2011.01.09 Front page Orlando Sentinel: Is Baez in over his head? *UNDER REVIEW*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by strawberry
The letter from JS that is quoted: was that public before? I knew there was talk that JS had reported JB but I didn't know that his report was made public, or what it said?

I don't remember seeing it either. How did this reporter get the letter? I always assumed it was Baez that told Dom not to call LE if he found Caylee, but now we know for sure. I wonder if it was Baez that sent to Dom to Suburban Drive because I've never bought the "psychic" story.

From the article:

In March 2009, Circuit Judge Stan Strickland, who was then hearing the case, wrote a letter to The Florida Bar about ethical concerns he had about Baez.

The issue involved allegations that Baez directed investigator Dominic Casey to "walk away" if he found Caylee's lifeless body during a 2008 search — and then contact Baez rather than law enforcement.

Citing sworn statements by Dominic Casey, Strickland wrote, "If truthful, they are extremely troubling.

After the Florida Bar rules on a complaint, the documents become public access.
I believe the file is purged after one year on file though.
So, the reporter must have asked for copies of that complaint and got them, before the year was up.
Maybe someone could ask Kathi B. for a copy of Judge S. letter to the Bar - surely WFTV got a copy of it (just did not publish it publicly).

The letter from JS that is quoted: was that public before? I knew there was talk that JS had reported JB but I didn't know that his report was made public, or what it said?

So, the reporter must have asked for copies of that complaint and got them, before the year was up.
Maybe someone could ask Kathi B. for a copy of Judge S. letter to the Bar - surely WFTV got a copy of it (just did not publish it publicly).

I hope so! I'm surprised noone's published it yet!

Somehow, in some way, Baez will definitely be affected by this article.

And I know all WSers following this case find it heart wrenching, frustrating, and :banghead: :furious:

Just once in a while - in the moment - it's :great: for me to be able to say -

Today We Eat Cake! :cupcake:

:great: Thank you Mr. Colarossi for exposing the truth! :great:

I have been waiting to see a headline like this for a very long time.

Jose will be all right. He will

A. Cousin Vinny it!
B. Geraldo Rivera it!
C. Key West it!

No matter what happens we all know who he is now. He has name recognition and he has certainly made all sorts of big contacts. He took on the world's most hated client...that is in and of itself a big book opportunity. I vote for "C" however...I can see Jose moving to Key West and becoming a blogger! Sort of like Marinade Dave. Jose needs a good recipe that fits his personality...a simple fiery hot sauce maybe...that could be used on evvverrrything! lol

http://www.floridabar.org/tfb/TFBCo...penDocument#WHAT IF I DECIDE TO MAKE AN INQUI

excerpt:

"While you have the right to talk to anyone you want about your Bar inquiry/complaint, you should consider not talking to anyone other than Bar staff, investigators, and grievance committee members, or your new lawyer, until the case is closed or until the matter is decided by a grievance committee and further proceedings are undertaken. At that point, the matter becomes public information and a part of the file defined as the public record that is available to anyone who wishes to see it. "

This is all I could find about the D Casey complaint, the letters from the Bar are in the article:

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/20667422/detail.html

ETA: http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19139567/detail.html#-

Somehow, in some way, Baez will definitely be affected by this article.

And I know all WSers following this case find it heart wrenching, frustrating, and :banghead: :furious:

Just once in a while - in the moment - it's :great: for me to be able to say -

Of course he has been affected. I'm betting he is already drawing up the motions to be submitted tomorrow morning demanding that HHJP prevent the Orlando Sentinel from publishing anything about him as it might impact his clients right to a fair trial. he will site no case law and only service the SA's office. At least 1 page will appear to be missing from the motion, and the middle paragraphs will site some references to a child rapist, for reasons that don't make any sense whatsoever.:waitasec:

LOL. You know what's really sad, though. If Baez reads this article, the only thing he's going to remember is "Hey, they think I can still pull a My Cousin Vinny and win! I can still win! It's possible! I AM COUSIN VINNY! Awesome!"

I just know that's what he's going to focus on the most to the exclusion of the rest of the article. He's got to think positive, you know? I have the feeling he may even go rent, no buy, that movie and watch it over and over and over in preparation for the trial, LOL.

Well, if he comes strutting into court and is spouting a Bronx's accent.....well, we were warned !!!:floorlaugh:

I don't remember seeing it either. How did this reporter get the letter? I always assumed it was Baez that told Dom not to call LE if he found Caylee, but now we know for sure. I wonder if it was Baez that sent to Dom to Suburban Drive because I've never bought the "psychic" story.

From the article:

In March 2009, Circuit Judge Stan Strickland, who was then hearing the case, wrote a letter to The Florida Bar about ethical concerns he had about Baez.

The issue involved allegations that Baez directed investigator Dominic Casey to "walk away" if he found Caylee's lifeless body during a 2008 search — and then contact Baez rather than law enforcement.

Citing sworn statements by Dominic Casey, Strickland wrote, "If truthful, they are extremely troubling.

We can ask the author of the OS article, for a copy of Judge S's Bar complaint info ... Anthony Colarossi can be reached at acolarossi@orlandosentinel.com or 407-420-5447.

Of course he has been affected. I'm betting he is already drawing up the motions to be submitted tomorrow morning demanding that HHJP prevent the Orlando Sentinel from publishing anything about him as it might impact his clients right to a fair trial. he will site no case law and only service the SA's office. At least 1 page will appear to be missing from the motion, and the middle paragraphs will site some references to a child rapist, for reasons that don't make any sense whatsoever.:waitasec:

He'll once again demand that the man Red with the telephoto lens not aim it at him, and, that he will want the reporters notes before they leave the court room; and site his right under the Sunshine Law!
Somehow, he will pull something, I just know it too!

Oh, a Fool and His Money that has departed him and he is left with squat.
Maybe he can sell his pictures of his trip to Paris, of him holding up the Eiffel Tower to pay for his defense when the state comes calling on him!

:floorlaugh: I woke my dogs up laughing at this one!

We can ask the author of the OS article, for a copy of Judge S's Bar complaint info ... Anthony Colarossi can be reached at acolarossi@orlandosentinel.com or 407-420-5447.

That would be the icing on the cake today to get ahold of that and have it on a Sticky on the front page here !!!

Shoot = that would be the cherry on top of the icing on the cake !
Eat THAT, Baez !

I have often pictured ICA taking it down to the wire with JB and then firing him, and CM as well, at the last minute. However, she has been declared indigent by the court, so she would just get a court appointed attorney then, wouldn't she? I don't think she would be able to drag it out too long by "firing" attorneys that the court is giving her free of charge. She might get away with it once, but surely not again and again. Unless she wants to pay for her counsel, of course. moo

She would have been way better off if she had done that to begin with..

The only thing that could have made this article better, would have been for Red to be hiding in the bushes this AM with his camera that sure has put a burr in Baez' bonnet and snapped a live action reaction !

Baez steps out to pick up his paper.. and his face goes plum purple in rage; if he can afford home delivery that is !!

Well, maybe tomorrow we will see that picture.

From the article:

I don't remember the details but I do remember JB being interviewed about Judge SS filing a complaint and he said that the Judge was forced to send on "some ridiculous complaint that came across his desk" about him - now we find out the complaint originated at Judge SS's desk and was not just forwarded to the Bar Assn just because he felt obligated to do so..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member