2010.06.18 Questionnaire -Students, parents asked about Kyron again

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No....not thinking that. Just wondering if LE ever seeks media cooperation in helping (in this situation, for truck sightings to either corroborate or refute activity for a specific person who is not a POI, but in the limelight now for reasons being she is the last person to be seen with Kyron).

My understanding os that BIL is in the clear and unrelated:
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_paternal_uncle_s.html

I think LE often uses the media as a tool. In Lindsey Baum's case one of our posters was told by someone in LE that they did this, used the media as a tool to enhance the investigation.

Almost anything Le can do to further their investigation they will do I have come to believe. ;} All good I think if that is what it takes, eh?

Hi ClueMeIn. Unfortunately the discussion about the house being searched across the street from the Horman's home was shut down...Sorry.

There are a LOT of homes that were searched. I know of quite a few reports from locals about them. We aren't going to start sleuthing people because they allowed LE to search their homes.

It's the ones that didn't let LE search that I would want to check out, KWIM?

Carry on. :)

I think LE often uses the media as a tool. In Lindsey Baum's case one of our posters was told by someone in LE that they did this, used the media as a tool to enhance the investigation.

Almost anything Le can do to further their investigation they will do I have come to believe. ;} All good I think if that is what it takes, eh?

If they can have that trusting relationship, absolutely!! Thanks for the info. I was hoping it happens sometimes....

I am watching the 11:00 news on KGW. They are reporting that the questionaires already received have generated a number of new tips. They had a reporter outside the MCSO.

Interesting.

I don't know where to put this so here goes:

Saturday evening 11 O'Clock Channel 8 News, Portland, Or

* Investigators have had lots of new tips and leads come in as a result of the flier.

* An officer will be at the school tomoz at 9am to receive questionaire fliers from those who received them.

* TH took a second LDT today. It might have included new questions which makes it an investigative tool for LE.

That's about it. xox

glitering_sign.gif
ClueMeIn

No....not thinking that. Just wondering if LE ever seeks media cooperation in helping (in this situation, for truck sightings to either corroborate or refute activity for a specific person who is not a POI, but in the limelight now for reasons being she is the last person to be seen with Kyron).

My understanding os that BIL is in the clear and unrelated:
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_paternal_uncle_s.html

Thanks Didionfan, I hadn't seen that article. So he wasn't around. I can't really comment on your question because in my experience LE is really handling this case differently than any others I have seen. That could be a whole new tactic even if they haven't done it before.

I don't think the poster/questions will come back to haunt them in a trial if they have other physical evidence by the time an arrest is made, if they make one. Of course the defense will try to make a field day out of one person, i.e. sending back their form saying the saw her leave alone, but it depends upon what other evidence is found by that time. Plus, I think they have already spoken to all of these people, closer to the time of the disappearance, so if someone suddenly writes back that they saw her alone, driving away, LE would have a ton of questions for that person-why are you telling us this now, etc...did you lie before?

I don't think the answers on these forms are really the point, I guess.

Exactly what I was thinking. But what would be the point?

This link has the flyer in their headline article which is just smaller images than the pdf file. http://www.kgw.com/

The questionnaire is divided into four parts. I've left out the intro describing these forms for anyone that was at the school between 8 and 4.

second part is larger images as seen in the headline article

third part is the Adult form asking for name, address, home phone, cell phone, email address or other contact info. fouth part is for child.

Please answer these questions with as much specificity as possible. If more than one adult was present, each should fill out a copy of this page.

Why were you at Skyline School on 6/4/10?

What time(s) did you arrive and leave

Did you arrive with anyone else and (if so who?)

At anytime did you see Kyron Horman yes/no (if no skip to #8)

What time(s) did you see Kyron Horman?

Who was Kyron Horman with at the time (if anyone)

Where did you see Kyron Horman?

At any time did you see Terri Horman at or near the school yes/no

At any time did you see a white Ford 250 truck at or near the school yes/no

Is there any additonal information about 6/4/10 that you believe is important for the police to know (examples-suspicious persons, vehicles, etc.) and or would you like further contact by a detective?

Child's name

Did your child see Kyron on 6/4/10 yes/no (if no skip to #6)

Where did your child see Kyron?

Who was with Kyron at that time (if anyone)

Did your child see Kyron's step-mom Terri on 6/4/10 at or near the school?
yes/no

Did your child see a white Ford 250 truck on 6/4/10 at or near the school?
yes/no

Is there any additional information regarding your child being at Skyline School
on June 4 that is important for the police to know?

What do you think it means, or does it mean anything, that if an adult didn't see Kyron they get asked if they saw Terri or the truck but if a child didn't see Kyron they aren't?

I would like to know why that wasn't sent home with the Monday after Kyron went missing......they wait ALL this time, and then send that out?

I would like to know why that wasn't sent home with the Monday after Kyron went missing......they wait ALL this time, and then send that out?

They aren't gathering evidence. They've interviewed and re-interviewed the parents, staff and children. I believe they have all the relevant information they feel they need from those present that day. Also, the FBI has special agents specifically trained in how to properly and effectively interview children.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5298184&postcount=65"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - #17[/ame]

LE wouldn't disregard this level of expertise if they really believed they were going to get any new, viable information.

Think about it. They're asking witnesses to fill out a form (available online for ANYONE to download, btw) and instructing them to just *drop it off* at the school, or (better yet) email it back to MSCO. Then consider the statement made by Capt. Gates Friday, and how many times he stressed that the use of this questionnaire was approved by the family... ALL of the family. Finally, Capt. Gates stated at the beginning he was going to address rumors swirling about the case. He spoke only about Kyron's body NOT being found and that the Horman's truck was towed because of mechanical problems.

So ask yourself ... since when does a family direct an investigation? Since when does law enforcement need anyone's approval regarding if, when or by what means they conduct a criminal investigation? I see how tightly controlled this case has been from day one, and then wonder how information derived from a questionnaire that so obviously lacks any semblance of control by the police could be of any use in a prosecution.

And then there are the rumors he sought to dispel. Only problem is, both had been dispelled in prior reports and through MSCO's PIO. However, the rumors that WERE swirling about, spreading like wildfire not only on the internet but throughout "mainstream media" and NOT yet addressed by LE were those regarding Terri's possible involvement in Kyron's disappearance. Cell pings, inconsistencies in her whereabouts that day, that she was now the focus of the criminal investigation. LE was well aware of these rumors and how they'd reached a fever pitch by the time of the press conference---and yet they say nothing about them. And in saying nothing, they ended up fueling the fire of speculation already running rampant.

This wasn't about gathering evidence. While I'm sure they'll follow up on new leads as they would any anonymous tip line, IMO this questionnaire serves a very specific purpose. I think a very astute profiler has studied the personality of the person they suspect is involved, and has meticulously constructed and scripted all we've seen come from LE. I believe they know exactly what is most likely to cause this person to break and confess and finally lead them to Kyron.

I think we're witnessing a fascinating example of LE psyops in action.

They aren't gathering evidence. They've interviewed and re-interviewed the parents, staff and children. I believe they have all the relevant information they feel they need from those present that day. Also, the FBI has special agents specifically trained in how to properly and effectively interview children.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - #17

LE wouldn't disregard this level of expertise if they really believed they were going to get any new, viable information.

Think about it. They're asking witnesses to fill out a form (available online for ANYONE to download, btw) and instructing them to just *drop it off* at the school, or (better yet) email it back to MSCO. Then consider the statement made by Capt. Gates Friday, and how many times he stressed that the use of this questionnaire was approved by the family... ALL of the family. Finally, Capt. Gates stated at the beginning he was going to address rumors swirling about the case. He spoke only about Kyron's body NOT being found and that the Horman's truck was towed because of mechanical problems.

So ask yourself ... since when does a family direct an investigation? Since when does law enforcement need anyone's approval regarding if, when or by what means they conduct a criminal investigation? I see how tightly controlled this case has been from day one, and then wonder how information derived from a questionnaire that so obviously lacks any semblance of control by the police could be of any use in a prosecution.

And then there are the rumors he sought to dispel. Only problem is, both had been dispelled in prior reports and through MSCO's PIO. However, the rumors that WERE swirling about, spreading like wildfire not only on the internet but throughout "mainstream media" and NOT yet addressed by LE were those regarding Terri's possible involvement in Kyron's disappearance. Cell pings, inconsistencies in her whereabouts that day, that she was now the focus of the criminal investigation. LE was well aware of these rumors and how they'd reached a fever pitch by the time of the press conference---and yet they say nothing about them. And in saying nothing, they ended up fueling the fire of speculation already running rampant.

This wasn't about gathering evidence. While I'm sure they'll follow up on new leads as they would any anonymous tip line, IMO this questionnaire serves a very specific purpose. I think a very astute profiler has studied the personality of the person they suspect is involved, and has meticulously constructed and scripted all we've seen come from LE. I believe they know exactly what is most likely to cause this person to break and confess and finally lead them to Kyron.

(yes, I did write this ;) )

:bow: Awsome post!!

*snipped for space

I think that is what they are doing as well. It's worth a shot, but it's only going to work if whatever happened to Kyron was an accident or impulsive "snapped" thing and the perpetrator feels bad about it. If this was a planned, deliberate act, I don't think psychological warfare will get far with a person capable of planning and carrying out the cold-blooded murder of a 7 year old child.

At this point I don't think LE knows what else to do, honestly. I think they have a very strong suspicion about who is responsible for Kyron's disappearance, but little evidence to back it up.

I hope the flyer and questions are not just a desperate attempt by LE to get something going...as in they have nothing solid at all...I have a bad feeling.

I hope the flyer and questions are not just a desperate attempt by LE to get something going...as in they have nothing solid at all...I have a bad feeling.

I'm joining you in your bad feeling. I think they are grasping at straws hoping for some clue to help them out.

*snipped for space

I think that is what they are doing as well. It's worth a shot, but it's only going to work if whatever happened to Kyron was an accident or impulsive "snapped" thing and the perpetrator feels bad about it. If this was a planned, deliberate act, I don't think psychological warfare will get far with a person capable of planning and carrying out the cold-blooded murder of a 7 year old child.

At this point I don't think LE knows what else to do, honestly. I think they have a very strong suspicion about who is responsible for Kyron's disappearance, but little evidence to back it up.

Oh I don't know. My gut tells me they're being very smart about this, and while it may not work for every case where a child goes missing or is abducted, it's certainly working in this one. And it may not be Terri they're trying to break.

Or they are back at square one...trying to reconstruct the timing, etc...yikes, a scary thought.

Oh I don't know. My gut tells me they're being very smart about this, and while it may not work for every case where a child goes missing or is abducted, it's certainly working in this one. And it may not be Terri they're trying to break.

BBM

Bingo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove