2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would she lie about the amount she paid to retain Houze? Lies, lies, lies. This woman is disturbed. I believe she had everything to do with Kyron being missing. I wish so badly that LE would find that critical piece that will lock her up and bring some answers for the family.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

MC: (It's in the news so I figure I can text it.)

Makes you wonder what they were discussing that wasn't in the news. And how were they discussing it? Looks like MC is saying that he knows there are things that they're not supposed to discuss in text, but this is ok because it's gone public.

Well, her attorney stated that estimate was grossly overstated. I'll take him at his word, since it's his fee, after all.

If it was grossly overstated, then her attorney is saying that Terri lied.

Tough to argue that a delay in addressing the custody issue would be detrimental to the interests of the children when you are the one who has sole custody of those children in the meantime.

"how much are you going to cost? I don't know how much I can afford?"

"Terri, your defense could run up to $350K. Realistically, you're staring down the barrel at a criminal case for a missing child. We'll just take it as it comes."

This is not actual conversation, but it is reasonable to expect that the subject of money came up with Houze and Terri, and he explained the potential.

I don't see it as bragging. It comes off as more shell-shocked matter-of-fact, as though the shock of how much she's facing is becoming so much that all she can get are the basic details out. By this time, she's been accused by Kaine and Desiree, the focus of LE's investigation, tarred and feathered by the public, kicked out of her home, her child has been taken from her using deceptive means, and she's accused of mygod how many different things. I'd be shellshocked at that, too.

:rolleyes:

Perhaps I'll find some words later. :shakehead: Right now, I'm contemplating the spiderwebs on the corner moulding up there. And thinking about coffee. :coffeecup:

She doesn't say she actually paid 350K, just that he costs so much. It might be in general terms. What are the chances that he works pro bono for her? Could 0$ versus 350K be called grossly overstated?

Makes you wonder what they were discussing that wasn't in the news. And how were they discussing it? Looks like MC is saying that he knows there are things that they're not supposed to discuss in text, but this is ok because it's gone public.

:poke:

Wow. All along it's been said that it was in writing how much Terri paid. But this doesn't say how much she paid at all. It says how much he costs.

"Yep, guess how much he costs?" Terri wrote back.

"Zillions?" Cook asked.

"350K," Terri Horman replied later.

Now I see what Terri's attorney meant.

(A Coach purse I wanted costs $400. I went to an outlet where I paid $150 for it.)

"how much are you going to cost? I don't know how much I can afford?"

"Terri, your defense could run up to $350K. Realistically, you're staring down the barrel at a criminal case for a missing child. We'll just take it as it comes."

This is not actual conversation, but it is reasonable to expect that the subject of money came up with Houze and Terri, and he explained the potential.

I don't see it as bragging. It comes off as more shell-shocked matter-of-fact, as though the shock of how much she's facing is becoming so much that all she can get are the basic details out. By this time, she's been accused by Kaine and Desiree, the focus of LE's investigation, tarred and feathered by the public, kicked out of her home, her child has been taken from her using deceptive means, and she's accused of mygod how many different things. I'd be shellshocked at that, too.

So, if the cops come to you, and say, hey, your spouse was looking to have you killed a few months ago, him going to court and getting a restraining order against that person, who coincidentally was the last person seen with his missing child, is getting his child deceptively? I thought that would be the right thing to do?

Tough to argue that a delay in addressing the custody issue would be detrimental to the interests of the children when you are the one who has sole custody of those children in the meantime.

So much more in divorces, beyond custody, affects the children. Assets and property issues must be settled, and those issues can vastly affect children and their future.

The period before the divorce is emotional limbo for the person seeking the divorce. Can you imagine how it feels to have your divorce postponed... your divorce from the person who allegedly tried to have you murdered and who it appears is responsible for the disappearance of your child?

I don't blame Kaine for wanting the divorce ASAP, and for wanting to know how Terri paid for her defense attorney.

I don't believe MCook was a plant. I think M. Cook found himself swimming in the wrong direction and is now doing the backstroke with LE telling what he knows. MOO

So, if the cops come to you, and say, hey, your spouse was looking to have you killed a few months ago, him going to court and getting a restraining order against that person, who coincidentally was the last person seen with his missing child, is getting his child deceptively? I thought that would be the right thing to do?

If I thought it was all BS, yep. I'd believe it was through deceptive means. Has that MFH been proven? Seems to me Terri called the police when she was solicited that day. Did this LS with the information that Terri tried to get him to off her husband do the same? . No he didn't.

Perhaps I'll find some words later. :shakehead: Right now, I'm contemplating the spiderwebs on the corner moulding up there. And thinking about coffee. :coffeecup:

O/T Tackle that task and think about the coffee later...
Today, I washed all my baseboards with Lysol..

If it was grossly overstated, then her attorney is saying that Terri lied.

yes Puf.....but Houze makes it sound like it is grossly overstated by Kaine..... How messed up is that?

But yes, with this text message and TH clearly texting that amount, then yup, she is the liar.

clearly she was insinuating that she had to pay him 350k which I, personally, do believe to be be a "gross overstatement" as her attorney says (they are quite strong words for a lawyer to use in a lie.. he would have said something like "overstated" or simply "mistaken".... he wouldn't be so stupid as to tell a big lie when a little one would have sufficed) Furthermore, I think its perfectly in line with everything we have supposed about the character of TH. Why would she tell such a whopper of a lie? For what purpose? To make herself seem like a victim. Its her MO... manipulate people (esp men) by depicting herself as struggling with unfair hardship.. so that he will WANT to help her.

Likely she did pay Houze something and probably the $$ came from her parents. Which she would say means it came from her future inheritance.

Wow. All along it's been said that it was in writing how much Terri paid. But this doesn't say how much she paid at all. It says how much he costs.

"Yep, guess how much he costs?" Terri wrote back.

"Zillions?" Cook asked.

"350K," Terri Horman replied later.

Now I see what Terri's attorney meant.

(A Coach purse I wanted costs $400. I went to an outlet where I paid $150 for it.)

OK, say she gets a "discount." Say she is paying him a fourth of his regular fee. That's still a huge sum of money, the source of which Kaine is entitled to know.

And if she's got him pro-bono, then knowing that will satisfy Kaine's question.

Further, Kaine Horman's lawyer, Laura Rackner, said Terri Moulton Horman's request to delay the divorce while the criminal investigation into stepson Kyron's disappearance proceeds could occur "indefinitely."

It does seem unreasonable to me, since Terri hasn't even been arrested, to have an expectation of waiting until the investigation is complete. It could become a cold case for all we know.

It might be different if she'd been arrested, charged, and there was a trial scheduled, then her attorney could at least give a date range for the judge's consideration. But the way it is now, I don't think it's morally right for Kaine to have to wait indefinitely, and although IANAL it seems the judge would have grounds to say an expectation of waiting indefinitely is legally unreasonable.

I have a feeling the judge will order to proceed, and come back with a new motion if anything changes (such as Terri being charged).

Just look at the spiderwebs as an early start on the Halloween decor....:dance:

OMG, Like, they are so grown-up and clever and cool about it all, aren't they?

pfffffffttttttttt. [unusual people]

Sheesh.

JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads