2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are so many interviews out and it's making my head spin but did anyone catch today's Oregonian that says they discovered TH's parents refinanced their home. So if that is the source of the payment to Houze, why wouldn't they have just said so from the beginning? Why make it into a court case? I'm baffled! :confused:

From the article: "On Friday, The Oregonian learned that Terri Horman's parents recently refinanced their home with a $165,450 mortgage, paying off the previous mortgage of $86,000. The deed of trust was filed Aug. 17 in Douglas County.

Neither Houze nor Terri Horman's parents could be reached for comment Friday about money"

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/kyron-horman.html

I saw that also, and wondered the same thing. Here were my thoughts: If Bunch were to say this in a motion, Rackner might come back and say "prove it." I think even if TH's attorney fees were paid for by her parents, Houze wants to stop all dialogue in court, whether thru motions or on the stand. Because if Terri starts answering SOME questions, not others. it won't take long to pin down those questions she is not willing to answer.

If Terri's parents did front that money, then it isn't any of Kaine's business, because it wasn't HIS money she was spending "like water"

If Terri's parents did front that money, then it isn't any of Kaine's business, because it wasn't HIS money she was spending "like water"

Yeah, I get that....but he deserves to know where it came from. If it came from a source that is not going to be his financial responsibilty, then just say so. I tend to think Citigirl is right above that it means she starts down the road to answering questions.

Yeah, I get that....but he deserves to know where it came from. If it came from a source that is not going to be his financial responsibilty, then just say so. I tend to think Citigirl is right above that it means she starts down the road to answering questions.

But her attorney DID state several times: She is penniless and has no income. Kaine's assertion that she has a stash of money so she can pay her attorney $350K is unfounded. He has no rights to the information if it is not his money, and her attorney has asserted that. He has his answer.

Kaine wants her to be forced to tell him something which falls under attorney client privilege.

Exactly, kind of. That is all that has to be said. The money was a gift/loan from her parents and he is not expected to pay it back. No responsibility for it. It should not be considered marital debt.

But this has NOT been said.

But her attorney DID state several times: She is penniless and has no income. Kaine's assertion that she has a stash of money so she can pay her attorney $350K is unfounded. He has no rights to the information if it is not his money, and her attorney has asserted that. He has his answer.

Kaine wants her to be forced to tell him something which falls under attorney client privilege.

HUH? :waitasec:

You have to disclose debt, gifts, assets in divorce cases. Sources of the retainer are also included in that. SOP, not just for the Hormans but for the rest of the world.

Kaine Horman drops contempt of court motion against Terri Moulton Horman
Published: Friday, September 10, 2010, 5:12 PM
Updated: Friday, September 10, 2010, 5:18 PM

Kaine Horman has voluntarily agreed to drop his motion to find his estranged wife in contempt of court stemming from the alleged sharing of a sealed restraining order.

A Sept. 21 hearing had been set on Kaine Horman's motion, which will now be cancelled.

Court records do not explain why he's dropping the motion, but Kaine Horman and his estranged wife, Terri Moulton Horman, are set to meet in Multnomah County Circuit Court on Oct. 7 to argue over two other pending motions.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/09/kaine_horman_drops_contempt-of.html

I just saw this on another site...apparently this charge did not hold much weight, since the info became public so quickly? Or is it something more? Any lawyers on tonight?

Maybe Terri's attorney is doing his job very well. I don't see how it could be proven that MC didn't set Terri up since he took a sneaky type pic of the order with his cell phone. He could have seen the order lying on a table and got into it when she left the room for all anyone knows.

Where are our lawyers?
Why does stuff always seem to come out on Friday or Saturday nights in this case?

IMo things are going to start happening, just get that out out of the way and concentrate on the biggie. IMO smart move on Kaines part. Get Kyron back in the focus.

We do need our attorneys in here. The only thing I can figure is if they determined that Cook did this on his own without request or encouragement from Terri? I don't know.

Kaine Horman drops contempt of court motion against Terri Moulton Horman
Published: Friday, September 10, 2010, 5:12 PM
Updated: Friday, September 10, 2010, 5:18 PM

Kaine Horman has voluntarily agreed to drop his motion to find his estranged wife in contempt of court stemming from the alleged sharing of a sealed restraining order.

A Sept. 21 hearing had been set on Kaine Horman's motion, which will now be cancelled.

Court records do not explain why he's dropping the motion, but Kaine Horman and his estranged wife, Terri Moulton Horman, are set to meet in Multnomah County Circuit Court on Oct. 7 to argue over two other pending motions.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/09/kaine_horman_drops_contempt-of.html

thx"s b...all i got to say about this is "Hummm!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member