2010.07.27 - Investigators presser - reward increased to $50,000

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end when reporters expressed frustration about the PC, Lindstrand was up at the podium and said "it was exactly as we said it would be" (meaning the PC)

here is a snip from last weeks FlashAlert regarding the PC

Chief Deputy Tim Moore and Captain Monte Reiser will be conducting the press conference. The purpose of this press conference will be to provide an update of the case and respond to questions that were submitted by the media.

While, I do think that this presser was a waste of my time to watch...heck Dr. Phil might be more informative!

I do have one thing that struck me.

DY didn't mention TH in her plea for Kyron. Should she of? I don't know, but coming after the Dateline airing last night and DY's strong belief that TH did something/knows something/isn't cooperating. I am surprised that she wouldn't call TH out directly. Has LE asked her not to? If this presser was to put more pressure on TH wouldn't they want her to be named directly?

They only do that when LE's not around.

Hmmm, reward is effective at 3pm today. Does that seem like a bait to you guys? Im thinking maybe they are enticing someone with some more money.

Yes it does.

I might even go through the drive thru in my polkadot nightie.

I have a feeling something is going to break big time. Don't ask me why, but I feel like their reason for the presser changed at the last minute.

I'm going with that gut feeling as well.

In my heart of hearts I thought they were going to bring Kyron out, just like the baby hidden in the box under the bed. What a sweet and precious moment that was.

Instead...my heart hurts :(

Mel

Bless your heart! Oh how I wish that would have happened.

No the reward was from a donor, the time it is available is after 3pm, i believe

and as far as how they described the parents being deprived of Kyron, this is the new way of saying they don't know what happened to him...and possibly that a charge of depriving parents of a child can be brought?

Sounds like, to me, that the county was trying to CYA about money, tips, etc. Now I'm really, really starting to wonder if Terri is involved at all.

BBM. What's weird is, why is MCSO going on and on about this when no one is questioning it. I haven't seen anyone in the media or anywhere complaining about the money or tips. I'm starting to feel like they are protesting too much.

A free PR tip: Don't make a big freaking production of a presser a week in advance if you'll have nothing to say.

It's like staging for a King Kong display and bringing out a stuffed chihuahua instead.

Kind of makes people annoyed.

OK a week ago they asked for questions to be sent, saying they would attempt to answer. Now the hammer is down again. Something is brewing IMO. They have reversed what they said they would do a week ago. There was absolutely no news in this news presser. Desiree looks exhausted and was trying not to cry throughout the entire presser. Interesting vibes.

That was exactly what I was thinking too! All three parents were very somber, with Desiree crying. My impression is that a few days ago, they expected something to happen by the time of the presser and it didn't. Perhaps they were hoping that DD would give info at the grand jury that would be acted on immediately?

444 people on this thread. please register so you can fully participate and share your ideas and observations and opinions. more brains are needed. newbies are loved here. new ways of thinking.

imho

If their intention was to update everyone on the progress of the investigation, why wouldn't they mention the GJ? :waitasec:

I have a feeling something is going to break big time. Don't ask me why, but I feel like their reason for the presser changed at the last minute.

I agree.

The only thing I found interesting was at the first part when he actually started talking about the case and said something to the effect that "we believe there has been criminal activity in this case because these parents have been deprived of their son for 53 days" (That may not be the exact quote, but it's close). For some reason that comment made it sound to me like they DO believe he is being held somewhere. JMO

And perhaps the bigger reward might entice someone to return him? :waitasec:

Desiree's hair looked good like that. She's gotten it cut. Kaine continued his stoic outward appearance. Couldn't see Tony.

Guy in the front flapping his gums for awhile didn't really say much of anything past a grocery list of what they think they've been doing and how their organizational chart works for distribution of tips and searches.

Other than that, I guess I'm glad it was a short presser, since hey. Dinner time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbya