Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I think you misunderstood that.

It was in the context of:

JB and CM need to be very, very careful. Basically, warning them albeit indirectly that the JAC could sue them for unauthorized expenditures, fraudulent claims, etc....

At least that was how I understood it.

Correct, like creating a situation just to CAUSE a mistrial so that the state has to pay for another trial. I think the defense's strategy is to create a mistrial and keep this going until memories fade and perhaps more evidence can get tossed.

They need that Universal testimony thrown out. Because, someone correct if I'm wrong, doesn't Casey indicate ON TAPE that she spoke to Caylee on the telephone on a certain day? Which would be hard to do if it can be proven that Caylee was already dead by the time that alleged phone call took place.

Too bad JB didn't choose a pocket square to match his red face! As I say every day about Baby Soju: "It looks like this dude's makin' a mess in his pantaloons!"

My headline would be this:

HHJP to the Defense:

vader.jpg

IMO, CM is throwing JB under the bus in a big way. His clear implication was that HE had to do all this work with these motions--and it was soooo much work that maybe he was sloppy here or there--was that his co-counsel is a <pre-snipped to save mods cleanup work>.

Fun memories: His Honor alerting the defense to the existence of Mr. Curtis Jackson, who knows who killed Caylee... JA's opening argument!... JB's face when HHJP was talking about those lawyers who sue attorneys... defense gets a special spanking at sidebar... tone of LDB's voice when agreeing to JibJab motion...

That is CM's fault. He is the death-qualified attorney. He is supposed to be the lead attorney. He should be going over everything co-counsel does with a fine-tooth-comb. He should be informed about what happens when he is not in the courtroom. It's not like these hearings are not available online. It's no excuse, imo.

mightier than his sword, eh??

I am way back in the thread, but had to comment on this...

I assume you are referring back to a skit on SNL with Jeopardy and one of the categories?!!! If so, LOLOLOLOL!

I was multi-tasking and haven't read every post yet, so until I can thank each of you individually as I read back..........

betterthanks.jpg

It was really inappropriate for Mason to basically say he had no clue about computers and technology and then go on to complain about postings on blogs and websites. If you don't know what lol stands for, you don't need to be commenting and chastising bloggers. Does he even know what a blog is? Posting on a site doesn't make one a "blogger".

While he's brushing up on computer and blog terminology he needs to look up Skype- and how to take depositions using it, rather than traveling at his own expense (boohoo) to Tennessee for the purpose.

If he thinks bloggers are harsh with their comments about him he should try reading the Orlando Sentinel comment pages sometime, it can make your hair curl...

I was scratching my head when I heard CM say that ICA was in handcuffs when she was at Universal ... and wasn't mirandized ... that's why they want her interview tossed.

This motion should be good reading.

I don't think the handcuffs came until after the interview. Remember how they made her admit that she was there on her own free will and that she could leave at any time? They'll never get that interview thrown out, imo.

Here's an article that includes the JibJab video of Casey, with the article saying "This video is among the evidence documents released by the Orange County Sheriff's Office today."

It's not clear to me how this satirical video is relevant to the case.

Heard that..........wonder who he was talking about?

My guess is his Court Clerk. Judges are all different some like hard copies of all the filings (complete with all the related law cited in a brief) and others use their computers and access the court docket from the internet.

Each judge has his own preference. But it appears his Court Clerk is attempting to get His Honor to go paperless.

Wow what a hearing. Wish I understood 3/4 of it.
What was granted? what was denied? and what is going to be discussed at future hearings?

Looks to me like most of the defense motions, except for scientific evidence are going to an evidentiary hearing. Those in which scientific evidence will be heard are reserved for a Frye hearing. JP suggested several dates........Jan. 31 - Feb. 4, or the week of Feb. 7th. We're looking at 3 - 4 days of hearings on these motions.

I don't think the handcuffs came until after the interview. Remember how they made her admit that she was there on her own free will and that she could leave at any time? They'll never get that interview thrown out, imo.

Maybe, maybe not:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4907201&postcount=179"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4907201&postcount=179[/ame]

We know that, apparently Cheney doesn't. Just like dates in the tattoo motion; he is wrong again.

I just want to know if I heard Cheney correctly say ICA was handcuffed while going through Universal hallways and conference room.

I was scratching my head when I heard CM say that ICA was in handcuffs when she was at Universal ... and wasn't mirandized ... that's why they want her interview tossed.

This motion should be good reading.

Does he really believe that? It's hard to imagine how he got a reputation as an astute lawyer, for so far we have seen so many errors that it's embarrassing.
All the planets must have been in perfect alignment when Mason and Baez decided to get together.... sheesh.

God I hope they can keep that testimony in. It's really important.

Well, I don't know. If they can keep in the written statement, and the statement she made to Yuri at the house, and the statements she made on the 911 call, that will cover a lot of the same territory.

The hearing moved so fast today that I felt like I was in JB's "spinning chair" at the defense table.

I think even without that, ICA looks very guilty. (Speaking of the Universal interview.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orions