2009.04.13 State To Seek Death Penalty For Casey Anthony #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No reason to place duct tape over a person's mouth unless you want to stop them from screaming.

I can't forget that, nor KC's voice during that first phone call from jail, before she knew she was being recorded, when Cindy said "Casey but you won't tell me where she's at" and KC replies in an angry voice, "Because I *advertiser censored*king don't know where she's at that's why!"

That was not the voice or words of a mother who was sick with worry for her child. That was someone absolutely annoyed at the mere question regarding something she was done with 31 days before that call.

IMO
It also doesn't sound like Grandma Cindy used the address book of phone numbers and addresses of Zanny the Nanny that Casey had given her that Cindy has recently claimed she gave to LE, according to Cindy in her depo with J Morgan.

I only hope the prosecution has all their ducks in a row when it comes to proving Casey is guilty.

I find it disturbingly contradictory that our country uses tax funds to kill babies less then 9 months old but so many are ready to inject the needle or flip the switch on someone suspected of killing her child allowed to grow a little longer

I really don't want to get into a DP v. abortion debate, but I've had it before and I don't see it as the same. You do put an interesting spin on it, though, what with Caylee's age and all.

To me, abortion is the termination of innocent or potential innocent life. Babies and Caylees don't know hate. They can't defend themselves. They are reliant on adults, and have to place trust in their mommies or daddies or grandmas or whomever else.

I'm staunchly anti-abortion (don't wish to debate that here) but I can't really say that killing a near-three year-old child isn't worse. Many women who kill their unborn child never even see an ultrasound. KC saw Caylee in life. Playing, dancing, singing, running. Caylee, I'm sure, hugged her and kissed her and said "I love you."

To take that life and exterminate it is just evil. Even if you were to go with the very unlikely scenario of an accident, she was able to take her toddler and dump her with all the pomp and circumstance of taking the garbage out.

As anti-abortion as I am, I know it is generally a gut-wrenching decision. I have a family member that had one and she still cries about it sometimes, 20 years later. I don't have the confidence that KC will ever cry for Caylee.

Caylee and all those terminated babies out there had potential. They were all still innocent. KC had her chance and lived her life, which is now effectively over at the ripe old age of 23. I'll see your logic and reverse it. If we can kill babies with tax payer money in this country, then why can't we take out child killers? It's my belief that the DP was invented for these cases.

As far as KC not having a fair trial yet, she will. Or at least, that will be the intent. If some [ihatethisword] bombshell piece of new evidence comes out that there was a Nanny named Zanny who had the motive, means, and opportunity to kill someone else's child and practically dump her in the Anthony front yard, all while forgetting to send a ransom note or show some kind of normal criminal behavior (or even exist), and then the State is all "Oh, you know that evidence we've been documenting for months? Ooops.All one big coinicidink!" then I will walk up to the jail doors, shake KC's hand, and apologize for calling her a child-killing hussy.

Luckily, that will never happen.

I'm not a "hang-em high" type. I was able to vote against death in a case that most people would think warranted it. I saw mitigating factors. Here--the defense is going to have to put on one heck of a show.

as much as i want her to get the DP, i really don't think she will. i just don't see it happening. :(

Murder is illegal therefore we have legalized murder??

To me, that's like spanking your child because s/he hit someone. On a MUCH bigger scale.

I just got finished reading every single post in both of these threads and a lot was already said that I would say so I thanked about 60 posts :biglaugh:

but I must say this is devastating for me, I hate to use KC's words of "a waste, a huge waste" but geez. a year ago this precious girl was alive and dancing and while I cant say the whole family was happy and normal, at least it was normal for them, now poor caylee is gone and maybe they will kill KC to pay for it, the family is devastated forever no matter what, what a waste for real, because KC could have been everything she was pretending to be and chose this instead, how ridiculous.

You have said for me what I can not put into words, you are great! I am someone who has had duct tape placed over my mouth and eyes while bound by a man who escaped from prison and broke into my house. I know for a fact that poor little Caylee had a hard time breathing with the duct tape over her mouth and nose. I did not meet the same fate as sweet Caylee but the horror that I know she went through makes the DP a fitting punishment. With that said the man that did this to me is serving LWOP but so am I with the memory of it all. May Caylee's killer meet the same fate that she did!

How very brave and giving you are to open up that way. I can't imagine the horror and you are so right you are serving a life sentence too, don't give him too much of your precious time. Thank you and God bless

Murder is illegal therefore we have legalized murder??

To me, that's like spanking your child because s/he hit someone. On a MUCH bigger scale.

If you take a life, especially that of a child who is vulnerable and unable to defend herself and you murder her for selfish reason under terrible circumstances, why do YOU have the right to live?

There was no one there to protect Caylee - why on earth should anyone protect the person who killed her?

If my child hits someone then she should expect to be hit right back.

I hope KC feels some of what Caylee felt when the system decides she deserves death and she like Caylee is unable to stop it.

To me that is the only justice for that little girl.

I am so sorry, I know how you feel though cause I have been moved to tears quite often over the course of this case and investigation. The thing that makes me so sure in stating that Casey Anthony deserves to die is that if she is sentenced to life in prison she will not suffer.....she will continue to deny deny deny, she will continue to embrace her sentence as a celebrity status and there will be no justice for sweet little Caylee if her Mommy is sentenced to life without parole. JMO

Completely agree

Per the above, there may be several MITIGATING CIRCUMSTANCES that Casey's team might use at trial.

These three spring immediately to mind ...

(a) The defendant has no significant history of prior criminal activity.

(b) The capital felony was committed while the defendant was under the influence of extreme mental or emotional disturbance.

(e) The defendant acted under extreme duress or under the substantial domination of another person.

Has this topic already been discussed?

What would option (e) be, CA badgering Casey? To me that wouldn't be enough to be mitigating. To me (e) would be more a case of someone trying to coerce or force Casey to hurt Caylee, which at least so far we don't have evidence of unless there is info that hasn't been released yet.

As far (a), maybe no significant history but she does have a history of petty crimes. And (b), wouldn't the defense have to prove that? Would almost go to an insanity defense in my mind.

Now I ain't no lawyer but would love to see other opinions.

To me this change from taking DP off the table to suddenly putting in back on again is big.

If you take a life, especially that of a child who is vulnerable and unable to defend herself and you murder her for selfish reason under terrible circumstances, why do YOU have the right to live?

There was no one there to protect Caylee - why on earth should anyone protect the person who killed her?

If my child hits someone then she should expect to be hit right back.

I hope KC feels some of what Caylee felt when the system decides she deserves death and she like Caylee is unable to stop it.

To me that is the only justice for that little girl.

I completely disagree. But that's ok, we are entitled to our opinions.

IMO, I believe the SA put the DP back on the table because they have enough evidence and aggravating factors to warrant the DP and, IMO, believe they can get a conviction and death sentence with the evidence they now have.

In Dec. when they removed the DP the SA stated in was not in the best interest of the State to go after the death penalty in this case....
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/12/05/casey.anthony.death.penalty/index.html

"It is not in the best interest of the people of the state of Florida to pursue the death penalty as a potential sentence," prosecutors concluded, according to the document.

IMO Something has changed to bring the DP back on the table.
The remains were found in Dec., the evidence about the duct tape and heart sticker have been out for many many weeks...what other evidence has come back that has changed the SA mind?

Anyway that is my :twocents: for the moment.
Apparently the idea of getting found guilty and put to death for this horrible crime against her innocent baby was on KC's mind a long while ago. Have you seen her myspace image of a little girl, a noose and a teddy bear with the caption Why do we kill people to prove that killing people is wrong? It leveled me when I saw that. The State has it in their evidence, CLEARLY, these are not normal things that a 22 year old happy go lucky girl would have on her mind.

ps Yes, the soil on her shoes matched the crime scene and they did find chemicals in the baby's hair. They have a lot more than has been released. A lot.

Originally Posted by abbra
I only hope the prosecution has all their ducks in a row when it comes to proving Casey is guilty.

Fortunately, the ducks are all but lining up in formation by themselves. I think the prosecution should just take care not to rearrange the ducks in any way.

Either way, LWOP or DP, I believe KC will carve out a life for herself inside the fence. She'll write letters, watch TV, eat, get her GED and take college classes. If she gets LWOP, I suspect she will maintain some sort of social life inside, seeking out others to hang with who she perceives as weak and easily manipulated, ...... I wouldn't be surprised if CAGA start a website like SP parents have, proclaiming her innocence and posting a blog. Hopefully, she won't be like Susan Smith and get pregnant. Heaven forbid that CAGA get another baby to raise.
If she gets the DP, I firmly believe she will go to her grave and take the truth with her. What we will know, will be from the investigation and trial.

Whoa!!! Hold On!!!!! Back the truck for a second!!!! Did you say Susan Smith got pregnant AFTER or DURING the time of her kids being killed? Was she already pregnant? I didn't know this. OMG!

I do not typically agree with the death penalty, after hearing about those that were innocent (thanks to DNA,) and almost died for a crime that they did not commit.
I have been following this case every since I heard C.A.'s voice on the phone with 911. I can't get over the 31 days, and I probably never will. I can't get over the "facts" of the loss of such a young beautiful life by her mother's own hand. Nor can I believe how Caylee's Grandparents are behaving after that fact, after day one...
In this case I will make an exception to my usual stance as I continue to cry off and on watching those video's of that innocent baby and don't even want to imagine what she had to endure before her death....In my mind this is justice for Caylee having lost all the years off her life, because her mommy is a demon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela