2009.04.13 State To Seek Death Penalty For Casey Anthony #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, the DP is the only way to get KC attention. .

I'm not so sure ....

She may indeed see it as historic and she will be remembered for ever. Only 3 women on this list and she is the prettiest and smartest of them all. This may not be the reaction but she certainly will not respond as a normal person would.

Her response will surround her ego. Wonder where she gets that from? Certainly not from George or Cindi, they seem so down to earth and are so humble. :rolleyes:

All I can say is if I were on death row, I could only imagine how scary that moment would be when you get your date of execution. Even if there is a chance to appeal, it is still in the back of your mind and I couldn't imagine doing anything but nervously counting down to that dreadful day. Many people say lethal injection is too easy, but many doctors have expected it to be extremely painful. We've heard how KC reacted to the fact that the remains (or should I say evidence) was found. Now imagine the way she'd react to hearing she's been sentenced to death, the date of her execution, and asking what she'd like for that final meal. Bottom line, KC you are not as tough as you like to think you are and I guarantee she'd be scared sh!tless. In fact, I'm pretty sure we will see a completely different KC at future hearings. I expect the laughing and smiling to be down to a 0 now. Things are serious now and seeing her fear for her life will hopefully make her realize how Caylee must have felt.

They say Ted Bundy had to be carried to his final moments because his legs were so shaking so hard.

As much as sociopaths DON'T care about their victims, they care a LOT about themselves. KC just might start to feel a little of what Caylee went through during her last moments. Only she will understand why she is being executed. That's a luxury Caylee didn't get.

JMO

this thread is moving so fast...

I'm wondering if the prosecution is going for the DP because of evidence found that is absolute proof of KC's guilt?

Could that evidence include fingerprints from the syringe inside the Gatorade bottle?

Assuming the syringe and bottle is connected-have there been any test results released?

Can someone remind me what color was the liquid in the gatorade bottle? I'm terrible at finding small things like this in all of the discovery. LOL!

i was thinking it was a brown liquid. If it was, I remember thinking it was just a bottle used as a spittoon for TL's or someone who chewed tobacco.

So, can someone remind me about the bottle and also any info on the syringe? I remember something about a syringe but not really.

Can any help please???

i've arrived more than a little late to this news. i've only read a few posts and they're mostly people speculating as to why the DP has been brought back - i don't think this has anything to do w/ the possible departure of jose baez, i don't think the situation has been created to bring about a plea bargain, and i don't think the SA's office have looked at the case from some new view point. i think the SA's office looked at this case from every view point a while ago.
really that just leaves new evidence as the motivating factor. i'm afraid that the new evidence will somehow show that caylee suffered, that this crime was actually worse or more calculated than we thought. i won't elaborate, i'd just as soon leave it there.
if this proves to be the case though i'd flip the switch myself, but i cannot feel happy about this development. it's price is too high.

I do not believe in the death penalty, it seems totally impossible to me, that someone who does not believe in murder.. and I can't think any normal person does..should then propose to murder another person through the judicial system.. I do not understand that sort of logic.

Much as I despise KC, (and I do, to the depths of my very soul!) I know I have no right to murder her or anyone else. No one has the right to take another persons life. Just as she had no right to murder her child, so society has no right to murder her.

I cannot 'support' the defense, and I cannot 'support' the prosecution. Both are wrong now, and it puts me in an impossible situation. I am going to have to move away from this case.

Can someone remind me what color was the liquid in the gatorade bottle? I'm terrible at finding small things like this in all of the discovery. LOL!

i was thinking it was a brown liquid. If it was, I remember thinking it was just a bottle used as a spittoon for TL's or someone who chewed tobacco.

So, can someone remind me about the bottle and also any info on the syringe? I remember something about a syringe but not really.

Can any help please???
IIRC it was a small white liquid in a gatorade bottle with a syringe.

All I can say is if I were on death row, I could only imagine how scary that moment would be when you get your date of execution. Even if there is a chance to appeal, it is still in the back of your mind and I couldn't imagine doing anything but nervously counting down to that dreadful day. Many people say lethal injection is too easy, but many doctors have expected it to be extremely painful. We've heard how KC reacted to the fact that the remains (or should I say evidence) was found. Now imagine the way she'd react to hearing she's been sentenced to death, the date of her execution, and asking what she'd like for that final meal. Bottom line, KC you are not as tough as you like to think you are and I guarantee she'd be scared sh!tless. In fact, I'm pretty sure we will see a completely different KC at future hearings. I expect the laughing and smiling to be down to a 0 now. Things are serious now and seeing her fear for her life will hopefully make her realize how Caylee must have felt.

I think you are attributing normal human emotion to her and I think she is somewhere outside that. That's the way normal people would be.

Frankly, I would love to see Casey defenseless, spending a few months out in public with no action being taken against those that wish to pursue and punish her. That probably would be most fitting and at the same time place her in the same position as what Caylee must of been in. But of course that is wishful thinking.

I'm all for the DP in this case, as a matter of fact when the time comes and when KC is found guilty in a court of law and she is led down the hall to her final demise. It would not hurt my feelings prior to strapping her down to the death gurney with the huge leather straps, someone in authority would place some duct tape over her mouth from ear to ear and covering part of her nose, being sure to catch some of her hair in it and then place a heart sticker over her lip area.
Insert the needle and administer the lethal cocktail and wait for it's results.
Then place KC in a black Hefty bag and return her to her parents. Let them dispose of her as they choose.JMHO and fantasy.
That wil be the end of that.

It would hurt my feelings if the State of Florida did that! The State is better than Casey Anthony. I don't oppose the dp in this case. I do oppose torture.

Blaise

You are right and we could trade links all day.
I do not support the death penalty and the fact that our system here is CA is so broken, I would love to see it done away with here. I don;t think anyone in my state argues that it is working properly or is cost effective. We don't execute anyone anyway, but we spend a ton of money not killing them.

Jbean,

I am from Illinois, born and raised. You want to talk about a system broken, now that's a state with a broken system, corrupt from A to Z and a death penalty state that was so broken, there had to be a moratorium of the DP because of the fear of killing another innocent person.

I normally do not supprt the death penalty either. I need to have pretty much 100% proof solid before I could impose death. It's just too final and no possibility for a do over if more evidence ever came forward to clear someone.

However, in the case of KC, I DO support the DP. It concerns me, why I feel this way, knowing all my life I have been against it. Hmmmm.:confused:

As much as sociopaths DON'T care about their victims, they care a LOT about themselves. KC just might start to feel a little of what Caylee went through during her last moments. Only she will understand why she is being executed. That's a luxury Caylee didn't get.

JMO

This made me cry for the first time today.

Poor baby angel Caylee.

It's just not fair. Not fair. Not fair.

Jbean,

I am from Illinois, born and raised. You want to talk about a system broken, now that's a state with a broken system, corrupt from A to Z and a death penalty state that was so broken, there had to be a moratorium of the DP because of the fear of killing another innocent person.

I normally do not supprt the death penalty either. I need to have pretty much 100% proof solid before I could impose death. It's just too final and no possibility for a do over if more evidence ever came forward to clear someone.

However, in the case of KC, I DO support the DP. It concerns me, why I feel this way, knowing all my life I have been against it. Hmmmm.:confused:

I'm from Illinois as well. Living here and seeing what I have of our politics and justice system is just one of the many reasons I'm against the DP. I'll never forget when the moratorium was enacted. Too many inmates on death row for crimes, we later learned, they could not have committed.

I do not believe in the death penalty, it seems totally impossible to me, that someone who does not believe in murder.. and I can't think any normal person does..should then propose to murder another person through the judicial system.. I do not understand that sort of logic.

Much as I despise KC, (and I do, to the depths of my very soul!) I know I have no right to murder her or anyone else. No one has the right to take another persons life. Just as she had no right to murder her child, so society has no right to murder her.

I cannot 'support' the defense, and I cannot 'support' the prosecution. Both are wrong now, and it puts me in an impossible situation. I am going to have to move away from this case.

Snow,

I can understand how you feel. I am from Illinois and know our system was so messed up there had to be a moratorium to avoid executing any more innocent people. I have not supported the DP in any case up until KC and that bothers me. I don't know why I feel differently about this one.
Anyway, what I wanted to say to you is only that you need not step away from the case, as I feel there is still very much to learn. Also, remember, just because the state will seek the DP, does not mean they will get it. She can very well be found guilty and LWOP, I w, could think would still be an option.
If any of our legal eagles can tell me if this is, in fact, true, I'd love to know. I don't think it's death or freedom. It's death or not correct. But if not, she would serve LWOP.
Hugs Snow, as I understand how you feel.

I oppose the death penalty.

But, that is because of concern for the innocents who are wrongly convicted and defendants without means for defense.

Casey will get a fair trial. Every eye in the nation will be watching.She has the most high-profile attorneys and experts in existance for advocates. If a jury of Casey's peers deems her actions bad enough to deserve death despite Casey's MORE than-than-what-the-average-Joe-could-hope-for-defense, she will have earned what she gets.

In a world full of injustice and unfairness, Casey is being treated MORE than fairly and will deserve any fate meted out.

Not so for Caylee. Casey was Caylee's sole judge, jury and executioner.

:woohoo:

Happy days are here again!

Fire up old Sparky, Casey's coming to town!!!

:woohoo:

They say Ted Bundy had to be carried to his final moments because his legs were so shaking so hard.

JMO

Poor, sweet, innocent baby Caylee. This news of the State seeking the death penalty brought me to tears. I feel that this is a huge step in the long road of justice for Caylee.

I too, see no sense or civility in killing as a punishment for killing. I wish we, as a people could mature beyond Hammurabi's code. I'm hopefull we can, seeing what Illinois, my neighbor state, has done. Yes, there are many people incarcerated and killed that are innocent.

I don't want to get involved in the death penalty debate because it is sure to be a very heated one. I just want to say that when I heard last night that they would be seeking the death penalty in this case it really brought tears of joy to my eyes. I was disturbed at how pleased I was at the thought of Casey Anthony being put to death. Then they showed the video of Casey playing with Caylee in the Anthony house. Little Caylee was on Casey's legs playing what I call "airplane" with her mommy. Caylee looked so happy, She looked like she was about to burst with love for her Mommy. I wasn't so disturbed anymore.

I imagine Caylee looking into the face of her mother, her mommy. One of the only people on the face of the earth that this little child trusted, Caylee had the brain of an almost 3 year old....was she scared, was she still alive when her Mommy wrapped the duct tape around her mouth? Was she crying? Did she know that it was her Mommy, the one that gave her airplane rides in the livingroom, that was stealing her air away from her? Did she look at her mommy and make eye contact in that last moment.....how bad did she suffer? Was she thinking how much she loved her Mommy in those last seconds? Was she old enough to be thinking why? Why Mommy?

In my opinion some murderers deserve the death penalty and some deserve a life in prison thinking about what disgusting pigs they are. But lets ask ourselves will Casey Anthony sit in prison for the rest of her life thinking of what a disgusting pig she is? No, she will sit in prison thinking how wrong America is, and how beautiful she is. Deny deny deny.....in my opinion some murderers deserve the death penalty and she is one of them.

What could of changed the states mind on the DP case? Here are my thoughts.
1. They found the remains.
2.Results from Gatorade bottle and syringe - Could prove the drugs she used to sedate Caylee. Maybe her homemade Chloroform and other.
3.The toxicology reports, something was found in the hair and bone marrow to prove cause of death
4.The fingerprint reports. - They excluded CA, GA & LA but they never said that Casey's weren't on there. However, the went round and round about Casey's prints. No solid statement indicating her prints were not found, only hearsay. They did not release it in the discover.
5.The maggots collected from the trunk will reveal a lot and will be very telling as well. Other evidence that has not been released.
6.Child under 12. We already knew that back then, but something other has surfaced for the SA to seek the DP now. IMO
7.The ID that the LE took from Casey's wallet may prove she is the ZFG? That also has not been released in discovery.
8. They may want "death-qualified jurors" — jurors who are willing to sentence someone to death. Those jurors also are more likely to convict defendants, Lenamon said. SA, wants to make sure Casey is convicted.

9.They wanted to spare Cindy and George the grief. Now, they see the true colors and have no empathy for Cindy or George. Sometimes they will not seek the DP to save the family from grief and I feel this also helped in the decision.

10.Add that with her not reporting Caylee missing and all the other and I think the State may win this case.

JMO

IMO, I believe the SA put the DP back on the table because they have enough evidence and aggravating factors to warrant the DP and, IMO, believe they can get a conviction and death sentence with the evidence they now have.

In Dec. when they removed the DP the SA stated in was not in the best interest of the State to go after the death penalty in this case....
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/12/05/casey.anthony.death.penalty/index.html

"It is not in the best interest of the people of the state of Florida to pursue the death penalty as a potential sentence," prosecutors concluded, according to the document.

IMO Something has changed to bring the DP back on the table.
The remains were found in Dec., the evidence about the duct tape and heart sticker have been out for many many weeks...what other evidence has come back that has changed the SA mind?

Anyway that is my :twocents: for the moment.

ITA walker. I used to not care if the DP was issued in a case, but had a change of heart about 8 years ago, an epiphany, if you will, similar to what you have said here. I just think we are far to civilized for the "eye for an eye" mentality. I know that my brain thinks "this is what she absolutely deserves", but then my heart/soul thinks "it is not up to me when or how someone is to die". Thank you so much for your post! There are several on here who feel similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela