2009.10.09 Duct Tape Photos From Remains Released

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did we ever look at the BlockBuster video and try to compare the clothes that Casey was wearing that day with the colors of the fibers found? (I can't remember, was the video in color or black and white?)

Yes, I remember looking @ blockbuster video and trying to determine if it was a shadow or a wristband or something similar around KC's ankle in that video. There are references to fibers in this thread (IIRC pgs 26-28 ish) but one of the mods moved most of those (or copied them) over to another thread about fibers found on the duct tape.

we also speculated about the WTP blanket containing most of those colored fibers as well

I still believe Casey went to shower at Jessie G's house for a purpose, other then getting clean. (looking for evidence to plant with the body perhaps?)

Was it Casey that told JB about the birthday card Jessie gave to Caylee that was apparently in bad taste??

.If you were trying to make a person look like they were kidnapped how would you do it? The most popular scene in movies where that happens is to put tape over the mouth and to bound the victims hands. I know it was around the head and there were three pieces and all that but the purpose was the same. It just seems to me that that would be the only way to make it look like that is what happened. I dont believe it but I could see how ICA would come to that conclusion when planning how to stage a kidnapping. What other evidence could she leave to make it appear that the child was kidnapped.

That explanation doesn't work for me because she never did report Caylee missing, Where she dumped the body wasn't terribly clever. In most missing children cases the child is reported missing right away even when it's the parents involved. Of course we're talking about KC so anything is possible.

Yes, I remember looking @ blockbuster video and trying to determine if it was a shadow or a wristband or something similar around KC's ankle in that video. There are references to fibers in this thread (IIRC pgs 26-28 ish) but one of the mods moved most of those (or copied them) over to another thread about fibers found on the duct tape.

we also speculated about the WTP blanket containing most of those colored fibers as well

Fiber Analysis Thread

A gentle nudge to mom2chloe's post #233. She made a brilliant discovery and would be a great place to p/u sleuthing black wool fibers if anyone is feeling adventurous. ;)

That explanation doesn't work for me because she never did report Caylee missing, Where she dumped the body wasn't terribly clever. In most missing children cases the child is reported missing right away even when it's the parents involved. Of course we're talking about KC so anything is possible.

Yes, I was just addressing the duct tape issue. I do believe she dumped the body under pressure after her father nearly got to the trunk that spot was not the intended destination in my opinion. I dont believe she had figured out where to dump the body. IMO

I am going to have to turn it off before I throw something. :angel:

To Janie Weintraub: The ME DID post her findings in re. manner of death - HOMICIDE! (This woman grates on my last nerve. :banghead: )

To the pathologist (or whoever the heck he is) that cannot fathom there was no forensic evidence of skin found on the duct tape and opining that the duct tape was placed post-mortem - Read the darn autopsy report.

Thank goodness Levi is on there to at least bring it back to a semblance of truth.

Please....If you're gonna be a talking head at least study the subject.

BBM

I just caught a piece of JVM... That young guy was Levi Page?? I had no idea.... I was impressed with how he was giving it to Janie W. though! :)

BBM

I just caught a piece of JVM... That young guy was Levi Page?? I had no idea.... I was impressed with how he was giving it to Janie W. though! :)

Yes, that is Levi. :) He is a guest on her show quite often and on NG once in a while. Usually he is commenting on the Haleigh Cummings case but he knows this one pretty well too.

Yes, I was just addressing the duct tape issue. I do believe she dumped the body under pressure after her father nearly got to the trunk that spot was not the intended destination in my opinion. I dont believe she had figured out where to dump the body. IMO

That's my opinion also. She panicked. I think we are all trying to figure out where the duct tape figures into this if it were an accident. With a staged kidnapping I'd expect some kind of motive for taking Caylee, a ransom demand, call in LE and just out of her mind with worry. But no, not Casey.

I still think it's possible she applied the tape postmortem in a lame attempt to contain purging....if I was her defense attorney that's the way I'd be going as it's the least damning explanation IMO, but it does then imply some guilty knowledge, and I'm assuming Casey is not allowing that, is sticking to the nanny story and therefore causing herself the greatest amount of harm in all this strangely enough.

Now I don't actually think this is what happened, I think the poor child had her arms taped behind her back and then had her face taped up. I'm just saying it could be explained away logically if they wanted to try it.

.If you were trying to make a person look like they were kidnapped how would you do it? The most popular scene in movies where that happens is to put tape over the mouth and to bound the victims hands. I know it was around the head and there were three pieces and all that but the purpose was the same. It just seems to me that that would be the only way to make it look like that is what happened. I dont believe it but I could see how ICA would come to that conclusion when planning how to stage a kidnapping. What other evidence could she leave to make it appear that the child was kidnapped.

I agree that she killed her daughter and tried to make it look like a kidnapping and that is why she parked her car with her purse and keys in it, hopping someone would steal it. I really think that after Caylee was dead ICA tried to cover her butt and a stolen car and duct taped baby seemed reasonable to her, she could have told her mother had they not found the vehicle that she was car jacked and the perp had Caylee.....let the story develope from here.......etc......... I think ICA is evil.

I think the only thing that KC actually planned was leaving Hopespring Drive, to get away from Cindy. And I think she discovered it would be too awkward to take Caylee with her. I do not think she duct taped Caylee's mouth to attempt to control any purging - I think she did it, deliberately, to kill Caylee. She would not want to touch her baby if she were decomposing.

She had her little bit of money with which to esacape - probably to California to be with Mark Hawkins - far far away from Cindy and her stifling control. She just needed one more day, to make her final escape.

She said in her letters that she was buying things for her trip - that did not happen anyplace but in her mind - I do not think she had enough money to buy stuff and to leave too.

I just do not know why she had not already left, unless it was that she was afraid and nervous because Cindy, even though not physically present, still had inhibiting control over KC. Just look - KC was legally an adult. Why did she even go with Cindy when Amy brought Cindy to TonE's apartment?

I think she intended to retrieve the Sunfire from Amscot - she just was not fast enough, probably because she thought the stench needed time to subside after she had removed Caylee to Suburban Drive. She did go back to get it, but it had been towed by then.

And the 'purse' left in the car? It was not a purse, but more like a tote bag. There was really nothing in it that she would need. There was no thought behind leaving it the car - she just had no use for it, just like the boots left in the car. She wasn't wearing the boots, not using the bag, just no motivation to carry them inside the house, so she just left them in the car.

I do not think she planned anything other than to get away from Cindy.

All, of course, just my opinion.

Nort,

Forensics believe the body was dumped by the 19th because of the residue in the trunk. She met her father on the 24th I believe, but the trunk still had an odor in it. Although George says he smelled nothing and that is his testimony to the FBI and to the detectives - and yet at the time he is telling them that he believes the trunk smelled like a dead body was in it when he picked it up with Cindy.

So he is either lying about the odor on June 24th or he did not smell it.

I think the only thing that KC actually planned was leaving Hopespring Drive, to get away from Cindy. And I think she discovered it would be too awkward to take Caylee with her. I do not think she duct taped Caylee's mouth to attempt to control any purging - I think she did it, deliberately, to kill Caylee. She would not want to touch her baby if she were decomposing.

She had her little bit of money with which to esacape - probably to California to be with Mark Hawkins - far far away from Cindy and her stifling control. She just needed one more day, to make her final escape.

She said in her letters that she was buying things for her trip - that did not happen anyplace but in her mind - I do not think she had enough money to buy stuff and to leave too.

I just do not know why she had not already left, unless it was that she was afraid and nervous because Cindy, even though not physically present, still had inhibiting control over KC. Just look - KC was legally an adult. Why did she even go with Cindy when Amy brought Cindy to TonE's apartment?

I think she intended to retrieve the Sunfire from Amscot - she just was not fast enough, probably because she thought the stench needed time to subside after she had removed Caylee to Suburban Drive. She did go back to get it, but it had been towed by then.

And the 'purse' left in the car? It was not a purse, but more like a tote bag. There was really nothing in it that she would need. There was no thought behind leaving it the car - she just had no use for it, just like the boots left in the car. She wasn't wearing the boots, not using the bag, just no motivation to carry them inside the house, so she just left them in the car.

I think leaving the purse was intentional. I think she was hoping someone would steal the car and that would help in her alibi. Just mo.

I don't think she was intending to go to California. However, her current boyfriend, Tony Lazzaro, told her (in gest he says) that he was thinking of moving back to New York and he (during his second interview) told the police that he told KC that he did NOT want girls as they make for an ugly child. I think she had plans of being with Tony. She had laid the groundwork with him about moving out of her parents house to feel him out and I believe when she heard that he did not want girls, that was ALSO a motivation in this killing. Hatred for her mother also played a large part, in my opinion. The evening before she came home and found Cindy in the pool with Caylee and attempted to join them and Cindy nixed it and said it is getting cold, why don't you run her a bath. I think that was a slight for KC also. I think she was incredibly jealous of the relationship between Cindy and Caylee. She basically hated her mother and killed the baby so the mother could not have her. imo.

Nort,

Forensics believe the body was dumped by the 19th because of the residue in the trunk. She met her father on the 24th I believe, but the trunk still had an odor in it. Although George says he smelled nothing and that is his testimony to the FBI and to the detectives - and yet at the time he is telling them that he believes the trunk smelled like a dead body was in it when he picked it up with Cindy.

So he is either lying about the odor on June 24th or he did not smell it.

I still think the location of the dumping was in a panic..

I think she thought it was a good place. She thinks she is smarter than everyone - most sociopaths do -

Was she in a panic when she told Detective Melich and Allan that she worked at Universal - no, she thought she was smarter than them. She was not in a panic when she said she left Caylee off at the apartments (forgetting about the camera) and when they brought the camera to her attention, she changed the story (albeit later on) to Blanchard Park.

I don't know if you saw her in Court with Cheney on his first day with the case in Court and when she sat down, she rubbed her hands together and smiled - saying lets get this going I have Cheney and am going to win.

The girl is an idiot. I don't know - intelligence goes out the window when socioapaths enter the scene.

Just my opinion.

I think she thought it was a good place. She thinks she is smarter than everyone - most sociopaths do -

Was she in a panic when she told Detective Melich and Allan that she worked at Universal - no, she thought she was smarter than them. She was not in a panic when she said she left Caylee off at the apartments (forgetting about the camera) and when they brought the camera to her attention, she changed the story (albeit later on) to Blanchard Park.

I don't know if you saw her in Court with Cheney on his first day with the case in Court and when she sat down, she rubbed her hands together and smiled - saying lets get this going I have Cheney and am going to win.

The girl is an idiot. I don't know - intelligence goes out the window when socioapaths enter the scene.

Just my opinion.

Im certainly not in a position to argue your points. Everyone has an opinion and their entitled...just posting mine. Not trying to change yours and dont feel like defending mine. Since this is a thread to discuss duct tape I will focus on that going forward.

ITA- people like Casey aren't big "planners", she shows us time and again in her life history she did what she wanted then simply lied about it afterwords to get out of it and it always worked. Noboby ever pressured her for real proof or evidence of anything (school, jobs, pregnancy etc etc), all she had to do was get snippy with her mother and Cindy would stop in her tracks and begin with the "sweetheart" stuff cuz Cindy was so afraid of losing her. Casey knew she didn't have to cover anything up- ever- her mother always did it for her! IMO

I agree and I'll add that I'm not 100% convinced the murderer is the same person who dumped the body. It was in a panic but I can't help but wonder who was in that panic.

<<<article purposefully snipped>>>>
In Anthony reporting today, WESH-Ch. 2’s Bob Kealing returned to the issue of duct tape. Roy Kronk, the meter reader who found Caylee’s remains, said the duct tape was across the toddler’s mouth. Defense attorney Cheney Mason this week said that photos show the tape “was not adhered to any part of this child — some stuck on the hair, that’s all.”

Orlando attorney Richard Hornsby theorized, in analysis for WESH, that the defense could argue that the tape was placed on Caylee after she died or used to wrap the child in a bag.

But David Evans, Kronk’s attorney, told Kealing: “The idea that the tape was used to somehow wrap up the remains is completely inconsistent with what Roy saw.”
http://mobile.orlandosentinel.com/w...23624662&cid=17425&scid=-1&ith=1&title=TV+Guy

I guess the jurors will have to come to their own conclusion once they view the photos of Caylee's autopsy...how can Mason been so disengenious about the duct tape over Caylee's face? This will surely loose credibility on the defenses side of arguments.. Isn't he aware of the autopsy photos? I'm sure Dr. G photographed her every step during the autopsy. Would this automatically turn the jurors "ears" off to anything else he might state once they see for themselves??? I'm hoping it does and it would serve the defense right to shoot themselves down for not taking an "honest" approach. Then again, they can only work with what ICA gives them..I wonder if anyone has confronted her on things she's stated and has been proven to be lies, all lies and nothing but lies???JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Duct Tape Over Caylee's Mouth? Kronk Says Yes, Lawyers No
Casey Anthony's Lawyers Say Tape Only Stuck To Daughter's Hair
POSTED: 4:03 pm EDT October 1, 2010
UPDATED: 5:54 pm EDT October 1, 2010

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Roy Kronk, the man who discovered Caylee Anthony's remains in a wooded area in December 2008, dismissed new claims on Friday from Casey Anthony's defense team that duct tape was only marginally stuck to her daughter Caylee's hair.

more at the link:
http://www.wesh.com/r/25243814/detail.html

Justice for Caylee

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member