2010.07.26 Grand Jury begins

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I took that comment to mean that the reporters were not going to get any juicy info from HER, because she hadn't even talked to her since that day. Interesting that she said "was", instead of "is".

Yes, I definitely think this lady was talking about herself with that remark.

would they bring children before a GJ ??? That would be so freightening, especially if they had to go in alone...

They can (I posted the link) but children under 12 have a guardian or parent accompany them in. But IMO TP is a defense witness, so I don't see the prosecutor calling him in, unless he wants to lock in his testimony as grandmaj said.

Or any other news, that I can see. And it's nearly 1:00 here in Portland. Calm before the storm?

No Friday press conference or statement from Kaine and Desiree either.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suppose that Kaine, Desiree and Tony most definitely do believe she (TH) could have killed him. Saying one doesn't think someone is dead is a somewhat expected, and easily understood statement coming from parents of a 7 year old whose body hasn't been found.

I agree with you. They aren't coming out and saying it. But this interview gave me the distinct impression they think she is capable of it, but still don't want to believe it yet.

SNOW: Do you think she is capable of hurting a child?

KAINE HORMAN: If you asked me before this situation, my answer’s no. Based on what I know now, I don’t know.

KAINE HORMAN: I think anything is possible, based on the way things have gone over the past few weeks.

SNOW: Do you fear for your safety now, Kaine? For your daughter?

KAINE HORMAN: I fear for my daughter.

That is from the Dateline Interview aired on July 26th. You can watch that interview by searching for KYRON HORMAN_ PARENTS DISCUSS TERRI on Youtube.

No Friday press conference or statement from Kaine and Desiree either.

Right. Very quiet today. My guess (and hope) is that the GJ is going full steam ahead, and is taking everyone's attention away from public announcements.

"I can't tell you what happened, but I can tell you that you guys are going down a dead end," Aleshire said just before she entered the courthouse.

Does this mean she knows what happened and can't tell or does this mean she doesn't have a clue as to what happened and is believing what TMH has told her is the truth?JMO

Or does this mean that the"guys" are going down the "dead end" in questioning HER about what TH has done--that is, that Aleshire herself is not going to provide any interesting information?

Does anyone know if once a person has testified for the grand jury, are they sworn to keep quiet about the case and their knowledge of it?

Or does this mean that the"guys" are going down the "dead end" in questioning HER about what TH has done--that is, that Aleshire herself is not going to provide any interesting information?

That's what I think, FWIW.

I sure give kudos to all the parents, children and school personnel for not talking with the media. It has helped LE immensely, in conducting their investigation, with the exception of TP and his grandmother.

Does anyone know if once a person has testified for the grand jury, are they sworn to keep quiet about the case and their knowledge of it?

In my state the people testifying can speak. the jurors and court workers can not. I don't know about Oregon.

C.W. Jensen, a former Portland Police Homicide Detective, told KGW that investigators could have several reasons to call school employees to testify, including as a way to establish the level of security at skyline elementary and whether it was likely that a stranger could have gained access to the school.

I sure give kudos to all the parents, children and school personnel for not talking with the media. It has helped LE immensely, in conducting their investigation, with the exception of TP and his grandmother.

None of the other children or parents or school personnel who have talked to the media in interviews or articles are an exception? Why just TP and his grandmother?

C.W. Jensen, a former Portland Police Homicide Detective, told KGW that investigators could have several reasons to call school employees to testify, including as a way to establish the level of security at skyline elementary and whether it was likely that a stranger could have gained access to the school.

Would I ever like to be a fly on the wall for that testimony and questioning.

I guess the school employees can clarify the plan and schedule for that particular day, as well as the policies and (lack of) security measures at the school. They might know the timeline much better than say, TP, for example, as to who was where when. And also what the chances were on that morning that the hall would have been empty except for Terri and Kyron at any given time, which I find hard to believe.

KOIN just reported that DS, and TH's other friend who's house was searched both bought cell phones so that they could keep in touch (as they felt their conversations were being monitored by LE) and because they provided better reception up at the H. home..

Also this other friend testified today. KOIN says her name, the other channels blurred her face.

Interesting to me..
They said one person purchased the phones at Lloyd Center, which is across the river..

I do have to say that when a friend and I went a few weeks ago up to Sheltered Nook I was curious about the cell phone coverage..
We checked, my phone had no reception (Sprint) his had reception (AT&T)..

Hope this is the right thread..

(posted in the cell phone thread also) =)

None of the other children or parents or school personnel who have talked to the media in interviews or articles are an exception? Why just TP and his grandmother?
Because I don't recall any other interviews with any of them, school personnel, parents and students, other than the, I believe 7th grader who said he saw him in the gym, and would not give a time he saw him because LE asked him not to. If I missed any other interviews with anyone else that gave interviews with media giving time lines and info that was pertinent to the investigation, as per LE, I apologize.

I'm sure this will be an unpopular view, but...Desiree, even after regaining her health and remarrying, did not attempt to regain custody of her children from their fathers. Those of us who have not lost custody can't imagine why any parent wouldn't fight for custody. But there are reasons which make it impractical, at least temporarily.

Perhaps she asked him for custody back, and Kaine didn't agree. With heavy medical bills, how could she get a lawyer and fight him? JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scyna0895
Back