2010.4.16 Pat Brown: The Daily Profiler-Topic of the Day: Ron the Mastermind

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Profiler PatB New blog post on Ronald Cummings' Enemies at Women in Crime Ink http://womenincrimeink.blogspot.com/2010/08/ronald-cummingss-enemies.html

"Snip"
Tommy claims Joe Overstreet strangled Haleigh but, for some reason, Tommy helped him get rid of the little girl's body. Misty says she hid under a blanket while Tommy and Joe did something, and she doesn't exactly know what it was. Joe says, "I didn't do it," referring to the Haleigh's homicide, but he doesn't actually say if he did anything else. Neither Misty, Tommy, nor Joe has said anything about Ronald Cummings, Haleigh's father.

Which leads me back to the most interesting statement ever made by Ron Cummings:

"You keep your friends close and your enemies closer."

What enemies are Ronald Cummings talking about? Misty? How is Misty, who is his ex-girlfriend, ex-wife, and Haleigh's former stepmother, his enemy? She might have been Haleigh's enemy at one point in that she neglected Haleigh's care and possibly brought dangerous male companions around her. She might have left drugs about, which Haleigh could have gotten into.

Even more curious: Ron said "enemies," not "enemy." Who could the other enemy or enemies be? Is he speaking of Tommy Croslin, who is Misty's brother and the receiver of a beheaded rat in his mailbox? Is he speaking of Tommy and Misty's cousin Joe Overstreet, who supposedly ended up with a gun belonging to Ronald?

Read the rest of the article at the link above..

And then we have Joe Overstreet. How did Joe get caught up in all of this? What does he know? Was he there? Why would he kidnap, kill, or assault a child because he can't find a gun? This story pushed by Misty and Tommy makes little sense. Unless, perhaps, Ronald gave him the gun to shut him the hell up, maybe a gun he wanted to get rid of. Could the gun be the cause of death for Haleigh? Did the gun go off in Ron's hand and Haleigh end up shot? There is no blood in the trailer, but this doesn't mean it didn't happen. Depending on the caliber of the gun, how well Haleigh was wrapped in her bedding, and if she had any drugs in her system that might have slowed down blood loss, Haleigh could have died of a gunshot wound, leaving no blood behind once the body and bedding material were removed.
http://womenincrimeink.blogspot.com/...s-enemies.html

Not that I want this to be the case but at least I know I am not the only person who has entertained the thought since I have also suspected for sometime now Ronald C shot Haleigh...

You know how Pat Brown says she does not believe a word that comes out of her perp of the day's mouth.

Well I do not believe one word that comes out of hers.

jmho

Is the book she was/is promoting out yet? Still agree with this poster,well said.

I'm not aware of a list of names on the POI list that LE has commented on. As far as I know LE has not named anyone. And yes, I as well as many others on this site know that Ron took a Lie Detector Test. Absolutely no where is there any information from LE what the results are. Ron is the only one who has stated that he passed with flying colors. LE doesn't give LDT results. The only results that have been publicized were Misty's because it was done by a private firms and the results were then publicized. The poly results given by LE at the beginning of this case were not made public. The same as with Ron's.

IMO, most people believe Ron when he says he passed with flying colors because he has not taken another LDT. If you pass, LE does not usually ask you to take another one. So I think people jumped to the conclusion that LE has not asked Ron to take one because he passed.

IMO, I just realized why Ron hired his criminal attorney in early/mid March 2009 and stopped "cooperating" on advice of his attorney. I bet LET wanted Ron to take another LDT. If it had got out that LE wanted Ron to take another LDT, no one would believe Ron passed with lying colors His attorney not only protected Ron from LE but also helped him to maintain his innocent grieving father act.

IMO, I don't have time right now to search but does anyone know if LE asked Misty to take a 2nd LDT? I'm pretty sure they did. If so, was it around the time that Ron hired his attorney?

IMO, if I'm right that Misty's 2nd LDT and Ron hiring his attorney occurred at the same time, that would make me believe that Ron did not pass his LDT with flying colors and was afraid of what LDT might find out about him.

IMO, most people believe Ron when he says he passed with flying colors because he has not taken another LDT. If you pass, LE does not usually ask you to take another one. So I think people jumped to the conclusion that LE has not asked Ron to take one because he passed.

IMO, I just realized why Ron hired his criminal attorney in early/mid March 2009 and stopped "cooperating" on advice of his attorney. I bet LET wanted Ron to take another LDT. If it had got out that LE wanted Ron to take another LDT, no one would believe Ron passed with lying colors His attorney not only protected Ron from LE but also helped him to maintain his innocent grieving father act.

IMO, I don't have time right now to search but does anyone know if LE asked Misty to take a 2nd LDT? I'm pretty sure they did. If so, was it around the time that Ron hired his attorney?

IMO, if I'm right that Misty's 2nd LDT and Ron hiring his attorney occurred at the same time, that would make me believe that Ron did not pass his LDT with flying colors and was afraid of what LDT might find out about him.

BBM

Why would an attorney advise the father of a missing child to stop cooperating with LE? This doesn't make any sense. Ron's actions speak very loudly though. He hired a CRIMINAL attorney.

JMO

I don't think LE has ever said who all took LDT or How many in total. We got wind of Misty failing her 2-nd one threw AH I think, and the 3rd one because she had TM set it up and he released the results and gave them to LE.
As for Ron, who knows how many he took and when. He also said Misty passed her LDT, but again LE nor the person who preforms the test will tell you right then and there if you pass or fail.
For all we know Ronald had taken more than one test and IMO didn't pass them. Heck he told Geraldo that he didn't do drugs, didn't abuse his children, didn't abuse CS, that he never told Chad or anyone that he was 75% sure who took Haleigh, and there was no fight over a gun. All which are lies IMO, and he did it with a straight face on National Television. IF he lied about all the above, I will assume he has lied about his involvement in Haleigh's murder and that is why he refused to co-operate with LE.
He and Misty avoided LE for many months when LE clearly needed to talk to them to try and find out what happen to Haleigh. What does that tell you? It tells me that Ronald knows what happen and what ever happen he is to blame and has threated the Croslin's life and family if they talk in order to save his own butt...But that is JMO... :cow: I highly doubt that Joe O. would put fear in Misty and Tommy the way Ronald would. He said if he found out that Misty had anything to do with Haleigh's disappearance he would blow her head off. Yet, he also stood by her side all the way, still does.

As for when they each hired lawyers I am not to sure. I know that when the child abuse allegations surfaced he had hired an attorney but that attorney bailed on him ASAP as soon as DCF said there was no proof of abuse. He later hired TS.

Feb. 13, 2009 - http://www.gainesville.com/article/20100413/ARTICLES/100419756?p=3&tc=pg

* Investigators announce they will conduct more interviews of relatives and others, including some re-interviews, but decline to list names or discuss results of polygraph tests.

(You have to have an account at Palatka Daily News to retrieve this article.)

Misty Cummings not cleared as suspect in Haleigh's disappearance
March 14th, 2009

According to Palatka Daily News, Maj. Gary Bowling also said Misty’s interview on NBC’s Today Show in which she failed to clear up her inconsistent statements to police is what detectives have encountered for weeks.

“Our interviews with her have been pretty much like what you saw on the Today Show. We’ve confronted her with her inconsistencies and America got a sample of our interviews with her,” said Bowling.

During the Today Show interview, both Misty and Ronald claim she was no longer a suspect. Bowling disputes this assertion and said, “We have not ruled her out as a suspect.”

The newlyweds also stated they both passed polygraph tests, but Bowling said authorities have not yet released the results of their tests.

March 20, 2009 -
http://www.gainesville.com/article/20100413/ARTICLES/100419756?p=6&tc=pg
Both of Haleigh's parents have announced that they are being represented by attorneys. Over the year, who is representing them as well as Cummings' wife, Misty Croslin-Cummings, will change. :waitasec:
Haleigh Cummings' father hires an attorney
March 21st, 2009
A personal injury law firm is now representing Ronald Cummings, 25, father of missing 5-year-old, Haleigh Cummings. The firm is not representing his new wife, Misty, 17, because of the “…their different respective legal positions,” said Cummings’ attorneys.
A written statement was released by the law office of Greg Kimball and T. Jerry Snider stating it had a pro bono relationship with Cummings.

“As a victim, Ronald Cummings needs and deserves legal advice and assistance in his quest for the safe return of his daughter, Haleigh Cummings,” said the attorney’s statement. The firm will assist Cummings in dealing with the media, authorities, and the recent allegations of child abuse by Haleigh’s mother, Crystal Sheffield.

Haleigh's Stepmom Takes Stress Test

POSTED: Friday, August 28, 2009
"Snip" http://www.clickorlando.com/news/20596692/detail.html

Haleigh Cummings is Missing: Misty Croslin Cummings Fails Polygraph
Published August 30, 2009
"Snip" http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2124049/haleigh_cummings_is_missing_misty_croslin.html

I had saved these two interview below and did not save the links :banghead: if anyone recalls them please add links for us. The media mis-reported a lot back then and I think the one article that said he put Haleigh to bed was one of them. TIA :blowkiss:

Feb 11, 2009
Putman County Sheriff’s Department Sgt. Jason Nettles told reporters that he didn’t have information on whether or not Haleigh Cummings’ father, Ronald Cummings, and girlfriend are suspects in her disappearance.

“I don’t know that for sure,” he told media representatives.

“The girlfriend and the father are cooperating with police,” Special Agent Steve Donaway of the Florida Dept of Law Enforcement told reporters on Tuesday.

“It could be an abduction. We’re looking at it from all angles,” Donaway said. Leads have been minimal, he said, and investigators are asking for the public’s help.

Feb 11, 2009
Her father, Ronald Cummings, 25, put Haleigh to bed about 10 p.m. Monday before he left for work. His 17-year-old girlfriend, Misty Croslin, noticed Haleigh was missing about 3:30 a.m. Tuesday.

I totally agree with your scenario.

IMO Ron simply isn't smart enough to ever be called "The Mastermind".

Misty isn't bright enough nor is she loyal enough to have kept her mouth shut this long if Ron was involved in any way shape or form.

Overstreet might not have taken a lie detector test. His lawyer would advise him against taking a LE test, and his lawyer would not spend his own money to pay for one. They are expensive, and Overstreet certainly doesn't have the money to pay for a private one.

Pat Brown has no logical explanations for why none of the Croslin's clan have pointed the finger at Ron. (Ron's threats cannot be more frightening than the certainty of LWP or the death penalty therefore, Ron didn't kill Haleigh. Simple deduction IMO.)
We don't know what all of the Croslin's are saying, because LE is only releasing edited portions of the tapes to the media.

We don't know what all of the Croslin's are saying, because LE is only releasing edited portions of the tapes to the media.

O/T: Levi I love watching you on JVM and hearing your thoughts regarding this case. You don't hold back and speak your mind, you don't let anyone discourage you from telling it like it is! Kudos to you! :blowkiss:

IMO (of course); I see many people asking "why" Ron would marry the person most likely responsible for his "missing child", I believe he thought that if MC believed that he loved her enough to marry her, she would love him enough to tell the truth to him and, if they were married, he couldn't/wouldn't have to testify against her. I do believe that RC loved Haleigh, more than anything; and in his mind, he thought that possibly, by marrying Misty, she would be more willing to tell him "everything", when that didn't happen, he divorced her. I also believe that RC has many "issues/problems" prior to his daughter's disappearance, however; in his own way, he loved her and was willing to do whatever he had to do to try to find out what happened to her. I don't think MC ever truly believed that RC loved her more than Haleigh and that's why she never "cracked". I also believe that this entire "search" is a "red herring"...MC & TC want out of jail, and they know they aren't getting out until LE finds out what happened to Haleigh. Since both of them know that a body could never be found in that river 14 months later, they are "safe" with the story and pointing their fingers at JO, hoping this will at least allow them to get "bonded out" if LE "buys" into their story. I believe Haleigh is deceased, but I do not believe she is in that river! This is just another "lie" manufactured and directed by MC!!! JMHO!

If Ron loved Haleigh, he wouldn't have been going around town acting like a jerk, asking for free meals, getting tattoos with money donated to him, he wouldn't have engaged in stalking Amber Brooks, he wouldn't get involved in fights with the likes of Charles Jones, etc etc etc.

Additonally, he wouldn't be bragging about all the sexual positions that he and Misty engaged in AFTER Haleigh vanished. He also wouldn't ask individuals to have group sex with himself and Misty.

Ronald is a terrible parent, a dead beat dad (who abandoned a mentally challenged son), and given the sort of person he is, we cannot rule him out as playing a part in whatever happened.

Let's also not forget that he has been investigated many times by child services.

Ron absolutely fits the profile of someone who may be involved.

O/T: Levi I love watching you on JVM and hearing your thoughts regarding this case. You don't hold back and speak your mind, you don't let anyone discourage you from telling it like it is! Kudos to you! :blowkiss:

Thank you!

Originally Posted by mommabear
IMO (of course); I see many people asking "why" Ron would marry the person most likely responsible for his "missing child", I believe he thought that if MC believed that he loved her enough to marry her, she would love him enough to tell the truth to him and, if they were married, he couldn't/wouldn't have to testify against her. I do believe that RC loved Haleigh, more than anything; and in his mind, he thought that possibly, by marrying Misty, she would be more willing to tell him "everything", when that didn't happen, he divorced her. I also believe that RC has many "issues/problems" prior to his daughter's disappearance, however; in his own way, he loved her and was willing to do whatever he had to do to try to find out what happened to her. I don't think MC ever truly believed that RC loved her more than Haleigh and that's why she never "cracked". I also believe that this entire "search" is a "red herring"...MC & TC want out of jail, and they know they aren't getting out until LE finds out what happened to Haleigh. Since both of them know that a body could never be found in that river 14 months later, they are "safe" with the story and pointing their fingers at JO, hoping this will at least allow them to get "bonded out" if LE "buys" into their story. I believe Haleigh is deceased, but I do not believe she is in that river! This is just another "lie" manufactured and directed by MC!!! JMHO!
I to wanted to believe he married Misty to get the truth out her, but his actions speak louder than words to me mommabear. How tragic that here we are most of us strangers 18+ months later trying to figure out what happen to Haleigh and her own father did what for 18+months to locate her? I could go on and on...

I do believe that Ronald loves Haleigh and Jr. but just because he loves them doesn't mean he was a good father and from what we have learned so far there was "NO GOOD" in his parenting skills. Nobody is a perfect parent, but this guy IMO was not fit "AT ALL TO HAVE THE CHILDREN IN HIS CARE, THEY WOULD OF BEEN BETTER OFF IN FOSTER CARE"

I don't buy the whole story that is coming from Misty or Tommy either and feel they are using Joe as a scapegoat and are not naming the real perp. Misty did say at one time that Ron may of been involved during her LVA test.
I feel that Misty may be trying to give hints as to what happen to Haleigh, but again feel she is using Joe as the perp and is afraid to tell who the real Perp is. IMO, I feel Misty and Tommy are afraid of Ronald and they took part in some way. I don't feel they were the ones who killed Haleigh IMO.

My opinion and facts are what lead me to believe that he either knows what happen to Haleigh or was the person that committed the crime...JMO though.
Ronald's story shifts just as much as Misty and Tommy... Here are a couple of examples.

Ronald divorced Misty due to stress cited as the likely reason for the break-up.

He sold drugs
Used drugs
Left the children in the care of someone who had left the children alone in the past
Hit/physically abused his kids, or DCF would not of had to tell him how to spank them IMO
Left the children in the care of a just turning 17 yr drug user
Married the last person that was so called to be with his daughter (that at this point I question if Misty was really that last person with Haleigh)
Put a dead Rat in Tommy's mail box
Would not let Misty leave when she called on her family to come pick her that she didn't want to stay with Ron at that time.
IMO, He coerced her into filing charges against her brother for assault as well as her mother or father one of the two. That she later dropped
He denied having a fight with Joe, when even his mother said he did and that may of taken the investigation for a loop. Lie to LE how are they going to help locate your child?
He lied about abusing his children
He lied about abusing the females in his life
He shows up at his other baby's house for what? Was he also trying to threatened Amber? I wonder if Amber knows something and he was giving her a warning as he did Tommy?
He took donated money for Haleigh to get tattoos, go out to eat, go to the fair, buy beer and ciggs and was still asking for handouts.
Stood my Misty's side and said it was not her fault Haleigh went missing on her watch...Why would anyone just disregard what LE says about the last person who was with their missing child?
He told Geraldo he never did drugs, he never hit his kids, he never hit CS..lie IMO, he is in jail now for selling and in one of the videos to me it looked as if he even took a pill

February 17, 2009

The information I am referring to is a tip that investigators received from a local resident who came forward and told them that Misty Croslin, the 17-year-old girlfriend of Haleigh's father, 24-year-old Ronald Cummings, was not at home the night Haleigh disappeared.
It has further been alleged that the night Haleigh was abducted was not the first time Croslin had sneaked out while Cummings was at work and his kids were sleeping. There are further allegations regarding her activities at that time; however that information has not officially been released. "Due to the sensitive nature of the information obtained by ID, no further details can be provided on it at this time."

http://community.discovery.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/81919214001
Also, in one of Ron's interview with NG back in Feb (sorry don't have the link handy) he claims that ALL THREE WERE SLEEPING IN THE SAME BED. Same thing that was reported in the first police report, the story changed after the fact.

In this interview I also found his accounts of what happen inconsistent.

CUMMINGS: Gave me a hug and a kiss told me she loved me, she`d see me when I got home. ( IF RON WORKS THE LATE NIGHT SHIFT WHY WOULD HALEIGH SEE HIM WHEN HE GOT HOME?)

CUMMINGS: Actually, it was about 3:25, 3:27. (BOTH RON AND MISTY HAVE BEEN ABLE TO KEEP THIS TIME RIGHT, WONDER WHY IT IS SO IMPORTANT TO CORRECT MISTY, THE REPORTERS AND INTERVIEWERS ABOUT THE TIME HE ARRIVED?)

CUMMINGS: And I pulled into the yard, and my girlfriend opened the front door, and I already knew something was wrong because she`s not up at this time. She told me -- I said, What are you doing up at this time? She said, Your back door`s wide open and your daughter`s gone. (Ron claimed later that Misty was outside when he pulled up, another lie)

GRACE: What is her description -- what scenario took place?

CUMMINGS: She got out of bed and went to use the restroom and came back to find that my daughter was not in bed with her.
GRACE: Now, have you and your girlfriend both taken a polygraph, right?

CUMMINGS: Yes, I have. Passed it with flying colors. Yes, she has. Passed hers. (LE NEVER SAID WHO PASSED, WE DO KNOW MISTY HAS FAILED DUE TO TM.)

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../11/ng.01.html

Regarding the story of who picked Haleigh up and at what time is suspicious to me as well. Ron said he picked Haleigh up, yet there are people from the bus stop that say they saw Misty. Chelsea did say she saw Ron there, so Chelsea put herself at the Bus stop that day to. He said he came back 8 hrs later, but his attorney said he worked 3 hrs over time. Maybe Ron did come back 8 hrs later to clean up/stage the kidnapping/other. Again, IMO Ron has lied more than Misty with the little bit he does say.

Ronald:

I kissed my daughter, went to work, trying to make an honest living, trying to make an honest wage. I came home eight hours later, and she was gone."

Reporter: ...Tell me about the last time you saw her...

Ronald Cummings: I got her off the school bus. She ran to me--jumped in my arms. Drove the car home--got out-- gave me a hug and a kiss--loved on me-- told me she loved me and she'd see me when I got home....

If Ron really got home at 3:27 AM, that means that "eight hours before" would be about 7:00 PM. I see that as a huge slip-up on Ron's part. What was he doing for three or four hours then? If, like he said to the reporter, he left after picking Haleigh up from the bus stop, he'd have come home after about 12 hours of working.

It's interesting that GGMS mentioned a 7:00 PM time slot specifically when she came by to bring the children some clothe, then Ron slips up with the "eight hours" comment, putting that time slot at about 7:00 PM as well. Could Grandma be covering for Ron?

LE has said they did verify he was at work, they didn't say what hours though or what times the were given for Ron being at work and still refuse to do so and IMO it's because Ron was not at work the whole shift. It is said Ron was at a convenience store at 2am that morning as well. LE has video-Rumor? We later learn he was at one but at a later time. IF he called Misty over 20+ times why did he stop at the store? Why not go home?

He got her off the bus and worked 12 hours, then it changed to he worked 3hrs over time. IMO, he was Flustered and changed his story to match the hours he really was at work as LE would have verified this. Suddenly he needs to account for those extra hours and suddenly grandma steps in with the Haleigh sighting at 7pm clearing Ron.

GRACE: We know for a fact, Miss Neves, that she was at school the day that she went missing.

NEVES: Yes, ma`am, she was. I picked her up from the bus stop.

However, now it is said that the transcript is wrong and she stated that Ron got Haleigh of the bus.

Also, Misty has been saying , per police report, it was before three, she saw three. Question was what took her so long to call 911.

Now if you re-watch the Today show interview (http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/261848...74806#29674806 )she AGAIN changed her chain of events to waking up, seeing light on, door open grabs her phone to call RC and THEN notices Haleigh is missing . In the interview RC even interjects that at that time he was already in the driveway. This now is a whole different story, and MC's "I don't know" response following a long pause with a eye gesturing plea from RC. He pretty much tells Misty what to say and when she says the wrong thing he corrects her.

Oct. 6, 2009 - http://www.gainesville.com/article/20100413/ARTICLES/100419756?p=8&tc=pg
Attorneys for both Croslin-Cummings and her husband confirm their clients are contemplating a divorce, with stress cited as the likely reason for the break-up.

Feb. 18, 2009 - Officers confirm a tip in the case that Croslin was not at the home at the time Haleigh supposedly was sleeping.

Sept. 22, 2009 - http://www.gainesville.com/article/20100413/ARTICLES/100419756?p=8&tc=pg
The Putnam County Sheriff's Office reveals that the husband and relatives of Croslin-Cummings couldn't reach her the night she said she was taking care of Haleigh and her younger brother. Cummings made 20 attempts to reach her by phone that evening, according to phone records, and when her brother went to check on her, no lights were on inside and no one answered the door when he banged on it. Later that night Haleigh vanished

:cow:

While Ron Cummings would never be awarded any Father of Year awards, I believe in the end, when and if this finally comes to a final resolution, it will become known, that Ron had nothing to do with Haleigh's disappearance.

IMO

While Ron Cummings would never be awarded any Father of Year awards, I believe in the end, when and if this finally comes to a final resolution, it will become known, that Ron had nothing to do with Haleigh's disappearance.

IMO

And IF and WHEN that happens we will know something stinks to high heaven in Putnam County..IMHO Ronald Cummings has everything to do with the fact Haleigh has not been seen or heard from since February 9, 2009...JMHO

I wonder how the locals of Putnam Co will feel if Ron gets off easy, on these charges ? I am not from there, so I have no idea how the locals feel about his many free passes. Any locals willing to provide some input ? TIA.

If Ron loved Haleigh, he wouldn't have been going around town acting like a jerk, asking for free meals, getting tattoos with money donated to him, he wouldn't have engaged in stalking Amber Brooks, he wouldn't get involved in fights with the likes of Charles Jones, etc etc etc.

Additonally, he wouldn't be bragging about all the sexual positions that he and Misty engaged in AFTER Haleigh vanished. He also wouldn't ask individuals to have group sex with himself and Misty.

Ronald is a terrible parent, a dead beat dad (who abandoned a mentally challenged son), and given the sort of person he is, we cannot rule him out as playing a part in whatever happened.

Let's also not forget that he has been investigated many times by child services.

Ron absolutely fits the profile of someone who may be involved.
Thankyou and well said.........ITA with you!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc
Back