Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had another thought....

Mason said he has invested 600 hours in this case.

He appeared as a defense member for the first time in court on March 18th, 2010.

There have been approx 40 weeks since he joined the team.

There are 168 hours in a week. Of course you have to consider weekends and evenings, but wouldn't that mean....

He has averaged only 15 hours per week on this case????

Wow...that was fifteen more hours per week than I thought he was spending on the case...

Did anybody from here go to the actual hearing? I always love reading their live reports.

I think Judge Perry is very wise to JB's sneaky tactics thus the little speech
about trial by ambush. No surprises. Each side must know what the other side plans to include during trial.
JB has been side-stepping the expert witness testimony with one lame excuse after another and I am now wondering just what he might have had up his sleeve to spring on the jury. Whatever it was, he won't be needing it now because JP is on to him.
JB should have learned his lesson about ambushes when he lost the case for Nilton Diaz, now under appeal. He must think Judge Perry lives under a rock somewhere and it's offensive for me to watch his blatant disregard to the legal system. I hope he ends up disbarred!

I don't think he is trying to ambush the Prosecution with some dazzling refutal of their experts reports, I think there is such a dearth of information beneficial to his client he's trying to keep that information from getting out until the last minute.

Mason is now blaming the judge! What ballz.

IMO
Mason is pissed and in no way will have the SAO or a Judge tarnish his much experienced reputation with a sanction...The Nerve of them to even think of sanctioning Him, Him...the great Cheney Mason....:sick:

Just had another thought....

Mason said he has invested 600 hours in this case.

He appeared as a defense member for the first time in court on March 18th, 2010.

There have been approx 40 weeks since he joined the team.

There are 168 hours in a week. Of course you have to consider weekends and evenings, but wouldn't that mean....

He has averaged only 15 hours per week on this case????

Are you kidding?????? I missed some of the hearing so was this mentioned????? He only spends 15 hours a week (on average)??? That's insane!!!!!

My brief synopsis of today:

HHJP: I am livid with the Defense right now. Sanctions!!!! Wha ha!!!

CM: (mumble mumble) I wasn't there. This is not fair! All these internet posters, that we are having difficulty investigating due to them being anonymous, think Casey's guilty. I admit, I haven't read anything since I took on this case. I thought all I'd have to do is yammer about the unfairness of the trial, and the expense of it all and how unfair it all is and hopefully, save some brilliant lines for cross examination...and the jury...

JB: Echuta! U Kulle rad doe Kankee Kung!

HHJP and CM and the Prosecution and the entire courtroom: What???

Cindy: I have on Battle Red today. Red! Hope everyone notices. Red is not a cameo color.

Casey: I have a side ponytail. Yay! I wore blue. Blue is a nicer color than red. Blue! Yay! I hope they let me have crayons so I can doodle about how much I love doodling. Crud...CM just made me the microphone monitor...I hate responsibility. Day ruined...darn.

that....is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen on WS. you're just knocked kathi belich out of the number one spot of Calling It Like It Is :biglaugh:

I did not hear that however if it did happen I dont think she was under arrest so it dont matter she could have walked away

And did not LE tell KC when she was in the conference room that the door was not locked and she was free to go???? At this point they were looking for a missing child.

Did anybody from here go to the actual hearing? I always love reading their live reports.

We usually have a couple of WS'ers there. Did anyone see Kathi Belich? What are the local stations reporting on the sanctions tonight?

I tend to like these judge guys.....Perry has all the time in the world and Strickland sits on a rainbow! LOL

And Eaton sits on the potty! LOL! And I mean laugh out loud! :crazy:

That's a sign that yes, the defense does have an inkling of just how pissed HHJP was and at least CM was taking steps to actively limit JB's exposure and public speaking today. While JB is "lead attorney" CM is the lead DP qualified attorney. he is not going to be subjected to sanctions based on JB's work without being the one standing before the judge trying to smooth things over. It obviously did not work so well for him however. HHJP was threatening him with contempt fines and really clearly views JB as little more than the defendant at this point (as opposed to an attorney). Notice HHJP did not speak to JB today unless directly grilling him, or responding to JB's questions. And JB was truly almost trying to keep his head down for most of the hearing. (granted he screwed it up unbelievably badly right at the end with his request for "clarification" and more time")

I have a feeling CM is moving into first chair, JB is an embarrassment to the defense and himself. Every time JB opens his mouth, his slovenly work ethic and lack of expertise become more and more apparent. The only time he did open his mouth today he got slapped down and called on his abilities to communicate with his experts.

I see JB becoming KC's chief cheerleader and hand holder from now, a job he is well qualified for....JMO :loser:

I know we both work in this field and it ain't our first rodeo. I gotta tell ya...

I have NEVER seen an attorney address a judge as disrespectfully as CM does HHJP. He openly patronized toward Judge Strickland less than a month before he filed a motion for his recusal. And every single time I have seen him argue before HHJP he is a condescending #$!*. I can barely believe my eyes and ears. I was so happy to see Judge Perry cut him off several times....in essence saying, "I know exactly what you are doing and I have had ENOUGH I don't give a care who you are."

I have ZERO respect for that man. He is beyond full of himself. I can barely watch or listen to him.

I completely agree. His level of disrespect for the Court is astonishing. Truly. I don't care how many years you practice a Court and the presiding Judge is to be RESPECTED. This WILL bite CM in the butt at some point (my guess is that it already has at some point). The legal community is very small. His antics are going to haunt him one day.

Was Judge Perry giving Casey a subtle hint about sueing Baez when this is over, when it was Mason said he didn't want to try this case twice, and, Perry said he didn't mind doing it at all.

Then, he went as far as to say that there are actually attorneys now that do nothing but sue other attorneys for civil causes????

Baes smirked, and Casey shook her head in disgust.

Sometimes I get the feeling ICA has distanced herself to the point that she thinks she is on the defense team and they are defending some other person.

I heard that too! I thought he said $3 per hour..what does that mean?

$3 hour comes from when Judge Perry said that defense transcripts could be made from the taped recordings that the defense took when they were in TN doing the depositions. Apparently TN doesn't provide written documents but Perry say they could use staff in Florida at $3 an hour to create the written documents.

clairification: Perry said $3 hour in video 1, he says $3 a page in video 2. Makes more sense.

I was still reeling ... trying to digest everything that was happening so fast today...

As usual, Baez has no clue when to stop :banghead:... so when he was requesting the 30 days - was he asking what I thought he was asking (surely not!) - For 30 MORE days to submit his expert reports???!?

Somebody tell me it was something else. I mean...surely he knew HHJP was going to deny that without blinking an eye...

Usually we hear from our faithful Amil - but she had to drive her son back to college - I mean honestly - some kids!!!:innocent:

Sometimes I get the feeling ICA has distanced herself to the point that she thinks she is on the defense team and they are defending some other person.

You think she would have to think like that, right? I mean that's the only way one could sit at that table and not go insane at the thought that she's being put on trial for MURDER and the Death Penalty is on the table.

"When the truth comes out, everybody will know that my daughter is innocent. That she has been more of a victim from the media and from the local authorities almost as much as poor Caylee is..." Cindy Anthony. :furious:
Yea...and pigs fly.

I was still reeling ... trying to digest everything that was happening so fast today...

As usual, Baez has no clue when to stop :banghead:... so when he was requesting the 30 days - was he asking what I thought he was asking (surely not!) - For 30 MORE days to submit his expert reports???!?

Somebody tell me it was something else. I mean...surely he knew HHJP was going to deny that without blinking an eye...

Nope Beach. I think you're spot on. That's what he was requesting the extra 30 days for.

We usually have a couple of WS'ers there. Did anyone see Kathi Belich? What are the local stations reporting on the sanctions tonight?

I saw Kathi. Front row behind the SA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member