2011.01.04 Defense Motion to Suppress Casey's Statements to LE

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wasn't that the day she sat there in her white shirt, said she would talk - promptly asked for Baez, the LE left her there and we watched the constant preening until Baez got there and said forgetaboutit?
Yup...so what questioning? It was idle chitchat at best...and oh how Casey loved that!!

Ok...now I know we talked about the handcuffing before the trip in the police car...btw...where does it state that?...but a confrontation when LE came to the house? Yuri wasn't there until later...so what confrontation...and who handcuffed her in the house? Did any family member mention that ever?

Oh, yes, she was a very talkative little miss that afternoon.
Well, between her tucking in her shirt, pulling it down so that it was tightly over her who-ha's, and just yakking up a storm to that nice, young officier.

Wanting to know about the grand jury indictment, to which he replied, "I don't know".
She asked about and said that she couldn't understand why an Amber Alert hadn't been issued, to which the nice officier told her, "I don't know".

The ONLY question that I remember him asking her is if she wanted to "talk", to which she said yes, and he asked if she wanted her attorney, again, yes.

They made the call - he left the room, and she preened and prettied up.

Ok...now I know we talked about the handcuffing before the trip in the police car...btw...where does it state that?...but a confrontation when LE came to the house? Yuri wasn't there until later...so what confrontation...and who handcuffed her in the house? Did any family member mention that ever?

I know where I recently saw it..at the Hinky Meter on the timeline.

July 16, the line that starts:
7:01 am KC sends TL a text message

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/casey-anthony-murder-trial/timeline-and-discovery/

Now this is ICA telling TL she was handcuffed. I don't know if it's anywhere in an official report or if the lawyers are taking her word for it:waitasec:

Now this is ICA telling TL she was handcuffed. I don't know if it's anywhere in an official report or if the lawyers are taking her word for it:waitasec:

IMO
It's her way of manipulating TL emotions.
TL was upset with her andshe was trying to turn the tables and make him feel sorry for her... it's all about her..she wanted Tony's sympathy...
Tony!...Tony!...look at me..I'm a victim..LE handcuffed me for like 10mins..and my wrists turned red and it hurt so much I couldn't shwallow..Tony!! are you listening?!
:twocents:

so how does one have the ability to text someone handcuffed in the back of a police car. comeon!! that was just casey tryin to get tl to feel bad for her instead of focusing on the the real issue at hand. her missing/murdered daughter. She was lying. i mean i think she was lying. lol!

so how does one have the ability to text someone handcuffed in the back of a police car. comeon!! that was just casey tryin to get tl to feel bad for her instead of focusing on the the real issue at hand. her missing/murdered daughter. She was lying. i mean i think she was lying. lol!
I think the texting happened when she was back home. :)

wasnt this the interview where she was going to speak to the police then she wanted to call her lawyer to get it sorted mr baez arrived and she clammed up off to jail for her on his say so I take it sooooooooooooo the first thing i would have done as her lawyer was looked at this video to see exactly what went on before i got there There is no way he hasnt looked at this for over 2 years

BBM

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Ummm, you are referring to Baez, Jose Angel, Esquire, right?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

IMO
TL was upset with her andshe was trying to turn the tables and make him feel sorry for her... it's all about her..she wanted Tony's sympathy...
Tony!...Tony!...look at me..I'm a victim..LE handcuffed me for like 10mins..and my wrists turned red and it hurt so much I couldn't shwallow..Tony!! are you listening?!

Yep. He was concerned for Caylee and each time he asked a question about Caylee, ICA brought the focus back to her.

Yep. He was concerned for Caylee and each time he asked a question about Caylee, ICA brought the focus back to her.

u know this girl casey is so transparent. it seems so obvious to us what she was doing. This is why her group of friends and lives changes every few years. people start to realize and she has to move on. there is no way that ga and ca didnt know what she was about. I wonder what whopper of a lie, or person she burned around the conception of caylee that made her have to leave that part of her life behind and find a new life. ga and ca shouldve never left caylee in her care for even a second. all imo.

I put this over on the "ask the lawyers" thread...but does anyone here have any thoughts on this?
Does this motion open KC up in any way for questioning by the State? I mean, they could put in her motion that the police not only held her without mirandizing (sp?) her, beat her up, raped her, etc....how does the State get to rebut her claims if she won't take the stand? It just makes sense to me that since she has asserted these claims, the State can rebutt, and that means putting her on the stand in a hearing to ask questions, right? Doesn't the State have the "right to confront their accuser"?

BBM

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Ummm, you are referring to Baez, Jose Angel, Esquire, right?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

LOL point taken

IMO

Totally! Does anyone know if it appears in an official police report? Wouldn't it be something if LE testify that she never WAS handcuffed?

Totally! Does anyone know if it appears in an official police report? Wouldn't it be something if LE testify that she never WAS handcuffed?

You'd think Baez, fighting so hard for Casey, would have brought this up, oh, I don't know AT THE TIME IT HAPPENED or shortly thereafter. What kind of defense lawyer waits until less that three months to the trial to whine about her treatment? I think that is what aggravates me the most, that if this was really a situation that needed to be looked into, it would have been looked into TWO YEARS ago, now NOW. Obviously, it wasn't even a situation at the time. Now it's just something for Baez to throw out there and hope that it works.

I'm sure LE has plenty back up the fact that they didn't handcuff her and that Baez's supposed version of events is wrong, wrong, WRONG.

I too am wondering if there is a police report that states that Casey was placed in handcuffs. I've made myself crazy looking for police reports from the first responding officers. I know that we have seen some documents in reference to them but I can't remember if they were reports, depositions or interviews. And if they were depositions why didn't the defense ask them about the handcuffing then, it's not like this is new information?

Anyway, if Casey was handcuffed I would bet that it is documented in a police report. It is usually SOP to write in your report that you placed someone in handcuffs and the reason...arrested, for safety during a search, etc. If you're handcuffing someone you are taking away their liberty and it should be documented. So, if it isn't written in a police report somewhere I ain't buying it.

I always thought that you had to be under arrest in order to be handcuffed?

I always thought that you had to be under arrest in order to be handcuffed?

Not necessarily. You can be detained and placed in handcuffs and it is acceptable if the officer can articulate the reason for the handcuffing. For example, a single officer on a traffic stop needs to search a vehicle without backup, if the officer feels that for safety reasons he/she needs to handcuff the person or place them in the back of the car, they can articulate that in a report and that is acceptable. The person can later be released. Officers can and do handcuff people when they arrive on a chaotic scene until the situation can be sorted out and people who are not involved or have not broken the law are released. But anytime that happens it is most always documented in the report.

Sorry to be off topic.

Not necessarily. You can be detained and placed in handcuffs and it is acceptable if the officer can articulate the reason for the handcuffing. For example, a single officer on a traffic stop needs to search a vehicle without backup, if the officer feels that for safety reasons he/she needs to handcuff the person or place them in the back of the car, they can articulate that in a report and that is acceptable. The person can later be released. Officers can and do handcuff people when they arrive on a chaotic scene until the situation can be sorted out and people who are not involved or have not broken the law are released. But anytime that happens it is most always documented in the report.

Sorry to be off topic.

An officer cannot search an auto without probable cause. Just on a traffic stop LE would need your permission to search your car unless they saw something lying out in the open. Any officer who decided to handcuff me better put me under arrest because I would feel I was not free to leave the scene and therefore arrested. Once the officer let me go I'd be filing charges against the police department and calling an attorney.

"Handcuffing a suspect after a temporary detention is generally considered an arrest unless exceptional circumstances exist. This is particularly so when the officer testifies that the suspect was not under arrest but that he was handcuffed, with no reason given for the handcuffing. Lamar v. State, 578 So. 2d 1382 (Ala. Cr. App., 1991). This will be ruled an arrest every time."

Sorry to be off topic.

I don't know about being "off topic" because aren't we all trying to figure out if this actually happened or something Baez or wasn't it Mason threw in just for window dressing?

I know for sure this is the first we've heard of it since ICA's little text to TL and well, considering the source....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back