2009.12.11 Tim Miller interview with OCSO

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a great article about Tim, his daughter Laura, how he started Texas EquuSearch and what it's become. It's kind of long, but very informative, so if anyone has the time to read it, I highly recommend it. I am the same age as Laura would be now and I grew up just a few miles from what we call the "Calder Killing Fields." I remember when she, as well as other teenage girls went missing. So when Tim started TES, most everyone around here recognized his and Laura's name and story. I forget that most people never heard of him and TES until Natalee's disappearance in Aruba.

Part of the reason Tim started TES was because of a lack of interest in Laura's case from local LE. They classified her as a runaway and didn't do much investigation. IMO I think it says so much about Cindy that she couldn't find some common ground with this man who has dedicated his life to helping families for the last 10 years. Tim just wants to bring closure to the loved ones of missing people, whether happy or sad, he knows how important it is. He's far from perfect just like all of us, but he is a hero to many.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/criminal_mind/forensics/texas_equusearch/1.html

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Wow! That phone call from Cindy threatening Tim Miller is so much evidence of what that family knew! I am sorry to say my view point has changed. I think there are going to be charges for CA & possibly GA.

Do we have a link to the phone call or did I miss it in the transcript? Thanks!

I know in Tim's statement that he gave he said the A's were at the search command ctr once.....I was there the first weekend that TES came to search....they in fact showed up two days in a row.....Sat, they came, sat and ate, then CA stood up yelling "this is all a waste of time, we are outta here" something along those lines.....the next day they showed for about 15 min, got pizzed at a news man (think Ch.9), and took off.....(snip)

This shocking report doesn't at all tally with my beatific image of these gracious, charming folks, are you absolutely sure you are not mistaken? :innocent:

I stayed up into the wee hours of the morning last night/today to read the interviews with Tim Miller and several others on the TES searches. I found it difficult to sleep after reading Tim's interview.

I was very angry after reading Tim's interview. It's difficult to imagine the tension in that home. First, Tim had to encounter Jose, who told him not to discuss the case with his client unless he, JB, was present. Then, the family.........Casey indifferent to the loss of Caylee, all smiles and offering to make meatloaf, never once mentioning Caylee; George trying to get Casey to mark the map; and Cindy in tight control of all those around her. George's friend from Ohio, summed it all up in a few choice words, plain and simple, that Casey held the answer to Caylee's whereabouts, but "But the *advertiser censored***** b**** won’t talk.”

On top of all that, just when it looked like George had talked Casey into marking a map, Cindy exploded, rudely kicking Tim and Lisa out of the house and telling them to never return.

Tim Miller is the most respected man in the field of missing person searches. To come all the way from Texas and devote his time, expertise, and resources, not to mention the thousands of people who volunteered to go out and search for little Caylee in adverse conditions, and then be confronted with a family who didn't want their child/grandchild found, must have been a terrible blow. He said that in more than 1100 searches he's never encountered a family like the Anthonys. This was the first case in which the family didn't want his help.

Tim and the TES searchers felt they owed it Caylee to search for her and they did. Tim and a number of searchers stated they came very close, within a few yards of where Caylee's remains were eventually found, but the water prevented them from going any further - one searcher described as being between his ankle and knee deep.

TES went to Cindy and asked for something that belonged to Caylee so the search dogs could get her scent. Cindy refused to give the searchers anything. She threw roadblocks into the search.

It's obvious that they knew. Tim Miller was there to search for a body - if Tim found Caylee's body, Casey would be charged with murder and if convicted go to prison. George and Cindy knew Caylee was dead and did everything they could to prevent Tim and the searchers from finding Caylee.

Is is any wonder that Mark NeJame resigned as the Anthony's attorney? It seems that anyone with any sort of moral ethics distances themselves from the Anthonys.

Do we have a link to the phone call or did I miss it in the transcript? Thanks!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! :wave:

OMG. The ugliness of this woman is mind-boggling. She sounds extremely threatening, so much that if I were TM I would have called the police. CA sounds like someone who is capable of anything. I guess the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

In his short interview with police, Tim probably uses Caylee's name more than all of the anthony's put together throughout this entire case. In my life, I've learned that some people just flat out suck. I'm sorry, maybe cindy needs help, but I think sick or not, underneath it all, the A's are just sh*tty people. JMO of course.

One of the best things to come out of this doc dump, IMO, is hopefully now we can accept as fact that the area WAS indeed underwater at the time of the searches and basically up until the body was found, and that "theories" posted suggesting otherwise are nothing more than seeded misinformation.

IMO
George driving around Tim's hotel leads me to speculate he wanted to talk to Tim..about what??? I can only speculate...George was able to get Casey to come to the table to put a mark to a location or area on the map that MAY have helped find them Caylee, only to have Cindy blow up and cast Tim out of the home. I speculate that made Casey smile.
George almost had it, ...Cindy took it away.

I'm thinking along the same lines. I think George wanted to talk to Tim.

I keep going back to the interview with George by LE, the one in which he didn't want Cindy or Lee to know he had come there to talk to them. I think this is the interview in which George became physically ill and had to leave the room for a few minutes. I think this is also the interview in which LE called Lee and asked him to come in and told him they had called George and he was coming in too.

George may have wanted to talk to Tim without Cindy knowing. Driving around Tim's hotel, George may have been trying to make up his mind about whether or not to go in and talk to Tim.

One thing I don't understand... if Cindy wanted to stop the process, why did she call Tim Miller? Wouldn't it have been "better" for Casey if Cindy did as little as possible to draw more people into the search for Caylee?

I think initially Cindy thought Tim Miller was going to come and help in the search for a live Caylee.

It was when Cindy learned that Tim was going to have search teams walking through woods looking for a body, that she suddenly wanted no part of it and tried to stop it.

IIRC (and I may not), LP or one of his people brought the idea of calling TM up to Cindy. Does anyone else remember this or am I confusing information again ?

I don't remember who proposed calling TES in, but I do remember that Cindy initially thought that TES would be looking for a live Caylee. She seemed to think that TES would be following up on tips of live sightings. It was after TES arrived and she learned they would have searchers on foot looking in woods and ponds, and she realized that they were going to be looking for a body that she turned on Tim and TES and did everything she could to throw monkey wrenches into the search.

I don't remember who proposed calling TES in, but I do remember that Cindy initially thought that TES would be looking for a live Caylee. She seemed to think that TES would be following up on tips of live sightings. It was after TES arrived and she learned they would have searchers on foot looking in woods and ponds, and she realized that they were going to be looking for a body that she turned on Tim and TES and did everything she could to throw monkey wrenches into the search.

I think the more accurate intent of CA's phone call was to emphasize the search equating to a "live" Caylee. TM's group is described as a "search and rescue" organization so she took that literally to mean they would ONLY be searching for a "live" Caylee. Looking back, TM was up front with her from the beginning but she was not up front with him. If you truly want to find your loved one, you don't behave like she did. IMO

I think initially Cindy thought Tim Miller was going to come and help in the search for a live Caylee.

It was when Cindy learned that Tim was going to have search teams walking through woods looking for a body, that she suddenly wanted no part of it and tried to stop it.

I think the more accurate intent of CA's phone call was to emphasize the search equating to a "live" Caylee. TM's group is described as a "search and rescue" organization so she took that literally to mean they would ONLY be searching for a "live" Caylee. Looking back, TM was up front with her from the beginning but she was not up front with him. If you truly want to find your loved one, you don't behave like she did. IMO

IIRC, TM had to coordinate a live search in Texas along with this one in Orlondo (:D) to placate CA. She may not have truly been aware of Tims' orgainization or what their role truly was but it was her way or the highway and again, she got her way. It's just dispicable to me to allow this baby to continue to decompose to skeletal remains when Inmate Anthony and Baez could have brought her home on day 32! Shameful how this family acted and still act. If anything, this family shows how one should not act when a loved one goes missing.

I don't know how they sleep at night, I don't know how they prance around that home and not do what's right for Caylee. I do believe all that this family has done will come back to bite them in the end, for they all may find themselves guests at Orange County Jailhouse!

Tim Miller is mentioned in the 'hammer' video at the 3:11 mark. Cindy was asked what Tim Miller was going to be doing. Cindy finally said:

"I want them to do a search around here to satisfy all of you leeches, all of you parasites, all of you maggots out here, ok? That's true because that's exactly what you guys are. All of you guys."

She chastises them for not looking for a live Caylee, curses at them, and calls them names. It is so bizarre knowing that Casey was out on bond, not talking, but Cindy was still blaming everyone else during this video.

I wonder how hammering signs in her front lawn was helping to find Caylee. :waitasec:

IMO

If you have trouble viewing the video, right click on the video then select 'watch on youtube'.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IcmeiJGSbc[/ame]

I posted this on another thread and realized it probably needed to go here instead:

http://www.extremesearchandrescue.com/index.html

Anyone notice that GA is in the boat picture and CA is in the one of the pictures at the fundraiser function on the Extreme Search and Rescue site. How many organizations for missing children are these people scamming money on. What is funny is not one of the organizations websites (Kidfinders, Caylee Marie Foundation or Extreme Search and Rescue) show any children they have actually looked for or found, NOT ONE!!!!! At least on TM's website he has listed all the people he is searching for and the people he has found. They cant do that because they have never looked for anyone. Also looks like they got themselves a NEW fourwheeler!

The angry voicemail that CA left for Tim Miller includes a statement by Cindy that she gave Tim medication for his back. Does anyone wonder if this may be used by the defense to discredit TM's testimony, or is it too risky for them to suggest that CA may have wrongly dispensed medication?
New here. Don't know how to link the phone call yet, but I will learn.
Just wanted to put this out there as it has always set off some bells and whistles for me.

The angry voicemail that CA left for Tim Miller includes a statement by Cindy that she gave Tim medication for his back. Does anyone wonder if this may be used by the defense to discredit TM's testimony, or is it too risky for them to suggest that CA may have wrongly dispensed medication?
New here. Don't know how to link the phone call yet, but I will learn.
Just wanted to put this out there as it has always set off some bells and whistles for me.

Welcome!

She could have just given him an aspirin. Cindy is a drama queen. I don't think the defense can use it against him, in fact, it shows Tim was soldiering on even though he was in pain.

Tim is a brave soul if a swallowed a pill coming from that house.

I know what you mean though, it set off some bells for me too...wondering what she gave him.

IMO

Thanks JB.
I also wondered about over the counter stuff, but that would have been accessible to TM at any local store.
Maybe Cindy was laying groundwork to sabotage him even back then.

Tim Miller is mentioned in the 'hammer' video at the 3:11 mark. Cindy was asked what Tim Miller was going to be doing. Cindy finally said:

"I want them to do a search around here to satisfy all of you leeches, all of you parasites, all of you maggots out here, ok? That's true because that's exactly what you guys are. All of you guys."

She chastises them for not looking for a live Caylee, curses at them, and calls them names. It is so bizarre knowing that Casey was out on bond, not talking, but Cindy was still blaming everyone else during this video.

I wonder how hammering signs in her front lawn was helping to find Caylee. :waitasec:

IMO

If you have trouble viewing the video, right click on the video then select 'watch on youtube'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IcmeiJGSbc

To me, this whole video and Cindy's reaction is just another example of how the A's took their anger out on everyone else BUT Casey.

They lashed out at anyone and everyone except for the one person who held all the answers and still does.

And the other reason she's so mad is because she can't control the situation. She wants to decide how and when Casey "pays" for Caylee's murder. Cindy wants to be able to put the whole thing behind her and is furious that the rest of the world won't join her.

As hard as it has been to watch, I've been going over old videos of Cindy to get a "handle" on what the H*** is going on with that woman.

None of her behavior makes any sense at all. Tremendous completely nasty mood swings, huddling with folks who are clearly disreputable and could in no way be of any help other than to do her crazy bidding. I can understand her terrible grief if that's what she was showing, but so much anger, so much hate directed to anyone and everyone who is genuinely trying to bring her precious grandchild home in anyway it can be done is just mind boggling.

Clearly she has lied, obstructed justice, etc., etc., and I wonder if down the road there will ever be a day of reckoning when her mind clears and she can look back and truly be able to see what she has done. Maybe from a jail cell?

And the other reason she's so mad is because she can't control the situation. She wants to decide how and when Casey "pays" for Caylee's murder. Cindy wants to be able to put the whole thing behind her and is furious that the rest of the world won't join her.

~Respectfully snipped~

IMO, CA had planned on TM being her puppet. She wanted him there searching for a live Caylee so that she could say "See, she is alive. Tim is looking for a live Caylee". When she realized he was also going to be searching for a body (which, anyone with common sense would see that as expected in a missing baby case) she was furious because it would reinforce the publics opinion that kc killed Caylee. And, of course, there was the possibility he might find her, which was the last thing any of the A's wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member