be a symptom of) The cat scan rules out a head injury and the blood work turns up E Coli.

case closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member