2009.08.21 Motions hearing #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony, thank you for so generously answering our questions and offering your opinions and knowledge of the circumstances. As to your uncle, regardless of his motives (and there are plenty of people who were seduced by this high profile case for much less transparent motives) - there are many of us who enjoyed the fact that he functioned as a public thorn in JB's side. LE and the SA's have had to keep quiet and take all kinds of abuse and accusations from the defense, not to mention unprofessional behavior and unnecessary delay tactics that have cost the taxpayers of FL jillions, I'm sure in a terrible economy. He may be a publicity hound, but he is at least honest about that and his presence was a nice counterweight to all of the syrupy interviews JB and LKB did for other media outlets. We know he is not an angel, but he managed, with a kind of Archie Bunker-esque quality to voice the questions and articulate the doubts that many of us had regarding how KC and her family comported themselves in public regarding the facts of this case.

I admire you for finding good qualities in them; surely what they have been through is more than difficult. But you may be one of the very few who helped them that they did not turn on eventually (I am thinking in particular of TM), and many of us were shocked by how quickly those who generously gave of their time and resources to help were scolded or turned away in order for them to perpetuate the myth that their granddaughter was alive. I think what bothers many of us the most is the number of collateral casualties involved; mere acquaintances of KC's whose lives are forever changed and have suffered and paid in time and money for simply knowing her and are now in the line of fire of some insane SODDI defense strategy. The fact that her family was less interested in uncovering the truth (painful as it might be) and instead spreading the blame to any possible scapegoat is what truly made it impossible for many of us to feel the empathy we would have liked for the loss of their granddaughter. Caylee's death was a terrible tragedy; but the concentric circles of blame that have been created have made this an expensive farce to many people. Managing public perception, as you know, is key to the success of almost anything, whether someone is innocent or not.

At any rate, I hope you are able to clear the air about the "mistruths" JB tried to claim were fact today in court. That guy is getting on everyone's last nerve, but you have more reason than most to be irritated. Good luck tomorrow and you will have our full and energetic support.

Thanks very much for your support! Your comments were very well put and I agree with you!

Kinda like the A's are using Caylee's name? Don't like LP for these reasons, but you truly love the A's and chit chat. Throw me a bone Tony as I really want to understand.

Thanks, kk. I am very confused as well. The two things do not jive w/ each other---bear w/ me, I'm trying to get this straight.....

*LP is a media *advertiser censored* who had good intentions at the beginning, but went down the wrong path b/c of his insatiable need to be on TV. Now he is using Caylee's name or something along that line to benefit himself.*

VS.

*The As are truly "great" people who are truly loved. Yes, GA did lie on the stand today, but he still has a good heart*

So, it's OK for the As to profit and soak up media attention b/c this is about their daughter, but it's not OK for LP to insert himself into this case?

Color me totally, utterly confused. Those two rationales totally conflict.

I'v been willing to except TP's words but after the last comment of "truely love" does not sound professional comming from someone in your business. To state your feeling so longingly and wanting those of us who have been on this case the duration to look at this couple as deserving empathy after not following the laws of the land, is just asking to much! Weren't you appalled by their actions regardless of your deep affection. Something is fishy about this subject. I'm a freaking copy of Mother Teresa and I'm not able to forget how the A's continuously put Caylee on the back burner. Come on Tony this is the same couple having dinner at a fine hotel, laughing it up with MB and ABC rep. the night Caylee's remains were found. Help me out here????

KageyKaren,
The A's are a family with sociopathic behaviors (I am not an expert, just sayin') so Tony probably felt they were very nice people! :crazy: Most on WS have learned differently from studying them in action. JMO

Please forgive me for what I'm about to say.
Why on earth would she not be nice to you? You literally sprung her lying hiney out of jail. The whole A family is a pack of lying hypocrites, nice to your face, but watch the back! They have no morals, no manners, they are apathetic, and underhanded.:furious:

yeah, KC nice to a good looking guy. go figure

I don't know what to say. They were very nice to me Tracy and Rob. George is a very outgoing and personable person.
You're kind...

Do you think, especially after seeing how easily it is for them to tell "mistruths" when sworn to tell the truth, that they (G and C) should be charged with anything?

Yeppers, today is but one example during the hearing. ALyons must have previously told her to show some emotion, like give the media tears like ya did at JB's office the day you were indicted.

I do believe ALyons orchestrated KC's removal from the courtroom and some of the emotions that I saw from KC were acceptance and her coming to grips with her fate; ALyons wasn't hired to get her released from jail but to keep her out of the chamber at the jail.

Won't comment of the appearance of ALyons today. But let's just say I wasn't impressed with her tactics and backhanded comments anymore than I was with the camera shots of her. As politely as I can put it folks.

Tony, good luck with JB and crew. After hearing LDB and reading your posts tonight, I don't believe you have much to worry about at all.

And, Tony, if you want to talk, gossip, o just bounce things off people.. we're always here!

In fact, a number of us think we are here TOO much. :eek:

The records are in Nejame's office. I don't see the big deal why the records can't be copied at his office and given to JB. TM has seen them, MN has seen them, Conway has seen them so guess what - JB gets to see them too. I fear reversible error if the Judge allows Nejame and Conway to decide which documents they must produce.

JB no doubt requested every piece of paper invovled in the search for Caylee. He is entitled to see what was and was not found during that time. If he wants to send a set of Interrogatories to every searcher, he must be allowed to do so.

It's ridiculous to think that the prosecution OR a material witness such as TM should be allowed to determine what is or is not important or exculpatory. Just how bothered would you be to get a set of questions if you had been a searcher? I wouldn't be bothered in the least.

"I wasn't in the area. I didn't search there. I have never been in that area."

Stick on a 44 cent stamp and be done with it. It will cost JB $3K in materials and stamps just to send these out and he'll have to hire a secretary just to type the names and addresses and keep up with who has and has not answered in time. But, he is right. He is duty bound to do this. 4,000 people searched for Caylee and he is entitled to feret out who searched in that area, not to rely on someone else's word - especially from 2 lawyers who don't represent the State or the defendant.

As for the argument that no one could have seen anything in the underbrush even if they were a foot away, so limiting the circle of searchers to those within 200 yards of the dump site is reasonable, runs afoul of Kronk's sighting of a bag/skull/whatever from the street on August 10 - quite a few feet away. Nejame stepped on himself there. (chuckle. faux pas. ) Was KC in jail then?

I don't know what to say. They were very nice to me Tracy and Rob. George is a very outgoing and personable person.

I think that the Anthony's having to live out this very personal tragedy in front of the world has left some people thinking the sound bites and short videos we see of them are EVERYTHING they are about. However, clever editing can, and is regularily done by the media to make people appear to be one-dimensional when in fact that is not who they truly are. I think the Anthony's have suffered from this extensively. They have been cast in the role of "bad parents" and "liars" by the media that is ONLY out to get ratings and make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ off the back of Caylee. It's pretty tragic, IMO. No wonder the Anthony's are frustrated and lashing out - which of course, the media uses to their advantage to make them look even worse. Yes, the Anthony's have some bad traits and surprise, surprise, they are MORE pronounced when they are under stress and can make them look very bad. The same can be said for MOST people. But I don't believe for a second that the way the media has portrayed them is the entirety of who they are.

And, Tony, if you want to talk, gossip, o just bounce things off people.. we're always here!

In fact, a number of us think we are here TOO much. :eek:
Yeah, Tony has become one of CA's hated "bloggers".

Please be careful, Tony. That lawyer who is putting out bad stuff about you; guess who he "represents?" That nice, respectful girl is his "boss."

You have to read both quotes Brini. My reply makes sense then. She said GA was the only one who ever held KC accountable for her actions - like in discipline. Do you agree with that?

That could be.

It looks like CA did a lot of bad-mouthing, and no real disciplining. She headed up the cover-ups.

I also think CA slipped KC money, and didn't tell GA.

But, now GA is also covering up. (sigh)

I think that the Anthony's having to live out this very personal tragedy in front of the world has left some people thinking the sound bites and short videos we see of them are EVERYTHING they are about. However, clever editing can, and is regularily done by the media to make people appear to be one-dimensional when in fact that is not who they truly are. I think the Anthony's have suffered from this extensively. They have been cast in the role of "bad parents" and "liars" by the media that is ONLY out to get ratings and make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ off the back of Caylee. It's pretty tragic, IMO. No wonder the Anthony's are frustrated and lashing out - which of course, the media uses to their advantage to make them look even worse. Yes, the Anthony's have some bad traits and surprise, surprise, they are MORE pronounced when they are under stress and can make them look very bad. The same can be said for MOST people. But I don't believe for a second that the way the media has portrayed them is the entirety of who they are.
Oh, PR...you are also very kind...and I'm sure there is a lot we don't know...but let's not forget the "live" interviews.

Okay. I sense everybody's frustration with me calling out Leonard for his behaviors and yet I think the Anthony's are great. I in no way agree with how or why or anything they have done since Caylee went missing. Maybe they are bad people or back stabbers or the devil in disguise. I am probably way too naive. I give people the benefit of the doubt always. I gave Jose the same benefit. So be it. I am just saying that they have been very nice to talk to and to be around. I have seen them cry like I have never seen anybody cry. I have seen them in a situation that I would never wish on anybody. I have a christian attitude I guess in saying that I personably care for them. I can't tell them how to think or what to say or how to act. Those are their choices. I cannot control any of that. Same goes for Casey. I know that of course she was respectful to me because I did something extravagant for her. It would be hard to pass judgment because our interaction was "grandeured" by me bailing her "hiney" out of jail. I will grant you that. Plus I am no expert at Psychology. Everybody has a good quality at times and maybe I was just around at the right times.

You're kind...

Do you think, especially after seeing how easily it is for them to tell "mistruths" when sworn to tell the truth, that they (G and C) should be charged with anything?

I am sure that's up to the DA's office.

Please someone help me here if I am wrong-Today, WESH reported that JB is going to point to the Dom. Casey video to disprove the fact that water was in the area in November.
From what I remember, TES did not want to search the area in the summer of 2008 because of the water. My understanding is that in November, TES was prepared to go back there, but CA would not work with them.

Am I incorrect? If I am correct, than JB's bug ah-hah! is a big dud, KWIM?

I remember that too, and thinking that was a patently ridiculous argument, in that not that much footage was actually recorded. It doesn't really matter if some parts of the "grid" were dry and some were flooded; if the entire area was not dry, then it could be difficult to get to the feasible search areas without crossing through marshier territory, and that, I think is perhaps why TM may have decided that the area off Suburban was not ready. You can't really search a "checkerboard" grid with several teams of people without potentially compromising other areas and he was apparently unwilling to do that.

What I think is hilarious is that - since TM closed down the search in that immediate area on Nov. 7 - 9 (actually after November 16, when Hoovers little home movie was shot), however did some mysterious person manage to plant the remains within the several weeks in such a way that plants were growing through the skeletelized remains and the plastic bags were in shreds, tiny bones were scattered and buried across almost half an acre, etc. etc. November, even in FL, is still fall and plant growth slows considerably.

And even if the defense somehow provides "reasonable" doubt that the body was put there while KC was in jail somehow, it would NOT prove she is innocent of the murder - at best, only that she had help from someone she knew very well that would take that risk as an accessory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double