2011.01.30 new search north and west of Portland

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
KATU - Story Updated: Jul 23, 2010 at 7:17 PM PDT

Sources detail Terri’s timeline day Kyron disappeared

According to multiple sources, Terri Moulton Horman says she left Skyline School at 8:45 in the morning without Kyron the day he disappeared and that between 8:45 a.m. and 10:10 a.m. she ran errands at local grocery stores and can prove it.

snip

Between 10:10 in the morning and 11:39, Terri said she drove her daughter K around on rural roads in the family’s white truck because K had an earache. She said she was trying to soothe the toddler with the motion of the vehicle.

snip

At 11:39 a.m., Terri checked in at a 24-hour Fitness in Beaverton on Waterhouse Avenue and worked out for about an hour until 12:40 p.m.

By 1:21, Terri said she'd traveled home - a distance of nearly 11 miles - and was posting photos on Facebook she'd taken that morning of Kyron standing with his science project and of his friend, K, standing with his.

Sources said she also e-mailed the teacher to find out when she could come pick up the project as she had not taken it home.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/99151549.html

Maybe this will be even better information than the thread I bumped.

Emma she was seen at the 2nd FM by someone between 9:30 and 10:00, we have to figure she left the 2nd FM between 9:45 and 10:00

I didn't see that info Jo. Thanks. I'll have to keep looking for that info of where she was 9:30 - 10:00 at another FM....

She can't be in 2 places at once...

Possibly, witness Chas' reported sighting times changed since the article was written...

It's tough for us to know these things for sure. We're using news articles and not actual police interviews for our time-line fact-base. We do what we can. :crazy:

I didn't see that info Jo. Thanks. I'll have to keep looking for that info of where she was 9:30 - 10:00 at another FM....

She can't be in 2 places at once...

Possibly, witness Chas' reported sighting times changed since the article was written...

It's tough for us to know these things for sure. We're using news articles and not actual police interviews for our time-line fact-base. We do what we can. :crazy:

This is why I'm asking, how long it would take to get from the 2nd FM to the locations their searching and back to the gym for her 11:39 check in.

What about the 10:10 - 11:39 window of time? Did she have time to go from Fred Meyer, to the search location and back to the gym... with more than 15 minutes to spend at the search location?

So if the search had been planned for months, does that mean it is not based on new information? Just info they had, but had not been able to check out yet? I'm confused. I hope this is as important a search as I believed it to be this morning.

It's hard to believe that if they really knew Kyron was here, where they are searching, that they would have left him there for months. Seems like there would have been some days in recent months they could have taken a look. But I am speaking from an emotional standpoint and I do understand that is not how it works...but still :(

This is news to me, from an experienced searcher talking about one of the dogs working today: "...Justice is trained to find decaying body fluids that have gone into the ground. The dog can detect fluids from farther away than it can detect bones.

To find a bone, the dog has to get close to it. The fluids in the ground keep a strong odor for a long time, he said. On a good day, they can be detected from 50 to 100 yards away."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/01/cadaver_dogs_join_sundays_sear.html

So, given the terrain, a dog trained to do this is a real asset.

So if the search had been planned for months, does that mean it is not based on new information? Just info they had, but had not been able to check out yet? I'm confused. I hope this is as important a search as I believed it to be this morning.

It's hard to believe that if they really knew Kyron was here, where they are searching, that they would have left him there for months. Seems like there would have been some days in recent months they could have taken a look. But I am speaking from an emotional standpoint and I do understand that is not how it works...but still :(

I don't buy they knew for months at all. Possibly weeks but not months.

So, two hours until this search ends?

And five days until the next one?

Any one know if they searched yesterday?

Maybe this will be even better information than the thread I bumped.

Originally Posted by BeanE
KATU - Story Updated: Jul 23, 2010 at 7:17 PM PDT

Sources detail Terri’s timeline day Kyron disappeared

According to multiple sources, Terri Moulton Horman says she left Skyline School at 8:45 in the morning without Kyron the day he disappeared and that between 8:45 a.m. and 10:10 a.m. she ran errands at local grocery stores and can prove it.

snip

Between 10:10 in the morning and 11:39, Terri said she drove her daughter K around on rural roads in the family’s white truck because K had an earache. She said she was trying to soothe the toddler with the motion of the vehicle.

snip

At 11:39 a.m., Terri checked in at a 24-hour Fitness in Beaverton on Waterhouse Avenue and worked out for about an hour until 12:40 p.m.

By 1:21, Terri said she'd traveled home - a distance of nearly 11 miles - and was posting photos on Facebook she'd taken that morning of Kyron standing with his science project and of his friend, K, standing with his.

Sources said she also e-mailed the teacher to find out when she could come pick up the project as she had not taken it home.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/99151549.html

I cannot imagine that the motion of a vehicle on winding (and bumpy?) rural roads would make a child with an earache feel better. Seems the opposite - that motion would aggravate it and that lying still is usually preferred. I'm lucky enough to only have dealt with an earache just once with my children, but every time he moved, he screamed.

I would love to know if she was dirty when she arrived at the gym. I'm sure she showered there rather than home, which would have been rather convenient, wouldn't it?

Absolutely, the weather may have cooperated on a few days in the last few months... but did it cooperate on days searchers were available? That is the question.

I think they got this information "months ago" as in 2 months ago or so. Possibly right around the time of that last big search. Then it was snowing and they had to wait. I don't think they knew longer than that.

There may have been some "warm enough" days in that time frame, but they likely fell on weekdays... when they didn't have searchers available. This isn't an area where a few officers can just go up and take a look... they had to wait for a large number of searchers and for dogs as well. :twocents:

What about the 10:10 - 11:39 window of time? Did she have time to go from Fred Meyer, to the search location and back to the gym... with more than 15 minutes to spend at the search location?

I remember at one point, LE was trying to determine if in fact Kyron had been at school that morning at all and that the picture could possibly have been taken the day before or even earlier in the morning than TH is saying.

Was it confirmed that Kyron was at school that morning?

I think this search comes as the culmination of several leads, that have all come together over the last few weeks to a month. I think the searches have been held up until now so as to give searchers to most optimum weather conditions along with the largest number of searchers that could be ammassed on a given weekend.

I do not think it was any one thing but rather, several things that pointed these might be good areas to search. Many of the searchers out there today have come from other areas, which may also have cases ongoing, and so forth.

MOO This was the first opportunity afforded by leads, weather and resources to conduct these searches.

I remember at one point, LE was trying to determine if in fact Kyron had been at school that morning at all and that the picture could possibly have been taken the day before or even earlier in the morning than TH is saying.

Was it confirmed that Kyron was at school that morning?

Yes it was. He was there.

So just doing that would still leave her 29-39 minutes depending on what time she left Fred Meyer. We don't know for sure what time, right? Because she didn't buy anything at that one? So she could have left at 10am.

29 minutes from Fred Meyer to the search site...

How long from the search site to the gym?
Is it still about the same or is it closer or further away than Fred Meyer?

2nd FM to the closest search spot today would be 29 min. each way. Further up on Dixie Mt. Road would add a bigger chunk of time.

Map:http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...42,-122.877274&spn=0.173449,0.402031&t=h&z=12

I'm not sure how far from the search sight (logie) to beaverton gym. would have to ask a local.

I'm think I'm seeing that a logie trail/skyline loop goes to beaverton. It looks like a bit of a loooong drive.

I don't buy they knew for months at all. Possibly weeks but not months.

Adding to that, what about all the time after the gym?

TH has the time before home down to the minute (or so it seems).

But, from what I have heard (and I am sure that I haven't read/remember everything); we know she was at home for two reasons: A. she posted the pictures of Kyron on facebook B. she was there when Kaine got home.

What about the time in between there?

If she was an alcoholic maybe she needed a little "liquid courage"?

IDK, did she cook something (look honey I made lasagna) ANYTHING that can place her at her home after the facebook picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southshore16