2010.07.15 Defense motion to protect phone call of Robin Lunceford

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how JB didn't want LDB to even listen to the recording(s) cuz she might get arrested (cracked himself up with that joke) .... now JB and LDB are "buddies" and gonna go to Lowell together to depose potential witnesses...... and the Judge should seal the recording(s) because JB AND LDB must go get depositions ...

The "undersigned cell phone"? :waitasec:

I notice JB didn't file any affidavit from his secretary. To me, that suggests she heard the notice of recording. Not that it matters one way or the other...

JB's suggestion that defense attorneys should be given the same rights as law enforcement to withhold public records relating to "ongoing criminal investigations" is ridiculous. Defense attorneys are not charged with investigating crimes in order to protect the public, and so there is no public policy interest in allowing them to "seal" public records while they try to figure out if those records might lead to any information that could help their clients.

My guess is that HHJP will listen to the recording and will make a perfectly sensible ruling. :) But it's impossible to predict what the sensible ruling will be without knowing what was said in the phone call(s).

Wow for the first time it seems like JB is anxious to take some depositions. :)

OT possibly - but I couldn't resist re-posting this statement:

"I wouldn't be doing (Casey Anthony) a proper service for what is probably going to go down today," Baez said. "We have a court system set up for this and that is what we are going to utilize the system for -- for a search for the truth and nothing more."

Baez urged the media to ask the tough the questions.

"I sincerely believe when we have finally spoken, everyone -- and I mean everyone -- will sit back and say, 'Now I understand and that explains it.'"

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/17718544/detail.html

G0d he's such a con-man!

I noticed in the Supplemental Motion that JB is backing away from the "illegally recorded" BS and is not asking the Judge to rule that it was illegally recorded.
JB only says if the Judge finds there is no "work product" involved ... then please wait a minute before disclosing it.

If this call happened approx two months ago, why should the Court delay the disclosure to allow enough time for Baez to investigate the matters and information supplied within the call? How much time is "enough" when by Baez's statements in his motion, the call occurred approx two months ago?

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/4721155...ctive-Order-for-Phone-Call-of-Robin-Lunceford

1. Approximately two months ago, on an unknown date in May, the undersigned counsel received a call from an individual.....

If this call happened approx two months ago, why should the Court delay the disclosure to allow enough time for Baez to investigate the matters and information supplied within the call? How much time is "enough" when by Baez's statements in his motion, the call occurred approx two months ago?

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/4721155...ctive-Order-for-Phone-Call-of-Robin-Lunceford

1. Approximately two months ago, on an unknown date in May, the undersigned counsel received a call from an individual.....
Hmmm lets see if actions speak louder then words in Mr Baez's case 2 years:crazy:

Seems to me that CJPerry was in a hurry to get his hands on this recording. I'm thinking that he is going to quickly handle this matter, and Baez is not going to like it.

Shucks, how many times did Judge Strickland rule that he would not seal ICA's recorded phone calls or jail visits? Baez was not RL's attorney, and therefore no attorney/client privilege should attach.

JMO but clearly this women is a con artist. She seems to have info on all the big cases. I cant believe they are even given this women the time of day. I guess when you need a miracle like this defense needs you will listen to just about anyone :waitasec:

WOFL-Ch. 35 anchor Bob Frier highlighted potential witnesses supplied by Lunceford. ”Casey’s attorney wants time to interview the witnesses and investigate their claims,” Frier said. ”But he does not want the names or the phone call itself released to the public.”

BBM

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/07/casey-anthony-jose-baez-says-prison-inmate-supplied-more-potential-witnesses.html

IS he bleep bleep bleeping kidding????? He files memorandums and allows his PI (Mort) to release heavily edited videos with inflammatory statements made against KronK by a party NOT UNDER OATH......for the purpose of throwing names out there?????.......but he wants HIS names kept under wraps as work product?????????

Thanks to Nums as I copied the quote from the update thread.

WOFL-Ch. 35 anchor Bob Frier highlighted potential witnesses supplied by Lunceford. ”Casey’s attorney wants time to interview the witnesses and investigate their claims,” Frier said. ”But he does not want the names or the phone call itself released to the public.”

BBM

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...inmate-supplied-more-potential-witnesses.html

IS he bleep bleep bleeping kidding????? He files memorandums and allows his PI (Mort) to release heavily edited videos with inflammatory statements made against KronK by a party NOT UNDER OATH......for the purpose of throwing names out there?????.......but he wants HIS names kept under wraps as work product?????????

Baez is simply attempting to delay the inevitable, imo.

Today we see MN's motion for bad faith citing CM's OWN WORDS to discredit the very basis of the defense's motion in re. TES and we have Baez's embarrassing taped phone call w/ an inmate. It is amazing how many times in just one week these two defense attorney can manage to humiliate themselves. lol

It is crazy that defense is worried about protecting names of other inmates, if those are the other "potential witnesses"! If that is all they have to go on, it puts my mind at ease to know there will be justice for Caylee!

BBM

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/07/casey-anthony-jose-baez-says-prison-inmate-supplied-more-potential-witnesses.html

Once again JB is trying to get LE powers too! I just can't comprehend why he thinks he deserves such special accommodations.

ETA: If this witness was so important, then why didn't he go interview her directly? Or send his investigator? I don't how he can say this is work product, as an officer of the court (cough cough) he had to presume that the call was being recorded and could be made public record.

Once again JB is trying to get LE powers too! I just can't comprehend why he thinks he deserves such special accommodations.

If JB wants LE powers......perhaps he should make a career change. :innocent:

Supplemental Motion for Protective Order Regarding a Telephone Recording of Robin Lunceford

http://www.ninthcircuit.org/news/Hi...ne Recording of Robin Lunceford 7-23-2010.pdf

Wow! If you read Richard Hornsby's blog it appears JB wrote that supplemental after reading it; http://blog.richardhornsby.com/

This paragraph would explain item #1 on his supplemental;

Considering Jose failed to list his secretary’s name and I don’t know any secretary who works after hours, I suspect what really happened is that when Robin Lunceford called, his after-hours answering service answered (almost every solo lawyer uses one – I use a company called Signius) and forwarded the call to him. (Personally, for Jose, I hope my suspicion is incorrect, because lack of candor with judges and misrepresentation are big no-no’s for lawyers.)

It appears JH is doling out free legal advice to JB. :laugh:

I shouldn't laugh so much at all of this because at it's heart is a very horrible crime but jeeze Louise JB is the comic relief in this drama. If he was a clever lawyer it would make it more tragic I guess.

Most lawyers take cases like this, IMO, for the free pub. The free pub. here should be ruining his business.

Does anyone know where he attained his law degree? Crackerjackbox Bottom U?

St Thomas University School of Law (Miami) . I can't put my hands on the record at the moment but IIRC he graduated 151st out of a class of 153... :innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member