2009.22.09 Nancy Grace

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is she calls in an hour before the show airs and has them put her on hold....I have wondered the same thing numerous times and that is all I can ever come up with....But I think the producers need to only let her thru a couple times a month...
You're probably right! :)

Whose name is the cell phone in? Is it a pay-as-you-go phone (prepaid) or is it a contractual phone?

Thanks ! I thought thats what was said by the reporter.

Now Im even more confused. If thats true, how can it be proved that Tommy was for sure at Rons & Mistis banging on the door (or whatever) ?

Oh Lord, Nyquil and Crime questions dont mix, lol.
Well, it could be proven if nobody was home!! Now if MC and Junior were there, I really do think one of the two of them would've heard pounding on the door. I wonder what Jr. would say? MOO

Right, I remember that. That's what I was thinking about, b/c it was one of the only times George & Gindy were helpful with LE "not having to get a warrant" for info. They volunteered the phone records...of course, afterwards, they had to get a warrant for the receipts of cc purchases, etc. This is why I'm wondering about the phone records. Whose phone was it? Whose permission would they need to obtain records? I would have thought they'd have everyone's phone records at this point, considering everyone was hammering off how much they want Haleigh found...kwim? Something's off, SS. For some reason, I think Misty seems suspicious...but not b/c I think she did something to Haleigh.

Mark Klaas, Nancy Grace, Art Harris - would somebody please ask the PCSO if they performed a drug test on any of these immediate people after they were initially questioned...especially since tons of people came forward with info regarding drugs? If not, could you please ask "Why" and ask them to make their answer to this question public? That is how it would have been handled in any other situation regarding a missing child and family/friends that were on drugs...especially if poly's are being given to them. We as tax paying citizens that pay for their jobs deserve to know the answer.
From what I understand about Casey's pings, they did not have to go through Cindy and George to obtain them...but I could be mistaken. I recall they had to request them for investigative purposes through Rob personally for some reason.

I don't care to know the answer about drugs in this case as I do not believe drugs have anything to do with Haleigh going missing. I want to know everything possible about Tommy and his supposed alibi after he went to the house and then "hung out in the area" afterward tho. How long was he gone from his house? When did Lindsey notice he was gone or when he returned? When did he get rid of the red truck? When did he jump headlong into doing crack, crank, or whatever he was doing after Haleigh went missing? Was he drinking heavily after she went missing? Where did he hang out before she went missing and with whom? Was he with JO that night? I have many questions I think NG should be asking!!

Thanks ! I thought thats what was said by the reporter.

Now Im even more confused. If thats true, how can it be proved that Tommy was for sure at Rons & Mistis banging on the door (or whatever) ?

Oh Lord, Nyquil and Crime questions dont mix, lol.
That is my point...it cannot be proven that Tommy banged on the door nor can it be proven he did not enter and take Haleigh. His DNA and fingerprints are already all over that place. I do think he was there and told LE because someone saw him and/or his red truck near the home that night. He sold it soon after she went missing. Misty did state in her tests that others brought it up about the red truck being seen that night. Who was it? LE? Neighbors?

I love Mark Klass. He brought up some very good points. He seemed annoyed about this possible fight and that Misty left. Nancy said to him know one knows Mark where Misty is, she could have gone to the beach, she could be out with friends and he said "nobody knows where she is but theres no sense to be made to any of that story...LOL...Mark your totally correct.

From what I understand about Casey's pings, they did not have to go through Cindy and George to obtain them...but I could be mistaken. I recall they had to request them for investigative purposes through Rob personally for some reason.

I don't care to know the answer about drugs in this case as I do not believe drugs have anything to do with Haleigh going missing. I want to know everything possible about Tommy and his supposed alibi after he went to the house and then "hung out in the area" afterward tho. How long was he gone from his house? When did Lindsey notice he was gone or when he returned? When did he get rid of the red truck? When did he jump headlong into doing crack, crank, or whatever he was doing after Haleigh went missing? Was he drinking heavily after she went missing? Where did he hang out before she went missing and with whom? Was he with JO that night? I have many questions I think NG should be asking!!
Something just occurred to me about this recent revelation that TC went over to the house around 10pm. Maybe he's thinking LE has found out something, or will find out something, to prove he was there and is covering it up by saying it was in response to a phone call by RC looking for MC ~ and saying MC wasn't home to cast more suspicion on her as having had something to do with Haleigh's disappearance? I think LE should look long and hard at everything he was doing that night. MOO

I'm completely with you here, just that I personally believe that this is the reason for Misty's "iffy" poly. Smoking weed does not make her a killer. It would all add up, if so. See where I'm going with this? This could actually explain some things...like how she could sleep through somebody coming into the house and taking Haleigh from the very room she herself was in. It could explain her not answering the phone...maybe she didn't hear it b/c she was so dead asleep - trust me, no pun intended. It would also explain why she didn't come forward with her sus[icions regarding Tommy, especially if he was the one she may have gotten "high" with. This is only speculation, but it very possibly could answer a few things. Plus, Joe & Tommy could have laced something, to make Misty go to sleep for all I know. If Tommy really did smoke crack like Misty says he does, then the dude is capable of anything. Crack does some pretty evil things to people, makes them do things they might not even remember. I do wonder if drugs can help conceal answers given in a poly...something to think about. I think that's one of the reason's they aren't admissable in court...b/c sometimes people even remember things that never even happened with pcp (justa n example).

That is my point...it cannot be proven that Tommy banged on the door nor can it be proven he did not enter and take Haleigh. His DNA and fingerprints are already all over that place. I do think he was there and told LE because someone saw him and/or his red truck near the home that night. He sold it soon after she went missing. Misty did state in her tests that others brought it up about the red truck being seen that night. Who was it? LE? Neighbors?
(bolding mine)

Exactly what I'm thinking too!

Sorry to ask this but Im not only confused but have the flu too.

Wasnt it said on NG last night that Ron had called Tommy and asked him if he'd heard from Misti ? Not asked Tommy to go over to Rons & Mistis to check it out ?
tia

kithshaaglitgetwel.jpg

Something just occurred to me about this recent revelation that TC went over to the house around 10pm. Maybe he's thinking LE has found out something, or will find out something, to prove he was there and is covering it up by saying it was in response to a phone call by RC looking for MC ~ and saying MC wasn't home to cast more suspicion on her as having had something to do with Haleigh's disappearance? I think LE should look long and hard at everything he was doing that night. MOO
It is exactly what I have been saying since he placed himself at the scene closer than anyone else to the time she went missing. I think they already told him someone saw his truck or him plus they have the call from Ronald which is on the records and this was his explanation. I believe he did go over there like he said, but he has lied about what happened afterward.

Whose name is the cell phone in? Is it a pay-as-you-go phone (prepaid) or is it a contractual phone?

This is my thought on the pre-paid phones that R&M got from TM the weekend that he took them to Orlando for the test on MC....Since RC had told TM that he did not want to take there own phone because he thought they were tapped...I think that TM very well may have gotten ahold of LE and had them provide him with the pre-paid phones that very well may have had a tap in them.....At least this is what I hope happened..If this is what happened them LE woudl own the phones...and if not then TM would own them..

I thought the same thing, that Misty said this in the beginning. Wasn't it the neighbors that saw the red truck too? Didn't they soon go back home to PA afterwards? Or am I confused about which people? I'm thinking the people that rented to Ron. Misty stated in the interview that her father begged Tommy to keep the red truck b/c it was her father's only transportation to and from the doctor's office, grocery store, or anywhere for that matter. He even paid him $500 to keep the truck...but Tommy sold it anyway. That in and of itself should make police think... IMO, that truck should have been confiscated and kept for as long as the flipping van was!

It is exactly what I have been saying since he placed himself at the scene closer than anyone else to the time she went missing. I think they already told him someone saw his truck or him plus they have the call from Ronald which is on the records and this was his explanation. I believe he did go over there like he said, but he has lied about what happened afterward.
This is just speculation, but what if MC had gone out, propped the back door open, left the kids inside, and he went inside and took Haleigh? I'm not seeing a motive yet, or where Haleigh could be now, but it seems there's a lot of talk about drugs being used and people tend to do strange things (for lack of a better term) when using them. Just MOO and speculation!!

I thought the same thing, that Misty said this in the beginning. Wasn't it the neighbors that saw the red truck too? Didn't they soon go back home to PA afterwards? Or am I confused about which people? I'm thinking the people that rented to Ron. Misty stated in the interview that her father begged Tommy to keep the red truck b/c it was her father's only transportation to and from the doctor's office, grocery store, or anywhere for that matter. He even paid him $500 to keep the truck...but Tommy sold it anyway. That in and of itself should make police think... IMO, that truck should have been confiscated and kept for as long as the flipping van was!
Misty stated this in the video during her testing that Tim set up. Tim investigated and found the red truck (which proved Misty did not lie about it, imo) and he called LE who hauled it in for testing.

It was fortunate for LE that they got wind of Tommy's robbery of MM and had an opportunity to put him in jail. What a stroke of luck! His mom and dad ran to TN when they knew that they were going to be questioned...so how much do they know?!

...and to further add to this...follow me here SS...isn't it ironic (in Alanis Morisette's voice)... dontcha think ... that the taped interview with Misty stating something about Tommy smoking crack, using his red truck, cousin Joe being involved, etc - all hits the public media and all of a sudden Tommy suddenly remembers that Ron called Misty 20 times & sent Tommy over to the house to check on her ... yeah, dontcha think ... Tommy's covering his *advertiser censored*! ... but he's sinking his own ship in the mean time - let him hang himself!

It's been awhile since I've been in, but thought I would post this here. HELLO everyone! I don't understand why the information that Ron tried to call Misty over 20 times and had "Tommy" go down to the trailer and check, is just coming out. Heck, maybe I missed all of this. What in the heck is going on?

Intimate details released in Haleigh Cummings investigation

Updated: Tuesday, 22 Sep 2009, 5:58 PM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 22 Sep 2009, 4:44 PM EDT

* By MATT SAFFER | FOX 30 Jacksonville

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/cummings_case/092209_haleigh_cummings

PUTNAM COUTNY, Fla. (WAWS-TV) - Detectives involved with the Haleigh Cummings investigation have been tight lipped about any details involving the case. On Tuesday, for the first time, they released the details of an interview conducted with Hank Croslin Jr., Misty Cummings brother. They say he told them he went by Haleigh Cummings home the night she disappeared, and no one was there.

This is different from the story Misty Cummings has told police. She has said time and time again that she was home the entire evening on the night Haleigh disappeared.

What she’s told us is a farce…and the idea that she was doing what she says she was doing and how she was doing it is just not believable…its totally unbelievable in fact, said Major Gary Bowling of the Putnam County Sheriffs Office .

Hank Croslin Jr. is already in jail on an unrelated grand theft charge. On Thursday, he was interviewed by police in regards to the Haleigh Cummings investigation. He told officers on the night Haleigh disappeared; he received a call from Haleighs father Ronald Cummings.

In the interview, Hank tells us something very interesting. Which is that Ronald had attempted, the night of the ninth, the evening before Haleigh went missing, that Ronald had made several calls to Misty that went unanswered. So Ronald ultimately calls her brother Hank, better known as Tommy, asking Tommy to go down the street to the residence to see if he can make contact with Misty. Hank says he does, around 9:45 or 10 o’clock, go down the street and he says when he gets there the lights are off in the trailer, he says its dark, and quite, said Major Bowling.

Bowling went on to say that Hank Jr. showed him how hard he banged on the door, and told them he stayed in the area for awhile waiting for Misty to either answer the door or come home. Hank Jr. says after some time passed, he gave up and assumed she wasn’t home.

We believe that releasing some of the information we’ve found out advances the investigation. And particularly the way that we think this will advance it is that Misty’s family now knows about this information that I’m telling you now about Hank. We hope that the family or maybe Misty by her own conscience, if there is a discrepancy, that if she was indeed not home or she wants to explain why Hank banged on the door, with no response we want to hear Misty’s side of that, said Major Bowling.
Major Bowling went on to say that on the Saturday following the interview with Hank Jr., Misty voluntarily came into the Sheriffs Office for questioning. But, he says she did not talk discuss Hank Jr.s interview.

Misty is the type that if you ask her a question that she doesn’t want to answer, she reminds us she has a lawyer, said Bowling.

Action News spoke with Misty’s lawyer on Tuesday. Robert Fields tells us Misty is out of town and will be for the next few days. He says Misty is sticking to her story that she was home the night Haleigh disappeared. He also says he believes the story Hank Jr. is telling deputies is not true. Fields says as soon as the Sheriffs Office contacts him to do a formal interview with Misty, he will be glad to consider it.

We’ve said for some time now, quite unapologetically, that we think that Misty has some information that she needs to tell us, and its information like this just like this that she needs to clarify so we can understand better what she was doing that evening. If Misty, who is represented by attorney Robert Fields, if they want to come down here, we would love to ask her some questions specifically and narrowly about that evening, said Major Bowling.

Major Bowling also talked about Misty’s cell phone. Action News asked him if he could use GPS technology to track down exactly where Misty was the night Haleigh disappeared. Major Bowling wouldn’t go into details, but says they are investigating those facts.

There are some things we can do with electronics, and there were some problems with the electronics…that’s about as far as I can go into that…there’s some things were still working on trying to get cleared up in regards to electronic intelligence, said Major Bowling.

Action News asked the Putnam County Sheriffs Office about possible charges it might file against Misty if it turns out that she was lying about where she was the night Haleigh disappeared. The Sheriffs Office said it wasn’t at that point yet.

We haven’t arrived at a place that will allow us to articulate probable cause for arrest yet…the issue is that---we have a lot of little things, but really coming to the point where we can in good faith go to a judge and seek a warrant or simply make a probably cause arrest, were simply not there, said Major Bowling.

Misty stated this in the video during her testing that Tim set up. Tim investigated and found the red truck (which proved Misty did not lie about it, imo) and he called LE who hauled it in for testing.

It was fortunate for LE that they got wind of Tommy's robbery of MM and had an opportunity to put him in jail. What a stroke of luck! His mom and dad ran to TN when they knew that they were going to be questioned...so how much do they know?!

duh...I just posted the same thing :blowkiss:

This is just speculation, but what if MC had gone out, propped the back door open, left the kids inside, and he went inside and took Haleigh? I'm not seeing a motive yet, or where Haleigh could be now, but it seems there's a lot of talk about drugs being used and people tend to do strange things (for lack of a better term) when using them. Just MOO and speculation!!
If she did leave...there was no reason to prop open the door because it did not have an internal lock of any kind and neither did the one with the deadbolt.

Another poster on another thread mentioned that since we now know Tommy is a thief (according to his mom) that Tommy propped open the door thinking no one was home because of the "dark and quiet" to rob them. My theory is now he found the front door unlocked and went into the house...flipped on the kitchen light...unlocked the back door in order to ready it for carrying stuff out and into that red truck...but perhaps Haleigh woke up and surprised him.

Hi, I have never posted here before, but I read and do follow the case somewhat closely.

My thoughts are that possibly MC did go away to a rehab/psychiatric hospital. This could be her choice to get away from Ron because she is afraid of the truth coming out soon and about what he may do to her when he finds out. LE could have also suggested it could be a good place to go to get away and she could use that as her excuse to Ron as to why she has to leave for a while. It's not like she doesn't have drug problems anyway, and if she did have suicidal thoughts, for real or faked, that could get the authorities to have her Baker Acted. She may have had no choice in the end when it came to having to leave RC's grasp.

Just a few thoughts and possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member