2010.04.16 Ron in lockdown??

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yeah, maybe... I'm sure he wouldn't have thought that it was important to inform his lawyer about who all was there but I just think that it might have been natural to express some concern for the family members or just refer the audience in the plural form or mention someone by name when discussing what was discussed. Something along the lines, "I worry about mom, she seemed really devastated..." "when the sheriff told us about..." "Crystal said..." etc.

JMO but if Ron is a suspect in Haleigh's death, he wouldn't have been allowed to go into general population. The jail is taking a big risk by allowing him in general population if they think he is in any way involved in what happened to Haleigh. Truthfully if I were in jail, I don't blame any of them for wanting out of protective custody.

Being in lockdown is different than being isolated from the other prisoners, which is different than being in general pop. Casey Anthony is isolated from the other prisoners but not in lockdown.

What is it that LE would be afraid of in case one of their murder suspect was in GP?
Him/her being beaten up?
Him/her beating someone up?
Him/her telling someone something?
Someone telling him/her something?

In GP at PC do you share a cell?

I said before that IF Ron was a suspect, they wouldn't have taken him out of jail to meet with the rest of the family to hear about the search. And I also believe that if he was a suspect he would not be allowed to go into gen. pop. But I could be wrong.
However....IF LE wanted to gauge his reaction to the news, it's possible. Maybe Ron wasn't exactly with the other family, was placed in another room but with the door open so he could hear. (And his lawyer is either clueless or just playing guessing games with the press, IMO.) I dunno... just guessing. But it sure seems to me that he is NOT being treated as a suspect in this at all. And that's the thing that is really puzzling if he is actually involved. If so many here can see it... why is it that LE hasn't? They are there, on the ground, they talk to people every day, have access to what he is saying and doing, how he's acting. Doncha think at least ONE of them would have that little lightbulb go on over their head and say, "WAIT A MINUTE! HE's GUILTY!" I mean, most of them are trained to be detectives, so looks to me like they couldn't be THAT dense.
And bloggers and reporters who actually talk to LE are saying he is not a suspect, he's been cleared, so.... I wonder why LE hasn't announced that.
Could they be playing him? Could they be holding back information about his role in this, just waiting until they have enough to bring charges?
I don't THINK they would end up charging Misty, Tommy, or Joe unless they had real "concrete" (ahem..) evidence, just to close the case, but it's been known to happen in some places.
Looks like it's a wait and see.
Forgive my rambling... just thinking out loud. Nobody has to agree, just sayin'.

Being in lockdown is different than being isolated from the other prisoners, which is different than being in general pop. Casey Anthony is isolated from the other prisoners but not in lockdown.

Around here, they call it protective custody. They're in a cell by themselves and not allowed to mingle with other inmates.
Some jails have these small cells with solid doors instead of the bars. I don't know about Putnam Co.

If Ron was ever actually in lockdown it is because he caused problems for the jail. Period.

I personally think he was let in general population because LE isn't getting what they want out of him (info/leads) at this point. rc is a mouth and likes to run the show.........in gen pop he can now hear EVERYTHING that is going on so he can get his ducks in a row and/or possible slip up to a "snitch" that tn warned him about. I think LE may be playing their cards right..........when people get "comfy"; they let their guard down!

If Ron was ever actually in lockdown it is because he caused problems for the jail. Period.

Maybe he was in lockdown because they didn't want him talking (as opposed to causing "problems" for the jail) as Natisha Lance stated on HLN last night?

Well I can tell you that his attorney met with him today and prior to this point he was on lockdown he's just now been placed back into general population they didn't want him talking to anyone. But his attorney did see him today(snipped)

At about 2:44
http://www.youtube.com/user/Sierra1947#p/u/11/sZBz9deolDA

Didn't want him talking about what?

I hear what your saying, I thought it was odd but not necessarily nefarious. He said he didn't ask... maybe Ron was more intent on filling Shoemaker in on the information that was conveyed to him about the possible homicide of his daughter than he was about telling who was in the room with him. It could be as simple as he just let Ron talk about what was told to him and it was so emotional the thought to ask never entered Shoemakers mind. Maybe Ron assumed he already knew (since Connie had already told the media Ron was there). Who was in the room, for me, just pales in comparison to the message that must have been being conveyed at the time. Plus on the surface it doesn't seem as if RC is being considered a suspect so the fact that Shoemaker isn't that "keyed in" to what's going on doesn't seem surprising to me either. But that's just my opinion I realize others see it different LOL

Shoemakers interview starts about 2:25
http://www.youtube.com/user/Sierra1947#p/a/u/2/PqvKT9eGT-I.
There is no bigger news than the search, Joe, the meeting. I think Ron's lawyer knows every detail & was just avoiding questions on the meeting. If he doesn't know, then he's worthless as an attorney, & I just don't believe that.

maybe rc wanted access to drugs, and gp would be a good place to start
jmo

TERRY SHOEMAKER, ATTORNEY FOR RONALD CUMMINGS, HALEIGH`S FATHER, JUST MET WITH RON IN JAIL: Considering, he`s holding up quite well. You know, he`s shocked by all the latest news, and he`s anxious to finally have an end to this and find out exactly what happened. But overall, he`s doing pretty well.

CASAREZ: Can you tell us procedurally, earlier in the week we know they called the family to the jail. We know that Ronald was taken somewhere. Can you -- procedurally, what happened to Ronald early this week when authorities came there?

SHOEMAKER: Well, originally, it probably would have been around Wednesday I think he was taken out of his cell and he had been in his cell on his own ever since he was arrested. He was taken over to the sheriff`s office.

They talked to him about what had transpired and the fact that there were some new tips that they were searching. He was then put back -- he has to be put back into general population at that time. He has been in general population ever since then.

And then last night one of the homicide detectives again came over and talked to him, gave him an update on what was going on and what they had found and what they were hoping to find.

CASAREZ: So you`re saying that he was taken from protective custody being alone, which he has been from the beginning, into general population?

SHOEMAKER: Yes. And -- yes, ma`am. And actually, that was Ronald`s request. He didn`t feel as though he was in any danger, and he didn`t think that he actually needed to be in any protective custody. And he asked to be put -- or placed back -- or into general population.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/16/ng.01.html

So we went from RC's attorney saying RC had requested to be placed into GP to a reporter saying he 'was placed into GP.'

I think this is how rumors start.

I'll believe he's in GP when LE says he is. Until then, it COULD be reporter error or interpretation, etc.

Like others have said, 'just because he asked to be placed in GP, doesn't mean he IS in GP.'

Just sayin'
fran

I think the title of the thread is misleading. Ron has always been in protective custody--not lockdown--and he requested to go to GP. JMO

Well for me the fact that RC spent most of this week going through all this without his attorney by his side says a lot more to me than the fact that the attorney may or may not have known who was at the meeting after the fact. But that's just my opinion. We can agree to disagree!

So we went from RC's attorney saying RC had requested to be placed into GP to a reporter saying he 'was placed into GP.'

I'll believe he's in GP when LE says he is. Until then, it COULD be reporter error or interpretation, etc.

Like others have said, 'just because he asked to be placed in GP, doesn't mean he IS in GP.'

Just sayin'
fran

Well, true or not, it is Shoemaker saying he was placed in GP

They talked to him about what had transpired and the fact that there were some new tips that they were searching. He was then put back -- he has to be put back into general population at that time. He has been in general population ever since then.

I don't understand why he corrects himself and changes it to "he has to be put back"

Forgetting the family meeting:

- Ron was taken to the Sheriff's Office Wed. / Misty is taken to dock
- A homicide detective went to talk to him Thurs. evening after POIs were declared.
- Ron sees his attorney Friday.

OKAY!

Just sayin'
fran

Actually Natisha said it live on HLN/Headline News first. Then Shoemaker said it on Nancy Grace later in the evening. Not the other way around like I think you're saying? I think Shoemaker would know if his client is in PC or Gen Pop since he'd just been at the jail to visit him, but of course I could be wrong.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back