2009.04.13 State To Seek Death Penalty For Casey Anthony #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My bold.
Maybe that's why I just stated I don't mind the expense as a taxpayer in my state. It's cheaper! Just checked and in Texas the average time on death row prior to execution is 10.26 years. Not too shabby.

Ron White (Blue Collar Comedy) is from Texas and I love his joke:

“Other states are trying to abolish the death penalty. My states’ puttin’ in an express lane.”

“Other states are trying to abolish the death penalty. My states’ puttin’ in an express lane.”

Gives a whole new meaning to that saying "Better not mess with Texas!"

I think what would impact KC even more than the fear of impending execution is the dehumanization of death row inmates. Death Row is a completely different type of prison experience. You can get a little idea of what the daily life of a death row inmate is like at this link: http://www.dc.state.fl.us/oth/deathrow/

DR inmates are Dead Men Walking, or in this case (Dead Woman Walking). There's no attempt to socialize these inmates, they're considered "temporary" residents of the prison. They are treated differently, they don't matter anymore because they are condemned,the lowest of the low, forgotten. I always thought it would be hard on SP, considering his PD, but I really think KC would completely lose her mind under those conditions.

I agree and I bolded your last comment. Certainly this is no way to treat people who are all 10's. So GA and CA will be fuming too. Oooh such pompous a@#$%s !! :butthead:

LOVE Ron White: In my state we have the death penalty and USE it! If you come to Texas and kill someone we will kill you back. It's our policy.

My bold.
Maybe that's why I just stated I don't mind the expense as a taxpayer in my state. It's cheaper! Just checked and in Texas the average time on death row prior to execution is 10.26 years. Not too shabby.

Hmmm.... Can the "Change of Venue" allow a move to Texas? :slap:

Gives a whole new meaning to that saying "Better not mess with Texas!"

Giddyup! :dance:

I cannot understand the debate about "pain" when lethal injection is discussed. EVERY discussion ought to begin with the victims pain IMO, the length and severity and loss of life, the families of the victims grief.

OK, I am late, off topic, will shush now ;)

LOVE Ron White: In my state we have the death penalty and USE it! If you come to Texas and kill someone we will kill you back. It's our policy.

LOL.... Absolutely. It's Texas time.

What state is that for and what year are these numbers from?
Is this for Florida?

JBean, I'm sorry. I completely missed your question, my bad...:slap:
I think that it is based upon data from all DP states. Of course there are alot of Texas legal citations as Texas does lead in the the number of executions. As far as being opposed or pro-DP, I totally respect your view and anyone elses for that matter but I think that, at least for those that oppose it based on the cost factor alone, they should have all of the facts.
MOO

I am GLAD they put DP back on... and I honestly hope she is found guilty and sentenced to death.. True sociopaths ONLY CARE about themselves.. and the only way to truly punish KC is for her to know she is going to be executed.. Best example I can think of.. Ted Bundy.. all the horrible things he did to all his victims.. never a tear shed.. Im sure his only regret in those murders was being caught.. but he sure starting bawling like a baby when his time to go to the chair approached..
KC, being a sociopath, may not love prison life.. but I believe she would do okay even with a life sentence.. there are always people to be "played" , favors to be gained, sex with guards or other inmates, etc.. I think the ONLY way to really "get" to her.. is a death penalty.. especially after all her appeals are exhausted.

IMO, the DP is the only way to get KC attention. That said, I still don't think it is enough. KC (and Cindy) still believes she will wriggle out of this and walk scotfree into the warm Florida sunshine.
I disagree that the SA put the DP back on the table for politics or just for plea bargaining reasons. They know what the evidence is, both released and unreleased, and apparently it is enough to support a DP case. I don't think KC will ever plea out or tell what happened and why. Like SP, she will go to her grave and take it all with her.

Read the states reversal on the death penalty for Casey Anthony.

NOTICE OF INTENT TO SEEK THE DEATH PENALTY
THE STATE OF FLORIDA hearby notices the Defendant and the Court, that based upon additional information that has become available since the waiver of intent to seek the penalty of death filed December 8, 2008, sufficient aggravating circumstances exist to justify the imposition of the death penalty pusuant to Florida statute 921.141, as to this defendant in this case. Therefore the State will be seeking the imposition of the death penalty should the Defendant be convicted in the above referenced matter.

I HEREBY CERTIFY that a true and correct copy of the foregoing NOTICE OF INTENT TO SEEK THE DEATH PENALTY has been furnished to the defendant (gives the Orange county jail and inmate number) and Jose Baez (lists his address in Kississimee...)on this 13th day of April 2009

Lawson Lamar
State Attorney
http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/ima...seek.death.pdf

Baez will not be in first chair to defend KC..Baez shouldn't be ticking off the State Attorney...I wonder if this is in an effort to get KC to plea out to the lesser included charge, if she stands up and says, I, Casey Marie Anthony murdered my daughter, Caylee Marie Anthony...between KC and her parents, this is an in your face moment.

Sorry if I'm sounding vindictive, I just hate what's become of Caylee and this circus that surrounds Baez and KC...that not one person from the Anthony family is out to get justice for Caylee. :razz: No one in that family is being Caylee's voice so State Attorney Lamar will do that for Caylee. He will get her the justice she so deserves...

Rest in Peace sweet Caylee...

What could of changed the states mind on the DP case? Here are my thoughts.
1. They found the remains.
2.Results from Gatorade bottle and syringe - Could prove the drugs she used to sedate Caylee. Maybe her homemade Chloroform and other.
3.The toxicology reports, something was found in the hair and bone marrow to prove cause of death
4.The fingerprint reports. - They excluded CA, GA & LA but they never said that Casey's weren't on there. However, the went round and round about Casey's prints. No solid statement indicating her prints were not found, only hearsay. They did not release it in the discover.
5.The maggots collected from the trunk will reveal a lot and will be very telling as well. Other evidence that has not been released.
6.Child under 12. We already knew that back then, but something other has surfaced for the SA to seek the DP now. IMO
7.The ID that the LE took from Casey's wallet may prove she is the ZFG? That also has not been released in discovery.
8. They may want "death-qualified jurors" — jurors who are willing to sentence someone to death. Those jurors also are more likely to convict defendants, Lenamon said. SA, wants to make sure Casey is convicted.

9.They wanted to spare Cindy and George the grief. Now, they see the true colors and have no empathy for Cindy or George. Sometimes they will not seek the DP to save the family from grief and I feel this also helped in the decision.

10.Add that with her not reporting Caylee missing and all the other and I think the State may win this case.

JMO

I wonder if Baez’ smirking in court made them
put the death penalty back on the table, lol.

I agree with the poster that said, Baez shouldn't of been such an @ss in court to-wards the State Attorney at the last hearing. ...I wonder if this is in an effort to get Casey to plea out to the lesser included charge as well, if she stands up and says, I, CMA murdered my daughter, Caylee Marie Anthony OR will she reveal who helped her dispose of the body, or who else knew that Caylee was dead. Did someone set up Casey's alibi? I agree, between Casey and her parents, this is an in your face moment. Will Casey turn on her parents now? Is that why Baez wants the phone records? I also found Padilla's comment pretty interesting last night. What could be so "BIG" that the Anthony's don't want revealed? First Padilla hinted that Lee was possibly the father to Caylee, only because of the information he received that Casey had told other's that Lee had tried to molest her. More rumors are swarming, now it's that George may be the father. Sick I know...but Cindy is hiding a "Big" secret....I wonder if she was there the night Caylee died? Casey has said the was out of the loop, had to do what she had to do to protect her family. Could it be that Cindy wrote the script on how this whole thing would be covered up and that is what Casey and Cindy are protecting? Each other? Remember, Casey's story change and she had said that she had to follow a script. Cindy has always bailed her out of all her messes. Could it be that Cindy wrote the script?.....I still say, what ever happen to Caylee happen that Sunday June 15 and Cindy was the last one to have Caylee in the pool...then Casey came over and they had the big fight, but no mention to where Caylee was when they had the big fight. Then you have the date of Dec 8, 2008 when the State took the DP off the table and all of the sudden 3 days later the remains were found? Odd...just odd. Where was Caylee the night of the fight? That has not been released yet. Then you have the fact that Cindy and George were on an out of town lead for a Caylee sighting and on the LK show that the remains are found. They come back and break bread with a producer, Baez and other's. You would think they would be in a total state of shock if in fact they believed that Caylee was alive out there somewhere. If you notice their behavior change after Casey bonded out. Did Casey tell them what happen then? It seemed as they started their grieving process at that time and by the time the remains were found they were over the grieving process and into the anger and defensive mode. Something that make me think.

Statistics on Executed inmates in Florida*
*Refers to inmates executed after the death penalty was reinstated in Florida, beginning with John Spenkelink’s execution in May 1979.
12.31 years is the average length of stay on Death Row prior to execution.
13.94 years is the average number of years between offense and execution.
44.35 years is the average age at time of execution.
30.40 years is the average age at offense for executed inmates.

Can't you just hear JB telling KC, if she's convicted, well, KC, if your appeals fail, you've still got your whole life ahead of you. You have 20.40 years ahead of you. That's a long time.:crazy:

My bold.

I agree with you. In Michigan we do not have the death penalty, therefore these inmates sue the state for every little problem (costing money to either defend and/or payout), write up their health care workers (costing money to investigate their claim), etc... My question is do they qualify for social security? Now if they do thats another big cost...

i don't know but i think the state has some major evidence....hopefully we'll find out before the trial

I think the SA's office changed their mind so that they could bet JB thrown off the case. He's not capital punishment certified. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela