2010.06.09 Prosecutors File for 911 Calls to Come into Trial

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone help. Lillian Glass describes Cheney's reaction to the 911 tapes being played in court. I did not see that they were. Can someone tell me if they were actually played in Court during the last hearing and if you can, was it at the beginning or end? REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE AN ANSWER. Thanks so much.

Can someone help. Lillian Glass describes Cheney's reaction to the 911 tapes being played in court. I did not see that they were. Can someone tell me if they were actually played in Court during the last hearing and if you can, was it at the beginning or end? REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE AN ANSWER. Thanks so much.

You know, I think you are right, they didn't play the 911 tapes at that hearing, they discussed them only.

You know, I think you are right, they didn't play the 911 tapes at that hearing, they discussed them only.

Glass may be good at most of her job, but I think she has made several mistakes with this latest hearing. Casey was obviiously crying when her brother mouthed the I love You. Her saying that because she is a sociopath, she does not cry is ludicrous. We don't know all that much about the disorder - frankly it is in its infancy. We know that most of the time they do not feel - but obviously Casey felt hatred and jealousy towards her mother and her mothers interacting with Caylee - so those are emotions right there.

This is the first time I have seen her actually break down without control (albeit for a short time) but she nevertheless did break down. Glass does herself an injustice when she says differently.

Glass may be good at most of her job, but I think she has made several mistakes with this latest hearing. Casey was obviiously crying when her brother mouthed the I love You. Her saying that because she is a sociopath, she does not cry is ludicrous. We don't know all that much about the disorder - frankly it is in its infancy. We know that most of the time they do not feel - but obviously Casey felt hatred and jealousy towards her mother and her mothers interacting with Caylee - so those are emotions right there.

This is the first time I have seen her actually break down without control (albeit for a short time) but she nevertheless did break down. Glass does herself an injustice when she says differently.

I agree, I think KC lost it...but only briefly. She recovered quickly and well..but she did break down...I am not even going to try and figure out why...it doesn't matter...it doesn't matter whether she cried briefly or not...

Just look at the other pictures...she looks like she is trying to control CA by mind control...some of her expressions are eerie.

I agree, I think KC lost it...but only briefly. She recovered quickly and well..but she did break down...I am not even going to try and figure out why...it doesn't matter...it doesn't matter whether she cried briefly or not...

Just look at the other pictures...she looks like she is trying to control CA by mind control...some of her expressions are eerie.

She is just stoic when Cindy gets up there. YOu can see her slightly smile upon Cindy's sitting down - you have to watch - because the camera is rolling on the other happenings in the courtroom - but you can see Casey sort of sheepishly (if that is the right word) smiling. She looks like she is going to break down at one point when Cindy is speaking about Caylee still being alive and other Caylee moments.

Analyzing this "disorder - sociopathism - can drive you crazy because it is so contradicting. - she can come out and chit chat (Cindy's favorite expression, as in chit chatting with Casey during the ride home after finding her at Tony's.) Anyway, Casey comes out chattin up a story with the paralegals who look about 12 and she holds court and has their full attention and then has to be reminded (it seems) that her life hangs in the balance.

It has not hit her yet that Perry has no problem sentencing her to death. The last person he sentenced to death was a man who kidnapped a woman at a shopping center, kept her in his trunk for some 40 minutes and then killed her in a field.

Sounds familiar no? Caylee was kept in the trunk and who knows how she suffered, she may easily have woken up during her time in the trunk if she were gasping for air. So Casey has much to worry about with this Judge who said to the man who kidnapped the woman "you have forfeited the right to live" and who knows what this woman suffered while in your trunk.

Finally and at long last I was able to get my hands on my laptop(KIDS!) and watch the hearing from start to finish. Some things I noticed-Cindy seems to want it both ways-she does know what a dead body smells like and it is a unique smell, she did connect the smell of the car with Caylee being missing, the car did not smell like a dead body and on and on and on with the inconsistencies. When it was the defense she answered one way and when it was the state she answered another way.

Cindy's boss tells us that both Cindy AND George thought the car smelled like a dead body...no, they didn't think it-they KNEW it! She was very clear on that point.

Linda Drane Burdick is one hell of a lawyer and I love her even more now than I ever did before!

Also it appeared to me that Cindy was on some serious medication that kept her very very very calm...now way she maintained her demeanor like that on her own.

And KC? She looked at Linda B. like she wished she could kill her too! Just pure hatred seething out of her eyes every time she looked that woman's way.

Reading the thread now...sociopaths can cry just like the rest of us. The difference is that THEIR tears are ALWAYS for themselves. They feel NO compassion, sympathy or empathy for ANYONE but their own self...

Don't be deceived by tears. They were ALL for HER!

Also, IF Cindy thought for one minute that Caylee was still alive then whose child does she think they creamated and are wearing as jewelery? Why would you destroy someone elses loved ones remains if you thought for one second they were not YOUR loved one? Why would you be so selfish as to deprive some other family of their eternal closure? It is a load of crap that's what it is...she knows Caylee is dead. She grieved herself almost to death. They sent their PI into the same woods where Caylee's DEAD remains were found. They had a memorial for her and delayed depositions on the GUISE of GRIEF so who were they grieving for if it was not Caylee? :banghead:

Also, IF Cindy thought for one minute that Caylee was still alive then whose child does she think they creamated and are wearing as jewelery? Why would you destroy someone elses loved ones remains if you thought for one second they were not YOUR loved one? Why would you be so selfish as to deprive some other family of their eternal closure? It is a load of crap that's what it is...she knows Caylee is dead. She grieved herself almost to death. They sent their PI into the same woods where Caylee's DEAD remains were found. They had a memorial for her and delayed depositions on the GUISE of GRIEF so who were they grieving for if it was not Caylee? :banghead:

Well, Magic-cat, I think it means something like this: Lee said he believes everything his sister says......because he has to. Cindy says: she still believes Caylee is alive.... (unspoken but clearly meant: because she has to). So what does this mean? They know the truth, they just can't believe it is so.... Wakeup call is a short 9 months away. jmo

Reading the thread now...sociopaths can cry just like the rest of us. The difference is that THEIR tears are ALWAYS for themselves. They feel NO compassion, sympathy or empathy for ANYONE but their own self...

Not necessarily true. Sociopaths do cry and most often it is for themselves, but they can have momentary feelings of sadness. This is a new subject - it really is. years ago they said sociopaths cannot be cured. Now they say they can. It use to be get them early, which I am sure is the best, but not anymore, psychiatrists say they can be helped.

I agree that most of the time in this courtroom 99% of the time Casey is putting on a show especially with the dabbing of her eyes. But this last time when she cried after her brother said I love you - her face showed real emotion. So she may not have cared about Caylee and will use whatever she needs at the moment, but that is not to say that when she sees her brother she can not feel something.

These absolute statements about disorders are just, imo, incorrect. I would agree that she is a sociopath and if the moment presented itself again and she saw no other way or did not like the situation, she is capable of killing again. But she is also capable of feeling something for her brother and that has nothing to do with her killing her child who she was a bother to her to say the least.

Just my opinion.

Not necessarily true. Sociopaths do cry and most often it is for themselves, but they can have momentary feelings of sadness. This is a new subject - it really is. years ago they said sociopaths cannot be cured. Now they say they can. It use to be get them early, which I am sure is the best, but not anymore, psychiatrists say they can be helped.

I agree that most of the time in this courtroom 99% of the time Casey is putting on a show especially with the dabbing of her eyes. But this last time when she cried after her brother said I love you - her face showed real emotion. So she may not have cared about Caylee and will use whatever she needs at the moment, but that is not to say that when she sees her brother she can not feel something.

These absolute statements about disorders are just, imo, incorrect. I would agree that she is a sociopath and if the moment presented itself again and she saw no other way or did not like the situation, she is capable of killing again. But she is also capable of feeling something for her brother and that has nothing to do with her killing her child who she was a bother to her to say the least.

Just my opinion.
I don't disagree that she showed real feeling, but I do steadfastly stand by my statement that ALL of her tears (and those of any true sociopath) always are for themselves in some form or fashion. In this case, poor me, I don't get to be out where I can BE loved by my brother...boo hoo...I am behind bars...But hmmm...in her prison letters it seems she was indicating her brother had molested her...so I seriously doubt she was crying for HIM, ya know? And I am sure she did feel something...but it was for her own self, not for him...she cares about one single thing-KC...all she feels for the others, in my own opinion, is what they can do for her, or be for her, etc. Lee is free. Lee still proclaims his love. What else is she going to do when she sees him BUT cry? For her own lost freedom, and her own inability to love anyone other than her own useless self.

I don't disagree that she showed real feeling, but I do steadfastly stand by my statement that ALL of her tears (and those of any true sociopath) always are for themselves in some form or fashion. In this case, poor me, I don't get to be out where I can BE loved by my brother...boo hoo...I am behind bars...But hmmm...in her prison letters it seems she was indicating her brother had molested her...so I seriously doubt she was crying for HIM, ya know? And I am sure she did feel something...but it was for her own self, not for him...she cares about one single thing-KC...all she feels for the others, in my own opinion, is what they can do for her, or be for her, etc. Lee is free. Lee still proclaims his love. What else is she going to do when she sees him BUT cry? For her own lost freedom, and her own inability to love anyone other than her own useless self.

You have got her number. If you play back the tape, watch Baez and Mason, they both pat her and smile at her as if to say, you see there, sweetie, he does still care about you, you can finally exhale. It was odd like they were happy for her. It was fleeting, because, of course Baez knew Lee was about to drop the bomb. No question she was crying for herself. You didn't see her mouthing I am sorry Lee, now did ya?
The Florida Bar summed up the problem regarding our Mr. Baez.
"His overall behavior, they wrote, showed "A total lack of respect for the rights of others and a total lack of respect for the legal system, which is absolutely inconsistent with the character and fitness qualities required of those seeking to be afforded the highest position of trust and confidence recognized by our system of law."

Just my opinion.

BRAVO Solace! You said it so much better than I could have! I agree 100%. Casey IS a sociopath, she DOES feel things for her brother (and I would wager her parents as well) and you are absolutely right on. That would not and DID not stop her from killing her child. (Please note.. I did not say she feels love or empathy for her family.. I just said she feels.. as in affection for things they have done for HER.. not as persons in their own right)

I personally think she killed Caylee for the reason her grandmother SP, stated. Casey hated Cindy more than she loved Caylee.

Cindy does NOT hold her tongue, she has proven she is scathing, bitter and vindictive beotch when worked up, and it's pretty much a given that during that "non existent" blowout that she and Casey had before Casey left.. that Cindy would have pulled the "oh yeah? JUST WATCH ME TAKE YOUR DAUGHTER FROM YOU.. she already loves me more than she loves you". This has always been the ultimate betrayal for Casey.. just like when JG loved Caylee more.. she pulled out of that relationship without a hesitation because she wasn't wanted as much as Caylee was.

So Casey left and suffocated Caylee, tossed the heart sticker on the duct tape (betcha donuts to dollars that Cindy bought Caylee those stickers and that one was chosen specifically as a message to Cindy), primarily as a big ole middle finger on that duct tape to Cindy. Plus too..Caylee WAS her little girl and she did love her in her own way (selfish, surfacely).. she was a cute little sidekick until she started cramping Casey's lifestyle and she had more use to Casey dead than she did alive.

It was the ultimate.. "well if I can't have her .. you aren't going to either, you effin Beotch".

That's why this trial was so much fun for her and why she doesn't have any real issue sitting on her behind in jail, enjoying her fan mail, munchin her snacks, reading and writing, radio and TV, occasional net access and holding court with her defense "boys" when she gets to go to a show (court hearings) with all its media attention. Honestly, is any of that REALLY any different from her days BEFORE she got tossed in jail?

Casey made her peace with her decision way back in those 31 days Caylee was missing. She figured it was just a matter of time until her fancy wonderful defense team got her off. From there on in.. it was just a matter of sitting back and coldly enjoying her mother's suffering. She gets upset when mom "enjoys" the media attention or has a party or yummy food or doesn't have to work because she's "milking" disability. But Casey,... coldly, very coldly, gets to enjoy her revenge every single time Cindy begs for a look or a smile or a word or a visit from her. That's why she never took her eyes off her mother while she was testifying at the last hearing. She WANTED to see mom crying on the stand. She WANTED to see mom suffer because she doesn't have Caylee or herself any longer. Its validation that she accomplished exactly what she set out to do by killing Caylee in cold blood.

It's only now.. almost two years later.. that reality is finally settling in and she is starting to clue in that she isn't walking away from this one.

Casey is capable of doing or saying ANYTHING. Is she a sociopath? YES. Does she feel emotions? YES. Do they bother her enough to care? NEVER. It's ALL about her and she will do whatever it takes to get what she wants.

Lie Cheat Steal Kill.. what else is there left to do .. for ICA??

wild

I completely agree Magic Cat.

Casey cries.. but not because she has caused anyone pain or anguish. She doesn't cry in sympathy. She cries for what she is missing out on when she was around him. Lee probably triggered something along the lines of "oh what fun we used to have when we were talking. I miss being able to do that with him". Everyone's sadness or misery has to ultimately come back to being about her .. and how it has changed her life.

wild

I completely agree Magic Cat.

Casey cries.. but not because she has caused anyone pain or anguish. She doesn't cry in sympathy. She cries for what she is missing out on when she was around him. Lee probably triggered something along the lines of "oh what fun we used to have when we were talking. I miss being able to do that with him". Everyone's sadness or misery has to ultimately come back to being about her .. and how it has changed her life.

wild

:Welcome-12-june::Welcome-12-june::Welcome-12-june::Welcome-12-june:

BRAVO Solace! You said it so much better than I could have! I agree 100%. Casey IS a sociopath, she DOES feel things for her brother (and I would wager her parents as well) and you are absolutely right on. That would not and DID not stop her from killing her child. (Please note.. I did not say she feels love or empathy for her family.. I just said she feels.. as in affection for things they have done for HER.. not as persons in their own right)

I personally think she killed Caylee for the reason her grandmother SP, stated. Casey hated Cindy more than she loved Caylee.

Cindy does NOT hold her tongue, she has proven she is scathing, bitter and vindictive beotch when worked up, and it's pretty much a given that during that "non existent" blowout that she and Casey had before Casey left.. that Cindy would have pulled the "oh yeah? JUST WATCH ME TAKE YOUR DAUGHTER FROM YOU.. she already loves me more than she loves you". This has always been the ultimate betrayal for Casey.. just like when JG loved Caylee more.. she pulled out of that relationship without a hesitation because she wasn't wanted as much as Caylee was.

So Casey left and suffocated Caylee, tossed the heart sticker on the duct tape (betcha donuts to dollars that Cindy bought Caylee those stickers and that one was chosen specifically as a message to Cindy), primarily as a big ole middle finger on that duct tape to Cindy. Plus too..Caylee WAS her little girl and she did love her in her own way (selfish, surfacely).. she was a cute little sidekick until she started cramping Casey's lifestyle and she had more use to Casey dead than she did alive.

It was the ultimate.. "well if I can't have her .. you aren't going to either, you effin Beotch".

That's why this trial was so much fun for her and why she doesn't have any real issue sitting on her behind in jail, enjoying her fan mail, munchin her snacks, reading and writing, radio and TV, occasional net access and holding court with her defense "boys" when she gets to go to a show (court hearings) with all its media attention. Honestly, is any of that REALLY any different from her days BEFORE she got tossed in jail?

Casey made her peace with her decision way back in those 31 days Caylee was missing. She figured it was just a matter of time until her fancy wonderful defense team got her off. From there on in.. it was just a matter of sitting back and coldly enjoying her mother's suffering. She gets upset when mom "enjoys" the media attention or has a party or yummy food or doesn't have to work because she's "milking" disability. But Casey,... coldly, very coldly, gets to enjoy her revenge every single time Cindy begs for a look or a smile or a word or a visit from her. That's why she never took her eyes off her mother while she was testifying at the last hearing. She WANTED to see mom crying on the stand. She WANTED to see mom suffer because she doesn't have Caylee or herself any longer. Its validation that she accomplished exactly what she set out to do by killing Caylee in cold blood.

It's only now.. almost two years later.. that reality is finally settling in and she is starting to clue in that she isn't walking away from this one.

Casey is capable of doing or saying ANYTHING. Is she a sociopath? YES. Does she feel emotions? YES. Do they bother her enough to care? NEVER. It's ALL about her and she will do whatever it takes to get what she wants.

wild

Hi WildChild,

Thank you, and I agree with you. She does not have empathy or remorse. What was interesting during the Prosecutors interviews with Cindy and also the FBI, they asked her if Casey feels remorse and Cindy said no, she didn't do anything so why should she feel remorse.

Lee is asked if she cried as a child and he said not often, she would more likely stomp into her room and be silent and then went on to defend that saying she is not the type to wear her emotions on her sleeve.

I too think the crying at the last hearing was more for herself and I haven't been told that someone loves me in so long, etc., etc. But the tears I feel were real. She recovered quickly though.

What I find so interesting about this case is the reaction of Casey's family even to the point of denying the child is dead; yet they have a memorial for her. The prosecutor asked Cindy about that towards the end of her interview and I forget her answer but it was just more smoke. If she is found guilty, and I believe she will be, Baez will use sexual abuse to the hilt and then we will see George and Cindy not reacting in public until the final say by the jury and its recommendation to Perry (who has already put three people to death). The family has denied the abuse, but are they going to deny if she is facing the death penalty or keep quiet?

Considering the fact I have a little insight into sociopaths (my egg donor aka mother and one of my brothers fit the bill) I KNOW firsthand how they operate. IF they feel anything for anyone else it is usually contempt, a desire to control and manipulate, anger, hatred, an overwhelming compulsion to destroy. If it SEEMS they are happy to see you? That is only because of how THEY feel when you are around, because of something you give them that nobody else does that makes them feel pleasant while in your company. They are hard, cold, calculating people who can act with the best of the Emmy winners. They are ALWAYS working some angle, laying some trap, throwing out a net to entangle someone. When they smile at you it is NEVER what you may wish it is or what it may appear to be-it is ALWAYS in every single instance ONLY about them and their pleasure. If you are in their life, for instance, and you died? They would cry, oh yes, they would bawl, but it would be about garnering sympathy for themselves, and nothing to do with grieving for YOU. It is a slippery slope dealing with a psycho and the innocent NEVER win while remaining in relationships with them. My mother is 70 years old and is just as sociopathic today as she was the day she was born. I have zero faith that a sociopath CAN be changed. They perhaps could pretend they had changed, but that isn't real is it?

KC cries for KC, and ONLY for KC. She got through ALL the talk about rotting flesh, the stench of death, etc, with never a tear shed. I seriously doubt she shed one solitary tear while she was taping up Caylee's little baby face, and ANY tears she sheds NOW? Meaningless. You cannot go back from murdering your innocent child and become whole. It's not possible. So although she APPEARS soft and vulnerable? She is nothing of the sort. That is a SHOW for the world...a Grammy award winning PERFORMANCE...She could care less about Lee, or Cindy or George or anyone else in this wide wide world except the one who dwells inside her own skin. Having dealt with sociopaths my entire life, I can see straight through her. She is an empty vessel with a crack in it, that no matter how much is poured IN to her will always remain empty. IMO of course. :)

Considering the fact I have a little insight into sociopaths (my egg donor aka mother and one of my brothers fit the bill) I KNOW firsthand how they operate. IF they feel anything for anyone else it is usually contempt, a desire to control and manipulate, anger, hatred, an overwhelming compulsion to destroy. If it SEEMS they are happy to see you? That is only because of how THEY feel when you are around, because of something you give them that nobody else does that makes them feel pleasant while in your company. They are hard, cold, calculating people who can act with the best of the Emmy winners. They are ALWAYS working some angle, laying some trap, throwing out a net to entangle someone. When they smile at you it is NEVER what you may wish it is or what it may appear to be-it is ALWAYS in every single instance ONLY about them and their pleasure. If you are in their life, for instance, and you died? They would cry, oh yes, they would bawl, but it would be about garnering sympathy for themselves, and nothing to do with grieving for YOU. It is a slippery slope dealing with a psycho and the innocent NEVER win while remaining in relationships with them. My mother is 70 years old and is just as sociopathic today as she was the day she was born. I have zero faith that a sociopath CAN be changed. They perhaps could pretend they had changed, but that isn't real is it?

KC cries for KC, and ONLY for KC. She got through ALL the talk about rotting flesh, the stench of death, etc, with never a tear shed. I seriously doubt she shed one solitary tear while she was taping up Caylee's little baby face, and ANY tears she sheds NOW? Meaningless. You cannot go back from murdering your innocent child and become whole. It's not possible. So although she APPEARS soft and vulnerable? She is nothing of the sort. That is a SHOW for the world...a Grammy award winning PERFORMANCE...She could care less about Lee, or Cindy or George or anyone else in this wide wide world except the one who dwells inside her own skin. Having dealt with sociopaths my entire life, I can see straight through her. She is an empty vessel with a crack in it, that no matter how much is poured IN to her will always remain empty. IMO of course. :)

Wow! Definitely worth an instant replay. TYVM

wild

WildChild,

Great post. Cindy has to feel incredibly guilty especially if there had been a fight the night before. The neighbor said Casey was throwing the curse words left and right.

I don't know why Cindy never tried to take the child before this rather than live that lie. All she had to do with social services was proved that Casey has no income, is stealing from family members, using credit cards and cannot provide for Caylee and they would have at least given her temporary guardianship and Casey would not have gotten her back for a while. She could have had her arrested for forging the deposit slip and stealing from her grandfather's account and that would have went a log way towards giving Cindy control. And Cindy most definitely could have kept tabs on Casey to find out what she was up to - would have cost her a lot less in the long run. Instead she let Casey use and abuse the situation to steal and stay out late and she eventually killed the child anyway.

If Cindy admits Casey did it, she has to say she had a big part in this in not taking control sooner. I believe Rick (her brother) told her it was her fault for not taking Casey to task sooner. Did you ever listen to his interview. With all due respect it is a riot at times.

Its incredible how they let Casey run everything into the ground. And if Cindy had taken control of the situation instead of threatening it, she would have seen the coward that Casey is. Instead she let her destroy the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member