2010.04.06 Jail House Letters Released #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks much, AZ! :blowkiss:

I guess some of what I saw as highly prejudicial was just extremely damaging. And, I do mean extremely damaging. Like TWA said somewhere on one of these threads, considering her racist remarks I don't have a clue how they will seat a diverse jury who won't be offended.

I agree with your comments and those of AZLawyer above because since I finished the letters then moved on to the various testimonies, I was shocked and stunned Baez was so casual about the letters release.

My first thought was - That LAZY ASP! He hasn't even read them.

Then I had one of those wait a minute moments - but it took all night to finally burn through my furious brain.:waitasec:

Let's say Baez objected, and got the letters suppressed. Just look at the number of witnesses that could provide testimony. Unimpeachable witness. He'd never be able to keep this stuff out of the trial. I think he thought (okay you are right - Mason told him) give it up, you aren't going to win this round.

I have no idea how it works,but wouldn't her other lawyers be in on that decision? Mason was there and could have objected. I would think ,being the DP qualified lawyers,AL and MC would have a high stake in the decision. Unless this was a calculated move,I think the whole team let her down. Maybe they thought this was their Hail Mary pass. Go for broke.All or nothing. I think they got nothing if the defense thought this would help KC.

Releasing these letters, JB now can say his client KC was abusd by parents and brother, no love, uncared for.
Insanity KC killed Caylee to SAVE Caylee (from the life KC had with the 3).
That the 3 drove her to murder.
JB will fight and say who sneezes as an answer that GOD says it is right.
Reasonable doubt..............KC is nuts...........no DP.

Plea bargain for life in mental institution................let's see JB next step.
I think JB is tired of all this. He knows he cannot win. JB is getting no pay.
Cheney is just there to win no DP.

Thanks much, AZ! :blowkiss:

I guess some of what I saw as highly prejudicial was just extremely damaging. And, I do mean extremely damaging. Like TWA said somewhere on one of these threads, considering her racist remarks I don't have a clue how they will seat a diverse jury who won't be offended.

That could very well be there plan. I did want to ask why she mentioned the "Walsh's" when she was writing about the COV to Miami. It was said, as if having the "Walsh's" was a postive to her trial. Was she referring to John Walsh? I know John Walsh does have a home in Miami. I have heard John Walsh speak about this case, and he said KC is guilty.

BBM -- I've only read 150 pgs, and now I'm cheating and reading what others are saying. I'll get back to the letters in a bit. BUT, I'm facinated by what JB's motives might be for creating this great divide between KC and her family. Is it because they didn't like him, and wanted her to have another attorney? Is it because she/they kept "giving things away" during their videotaped visits, and he decided that breaking down that family was worth it if it helped her case? I don't see any unselfish reason for him to have alienated his client from her family -- and he surely did do exactly that. Mind blowing. Okay, back to the letters :read:

Thank you! I was thinking the same thing! There's a thing called parental alienation...my ex and his wife practice it actually. JB is manipulating her against her parents, their lawyer, Lee. Mabye b/c he heard GA say he didn't like JB in one of the interviews, I don't know but he is definately doing it on purpose.

Excellent point! BOMBSHELL as JB would say. It proves to me that when KC got her tattoo the missing star was her dead daughter Caylee. We all know she portrays herself as a perfectionist. I say depo the tattoo guy again about the missing star.

There was also the point about the black garbage bag and baby blanket Casey told Robyn about - and that is information the chaplain who told Casey about finding Caylee's body, did not know and DID NOT tell her.

Releasing these letters, JB now can say his client KC was abusd by parents and brother, no love, uncared for.
Insanity KC killed Caylee to SAVE Caylee (from the life KC had with the 3).
That the 3 drove her to murder.
JB will fight and say who sneezes as an answer that GOD says it is right.
Reasonable doubt..............KC is nuts...........no DP.

Plea bargain for life in mental institution................let's see JB next step.
I think JB is tired of all this. He knows he cannot win. JB is getting no pay.
Cheney is just there to win no DP.

I wonder if this is why she looked so angry and glum at the last court hearing??? She sure was po'd about something, not her giddy self....

And all these posts about JB sneaking letters etc. to Casey in jail...big deal, we all know LE knows about this...they'll deal with it, or not, but either way, they know...

I agree with your comments and those of AZLawyer above because since I finished the letters then moved on to the various testimonies, I was shocked and stunned Baez was so casual about the letters release.

My first thought was - That LAZY ASP! He hasn't even read them.

Then I had one of those wait a minute moments - but it took all night to finally burn through my furious brain.:waitasec:

Let's say Baez objected, and got the letters suppressed. Just look at the number of witnesses that could provide testimony. Unimpeachable witness. He'd never be able to keep this stuff out of the trial. I think he thought (okay you are right - Mason told him) give it up, you aren't going to win this round.

BINGO. And since the dollars are limited, and the ABC money train is derailed for now, JB just said "freak it". Now had CM of MC (get it mixed up) NOT been around, you can bet JB in all of his hmm, ehhh, hmmm hawing glory would have been more than happy to grandstand one more day in court.

Honestly to me, the letters sound like she's bored and found someone to "listen" to her. She doesn't really say anything....except for a few things here and there. She's excited to be getting away with passing "sneaky-sneaky" letters. She tells RA things that will make RA respond.

Imagining her in her cell, cold faced and dead eyes scribbling pages upon pages of this madness. In her head, thoughts racing and jumping from fantasy to fantasy. Outside, nothing. Not a forced smile or tear to be had for her "audience".

Remember the one note she wrote while waiting for court? And I always wondered what she was writing while IN court. Perhaps a note to a jailmate?

There was also the point about the black garbage bag and baby blanket Casey told Robyn about - and that is information the chaplain who told Casey about finding Caylee's body, did not know and DID NOT tell her.

It seems like the info about a blanket and a black garbage bag did go around in the media when the remains were found within a day or two...seems like I remember hearing about that, and that is how they were sure it was Caylee cause of the blanket???....I don't think LE confirmed this right away, but seems like it was reported....anyone else remember this?

In the summation on the LE reports, the police were pretty clear that Robyn was sending these letters to a friend on the outside. When this investigation began, the letters were handed over first to Robyn's lawyer, who deemed them "useless" to Robyn's case, in other words, no help at all to reducing her sentence. And that she would be called a jailhouse snitch. She got no consideration whatsoever for her testimony. What I don't know is if she was not given additional time for this illegal behavior, that would have been added on to her sentence if she didn't testify.

While yes, I agree Robyn is a drug dealer, and doing 10 years fed time, she clearly missed her husband and missed her children terribly. She also talks about how surprised she was Casey's case was so very well known. Robyn uses the word national. From my perspective, it seemed Robyn initially believed Casey was not guilty, but came to see, after watching Casey's behavior and reactions, that she probably was a child killer and was concerned she, Robyn, might have information that could be critical to the case. I don't think this woman is a hardened criminal (yet) and she sounds very human and "normal" to me.

ITA. In one of her letters to her friend she says something like "I cry my eyes out every day for my kid and she's inviting me to F-in Costa Rica!!???"

It seems like the info about a blanket and a black garbage bag did go around in the media when the remains were found within a day or two...seems like I remember hearing about that, and that is how they were sure it was Caylee cause of the blanket???....I don't think LE confirmed this right away, but seems like it was reported....anyone else remember this?
The blanket info was out pretty quick. I remember it. But regardless, this gal, Robyn, is telling this story LONG after the fact, so she could have heard that in the media later and has it incorporated into her "facts" OR KC actually told her the Chaplain told HER that, in which case, well, KC GUILTY AS CHARGED...

Problem?
Robyn did not tell them this on Dec 12 or 13...she told them long after that info WAS in the public domain...so there is no way to prove KC told her this...KC is smart. She knows what to put to the pen and what to drop out of the mouth...Cannot prove what you cannot record...and inmates have no recording devices, so this is just one inmates word against anothers...in which case, who is more believable? And will the statement even be admitted?

I wish I had time to go through these letters and count how many times she mentions Caylee's name because I have the feeling it would be just what we expected, not that many tmies considering the amount of words there are written on these 250 pages.

Personally, I think she did mention Caylee quite often in these letters. What was the span of time she wrote these? Summer 08 to early 09? I wish they were dated. They seem out of order.

Other than her tantrum about her Mom picking out court clothes and CA response about her being a *advertiser censored*, she was actually very excited about seeing her Mom in court and getting her letters. I got the impression she really loves and cares about CA. She really doesn't mention George much, and nothing positive. The media saying the parents shouldn't read these letters, and NG show last night certainly made it a bigger deal.

As a mother, I would probably understand my daughter having some angry moments. I'm sure my daughters says some pretty crappy things about me sometimes. LOL. I actually think CA's stand with KC will be even stronger after this. With the denial they are in, they are most likely hanging on every word.

I think Robyn's testimony will be used, as someone pointed out before, inmates testimony against other inmates is not all that unusual......even if it cannot be proven, it may still be used...jmo

I agree with you. Without a doubt, as a whole, the letters were coming in. I was thinking there were portions that were so prejudicial that he could have made a motion to suppress, or redact, those particular portions.

I understand what your saying. JB would have to defend himself with regard to passing emails on to KC from his lap top. Imagine if the judge took JB's lap top to verify that JB was breaking the law by allowing KC to correspond with her parents via email. I think JB knew he would be dragged before the bar for that one. I hope the SA files a complaint with the bar over this illegal matter.

Honestly to me, the letters sound like she's bored and found someone to "listen" to her. She doesn't really say anything....except for a few things here and there. She's excited to be getting away with passing "sneaky-sneaky" letters. She tells RA things that will make RA respond.

I agree. Unfortunatly for KC, Robyn didn't flushy-flushy.

Yes, I think you are right - I think that information did go out in the news fairly quickly - at least after the initial ME autopsy. But my understanding is Casey told Robyn this information immediately after meeting with the chaplain and Baez.

Oh God wait! Did I say KC was smart in my previous post? I didn't mean that. lol I meant she is clever...like a snake...slithering and sliding along avoiding detection...but smart? Uh, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eNeMeEe