2010.04.05 Hearing Today Monday 10am EST

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The defense did comply in my opinion. They sent in an proffessional company to look at the records. After all, the records are un organized. Furthermore, just based on what so many people say, Jb is not intellegent enough to handle this kind of job. Mn denied access. So there you have it. Moo

That might be your own opinion, but that isn't what the court ruling made by Judge Strickland stated for the guidelines of viewing those documents.

JS didn't rule that a copy company could come in and view those records now did he?

No, he didn't.

Baez had better learn to adhere to the court rules instead of making up his own rules!

WTG Nejame, show 'em how it's done, baby!...MOTION DENIED! :dance:

bbm

The bald guy is Jim Lichtenstein, producer for NBC.

Wow, I am not usually this inept. I apologize. I don't why NBC bothers to stick around, though.

Also, I was the one who implied AL wasn't on the defense team anymore because she wasn't there today (thankfully. I think she might have attacked Baez had she seen his performance today). Casey doesn't need two dp qualified people on her team, so I just assumed AL left quietly. But there's been no official word yet, so I apologize for starting a rumor.

I am so off my game today! I totally blame Baez. Ha! Just now when I was typing his name, my Iphone lowercased the first letter of his name! My dang phone has no respect for him, lol!

MN said in the hearing today said that that company was a copy company, to make copies for defense.

MN did not deny access to JB - MN denied a "copy company" from coming to his office and making copies, and rightfully so, it would have been against the Judges order.

No, they tried to send in a company to COPY the records. Ain't gonna happen based on the ruling that JS set forth.
Please tell me what is wrong with JB or his team in doing the job they were hired to do???? The company they were going to send in were going to (I repeat) COPY the documents. :banghead:

Don't forget that once they were told that they wouldn't be able to copy the documents, they wanted MN to FAX the docs over to JB's office..

The defense did comply in my opinion. They sent in an proffessional company to look at the records. After all, the records are un organized. Furthermore, just based on what so many people say, Jb is not intellegent enough to handle this kind of job. Mn denied access. So there you have it. Moo

I think all of the above quoted remarks answer the question. The defense did not follow the judges order as it was given. The defense was ordered to review the files and make note of any files they wanted that were relevant and to present those to the judge. They were not directed to copy every file or have every file faxed to their office. The defense clearly did not following the ruling as it was originally ordered. At no point did MN ever bar the defense from coming to review the files as ordered. He did prohibit the copy company from coming in and making copies of the files because that was not what was ordered. JB tried to circumvent the order and when that didn't work he filed this motion....which has now been denied.

I love Stan Strickland!

That makes 2 of us! He is not only patient and amicable but he is a very wise man. He denied the motion but he is still leaving the door open a bit in case something/someone pertinent surfaces.

Sorry still catching up , but Jose never asks the Judge permission to approach the bench he just walks up there to hand things over...that is so disrespectful , and unprofessional imo....

I honestly don't think this ruling is a big shock to most. The original ruling stands and the defense needs to comply with it. Lets see if JB and Co. even go to review the files.

That makes 2 of us! He is not only patient and amicable but he is a very wise man. He denied the motion but he is still leaving the door open a bit in case something/someone pertinent surfaces.

Yep, and it's just the same as he ruled on the issue last year. He told the defense to GO LOOK at the records, after that if there's anything you deem important enough to warrant copies I'll look at it then and make a ruling. What is it about GO LOOK that Baez does not get? It's baffling.

I think all of the above quoted remarks answer the question. The defense did not follow the judges order as it was given. The defense was ordered to review the files and make note of any files they wanted that were relevant and to present those to the judge. They were not directed to copy every file or have every file faxed to their office. The defense clearly did not following the ruling as it was originally ordered. At no point did MN ever bar the defense from coming to review the files as ordered. He did prohibit the copy company from coming in and making copies of the files because that was not what was ordered. JB tried to circumvent the order and when that didn't work he filed this motion....which has now been denied.

Thank you - thank you - thank you! I have tried to say exactly this several times, however I have not been able to express the above so clearly and completely. I gave a huge sigh of relief when I saw your posting - Marspiter will say this so folks "get it".

And where the heck is Sleutherontheside today???

Wow, I am not usually this inept. I apologize. I don't why NBC bothers to stick around, though.

Also, I was the one who implied AL wasn't on the defense team anymore because she wasn't there today (thankfully. I think she might have attacked Baez had she seen his performance today). Casey doesn't need two dp qualified people on her team, so I just assumed AL left quietly. But there's been no official word yet, so I apologize for starting a rumor.

I am so off my game today! I totally blame Baez. Ha! Just now when I was typing his name, my Iphone lowercased the first letter of his name! My dang phone has no respect for him, lol!

The 'rumor' that AL is seeking a graceful exit is all over the web though, so don't blame yourself... no smoke etc.

Thank you - thank you - thank you! I have tried to say exactly this several times, however I have not been able to express the above so clearly and completely. I gave a huge sigh of relief when I saw your posting - Marspiter will say this so folks "get it".

And where the heck is Sleutherontheside today???

Oh my..........I was missed?????????????????????????/ My heart is so warm and fuzzy after reading this.
Just got back from vacation less than 36 hours ago. While I did watch half of the hearing via link and on Tru TV.....I have been so scattered in and out and handling chaos and dealing with fires to extinguish and calls to return and seeing paparazzi to avoid that I have not posted at all.

Wow. I missed the entire thing.

Is there another site that has the full video of the hearing besides WFTV? I checked the news links and didn't see anything. I also checked Patty's youtube but she just linked back to wftv lol.

I always have trouble with that site streaming video. It has to buffer every 2secs. Any help or alternate sites would be appreciated!

Motion Denied After Tempers Flare During Casey Hearing

Updated: 4:55 pm EDT April 5,2010

"Snip" http://www.wftv.com/news/23053460/detail.html

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Lawyers yelled in court Monday during the latest hearing in Casey Anthony's murder case, but Casey sat expressionless, rarely cracking a smile and hardly saying a word to her lawyers. In the end, Judge Stan Strickland denied Casey's defense team their request (read order).

JUDGE'S ORDER: Judge Denies Defense Request http://www.wftv.com/pdf/23059303/detail.html

CASEY ARRIVES: Raw Video http://www.wftv.com/video/23054538/index.html

See Images: http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/23054592/detail.html

CASEY ANTHONY HEARING ON 4/5/10

Part 1 http://www.wftv.com/video/23056801/index.html

Part 2 http://www.wftv.com/video/23057236/index.html

VIDEO REPORT: Casey Attends Court Hearing http://www.clickorlando.com/video/23056497/index.html

Well dang...I really wanted JS to impose costs and fees on the defense....but I guess that really is out of the question since the defendant is indigent and he would only have been imposing MORE costs on the State of Florida.
I guess it's too much to hope for JS would find JB in contempt and fine him MN's billable hours? :)

They did NOT send a professional company to "look at the records" they wanted to send a professional company to COPY THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

MN rejected that offer, because it was not in accordance with the Judge's order. The order stated that JB and company could come REVIEW the documents flag what they believed relevant and the judge would review (in camera) and rule on their relevancy. If deemed relevant then they could be released per sunshine laws.

JB doesn't want to do his job. What MN suggested and the Judge agreed is NOT uncommon in the legal field. I can't tell you how many times my firm has issued subpoenas to third parties and we have agreed to go review documents and then in turn only copy only the relevant ones.

They did NOT send a professional company to "look at the records" they wanted to send a professional company to COPY THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

MN rejected that offer, because it was not in accordance with the Judge's order. The order stated that JB and company could come REVIEW the documents flag what they believed relevant and the judge would review (in camera) and rule on their relevancy. If deemed relevant then they could be released per sunshine laws.

JB doesn't want to do his job. What MN suggested and the Judge agreed is NOT uncommon in the legal field. I can't tell you how many times my firm has issued subpoenas to third parties and we have agreed to go review documents and then in turn only copy only the relevant ones.

By chance is that particular reproduction company affiliated with JB's former employee??

Sorry still catching up , but Jose never asks the Judge permission to approach the bench he just walks up there to hand things over...that is so disrespectful , and unprofessional imo....

Yes, and that would never fly in Federal District courts. JB would get his head bitten off if he tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop