2010.06.09 Prosecutors File for 911 Calls to Come into Trial

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure hope this attorney is correct and the 911 tapes do come in. I just read this from the JVM show transcript:

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Mark Eiglarsh, you`re the former prosecutor and criminal defense attorney. I mean, some of the headlines from these tapes: it smells like a dead body in the damn car. My daughter admits now that the babysitter took the child a month ago. And apparently there`s also references to her having taken the car when she shouldn`t have taken the car. In other words, it wasn`t really her car to take. It was her mom`s car.

How is this going to help the prosecution, and do you think it`s going to be allowed in?

EIGLARSH: I think it will be allowed in. And I think it`s going to help the prosecution. Not for all the reasons that you mentioned. Those are like No. 2, No. 3, No. 4.

The No. 1 reason is that the defense wants the jury to think that the person sitting behind the accused always believed her, always supported her, and always thought that there was nothing fishy about the story. From the 911 tape, we`ve all concluded, my God, Cindy even questions her own daughter.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Hold on...

EIGLARSH: And that`s what you get out of it.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1007/14/ijvm.01.html

They have GA on tape in a sworn LE interview admitting he knows that smell and saying he was praying 'please don't let this be my Caylee" when he opened the trunk. He worked homicide. Any court in the land would concider him as acceptable for positively identifying that smell.

Cindy I will concede less so. While as a nurse she has probably had some exposure to it, it really is not a smell you tend to encounter in a clinical or hospital setting. At least not in its rawest most harsh form.
However, Cindy's last job was not in either of those settings, she worked in Home Health, so she may well have encountered a patient of hers who died in the home... You also have patients pass away in nursing homes.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72088"]Interview Reference Guide To Finding All Interviews, Motions, Grand Jury and Trials. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Only the SA has a better vault of transcripts than WEBSLEUTHS thanks to Patty G !!

And they say that George and Cindy had no predicate for knowing the smell of a decomposing body??!!
Uh huulooo! George was previously law enforcement and Cindy is/was a nurse!
They want the statements about the "smell" redacted??!!

Wow, GA a former homicide detective and he doesn't know what a dead body smells like???? He was sick to his stomach when he secretly went to the police station to say so..now, who looks like a fool??? If Baez has anything that can show ICA is truly innocent, why not bring it on. Ask the judge to release his "innocent" client on bail???

This should go in the defense bungles thread...what a laugh that just gave me...how insulting to GA, eh..

CA, claimed to have been a decomposition nurse, never knew one existed but IIRC, that is the term she used..this woman was frantic when she finally learned ICA hadn't had Caylee in her custody for 30 days. The creme on that cake is the excited utterance of, "CASEY, what have you done"! So, IMO, CA did feel ICA did something to Caylee...that she can't take back, JMHO

The calls will come in....they will, they will....JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I sure hope this attorney is correct and the 911 tapes do come in. I just read this from the JVM show transcript:

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Mark Eiglarsh, you`re the former prosecutor and criminal defense attorney. I mean, some of the headlines from these tapes: it smells like a dead body in the damn car. My daughter admits now that the babysitter took the child a month ago. And apparently there`s also references to her having taken the car when she shouldn`t have taken the car. In other words, it wasn`t really her car to take. It was her mom`s car.

How is this going to help the prosecution, and do you think it`s going to be allowed in?

EIGLARSH: I think it will be allowed in. And I think it`s going to help the prosecution. Not for all the reasons that you mentioned. Those are like No. 2, No. 3, No. 4.

The No. 1 reason is that the defense wants the jury to think that the person sitting behind the accused always believed her, always supported her, and always thought that there was nothing fishy about the story. From the 911 tape, we`ve all concluded, my God, Cindy even questions her own daughter.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Hold on...

EIGLARSH: And that`s what you get out of it.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1007/14/ijvm.01.html

There are times I get upset at Eiglarsh because he will be wearing his defense hat (sometimes that annoys me--go figure!)--but for the most part he does seem to try to be fair in his review...hadn't even thought about what he concluded....that to me is a red flag....

Also would like to state that IMO the first two calls just appeared like having them come and see ---- there wasn't to much urgency with them getting there NOW---the last call---YES you heard the urgency--the others not so much...

There are times I get upset at Eiglarsh because he will be wearing his defense hat (sometimes that annoys me--go figure!)--but for the most part he does seem to try to be fair in his review...hadn't even thought about what he concluded....that to me is a red flag....

Also would like to state that IMO the first two calls just appeared like having them come and see ---- there wasn't to much urgency with them getting there NOW---the last call---YES you heard the urgency--the others not so much...

You are right!

Cindy explains the progression of calls starting on page 60 of this:

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/20224558/detail.html

However, Cindy's last job was not in either of those settings, she worked in Home Health, so she may well have encountered a patient of hers who died in the home... You also have patients pass away in nursing homes.
On July 3, thirteen years ago, my own mother died of a sudden cerebral hemorrhage (caused by an undiagnosed brain cancer) at about 10 pm and her body discovered the next morning at about 5 am. That short amount of time was long enough to result in a human decomp smell so strong that we had to hire a special decontamination cleaning team to deal with the area of carpeting where she had collapsed.

Human decomp is a smell unlike any other, and you do not forget it. Kind of like how you instantly recognize the smell of baking bread, except of course it is a terrible smell. IMO Cindy would certainly have smelled it after patients passed away during the night in the nursing home.

Katprint
Always only my own opinions

I am sure this is the correct transcript. The date is incorrect in the title, but this was from 8/1/08.

Here is the link:

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/20224558/detail.html

Starting on Page 60 - Cindy talks about the 911 call

Yes!!!! I just got done reading that whole thing and Cindy ADMITS she HAS smelled a dead body at the morgue before!
I guess that leaves the defense in a bit of a bind, ya think? :woohoo:

Defense motion denied. 911 calls will be brought in at trial. Call 3 let in as an excited utterance. Calls 1 and 2 also allowed in for use.

Just wanted to give credit where credit is due - to all of you who hit the nail on the head with the way Judge Perry would rule and why. Bravo! :clap:

You all are so good - better than Jose Baez for sure! :yes:

Do we have the hearing on tape anywhere? I can only find two minute news clips. TIA!!

Not yet. It was soooooooooooo much longer than usual and then they all had to deal with 5:30 and 6PM newscasts...they probably never got started editing and uploading until sometime after 7PM IMO.

Thanks to QB (:blowkiss:) who linked a copy of the Order in Motions Thread.

Judge Perry's Order

It's a beauty. :)

Pretty much all he had to do was copy & paste much of LDB's motion and citations. :angel:

This judge is going to have a field day if as and when he learns of any ethical violations on the part of Jose Baez. He is not messing around!

Judge Strickland, the irony is rich, indeed.

I am wondering if the reality of how a trial will go is dawning on Casey yet. The 911 hearing was the quietest I have seen her in some time.

This judge is going to have a field day if as and when he learns of any ethical violations on the part of Jose Baez. He is not messing around!

Judge Strickland, the irony is rich, indeed.

I am wondering if the reality of how a trial will go is dawning on Casey yet. The 911 hearing was the quietest I have seen her in some time.

If she is innocent how can the truth hurt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member